PDA

View Full Version : Week 4: Big Ten Predictions

GAC
09-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Northwestern @ Ohio State

Big 10's #2 Pass offense vs the #1 Pass defense
#9 Rushing defense vs #7 Rushing offense.

The Buck are at Home. Impressive at Washington (I was surprised)
N'western struggled vs Nevada and lost to Duke???

31-10 Buckeyes

It could end up being 23-10 Bucks if Tressel plays conservative and settles for FGs. ;)

Illinois @ Indiana

Who cares right?

Looking at these two teams, no real quality wins over solid opponents, unless you want to count Indiana's win over W. Michigan

Indiana 37-28

Penn State @ Michigan

Can one say Michigan is on the rebound after playing the likes of Notre Dame? Both their defense (9th) and offense (10th) has not been impressive. They are not really pressuring the opposing offense (last in rushing D). They are facing the #2 scoring offense in the Big 10.

Penn State 24-21

Michigan State @ Notre Dame

If all the Spartans get is a safety they'll win vs this Irish offense. A quality win for the Spartans over Pitt last week. I personally think the Spartans are going to be a force in the Big 10.

At halftime you'll be changing the channel trying to find someone else to watch.

37-10 Michigan State

Iowa @ Wisconsin

Iowa, so far, has been tough on defense in all facets of the game (#2 overall behind the Buckeyes). The Badgers got a quality win over Washington State a couple weeks ago, but really struggled vs UNLV (could've lost). The Badgers are at home, but I'm still going with the Hawkeyes.

Iowa 21-17

Purdue @ Minnesota

You've got the top two teams in the Big 10 in Total Offense facing each other. The Boilermakers have the #1 Pass Offense and Scoring Offense vs the Gopher's #11 Pass Defense. And the Gophers have done a majority of their scoring via the air. I believe it's gonna be a high scoring affair as both teams struggle to run the ball. But the Gophers are gonna have trouble trying to run vs Penn States #1 Rush Defense.

41-34 Purdue

Unassisted
09-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Northwestern @ Ohio State
42-7 Buckeyes
NU hasn't played a team as good as Ohio State yet.

Illinois @ Indiana
I figure Illinois by 3, so I'll go with 24-21.

Penn State @ Michigan
Michigan's back on track. They'll continue to dominate PSU in the series.
Maize and blue by touchdowns two. 35-21

Iowa @ Wisconsin
Both are overrated, but Iowa's more so.
Badgers take this one in front of a well-oiled home crowd 28-10.

Purdue @ Minnesota
I see scoring, lots of scoring, thanks to the dome and the lack of pass defense.
52-48 Minnesota in a wild one.

Danny Serafini
09-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Ohio St. 38-7
Illinois 28-20
Penn St. 31-17
Wisconsin 27-13
Purdue 38-21
Michigan St. 35-13

jmcclain19
09-22-2007, 02:47 PM
I predict the Big Ten will suck again this week, just like the last three

BuckeyeRed27
09-22-2007, 03:25 PM
I predict the Big Ten will suck again this week, just like the last three

So what conference is good?
I'll give you the SEC. After that I'd say its pretty open.

RedFanAlways1966
09-22-2007, 03:44 PM
As Northwestern plays OSU today, I have a trivia question...

I once attended an Ohio State AT Northwestern game... in the state of Ohio (but not Columbus). Anyone know why this NW home game against OSU was played in Ohio?

GAC
09-22-2007, 05:01 PM
If I was NW'n, I'd sneak out of the stadium in Columbus at halftime.

42-0 Bucks.

Michigan 7 Penn State 3 with about a minute to go till the half

17-14 Michigan State over ND approaching the half.

Mendenhall of Illinois (214 yds rushing) did me in on that game prediction. I thought Indiana might pull that one out.

GAC
09-22-2007, 05:03 PM
As Northwestern plays OSU today, I have a trivia question...

I once attended an Ohio State AT Northwestern game... in the state of Ohio (but not Columbus). Anyone know why this NW home game against OSU was played in Ohio?

You were lost, and not even in the state of Ohio? :D

Razor Shines
09-22-2007, 05:08 PM
How about those Irish? Two TDs in one game!! Whatever else happens in the game we automatically win.

RedFanAlways1966
09-22-2007, 06:29 PM
You were lost, and not even in the state of Ohio? :D

LOL, GAC! No tailgating at the game due to the cold-and wet rain that whole day.

Anyhow... NW was pretty bad back in 1991. Art Modell offered the school $1 million to have their home game (Oct. 16, 1991) vs. OSU at Cleveland's Municipal Stadium. NW would also get the home team's share of the gate revenue as well. NW got their butts kicked that day and the majority of the fans were wearing scarlet-n-gray... but they probably built a new engineering building on their campus with the money they took home.

MWM
09-22-2007, 06:50 PM
While Michigan's defense was never as bad as they looked the first two weeks, they aren't as good as they looked today. Penn State is really disappointing. I was hoping they'd be strong this year for the conference, but the clearly aren't a top 10 team. They haven't had a good offense in more than a decade.

pedro
09-22-2007, 06:51 PM
While Michigan's defense was never as bad as they looked the first two weeks, they aren't as good as they looked today. Penn State is really disappointing. I was hoping they'd be strong this year for the conference, but the clearly aren't a top 10 team. They haven't had a good offense in more than a decade.

Yeah, Penn St. just seems to be stuck in the 70's offensive wise.

Not impressive at all.

guttle11
09-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Did Penn state even watch game film on Michigan defense? They played into their strengths all day, and never adjusted. Spread them out and they struggle like heck to keep up. I don't even think they tried all game.

Morelli is all kinds of awful, too.

Spring~Fields
09-22-2007, 07:31 PM
If I was NW'n, I'd sneak out of the stadium in Columbus at halftime.

42-0 Bucks.

As a common fan I of course take the win for the home team but on the other hand a victory over weaker opponents just doesn’t seem like a victory to me anymore as I get older.

Something is missing, real competition in a real sporting event. Traditional football powers year in and year out playing soft schedules somehow seems like fraud to me. I know they schedule them well in advance etc. but, the polls and standings seem so dubious to me.

MWM
09-22-2007, 09:56 PM
The Big Ten needs to learn how to play offense. OSU and Michigan has had pretty good offenses recently, but there are a lot of teams stuck in the 70s, as Pedro put it. I think that's why the conference is down right now.

Redsfaithful
09-23-2007, 12:31 AM
I really wonder sometimes what anyone gets out of Northwestern being in the Big Ten. Are they better at other sports?

I know the conference is probably proud of their academics, but they just can't compete athletically. Maybe they have a miracle season every once in awhile, but they are almost always awful. The announcers said today that their athletic department budget is $40 million for everything. Ohio State's football budget alone is $45 million according to them.

KronoRed
09-23-2007, 01:03 AM
Every conference has a Northwestern, in the SEC it's Vandy, in the big 12 it's Baylor, in the pac 10 it's Stanford.

WMR
09-23-2007, 01:19 AM
Every conference has a Northwestern, in the SEC it's Vandy, in the big 12 it's Baylor, in the pac 10 it's Stanford.

Hey Guy Morriss: How we lookin'??? :rolleyes:

Danny Serafini
09-23-2007, 01:19 AM
I really wonder sometimes what anyone gets out of Northwestern being in the Big Ten. Are they better at other sports?

Not really. Their basketball team has never once gone to the NCAA tournament. But like it says in the post above, every conference has to have its brain school.

KronoRed
09-23-2007, 01:22 AM
Hey Guy Morriss: How we lookin'??? :rolleyes:

Huh?:confused:

WMR
09-23-2007, 01:23 AM
Huh?:confused:

He left UK for Baylor. I was a huge Guy Morriss fan... wish he would've stayed at UK where he was really on the cusp of something special rather than leaving for a school where his chances of recruiting top in-state and regional talent are slim to nil (and slim just left town).

KronoRed
09-23-2007, 01:31 AM
Ahh that's right, I remember that.

I thought you were calling me Guy Morriss :lol:

WMR
09-23-2007, 01:34 AM
Ahh that's right, I remember that.

I thought you were calling me Guy Morriss :lol:

I've seen pics of you Krono, I think it'd take about 3 of you to make 1 Guy Morriss. ;)

GAC
09-23-2007, 06:42 AM
Gee, that worked out well.

3-3 on my predictions. ESPN won't be calling me anytime soon. ;)

What I've learned? Take the home team.... unless it's Indiana!

Unassisted was 5-1. Impressive.

MWM
09-23-2007, 10:19 AM
I know it was just Northwestern, but Ohio State looked damn impressive. Historically under Tressel, even against this type of opponent they wouldn't have left them in the dust right from the beginning of the game. If the Buckeye offense really clicks this year, they could be REALLY good. It might very well come down to the OSU - Michigan game again for the Big Ten.

Caseyfan21
09-23-2007, 12:48 PM
I know it was just Northwestern, but Ohio State looked damn impressive. Historically under Tressel, even against this type of opponent they wouldn't have left them in the dust right from the beginning of the game. If the Buckeye offense really clicks this year, they could be REALLY good. It might very well come down to the OSU - Michigan game again for the Big Ten.

