PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to see Bailey start again this year?

AmarilloRed
09-15-2007, 11:48 PM
I haven't heard how Homer Bailey did in his simulated game today -- I honestly forgot to ask -- but you'd think he'd start the next time the fifth spot comes up. Kirk Saarloos was OK after a shaky first -- four innings, three runs -- but I don't think he's going to be in the rotation next year.

I copied that from John Fay, and I thought it was a good question to ask. Would you like to see Bailey start again this year? Krivsky has been noncommittal, but I would imagine he would be in the rotation and so I voted yes. As long as his rehabilitation works out, it might be best to see where his progress is. He may be ready by next year, or he might need another couple of years, but I would imagine the Reds need to know either way before the off-season starts.

RedDevil
09-16-2007, 08:04 AM
Not this season

ChatterRed
09-16-2007, 09:04 AM
Not this season.

But with Hamilton having gone down with injury, it's the perfect opportunity to bring up Jay Bruce.

dthomas24
09-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Let him finish up in Florida. I don't think we saw a healthy HB in Cincy. All reports from the minors said he was throwing 97-98 but he topped out at 93 when he got called up. Let's get him right and on the right track for April 2008!

captainmorgan07
09-16-2007, 11:08 AM
nope let him get himself together and let him come in to spring training with a full tank and fully healthy and give him everychance to make the rotation.

Prf15
09-16-2007, 11:35 AM
I don't want to see Bailey but I want Dumatrait to be shut down for the rest of the year, all they are doing now is hurting the kids confidence, shut him down and put him in AAA next season.

What about trying Brad Salmon in the 5th starting spot? He used to start in the minors and before he got called up he was pitching alot of 3 inning games.

jnwohio
09-16-2007, 12:57 PM
According to Trent's blog its official that Homer B. will start for the Reds on Thursday (in 'Frisco, I believe).

AmarilloRed
09-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Good work jnwohio. A number of us mentioned we would like to see him finish in Florida. His simulated game went well however, so we will be seeing him.

GoReds33
09-16-2007, 09:46 PM
I want Bailey vs. Cain.

Vada Pinson Fan
09-18-2007, 10:22 PM
I think if Bailey is healthy and can pitch, well, why not let him do it against the Giants. That gives Homer a chance for a positive finish this year.

gedred69
09-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Sorry to join this late, but if Homer is at least 95% he should pitch one more time. He needs to see where he is, and where he needs to get to. Face it. Next year relies heavily on his shoulders, as there will not be any acquisitions to fill #'s 3,4, 5, next year. The Tigers didn't hesitate to throw Bonderman to the fire, and look how it panned out, you can look his career up. But, again I repeat, IF, he is close to 100%. (He obviously wasn't at least his last start if not even the start before).

AmarilloRed
09-19-2007, 01:29 AM
I believe it was mentioned he will get a couple of starts. The Reds seem to be impressed with the simulated game he pitched. We will all see how healthy he is on Thursday.