PDA

View Full Version : Baseball keeper help

IowaRed
09-20-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm in a 9 team NL only roto league. It's 4X4 with Avg, HR, RBI, SB
W, S, ERA, WHIP. I'm not crazy about this 4X4 format but they won't listen to my lobbying

I need to keep 3 hitters and 3 pitchers from the following:

C-Russell Martin
1B-Adam LaRoche
2B-Rickie Weeks
3B-Mark DeRosa
SS-Jose Reyes
MI-JJ Hardy
CI-Berkman
OF-Luis Gonzalez
OF-Andruw Jones
OF-Ryan Ludwick
OF-Jayson Werth
OF-Josh Willingham
Ut-Joey Votto

P-Heath Bell
P-Jon Broxton
P-Dave Bush
P-Matt Capps
P-Franklin Morales
P-Micah Owings
P-John Smoltz
P-Adam Wainwright
P-Chris Young (SD)

Bench-
Morgan Ensberg, Jeff Conine, Josh Hamilton, Ruben Gotay, Brian Fuentes, Tom Gordon

if I had to pick right now, and I don't, I would go with Reyes, Martin, Berkman, Wainwright, Smoltz, and Young.

2nd tier-Hamilton, Willingham, Hardy, Weeks, LaRoche, Andruw, and Capps

Thoughts?

Johnny Footstool
09-20-2007, 04:25 PM
The six you picked look pretty good.

Watch and see what the Dodgers do with Broxton. If they decide to make him the closer next season, I'd keep him ahead of Wainwright.

tripleaaaron
09-20-2007, 05:51 PM
How does the keeper picks work out, do you lose the spot that they were drafted in or do you just keep 3 of each. period. That makes a big difference, if it is just a flat out, no charge, keeper set-up, you pick your 3 most valued players, or best. period. No positional glances,etc. If draft positions, payroll, etc is a factor, then you keep your best values. Keep players who will optimize dollars which may make Votto a better keeper than Martin, if you drafted Martin round 7 and Votto Round 16, etc. When do you have to make your selections? If it is just before your draft, wait until you make your pre-season rankings next year and choose the 3 players on your current roster which are ranked the highest on your pre-draft rankings.

IowaRed
09-20-2007, 09:14 PM
How does the keeper picks work out, do you lose the spot that they were drafted in or do you just keep 3 of each. period. That makes a big difference, if it is just a flat out, no charge, keeper set-up, you pick your 3 most valued players, or best. period. No positional glances,etc. If draft positions, payroll, etc is a factor, then you keep your best values. Keep players who will optimize dollars which may make Votto a better keeper than Martin, if you drafted Martin round 7 and Votto Round 16, etc. When do you have to make your selections? If it is just before your draft, wait until you make your pre-season rankings next year and choose the 3 players on your current roster which are ranked the highest on your pre-draft rankings.

it's a straight keeper-3 & 3. Not an auction, no draft positions just a regular keeper league. I understand that I want to keep my 3 best for the league settings, I'm trying to get opinions on whether people might take the risk of a Hamilton or maybe risk that Andruw will bounce back or if Broxton will be the closer (as was mentioned), or if Hardy can mash for a full season, etc. Thanks for the help

GoReds33
09-20-2007, 09:16 PM
I would keep Broxton instead of Wainright. I say that without looking at any stats. Broxton is a beast.

camisadelgolf
09-21-2007, 06:39 AM
I would consider keeping Andruw Jones. The key word is "consider". I mean, you know, the law of large numbers or whatever . . .

Stephenk29
10-14-2007, 06:25 PM
I would definitely keep the six you already selected. I don't think I would even consider keeping Hamilton. You can easily draft him again in the late rounds. People are not going to be jumping at the chance to get him.