The offense yesterday looked really good. They were throwing a whole lot more early in the game than usual. The Boeckman/Robiskie chemistry is really starting to click with the 3 long TD passes.

I think the Big 10 is still wide open. OSU has 2 really tough road games the next 2 weeks at night against Minnesota and Purdue. OSU has been pretty bad at night on the road the past few years so both of those should be challenging. After that they still have to play Penn State away and then Wisconsin at home before they even get to Michigan. This is always the year with the bad schedule from OSU's perspective.

Danny Serafini
09-23-2007, 01:06 PM
I've got to disagree about the schedule. Minnesota is a truly horrible team, they're Northwestern bad. That game could get out of hand early, regardless of location. Purdue isn't the easiest place to play, but the team also isn't anything special. There's no excuse not to be 8-0 heading into Penn St. That will obviously be a tough game, but watching them lay an egg against Michigan makes it look more winnable. Wisconsin is badly overranked, they've been struggling to beat weaker competition all year. It wouldn't surprise me to see 11-0 Ohio St. at 9-2 Michigan to end the year, crazy as that would've sounded two weeks ago. My biggest fear is that if Ohio St. somehow did run the table the weakness of the Big 10 this year will drag it down and keep them from the title game. It's very likely that two out of USC, LSU and Oklahoma will go undefeated, and Ohio St. won't jump them in any polls because of the weakness of their schedule.

RedFanAlways1966
09-23-2007, 01:07 PM
I really wonder sometimes what anyone gets out of Northwestern being in the Big Ten. Are they better at other sports? I know the conference is probably proud of their academics, but they just can't compete athletically. Maybe they have a miracle season every once in awhile, but they are almost always awful.

Big Ten Football Titles Since 1995
>> Includes outright titles and shared titles.
5: Ohio State & Michigan
3: Northwestern
2: Iowa & Wisconsin
1: Illinois, Penn State & Purdue
0: Indiana, Michigan State & Minnesota

Not sure you can call 3 titles in 12 years a miracle thing. They are bad right now, but not sure it is fair to say they should not be in the Big 10.

Redsfaithful
09-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Big Ten Football Titles Since 1995
>> Includes outright titles and shared titles.
5: Ohio State & Michigan
3: Northwestern
2: Iowa & Wisconsin
1: Illinois, Penn State & Purdue
0: Indiana, Michigan State & Minnesota

Not sure you can call 3 titles in 12 years a miracle thing. They are bad right now, but not sure it is fair to say they should not be in the Big 10.

Yeah, good point, I guess I must have forgotten about a couple of those.

I honestly just felt kind of sorry for them yesterday, they were as bad a team as I've seen Ohio State play in a really long time.

GAC
09-25-2007, 08:58 AM
I'll tell ya what. For anyone that is interested, I'll keep track of each participant's weekly Big Ten predictions, and we'll see who is the best at season's end. So if more want to jump in beginning with week 5 (2nd week of the Big Ten schedule) then that's fine. It's all about win percentage anyway.

So far....

Unassisted and Danny Serafini are 5-1
GAC 3-3

Please - some others jump in so I don't look so bad! ;)

texasdave
09-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Let's get this thing rolling:

Purdue 34 Notre Dame 10
Fighting Illini 27 Penn State 24
Michigan 24 Northwestern 14
Iowa 20 Indiana 10
Wisconsin 27 Michigan St. 24
Ohio State 38 Minnesota 17

Las Vegas will tremble (or maybe laugh hysterically) when they read these picks.

GAC
09-26-2007, 09:22 AM
Let's get this thing rolling:

Purdue 34 Notre Dame 10
Fighting Illini 27 Penn State 24
Michigan 24 Northwestern 14
Iowa 20 Indiana 10
Wisconsin 27 Michigan St. 24
Ohio State 38 Minnesota 17

Las Vegas will tremble (or maybe laugh hysterically) when they read these picks.

Sorry dave. I meant to get a schedule up for this week, but my 16 yr old daughter has been driving me crazy these last couple of days. She just completed driver's ed last Saturday (turned 16 ten days ago), and has been bugging us relentless to get her scheduled for her driving test. :lol:

I'll post the schedule to show who is home-away.....

Notre Dame @ Purdue
Indiana @ Iowa
Penn State @ Illinois
Michigan @ Northwestern
Michigan State @ Wisconsin
Ohio State @ Minnesota

I'm gonna have to do my crack research before I post my predictions. Of course that crack research gave me a .500 record last week. :lol:

The tough one (for me) is gonna be Michigan State at Wisconsin. I've already stretched my neck out and predicted the MS was gonna be a force in the Big 10 this year, so I'm gonna have a hard time picking them to lose to Wisconsin. But then - it's a home game for the Badgers. Other then that - just glancing at how is playing who - they rest of the picks look pretty obvious. :)

Unassisted
09-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Notre Dame @ Purdue
21-7 Purdue
I'm least confident about this one. I think ND could surprise with the upset if their defense comes together.

Indiana @ Iowa
18-10 Iowa
Ferentz needs a win. Home cooking is just the tonic to deliver it.

Penn State @ Illinois
21-7 PSU
JoePa will motivate the troops after a tough loss in Ann Arbor.

Michigan @ Northwestern
35-7 UM
Northwestern's too banged-up to pose much of an upset threat and Michigan will want to make a statement. I'm probably guessing low on Michigan's side of the scoreboard.

17-10 Badgers
Battle of the unbeatens goes to the better-prepared Badgers at home.

Ohio State @ Minnesota
62-21 Buckeyes
Minnesota scores a lot, but leads the Big Ten in PA. Buckeyes score at least 5 TDs in the first half.

BuckeyeRed27
09-26-2007, 01:08 PM
41-7 Purdue
31-27 Iowa
24-3 Penn State
49-27 Michigan
21-17 Wisco
55-13 The Ohio State University

GAC
09-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Notre Dame @ Purdue
28-13 Purdue

Indiana @ Iowa
34-21 Iowa

Penn State @ Illinois
20-9 Penn State

Michigan @ Northwestern
42-10 Michigan

I just know this game is gonna screw me (going against the home team again); but I'm going against the grain guys and picking MSU 20-16

Ohio State @ Minnesota
38-14 OSU. Even Minnesota's newly instituted spread offense is not going to make a dent in OSU's defense.

Danny Serafini
09-28-2007, 11:17 AM
Purdue 34-16
Iowa 17-9
Penn St. 21-13
Michigan 35-7
Michigan St. 23-14
Ohio St. 45-7

BuckWoody
09-28-2007, 11:43 AM
Notre Dame 13 @ Purdue 24
Indiana 17 @ Iowa 21
Penn State 20 @ Illinois 16
Michigan 41 @ Northwestern 14
Michigan State 22 @ Wisconsin 25
Ohio State 37 @ Minnesota 13

Cedric
09-29-2007, 01:44 PM
How did this happen at Michigan? I'm not one of the Buckeye fans that are in love with this stretch. It's not good for the conference. They are just a terrible team right now. One of the worst secondaries in the nation.

Down 16-7 to Northwestern at half? Ohio State would beat Michigan by 30 right now.

redsfanmia
09-29-2007, 01:55 PM
How about those Hoosiers?????????

Cedric
09-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Indiana and Illinois are turning around their programs. Purdue has a nice future also. Michigan needs a complete overhaul and so does Penn State.

Coaching is the difference in CFB and the Big Ten is severely lacking at their top tier programs. Other than Jim Tressel there isn't but maybe one coach in the SEC I wouldn't trade for any other Big Ten coach (Croom).

Money plays a big part in that, but you know how those southern schools feel about paying 3.5 million plus for a coach. It's the SEC. Just win baby.

GAC
09-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Looks like that Iowa-Indiana game is gonna get all of us. :lol:

Right now I'm 2-2 while waiting for the outcome of the Michigan State-Wisconsin and OSU-Minnesota game.

Wisconsin just scored and is up 7-0, going into the 2nd quarter.

I could end up matching my last week record of 3-3.

Spring~Fields
09-29-2007, 05:47 PM
How did this happen at Michigan? I'm not one of the Buckeye fans that are in love with this stretch. It's not good for the conference.

I agree, the Big Ten is looking like the little one and the also rans. There were guys on here last year that tried to tell me and others that the Big Ten wasn't up to their press clippings, looks like they were right.

GAC
09-29-2007, 07:11 PM
What a wild one at Wisconsin. Two head coaches who are former defensive coordinators shaking their heads at their defenses.

37-34 Badgers with under 2 minutes left and the Spartans driving.

OnBaseMachine
09-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Wisconsin barely survives again. Wow.

OnBaseMachine
09-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Unbelievable week already in college football.

No. 3 Oklahoma was stunned by a rebuilding Colorado team. #5 West Virginia lost at South Florida. #7 Texas was crushed by Kansas State. #10 Rutgers is about to lose. #11 Oregon lost a heartbraker at home vs #6 Cal. #13 Clemson lost. #21 Penn State lost again.

