PDA

View Full Version : Dunn rips Wrigley field! read this today

Chi-Town Red
09-20-2007, 06:55 PM
Dunn is down on Wrigley

September 20, 2007
BY GORDON WITTENMYER gwittenmyer@suntimes.com

Cincinnati Reds left fielder Adam Dunn ripped Wrigley Field after teammate Ken Griffey Jr. was injured on a play in the eighth inning Wednesday night.

''That outfield is dangerous,'' Dunn said. ''I'm surprised more people don't get injured out there. It's worse than playing in a parking lot.''

After appearing to slip while fielding Derrek Lee's single to right, Griffey lobbed the ball back in, then doubled over in pain and crumpled to the ground. The initial diagnosis was an abdominal strain.

RELATED STORIES
Who needs rest? Not Lilly
Told that concerts were held in the outfield earlier this summer, Dunn said: ''It looks like they had a monster truck rally. It's terrible. There are potholes. It's bad. It's unsafe.''

The quality of the outdated, crowned playing surface at Wrigley has been an issue for years. But Cubs shortstop Ryan Theriot, who has spent a lot of practice time in the outfield, defended his home turf.

''Yeah, they've got some spots out there,'' he said. ''Yeah, it's tough. But there are a lot of other places just like that.

Now who thinks Dunn is going to come and play for the CUBS???

Screwball
09-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Just another reason to hate the Cubs...

fadetoblack2880
09-20-2007, 07:30 PM
I'll make that reason #611 to hate them.

GoReds33
09-20-2007, 08:48 PM
This really doesn't suprise me. Wrigley is the most overrated ballpark in baseball. I understand that it is a legendary stadium. I also realize that it has a stench of cat urine. Atleast that is what they said during a Cubs broadcast. Maybe it's goat urine.

George Foster
09-20-2007, 09:57 PM
The cubs have the money to totally redo the outfield....no excuses. Just dig it up and redo it in sod.

gedred69
09-20-2007, 11:26 PM
Just another reason to hate the Cubs...

I really didn't need any more. Go Brewers! (And I'm not really a Brewer fan, I just don't like the Cubs). My favorite "T"-shirt this summer was on StL fans: "Favorite teams are StL and whoever beats the Cubs". Substitute Reds for StL, and I'll buy one!!

TheWalls
09-21-2007, 05:04 PM
I really didn't need any more. Go Brewers! (And I'm not really a Brewer fan, I just don't like the Cubs). My favorite "T"-shirt this summer was on StL fans: "Favorite teams are StL and whoever beats the Cubs". Substitute Reds for StL, and I'll buy one!!

Mine was at a White Sox game that said: Wrigley Field largest gay bar in the US!

I also like the Hat of Shame from "Get Fuzzy"! (I feel inept)

Go Brewers!

Chi-Town Red
09-21-2007, 06:25 PM
i was at the game tuesday...i really dislike Cub fans!

WMR
09-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Dunn is the man.

GoReds33
09-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Dunn is the man.It is always nice to see somebody question something that's overrated. They do need a new field, if not a whole new stadium.:)

Chi-Town Red
09-22-2007, 11:49 AM
The bad part is its falling apart, but because of it's historic place in the city they wont even give it a much needed face lift...