PDA

View Full Version : Junior a finalist

texasdave
09-18-2007, 04:30 PM
From C. Trent's blog:

CHICAGO -- Ken Griffey Jr. is one of five finalists for the National League's Hank Aaron Award for best overall offensive performance. The other finalists are Chipper Jones, Prince Fielder, Albert Pujols and Jose Reyes. Fans can vote at mlb.com

Nice to see. Lifetime achievement award? :beerme:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Aaron_Award

Screwball
09-18-2007, 04:50 PM
From C. Trent's blog:

Nice to see. Lifetime achievement award? :beerme:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Aaron_Award

I find it pretty interesting Jr. gets nominated when he wasn't even the best offensive player on his own team.

texasdave
09-18-2007, 04:56 PM
You can vote for Junior at mlb.com. Warning: It seems like you have to give your name, address, phone number, email and state next of kin.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/fan_forum/ha/y2007/index.jsp

GoReds33
09-18-2007, 05:18 PM
He won't win. Don't bother to vote. If you do anything send a letter to whoever nominated the players, and tell them that Phillips should have been there.

Screwball
09-18-2007, 05:30 PM
He won't win. Don't bother to vote. If you do anything send a letter to whoever nominated the players, and tell them that Phillips should have been there.

If by Phillips you mean Dunn then I agree.

texasdave
09-18-2007, 05:37 PM

Even if you don't agree with the choice of Junior as the Reds' nominee, doesn't mean you shouldn't support him. Just sayin'.

RedsMightWin
09-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Jose Reyes should win that by a landslide

Screwball
09-18-2007, 05:43 PM
Jose Reyes should win that by a landslide

Prince Fielder has had an absolute monster of a year. He's better than Reyes in just about every stat (except for runs, hits, and SBs). Prince gets on base more often, hits for higher average, more power, more RBI, creates more runs, etc. etc.

Bottom line, Prince Fielder is the one who should win this (and probably the NL MVP) by a landslide.

RedsMightWin
09-18-2007, 06:15 PM
Prince Fielder has had an absolute monster of a year. He's better than Reyes in just about every stat (except for runs, hits, and SBs). Prince gets on base more often, hits for higher average, more power, more RBI, creates more runs, etc. etc.

Bottom line, Prince Fielder is the one who should win this (and probably the NL MVP) by a landslide.

Its not really even fair to compare there stats like that. They are completely different type of hitters.

I just think Reyes gets the nod from me mainly because those stolen bases.

RedsMightWin
09-18-2007, 06:18 PM
its a popularity contest anyways and a joke of an award.

GoReds33
09-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Even if you don't agree with the choice of Junior as the Reds' nominee, doesn't mean you shouldn't support him. Just sayin'.I support him. I know he won't win though. He didn't have that good of a year. He was only a nominee because of his past. They want to give him something.:)

BLEEDS
09-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Do you get extra points for underhand throws? If so, he's a lock.

PEACE

-BLEEDS