MWM
09-29-2007, 09:20 PM
Having watched Jake Locker a couple of times now, I'm convinced he's going to win a Heisman in the next couple of years. He's one hell of a football player. And a true freshman to boot.

OnBaseMachine
09-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Having watched Jake Locker a couple of times now, I'm convinced he's going to win a Heisman in the next couple of years. He's one hell of a football player. And a true freshman to boot.

He's a RS freshman, but I agree the kid is a star in the making. He makes a few rookie mistakes here and there but overall he's looked awesome through four games. I'd say he's defintely All-American or even Heisman material in a couple years.

MWM
09-29-2007, 11:33 PM
Geez, what a bonehead play by the Washington punt returner. Trying to be a hero.

OnBaseMachine
09-29-2007, 11:34 PM
#4 Florida loses! That's five top top ten teams that lost this week!

The new top five will probably be something like this:

1. USC
2. LSU
3. Cal
4. Ohio State
5. Wisconsin

Wisconsin doesn't really look like a top fove team but who do you put ahead of them? Kentucky? Herbstreit said Oregon would be his #5 team but I don't think you can move them up six spots after a loss, albeit against a great team.

RedFanAlways1966
09-29-2007, 11:40 PM
#4 Florida loses!

This Ohio State fan loves it! Still not over last year's championship game? Darn right. And still not over a lot of the two-bit comments from the mouths of their players after that game.

Auburn, god love 'em, knows how to play that team from Gainesville. Give the Auburn kicker a beer (or two after the timeout!).

WAR EAGLE! :thumbup:

MWM
09-29-2007, 11:42 PM
Now, if Florida beats LSU, things could get REALLY interesting for the BCS again this year. I root for utter chaos every year until the insanity of the BCS is no longer.

OnBaseMachine
09-29-2007, 11:49 PM
Now, if Florida beats LSU, things could get REALLY interesting for the BCS again this year. I root for utter chaos every year until the insanity of the BCS is no longer.

I don't there will be any undefeated teams this year. LSU is vulnerable. I think they lose to Florida next year. USC is beatable as much as I hate to admit it. I think SC will beat Cal but lose to Oregon. OSU looks good but not undefeated good IMO. Wiscy is barely beating their opponents. This is going to be a crazy year.

MWM
09-30-2007, 12:17 AM
I don't think anyone in the Pac-10 is going to beat USC. It just isn't going to happen. Both Oregon and Cal have great offenses, but they play terrible defense. I mean, watching the Cal defenders trying to tackle the Oregon offensive players on that last drive was laughable. USC plays good enough defense to slow down even Cal and Oregon. And they'll score enough to win. I like Cal and Oregon, but they won't be truly elite until they start playing some defense.

And while they're not a great team this year, the Big Ten is down enough that I think Ohio State goes into the Michigan game undefeated. If they win that game, which I don't think they will, they could very easily be playing for the National Championship. This team is eerily similar to the 2001 team. They're not that good, but they play great defense, and they've got enough weapons on offense with a QB who doesn't make a lot of mistakes, that they will be tough to beat in the conference.

Cedric
09-30-2007, 02:42 AM
I don't think anyone in the Pac-10 is going to beat USC. It just isn't going to happen. Both Oregon and Cal have great offenses, but they play terrible defense. I mean, watching the Cal defenders trying to tackle the Oregon offensive players on that last drive was laughable. USC plays good enough defense to slow down even Cal and Oregon. And they'll score enough to win. I like Cal and Oregon, but they won't be truly elite until they start playing some defense.

And while they're not a great team this year, the Big Ten is down enough that I think Ohio State goes into the Michigan game undefeated. If they win that game, which I don't think they will, they could very easily be playing for the National Championship. This team is eerily similar to the 2001 team. They're not that good, but they play great defense, and they've got enough weapons on offense with a QB who doesn't make a lot of mistakes, that they will be tough to beat in the conference.

Good analysis, IMO. I actually think this years team is much better than last years. Much more depth on defense and Anderson Russel/Kurt Coleman are the best safety tandem in the nation.

A MAJOR upgrade over Mitchell/Oneal.

OnBaseMachine
09-30-2007, 02:45 AM
USC struggles against teams with good running quarterbacks. Tonight's game at Washington and Jake Locker is a good example of that. I hate to say it but I think SC loses to Oregon for the only loss of the season. Dixon can run like the wind and he's a fine passer too. In addition to Dixon, Oregon also has a great running back in Snoop Stewart and a great WR corp. Plus the game is at Autzen Stadium, which is one of the toughest places to play in the country.

GAC
09-30-2007, 09:09 AM
Before I post the updated weekly standings, I want to say....

WHAT A CATCH BY ROBISKIE! when there was only a minute till halftime.

It's like the kid stopped and paused in mid-air to make the catch! Amazing!

texasdave 5-1 .833
Unassisted 9-3 .750
Danny Serafini 8-4 .666
BuckWoody 4-2 .666
BuckeyeRed27 4-2 .666
GAC 6-6 .500

texasdave was the winner for week #5 at 5-1.

I'm being embarassed. http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/confused009.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

KronoRed
09-30-2007, 01:57 PM
This Ohio State fan loves it! Still not over last year's championship game? Darn right. And still not over a lot of the two-bit comments from the mouths of their players after that game.

Auburn, god love 'em, knows how to play that team from Gainesville. Give the Auburn kicker a beer (or two after the timeout!).

WAR EAGLE! :thumbup:

Bitter? ;)

RedFanAlways1966
09-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Bitter? ;)

Oops... did it sound that way. Krono?!? :D Football & basketball bitter! Although the basketball thing was much easier to take since that Gator team was a favorite.

And the timeout thing (ala Oakland Raiders)... grrrrr! The NFL and NCAA needs to stop it. While it is legal... it is also two-bit IMO (not a Gator rant, all teams). Once the o-line is set, no timeouts allowed by the defense. That is the best solution. It must be stopped. Having a man kick it twice is wrong.

LoganBuck
09-30-2007, 04:09 PM
And the timeout thing (ala Oakland Raiders)... grrrrr! The NFL and NCAA needs to stop it. While it is legal... it is also two-bit IMO (not a Gator rant, all teams). Once the o-line is set, no timeouts allowed by the defense. That is the best solution. It must be stopped. Having a man kick it twice is wrong.

I think that it borders on unsportsmanlike. I don't know what can be done about, except to make a rule that when a team is set for a placekick the coach can not call timeout from the bench, the call must come from the field (covering the possibility of a fake). If they want to "ice" the kicker, that is fine, provided the call comes before the holder calls for the ball. Making the kid kick it twice is wrong.

GAC
10-02-2007, 07:42 AM
Minnesota @ Indiana

Minnesota has the worst overall defense in the Big Ten this year (526 yds/game). They are atrocious! Indiana is #2 in scoring offense (37 pts/game). Can Indiana's pass defense perform well enough vs the Gopher's passing game? Indiana is the worst penalized team in the Big Ten. But they are tied for 1st in turnover margin (+5), while the Gophers are last (-13).

I bet the majority of you will take Minnesota. But I'm going with the home team and say it's a high scoring affair.

Indiana 38-34

Wisconsin @ Illinois

Illinois leads the league in rushing offense; but they can't pass the ball (last). I really haven't been impressed with the Badgers at all. Impressive win by Illinois over Penn State. I don't know, looking at Penn State this year, if I'd deem that an upset. And Illinois suffered a narrow loss earlier in the year to Missouri.

23-17 Illinois

Eastern Michigan @ Michigan

I can't believe that Northwestern was actually leading the Wolverines at halftime last week. This Michigan team has me perplexed after such high hopes for them coming into this season. They have been consistently inconsistent. A "sleeping giant" who is gonna get it together?

41-10 Michigan

Northwestern @ Michigan State

Ho-hum.

34-6 Michigan State

Iowa @ Penn State

Two good defenses vs two ho-hum offenses. Neither team runs the ball well. Iowa is terrible once they get into the redzone. Whose scoring defense is gonna win this game for them? Iowa is +5 in the turnover margin, while The Lions are -1. But Penn State is the least penalized team in the Big Ten so far.

17-13 Penn State

Ohio State @ Purdue

OK.Kirk Herbstreit says this is one OSU will lose. While OSU's schedule, other than Washington, hasn't impressed me, Purdue has played the likes of such giants as Toledo, Eastern Illinois, Central Michigan, and Notre Dame. So the fact that they lead the Big Ten in scoring and passing offense means little to me at this point.

They are facing the #1 pass, rushing, and redzone defense in OSU, while their defense is pretty poor.

38-23 Ohio State

Unassisted
10-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Minnesota @ Indiana

Neither is good. Indiana is worse.
28-14 Gophers

Wisconsin @ Illinois Wisconsin won't run the table in October, but Champaign-Urbana won't be where they stumble.
35-10 Badgers

Eastern Michigan @ Michigan

No way does Michigan have trouble with a 2-3 team from the MAC. Eagles go home with a humbling loss and a big payday from the big house.
45-7 Wolverines

Northwestern @ Michigan State Playing Northwestern can be a real confidence booster. And yet, I don't see this one as a laugher.
21-17 Sparty

Iowa @ Penn State PSU's offense and home crowd makes the difference.
35-14 Lions of Nittany

Ohio State @ Purdue
Last time these two met in West Lafayette didn't turn out well for the Buckeyes. Tressel won't let them forget.
45-21 Buckeyes

texasdave
10-02-2007, 10:19 AM
Minnesota @ Indiana - Hoosiers 31 Golden Gophers 27

Wisconsin @ Illinois - Badgers 20 Fightin' Illini 17

Eastern Michigan @ Michigan - Wolverines 30 Emus 10

Northwestern @ Michigan State - Spartans 38 Wildcats 13

Iowa @ Penn State - Nittany Lions 23 Iowa 16

Ohio State @ Purdue - Buckeyes 27 Boilermakers 24

One of these games goes into OT. I think it is Iowa/Penn State.

Danny Serafini
10-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Indiana 34-14
Illinois 24-20
Michigan 38-10
Michigan St. 30-17
Penn St. 17-7
Ohio St. 31-13

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
10-02-2007, 10:36 AM
I think that it borders on unsportsmanlike. I don't know what can be done about, except to make a rule that when a team is set for a placekick the coach can not call timeout from the bench, the call must come from the field (covering the possibility of a fake). If they want to "ice" the kicker, that is fine, provided the call comes before the holder calls for the ball. Making the kid kick it twice is wrong.
I agree big time, this is the second time it has happened in the nfl this year and both times it has cost a game. I think it's a shame, the Browns would be tied for first place right now if Oakland were out of time outs, and thats no way for a game to be decided. I always felt that it was stupid to ice the kicker because it never worked, but if your going to make a kicker kick a fifty yard field goal twice then it greatly increases the odds of him missing one of them. I will say that it could work out the other way, with the kicker missing the first attempt and making the second but thats just as bad.

Strikes Out Looking
10-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Ok, I'm in.

Indiana 34 Minnesota 20 -- I am a Hoosier alum, and I desperately want them to get to 6 wins and become bowl eligible. I think this is the year, I just wish Coach Hep was around to see it.

Wisconsin 27 Illinois 24 -- It'll be close but the cheeseheads will eak it out.

Michigan 30 Eastern Michigan 3 -- who scheduled this game? By the way, Michigan is the most overrated academic school in the country.

Michigan State 17 Northwestern 13

Penn State 31 Iowa 10. Iowa is terrible.

Ohio State 38 Purdue 17. I went to Indiana--I always pick against Purdue.

BuckeyeRed27
10-02-2007, 10:45 PM
Indiana 38 Minnesota 21
Wisconsin 28 Illiniois 27
Michigan 1 EMU 0
MSU 37 NW 10
Penn St 23 Iowa 14
Ohio State 27 Purdue 9

WVPacman
10-02-2007, 11:56 PM
Sorry OSU fans but GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOILERMAKERS!!!!

31-24 Pudue

Don't worry im hardly ever right.;)

Playadlc
10-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Indiana 42
Minnesota 21

Illinois 21
Wisconsin 20

MSU 27
NU 19

PSU 23
Iowa 14

Ohio St. 30
Purdue 23

Michigan 30
EMU 7

BuckWoody
10-05-2007, 08:55 AM
My WAGs are as follows:

Minnesota 27 @ Indiana 31

Wisconsin 24 @ Illinois 13

Eastern Michigan 13 @ Michigan 31

Northwestern 16 @ Michigan State 28

Iowa 12 @ Penn State 17

Ohio State 27 @ Purdue 20

Go Bucks!

GAC
10-06-2007, 02:38 PM
I am thoroughly impressed with the Illinois RB Mendenhall (13 carries for 113 yds -end of the 3rd). I thought Illinois was going to walk away with this one the way it was going, but the Badgers have shown life. 24 -19 Illinois so far.

And what is going on with Northwestern all of a sudden? Played Michigan tough last week, and was leading MSU. MSU just scored the tying TD, so it's 27-27 at the end of the 3rd.

And Indiana putting the big hurt on the Gophers 33-14 going into the 4th.

KronoRed
10-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Fear the Zooker

MaineRed
10-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Wisconsin is the worst tackling team I've seen in awhile. They made Illinois look better than they are, IMO.

The Big Ten, unless Purdue can prove otherwise tonight looks like a one team league. Illinois is on the rise but I would hardly say they've arrived.

GAC
10-06-2007, 07:31 PM
The Big Ten, unless Purdue can prove otherwise tonight looks like a one team league. Illinois is on the rise but I would hardly say they've arrived.

I think the way Northwestern has played their opponents the last two weeks has shown that. That NW'rn -MSU game was a joke. Bacher throws for a school record 521 yds and 5 TDs. 1092 total offensive yards in that game.

I've come to the conclusion that Iowa is just downright terrible. I thought PSU's defense would play stingy.

And I never thought Wisconsin should have been ranked #5. Someone was being very generous to the Badgers IMO. And I think Illinois is legit. Could be an interesting game on 11/10 in Columbus.

But I think OSU's defense tonight is gonna show how much of a pretender Purdue's offense is. ;)

MaineRed
10-06-2007, 10:33 PM
GAC, you really think Illinois will have much more luck than Purdue is against OSU? 20-0 Buckeyes at this point. The defense looks as good as they've ever had.

I think the more interesting game will be Illinois hosting Michigan. Seems like an easy IU win on paper but you know how these things can go. The Illini get by Big Blue and then it does set up a potential Big Ten championship game in Columbus. Hard to see Iowa, Northwestern or Minnesota beating Illinois.

GAC
10-07-2007, 06:50 AM
Standings going into this week were.....

texasdave 5-1 .833
Unassisted 9-3 .750
Danny Serafini 8-4 .666
BuckWoody 4-2 .666
BuckeyeRed27 4-2 .666
GAC 6-6 .500

and here is how the following did in week #6.....

And I must add that I am off the Michigan State bandwagon. :lol:

Any defense that makes the NW'rn offense look that good - thought I was watching a replay of the Bengals-Browns game (just different colored uni's) - is really bad! They couldn't have stopped NW'rns cheerleaders, no matter how ugly they may have been, from scoring.

Danny Serafini 5-1
GAC 5-1
Playadlc 5-1

note: that MSU game got us all!

texas dave 4-2
Strikes Out Looking 4-2
BuckeyeRed27 4-2

Unassisted 3-3
BuckWoody 2-4

Overall Record

WIN-LOSS WIN %

Playadlc 5-1 .833
texasdave 9-3 .750
Danny Serafini 13-5 .722
Unassisted 12-6 .666
BuckeyeRed27 8-4 .666
Strikes Out Looking 4-2 .666
GAC 11-7 .611
BuckWoody 6-6 .500

GAC
10-07-2007, 06:59 AM
WEEK #7.....

Kent State @ Ohio State
Minnesota @ Northwestern
Purdue @ Michigan
Illinois @ Iowa
Wisconsin @ Penn State
Indiana @ Michigan State

What game is gonna keep anyone from going 6-0 next week? I'll say that Minnesota @ Northwestern game. ;)

Unassisted
10-07-2007, 11:18 AM
WEEK #7.....

Kent State @ Ohio State
KSU is 1-2 in the MAC and 3-3 overall. Enjoy your big payday, Golden Flashes.
42-0 Buckeyes

Minnesota @ Northwestern
21-10 Northwestern

Purdue @ Michigan
35-14 Michigan

Illinois @ Iowa
28-0 Illinois

Wisconsin @ Penn State
This is the only game I expected the Badgers to lose in October. Thanks for the curveball last week, Bucky.
31-24 Penn State

Indiana @ Michigan State
21-7 Hoosiers

Playadlc
10-08-2007, 03:19 AM
Ohio State 44
KSU 3

Northwestern 37
Minnesota 30

Michigan 21
Purdue 19

Illinois 24
Iowa 13

Penn State 27
Wisconsin 21

Indiana 38
Michigan State 28

GAC
10-08-2007, 06:29 AM
GAC, you really think Illinois will have much more luck than Purdue is against OSU? 20-0 Buckeyes at this point. The defense looks as good as they've ever had.

Probably not. OSU has a more balanced attack, while Illinois' passing game is very lacking. At QB, Boeckman is #1, while Juice Williams is dead last. Right now, Illinois has the #1 rushing offense in the Big Ten. OSU has the #1 rushing defense (Illinois is #3). All I'm saying is that of all the teams in the Big Ten, they could be a test of OSU's defense. Especially with stopping the run. That Mendenhall impresses the heck out me. He is 5th in the nation in rushing yards, and 3rd in Scoring (72 pts)(that leads the Big Ten).

I think the more interesting game will be Illinois hosting Michigan. Seems like an easy IU win on paper but you know how these things can go.

Could very well be. Michigan has a hard time stopping the run. Mike Hart leads the nation in rushing yardage (976), so it will be a test of how good the Illinois run defense is.

I don't think it will be a high scoring affair since neither Illinois or Michigan can get their QB/passing games going and rely more on their run attack.

Strikes Out Looking
10-08-2007, 08:39 AM
Ohio State 42 Kent State 3
Northwestern 24 Minnesota 21
Michigan 17 Purdue 14
Illiniois 31 Iowa 15
Wisconsin 24 Penn State 23
Indiana 32 Michigan State 27-IU becomes bowl eligible, I beg my wife to let me begin planning my trip.

texasdave
10-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Kent State @ Ohio State - Ohio State 38 Kent State 6
Minnesota @ Northwestern - Northwestern 31 Minnesota 27
Purdue @ Michigan - Purdue 24 Michigan 23
Illinois @ Iowa - Illinois 34 Iowa 13
Wisconsin @ Penn State Wisconsin 24 Penn State 23
Indiana @ Michigan State Michigan State 38 Indiana 31

Danny Serafini
10-11-2007, 10:44 AM
This is one craptacular slate of Big 10 games this week.

Ohio St. 51-2 (OSU struggles to convert extra points, so I'll predict KSU blocks one and returns it for a safety.)
Northwestern 33-24
Michigan 21-20
Illinois 35-17
Penn St. 17-13
Indiana 34-27

Sure are a lot of coin flips on this week's schedule.

IowaRed
10-11-2007, 10:56 AM
OSU 31 Kent St. 10
Northwestern 45 Minnesota 20
Michigan 20 Purdue 13
Illinois 23 Iowa 9
Wisconsin 17 Penn St. 10
Michigan St 27 Indiana 24

BuckeyeRed27
10-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Ohio State 41 Kent State 0
Minnesota 45 Northwestern 38
Purdue 33 Michigan 24
Illinois 39 Iowa 13
Wisco 21 Penn State 17
MSU 51 Indiana 38

GAC
10-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Kent State @ Ohio State

Tressell will not intentionally run up the score against an intra-state team. But even when he puts his 2nd and 3rd stringers in it'll be...

41-3 OSU

Minnesota @ Northwestern

38-28 Northwestern

Purdue @ Michigan

24-14 Michigan

Illinois @ Iowa

31-20 Illinois

Wisconsin @ Penn State

Penn State 17-13

Indiana @ Michigan State

34-21 Indiana

Cedric
10-12-2007, 01:14 AM
45-10 OSU

Minnesota @ Northwestern

31-28 Northwestern

Purdue @ Michigan

28-20 Purdue

Illinois @ Iowa

38-21 Illinois

Wisconsin @ Penn State

Wisconsin 21-13

Indiana @ Michigan State

24-20 Mich State

Hoosier Red
10-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Kent State @ Ohio State
Ohio State wins 38-6

Minnesota @ Northwestern
Minnesota wins 34-31

Purdue @ Michigan
Michigan wins 28-24

Illinois @ Iowa
Illinois wins 41-10

Wisconsin @ Penn State
Wisconsin win 24-14

Indiana @ Michigan State
Indiana wins 41-35

GAC
10-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Well....that Iowa-Illinois game got us all. :lol:

Too bad about that illegal receiver call vs Illinois late in the 4th quarter on that McGee TD pass. And too bad Zook didn't realize earlier that Juice Williams ain't the QB to lead this team. The guy was missing his receivers all day (two obvious TD passes). I give credit to Iowa's defense; but Juice Newton could do a better job QBing this team then Juice Williams. He makes the Illini a one dimensional team.

The N'western-Minnesota game was a humdinger. N'western pulls it out 49-48, with 27 pts being scored in O.T. Bacher passes for 470 yds. Ouch!

KronoRed
10-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Typical Zook, beat a team nobody expects him too then turn around and stink it up againest a team that he shouldn't.

GAC
10-14-2007, 06:02 AM
Another week of no one going 6-0 on their picks. The best any of us did (and there was 5 of us) was 4-2. The two games that got most of us were the Illinois-Iowa game, and the Indiana-MSU game. Some of you picked Purdue to beat Michigan.

4-2

Unassisted, Playadlc, GAC, Danny Serafini, IowaRed

3-3

Strikes Out Looking, texasdave, Cedric

2-4

Hoosier Red, BuckeyeRed27

Overall Record

WIN-LOSS WIN %

Playadlc 9-3 .750

Danny Serafini 17-7 .708

Unassisted 16-8 .666

texasdave 12-6 .666

Iowa Red 4-2 .666

GAC 15-9 .626

Strikes Out Looking 7-5 .583

BuckeyeRed27 10-8 .555

BuckWoody 6-6 .500

Cedric 3-3 .500

Hoosier Red 2-4 .333

GAC
10-16-2007, 08:59 AM
This week's Big Ten schedule......

Northwestern @ Eastern Michigan
North Dakota State at Minnesota
Penn State @ Indiana
Northern Illinois @ Wisconsin
Iowa at Purdue
Michigan State @ Ohio State
Michigan @ Illinois

Unassisted
10-16-2007, 09:23 AM
Northwestern has its problems, but enough offense to get past a 2-5 MAC team isn't one of them.
NU 35-10

Despite the conference mismatch on the road, this might not be an upset pick. NDSU is 6-0 and Minnesota is 1-6.
Bisons 28-24

Penn State @ Indiana
Who would have guessed these two would have identical records after 7 games? Lions are favored, but I'll go with the home team.
Hoosiers 27-21

No way the Badgers lose to a 1-6 team from the MAC.
Badgers 35-10

Iowa at Purdue
Should be close, but Purdue will prevail.
Purdue 21-14

Shouldn't be close at all.
OSU 42-7

Michigan @ Illinois
I like Michigan's chances more than the oddsmakers do.
Mich 28-10

IowaRed
10-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Northwestern 45 Eastern Michigan 27
Minnesota 48 North Dakota State 21
Penn State 24 Indiana 20
Wisconsin 38 Northern Illinois 7
Purdue 27 Iowa 17
Ohio St 38 Michigan St 16
Michigan 24 Illinois 13

Strikes Out Looking
10-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Northwestern 24 Eastern Michigan 21
Minnesota 17 North Dakota State 16
Indiana 24 Penn State 23
Wisconsin 27 Northern Illinois 17
Purdue 17 Iowa 10
Ohio State 43 Michigan State 23
Illiniois 23 Michigan 20

Three non-conference games smack in the middle of the Big 10 season. Same geniuses who thought up the interleague play schedule in baseball must be operating here. Next, you'll tell me the winner of the Big 10 doesn't go to the Rose Bowl.

GAC
10-16-2007, 08:46 PM
What a laugher of a schedule this week :lol:

Northwestern 38-17

Minnesota is bad; but I'm still going with them (sorry Unassisted, you almost swayed me) ;)

Minnesota 38-27

Penn State @ Indiana

As much as I've been impressed with Indiana, and they are at home, I'm having a hard time going against Paterno

Penn State 24-17

Wisconsin 31-16

Iowa at Purdue

Going with the home team!

Purdue 28-21

Ohio State 45-17

Michigan @ Illinois

The battle between two of the top RBs in the nation in Hart and Mendenhall. It really depends on who Illinois starts at the QB position. I'd start McGee over Williams.... but I'm not Zook. ;)

Michigan 21-10

Unassisted
10-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Minnesota is bad; but I'm still going with them (sorry Unassisted, you almost swayed me) ;)
If everyone picked 'em the same, it would be hard to compete. :D

Playadlc
10-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Northwestern 40
EMU 21

Minnesota 42
North Dakota State 6

Purdue 27
Iowa 21

Penn State 28
Indiana 24

Wisconsin 32
Northern Ill. 16

Ohio State 31
MSU 17

Michigan 24
Illinois 17

Danny Serafini
10-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Northwestern 34-14
Minnesota 16-10
Penn State 17-9
Wisconsin 24-13
Purdue 24-10
Ohio State 38-13
Illinois 24-21

I sooooooo wanted to take NDSU but couldn't quite pull the trigger.

BuckeyeRed27
10-18-2007, 04:13 PM
NW 41 EMU 28
Minny 24 NDSU 21
Purdue 31 Iowa 13
PSU 28 IU 17
Wisco 42 NIU 14
OSU 31 MSU 7
Michigan 17 Illinois 13

Cedric
10-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Ringer will be the best running back on the field and he has something to prove. He alone can do some magical things even without a line. Don't be shocked if he helps keep it close for awhile.

texasdave
10-19-2007, 09:02 AM
NW 34 EMU 27
Minnesota 38 NDSU 17
Purdue 17 Iowa 13
IU 25 Penn ST 21
Wisco 40 NIU 20
OSU 38 MSU 17
Michigan 30 Illinois 16

BuckWoody
10-19-2007, 09:21 AM
Northwestern 41 @ Eastern Michigan 21
North Dakota State 32 @ Minnesota 27 (Why not?)
Penn State 17 @ Indiana 20 (Son of why not...it's a classic tweener game.)
Northern Illinois 6 @ Wisconsin 38
Iowa 14 @ Purdue 27
Michigan State 13 @ Ohio State 26
Michigan 31 @ Illinois 12

I was on vacation last week so I didn't get to post my picks. I had them all correct though...go ahead and mark that down for me. ;)

texasdave
10-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Northwestern 41 @ Eastern Michigan 21
North Dakota State 32 @ Minnesota 27 (Why not?)
Penn State 17 @ Indiana 20 (Son of why not...it's a classic tweener game.)
Northern Illinois 6 @ Wisconsin 38
Iowa 14 @ Purdue 27
Michigan State 13 @ Ohio State 26
Michigan 31 @ Illinois 12

I was on vacation last week so I didn't get to post my picks. I had them all correct though...go ahead and mark that down for me. ;)

I'll vouch for BuckWoody on this one. (Provided he vouches for me next week) =)

GAC
10-21-2007, 05:51 AM
I really have a choice word for Unassisted this morning (after that N. Dakota win). :lol:

This week's tally...

Unassisted 6-1
IowaRed 6-1
GAC 6-1
Playadlc 6-1
BuckeyeRed27 6-1
BuckWoody 6-1
texadave 5-2
Danny Serafini 5-2
Strikes Out Looking 4-3

Updated Standings....

WIN-LOSS WIN %

Playadlc 15-4 .789

Iowa Red 10-3 .769

BuckeyeRed27 16-6 .727

Danny Serafini 22-9 .709

Unassisted 22-9 .709

texasdave 17-8 .680

GAC 21-10 .677

BuckWoody 12-7 .631

Strikes Out Looking 11-8 .578

Cedric 3-3 .500

Hoosier Red 2-4 .333

Unassisted
10-21-2007, 10:16 AM
I really have a choice word for Unassisted this morning (after that N. Dakota win). :lol:
I got that one, but you (and Playadlc) figured out that Michigan State would score 17 on the Buckeyes. I didn't see that coming.

GAC
10-23-2007, 09:03 PM
This week's lineup.....

Ball State @ Illinois

Northwestern @ Purdue

Indiana @ Wisconsin

Ohio State @ Penn State

Michigan State @ Iowa

Minnesota @ Michigan

GAC
10-23-2007, 09:27 PM
My picks....

Ball State @ Illinois

Illinois 41-14

Northwestern @ Purdue

Purdue 38-34

Indiana @ Wisconsin

Going with the home team baby!

Wisconsin 27-24

Ohio State @ Penn State

The top two in total defense in the Big 10 (pass, run, scoring). We know how good OSU's is. I don't think PSU's is no slouch either, but not on par with OSU's. On paper, these are two very evenly matched teams. Even in the turnover margin they are both at 0, and it could come down to turnovers.

23-16 OSU

Michigan State @ Iowa

MSU has burned me a few times earlier in the schedule; but there is no way I can go against them vs Iowa's anemic offense. MSU's Ringer, Thomas, and Caulcrick will prove too much for Iowa

MSU 38-21

Minnesota @ Michigan

Michigan 31-21

IowaRed
10-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Illinois 38 Ball St. 13
Purdue 47 Northwestern 23
Wisconsin 44 Indiana 37
Ohio State 17 Penn State 13
Michigan State 20 Iowa 16
Michigan 41 Minnesota 10

Cedric
10-23-2007, 11:05 PM
Ball State @ Illinois- 31-14 Illnois

Northwestern @ Purdue- 38-35 Northwestern

Indiana @ Wisconsin- 34-17 Wisconsin

Ohio State @ Penn State- 24-13 Ohio State

Michigan State @ Iowa- 31-21 Mich State

Minnesota @ Michigan 38- 7 Michigan

Unassisted
10-24-2007, 12:09 AM
Ball State @ Illinois, 28-21 Illini
These non-conference foes are tricky, so I'm sorely tempted to go the other way on this one.

Northwestern @ Purdue, 35-21 Boilerbuddies
Neither's good, but Purdue is better.

Indiana @ Wisconsin, 42-21 Badgers
Badgers should have no problem this week.

Ohio State @ Penn State, 21-10 Buckeyes
PSU's defense scores their only TD.

Michigan State @ Iowa, 31-14 Sparty
MSU's too good not to rebound well here.

Minnesota @ Michigan, 45-0 Michigan
I lost all respect for Minnesota after they came through for me with last week's home loss.

Bonus prediction: If I'm wrong with any of these winner picks, the first pick was the only one I got wrong. :D

bucksfan2
10-24-2007, 10:40 AM
As a buckeye fan this PSU games scares me a little bit. Being completly honest this PSU team isn't that good of a football team. They are probably a 20-25 team in the country. They have a good defense but also have a QB who hasn't developed over his career at PSU. They don't have any real standout offensive players. They always seem to play OSU tough, especially at PSU. This game reminds me a lot of the game 2 years ago when OSU went into PSU and lost in an ugly game. I think this is a slug fest. An old fashion big 10 game with OSU focusing on running the ball. If Boeckman doesn't make any big mistakes OSU wins this game. A int is ok as long as it isn't a pick 6. He needs to hold onto the ball and play Tressel ball and you will see OSU win. If OSU gets a lead of more than a TD early this game may as well be over.

I see a 22-9 style game.

Danny Serafini
10-24-2007, 10:51 AM
It's going to be hard to make up any ground this week.

Illinois 37-3
Purdue 38-24
Wisconsin 24-17
Ohio State 21-10
Michigan State 23-13
Michigan 41-14

BuckeyeRed27
10-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Illini 38-14
Purdue 52-37
Wisco 28-24
OSU 21-6
MSU 42-28
Michigan 35-7

Strikes Out Looking
10-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Illinois 45 Ball State 6
Purdue 38 Northwestern 17
Wisconsin 24 Indiana 13
Ohio State 23 Penn State 20
Michigan State 34 Iowa 21
Michigan 42 Minnesota 3

GAC
10-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Penn State gave up 31 points to Indiana last week; but more importantly, in the process, suffered some key injuries that are taking key players away from Penn State at the wrong time. Sophomore Jared Odrick, a starter at defensive tackle in all eight games, broke his right ankle against Indiana and is out for the year. So is fullback Matt Hahn, who tore his ACL in the 36-31 win over the Hoosiers. Odrick and Hahn join defensive end Jerome Hayes, who tore his ACL the week prior against Wisconsin, and is out for the year. True freshman Stefen Wisniewski will likely start again at right guard for junior Mike Lucian, who missed the Indiana game with a concussion. Coach Joe Paterno said Monday that Lucian probably won't play against Ohio State. And add to that the suspension of tailback Austin Scott.

Morelli, who hasn't had a very good year, is going to have to have his best game to win this one IMO. But it could end up being a wider margin of victory for the Buckeyes. PSU's offense is struggling. And I don't see them putting up much vs OSU.....................................

unless the Buckeyes commit some crucial turnovers. ;)

Cedric
10-25-2007, 04:53 PM
I'm surprised people are all over Purdue. They have been playing absolutely terrible and Northwestern hasn't.

I just don't see it. Could happen though.

BuckeyeRed27
10-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Penn State gave up 31 points to Indiana last week; but more importantly, in the process, suffered some key injuries that are taking key players away from Penn State at the wrong time. Sophomore Jared Odrick, a starter at defensive tackle in all eight games, broke his right ankle against Indiana and is out for the year. So is fullback Matt Hahn, who tore his ACL in the 36-31 win over the Hoosiers. Odrick and Hahn join defensive end Jerome Hayes, who tore his ACL the week prior against Wisconsin, and is out for the year. True freshman Stefen Wisniewski will likely start again at right guard for junior Mike Lucian, who missed the Indiana game with a concussion. Coach Joe Paterno said Monday that Lucian probably won't play against Ohio State. And add to that the suspension of tailback Austin Scott.

Morelli, who hasn't had a very good year, is going to have to have his best game to win this one IMO. But it could end up being a wider margin of victory for the Buckeyes. PSU's offense is struggling. And I don't see them putting up much vs OSU.....................................

unless the Buckeyes commit some crucial turnovers. ;)

Yeah I just don't see Penn State really staying in this one if OSU hangs on to the ball. I think everyone is giving Penn State a bigger chance than they have because of the 2005 game. Well this PeeSU team is not nearly as good as that PeeSU team. The rain will help keep the score down, but OSU is a lot better on both sides of the ball.

BuckWoody
10-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Ball State 20 @ Illinois 38
Northwestern 31 @ Purdue 30
Indiana 14 @ Wisconsin 23
Ohio State 21 @ Penn State 16
Michigan State 24 @ Iowa 17
Minnesota 10 @ Michigan 35

Surprised to see so many confident in the Buckeyes at Happy Valley. I'm nervous...very nervous. If the Bucks start off shaky, maybe have a big turnover, things could snowball quickly. Hopefully the D can keep Morelli from playing above his head and the O can play a solid, mistake-free game. That should equal a "W".

texasdave
10-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Illinois 41 Ball State 7
Purdue 38 Northwestern 27
Wisconsin 24 Indiana
Ohio State 20 @ Penn State 16
Michigan State 34 @ Iowa 13
Michigan 45 Minnesota 17

Unassisted
10-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Surprised to see so many confident in the Buckeyes at Happy Valley. I'm nervous...very nervous. If the Bucks start off shaky, maybe have a big turnover, things could snowball quickly. Hopefully the D can keep Morelli from playing above his head and the O can play a solid, mistake-free game. That should equal a "W".
I was not impressed with how PSU looked against Michigan at Ann Arbor in week 4. There were mistakes on both side of the ball and that game was not as close as the 14-9 score indicated.

That and the fact that the game has largely passed JoePa by are what keeps me from worrying.

Playadlc
10-27-2007, 05:13 AM
Illinois 38
Ball State 21
Nate Davis (BSU QB) keeps this one respectable.

Purdue 35
Northwestern 26
Even though the Wildcats won @ MSU, they are still a bad football team.

Wisconsin 30
Indiana 27
Indiana is so close. I think this game can go either way. An Indiana win would do wonders for the program.

Ohio State 24
PSU 14
OSU has the best defense I have ever seen.

Iowa 24
Michigan State 21
As bad as Iowa is, they still stuff the run. If they can beat the Illini at home, they can beat MSU as well.

Michigan 42
Minnesota 21
Minnesota might have the worst defense in the country.

GAC
10-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Looks like that Michigan State-Iowa game got all of us except one.

"Every time I think I'm out they pull me back in again!" :lol:

If MSU plays all-girl high school teams the rest of the way, I'm sidin' with the broads!

GAC
10-28-2007, 05:52 AM
Wisconsin 33, Indiana 3
Iowa 34, Michigan State 27 (everyone burned but Playadlc)
Purdue 35, Northwestern 17
Illinois 28, Ball State 17
Michigan 34, Minnesota 14
Ohio State 37, Penn State 17

How everyone faired this week....

Playadlc went 6-0!

Everyone else went 5-1 except stubborn ol' Cedric who just couldn't see Purdue beating Northwestern....

I'm surprised people are all over Purdue. They have been playing absolutely terrible and Northwestern hasn't.

I just don't see it. Could happen though.

It did Cedric. ;) But I have to admit that that game was kind of a toss-up for me too.

Updated standings.....

WIN-LOSS WIN %

Playadlc 21-4 .840

Iowa Red 15-4 .789

BuckeyeRed27 21-7 .750

Danny Serafini 27-10 .729

Unassisted 27-10 .729

texasdave 22-9 .709

GAC 26-11 .702

BuckWoody 17-8 .680

Strikes Out Looking 16-9 .640

Cedric 7-5 .580

Hoosier Red 2-4 .333

Next week.....

Illinois @ Minnesota
Michigan @ Michigan State
Purdue @ Penn State
Ball State @ Indiana
Wisconsin @ Ohio State
Iowa @ Northwestern

There are some good contests there that could go either way IMHO.

BuckWoody
10-28-2007, 10:52 AM
I was not impressed with how PSU looked against Michigan at Ann Arbor in week 4. There were mistakes on both side of the ball and that game was not as close as the 14-9 score indicated.

That and the fact that the game has largely passed JoePa by are what keeps me from worrying.
It's good to be wrong, in my case. Now I have a whole week to get myself all worked up and worried about Wisconsin. I have confidence that I can do it.

I also really appreciate threads like this where I get to realize how bad I am at picking games...it keeps me from doing something really stupid like actually betting money on these things. :)

Unassisted
10-28-2007, 11:00 AM
I also really appreciate threads like this where I get to realize how bad I am at picking games...it keeps me from doing something really stupid like actually betting money on these things. :)

Picking for bragging rights is good enough for me too, even when my picks aren't brag-worthy. :thumbup:

One of the things I'm struck by this year is how frustrating it must be to be a fan of the teams in the middle, like MSU, when they don't win the games that it looks like they should win.

texasdave
11-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Ohio State 27 Wisconsin 13
Michigan 20 Michigan State 17
Indiana 38 Ball State 24
Iowa 28 Northwestern 27
Illinois 38 Minnesota 31
Purdue 24 Penn State 20

IowaRed
11-01-2007, 09:37 AM
Ohio St. 24 Wisconsin 19
Michigan 34 Michigan St. 13
Indiana 27 Ball St. 16
Northwestern 34 Iowa 27
Illinois 24 Minnesota 10
Penn St. 28 Purdue 20

Unassisted
11-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Illinois 31 Minnesota 0
Michigan 28 Michigan State 21
Purdue 20 Penn State 21
Ball State 14 Indiana 10
Wisconsin 10 Ohio State 34
Iowa 21 Northwestern 24

Danny Serafini
11-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Illinois 27-10
Michigan 31-13
Penn St. 24-14
Indiana 27-13
Ohio St. 31-10
Northwestern 34-31

BuckeyeRed27
11-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Illinois 34 Minnesota 17
Michigan State 31 Michigan 28
Penn State 34 Purdue 21
Indiana 44 Ball State 28
OSU 28 Wisco 10
Iowa 31 NW 21

GAC
11-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Ohio State 31 Wisconsin 13

Michigan 28 Michigan State 17

Indiana 38 Ball State 30

I really want to take Ball State ;)

Northwestern 31 Iowa 27

Illinois 41 Minnesota 34

Gee - the worst passing offense (Illinois) vs the worst passing defense (Minnesota). The Gophers can't stop the run either. Mendenhall should have a good game. But Minnesota's pass defense can't help Juice Williams.

Penn State 21 Purdue 17

Strikes Out Looking
11-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Illinois 43 Minnesota 3
Michigan 20 Michigan State 17
Penn State 34 Purdue 27
Indiana 27 Ball State 17
Ohio State 30 Wisconsin 17
Northwestern 27 Iowa 20

Cedric
11-02-2007, 01:51 AM
Ohio State 31 Wisconsin 16
Northwestern 17 Iowa 28
Illinois 34 Minnesota 13
Michigan 31 Michigan State 23
Penn State 21 Purdue 10
Indiana 35 Ball State 14

BuckWoody
11-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Wisconsin 9 at Ohio State 31
Iowa 21 at Northwestern 24
Ball State 10 at Indiana 28
Purdue 20 at Penn State 24
Michigan 27 at Michigan State 17
Illinois 34 at Minnesota 26

Playadlc
11-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Ohio State 27
Wisconsin 13

Iowa 28
Nothwestern 24

Indiana 37
Ball State 24

Penn St. 30
Purdue 21

Michigan 24
Michigan St. 13

Minnesota 24
Illinois 23

Reds Fanatic
11-03-2007, 01:25 PM
At the half Buckeyes are in a battle up 10-3 on Wisconsin. Defense has been solid as usual with 5 sacks in the first half.

Reds Fanatic
11-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Wisconsin starts the 2nd half with a 92 yard drive and are now tied with Ohio State 10-10.

texasdave
11-03-2007, 02:40 PM
I thought I would do an aggregate pick for the group. Let's see how the group would do as a whole.

Ohio St 29
Wisc 13

Mich 27
Mich St 18

Indiana 31
Ball St 19

Reds Fanatic
11-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Buckeyes have really comeback. Were down 17-10 in the 3rd quarter and are now up 31-17 with about 11 minutes left.

Chip R
11-03-2007, 02:51 PM
I've only seen the last 10 minutes of this game but I'm impressed by OSU. Down by 7 and came back with 21 unanswered points against a decent Wisconsin team.

Reds Fanatic
11-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Beanie Wells just took over the game from about midway through the 3rd quarter. He has 167 yards and 3 TDs. OSU is now up 38-17 and have scored 28 straight points.

MWM
11-03-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm not sure why the Buckeyes weren't running the ball the whole game. They came out passing, but you can only ride that horse for so long. It's no coincidence that once they went back to running, they took back over the game.

We did learn something about them this week. After Wisconsin took the lead and OSU followed with a very uninspired 3 and out, I honestly said to myself, "OMG, they're really going to lose this game." It was 1998 Michigan State all over again. They came out early having no problem with them, then just started playing without any passion. Once you turn it off, it's incredibly difficult to turn it back on. The 3 and out after Wisconsin's TD is what really scared me. But the defense forced a 3 and out after that followed by the O-Line and Chris Wells taking over. Had they done that from the beginning, it might not have been that close.

But we did learn that this team can respond to adversity. That's important.

GAC
11-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I don't understand why they weren't running the ball more in that 1st half. Boeckamn has shown himself to be a solid QB this year; but a successful passing attack flows from being able to run the ball, and even Tressel knows this. I don't know what they were doing.

Michigan got a nice scare today from MSU.

GAC
11-04-2007, 07:00 AM
Week #11 tally....

Cedric went 6-0 on his picks. The rest of us, except for Playadlc who picked the Gophers over the Hawkeyes and BuckeyeRed27 who picked MSU over Michigan, got tripped up on the Iowa-Northwestern game.

texasdave, Strikes Out Looking, BuckWoody, GAC, Playadlc, IowaRed, Danny Serafini, BuckeyeRed27 all went 5-1

Unassisted went 4-2 (daggone Ball State! :lol: )

WIN-LOSS WIN %

Playadlc 26-5 .838

Iowa Red 20-5 .800

BuckeyeRed27 26-8 .764

Danny Serafini 32-11 .744

texasdave 27-10 .729

Cedric 13-5 .722

Unassisted 31-12 .720

GAC 31-12 .720

BuckWoody 22-9 .709

Strikes Out Looking 21-10 .677

Hoosier Red 2-4 .333

Week #12 schedule.....

Indiana @ Northwestern
Minnesota @ Iowa
Michigan @ Wisconsin
Michigan State @ Purdue
Penn State vs. Temple
Illinois @ Ohio State

Cedric
11-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Week #11 tally....

Cedric went 6-0 on his picks. The rest of us, except for Playadlc who picked the Gophers over the Hawkeyes and BuckeyeRed27 who picked MSU over Michigan, got tripped up on the Iowa-Northwestern game.

texasdave, Strikes Out Looking, BuckWoody, GAC, Playadlc, IowaRed, Danny Serafini, BuckeyeRed27 all went 5-1

Unassisted went 4-2 (daggone Ball State! :lol: )

WIN-LOSS WIN %

Playadlc 26-5 .838

Iowa Red 20-5 .800

BuckeyeRed27 26-8 .764

Danny Serafini 32-11 .744

texasdave 27-10 .729

Cedric 13-5 .722

Unassisted 31-12 .720

GAC 31-12 .720

BuckWoody 22-9 .709

Strikes Out Looking 21-10 .677

Hoosier Red 2-4 .333

Week #12 schedule.....

Indiana @ Northwestern
Minnesota @ Iowa
Michigan @ Wisconsin
Michigan State @ Purdue
Penn State vs. Temple
Illinois @ Ohio State

I can brag for ONE second. My scores were pretty close also. Got the Iowa/NW game perfect score. Has that happened yet? :)

GAC
11-05-2007, 06:01 AM
I can brag for ONE second. My scores were pretty close also. Got the Iowa/NW game perfect score. Has that happened yet? :)

That I don't know. I have a hard enough time just picking who is gonna win! :lol:

I'm gonna have to do some more research looking at some of this upcoming week's matchups.

GAC
11-05-2007, 07:12 AM
Indiana @ Northwestern

Decisions, decisions here. Neither team runs the ball well. Both defenses are a couple of the worst in the Big Ten. NW'rn has the top passing offense. Hmmmmm..... home field advantage.

Northwestern 41-34

Minnesota @ Iowa

The two worst scoring offenses in the Big Ten. Neither team can stop the run or the pass. The Gophers defense is just simply terrible (538 total yds/game).

Iowa 38-31

Michigan @ Wisconsin

Two stout pass defenses. I want to take Wisconsin in this one. Especially after Michigan struggled vs MSU last week. And Henne is hurting. The Badgers are a team that leads the Big Ten in time of possession who relies on its power rushing attack. Lance Smith can play, but I don't know how healthy PJ Hill is going to be.

Even though it's a home game for the Badgers, Michigan has too much on the line.

Michigan 27-23

Michigan State @ Purdue

Michigan State played the top 2 teams in the Big Ten (OSU, Michigan) pretty stout. They've also suffered some really close losses to Iowa and Wisconsin.

But they are not suckering me in anymore. :lol:

I'm taking Purdue.

Purdue 28-24

Penn State vs. Temple

Paterno will roll!

Penn State 48-14

Illinois @ Ohio State

Earlier on I thought this might be a game. Not any more. Illinois has the #1 rushing offense thanks to Mendenhall. They are facing the #1 rushing defense in OSU.

Illinois' passing game just downright STINKS with Juice Williams and makes them a one dimensional team. Illinois pass defense is next to last. Boeckman will have a field day.

OSU 34-13

Unassisted
11-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Indiana 28 Northwestern 21
Picking against the Hoosiers was a bad idea for me last week.

Minnesota 14 Iowa 35
I don't see Iowa losing to this team at home.

Michigan 14 Wisconsin 21
Badgers will be looking to bounce back, so I'm going with the home team here.

Michigan State 21 Purdue 24
Home team takes a close one.

Penn State 35 Temple 10
Penn State is better than most MAC teams, including this one.

Illinois 7 Ohio State 42
If the Badgers couldn't deliver the road upset, Illinois can't either.

IowaRed
11-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Indiana 30 Northwestern 26
Minnesota 23 Iowa 19
Michigan 17 Wisconsin 14
Purdue 41 Mich. St. 24
Penn St. 45 Temple 13
Ohio St. 24 Illinois 10

Strikes Out Looking
11-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Indiana 35 Northwestern 34
Iowa 32 Minnesota 23
Wisconsin 24 Michigan 21
Michigan State 17 Purdue 10
Penn State 33 Temple 17
Ohio State 33 Illinois 20

GAC
11-06-2007, 08:10 AM
OK....after talking with a couple Michigan fans at work last night, who informed me that Wisconsin is gonna beat their Wolverines this Sunday (Hart is still very questionable with that high ankle sprain, and Henne is hurting)... I'm going to change my pick for that game and go with Wisconsin...... 24-20

I can't go back though and edit my post, unless one of the nice mods would do it for me. ;)

Yeah, Yeah - I probably jinxed the rest of you that already picked Wisconsin. So sue me. :lol:

BuckWoody
11-09-2007, 08:30 AM
These were tough for me to pick this week...I feel a 1-5 or 2-4 coming on. :(

Indiana 27 @ Northwestern 24
Minnesota 17 @ Iowa 20
Michigan 23 @ Wisconsin 24
Michigan State 16 @ Purdue 23
Penn State 27 @ Temple 13
Illinois 17 @ Ohio State 34

Danny Serafini
11-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Indiana 34-24
Iowa 27-17
Wisconsin 23-21
Purdue 41-28
Penn State 44-10
Ohio State 38-10

BuckeyeRed27
11-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Indiana 24 NW 17
Iowa 31 Minny 13
Wisco 21 Michigan 17
MSU 35 Purdue 31
Penn St 45 Temple 3
OSU 41 Illini 13

texasdave
11-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Indiana 34 NW 28
Iowa 24 Minne 10
Mich 20 Wisconsin 17
Purdue 30 Mich St 20
Penn St 34 Temple 3
OSU 36 Illini 13

Playadlc
11-10-2007, 04:15 AM
Indiana 33
Northwestern 26

Iowa 35
Minnesota 14

Wisconsin 24
Michigan 23

Purdue 31
MSU 28

PSU 37
Temple 10

OSU 27
Illinois 10

GAC
11-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Something new.....

Which game is gonna stick us all this week?

Indiana-Northwestern :lol:

GAC
11-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Something new.....

Which game is gonna stick us all this week?

Indiana-Northwestern :lol:

Stuck everyone but this guy named GAC. :p:

GAC
11-11-2007, 07:50 AM
This week's tally....

4-2..... GAC, BuckeyeRed27, Strikes Out Looking
3-3..... Playadlc, Danny Serafini, BuckWoody, Unassisted
2-4.... texasdave
1-5.... IowaRed

Cedric? Where were you this week buddy?

Updated Standings....

WIN-LOSS WIN %

Playadlc 29-8 .783

Iowa Red 21-6 .777

BuckeyeRed27 30-10 .750

Cedric 13-5 .722

GAC 35-14 .714

Danny Serafini 35-14 .714

BuckWoody 26-11 .702

Unassisted 34-15 .693

Strikes Out Looking 25-12 .675

texasdave 29-14 .674

Week #13 schedule.....

Ohio State @ Michigan
Penn State @ Michigan State
Northwestern @ Illinois
Wisconsin @ Minnesota
Western Michigan @ Iowa
Purdue @ Indiana

GAC
11-13-2007, 08:55 PM
Ohio State @ Michigan

OSU has to wake up! The last two weeks they were pretty lethargic on both sides of the ball. Will the Illinois loss stir this team in the right direction (or the wrong direction)?

Yeah, like I'm even entertaining of picking Michigan http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/taunt012.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

34-28 OSU

If this game was at Happy Valley it would make for an easier choice. Michigan State has proven to be such an erratic team this year.

Like opponents....

MSU gave the Bucks a game and lost 24-17. OSU handled PSU pretty handily 37-17. PSU beat Iowa pretty easily 27-7, while Iowa beat MSU 34-27. Both lost to Michigan but played them tough, and should have won. MSU beat Inidiana 52-27. Penn State squeaked by 36-31.

This game is a tossup for me. Penn State still is hurting from some injuries. It's an away game for PSU. PSU's defense is good; but I don't think they'll be able to keep MSU's offense down, and I don't think PSU's offense can keep pace.

Michigan State 31-27

Northwestern @ Illinois

Would it be deemed an upset if the Wildcats win? :lol:

Juice comes back to earth. But the Wildcats pass and rush defense still won't be able to contain Mendenhall or Williams.

Illinois 28-24

Wisconsin @ Minnesota

Ho-hum. The Gophers are really bad

Wisconsin 38-16

Western Michigan @ Iowa

With both eyes closed...

Iowa has the worst scoring offense in the Big Ten (18 pts/game). But they have a scoring defense that creates turnovers.

Iowa 31-17

Purdue @ Indiana

An intra-state game between two teams evenly matched.

I'll go with Purdue 41-38

MaineRed
11-13-2007, 08:59 PM
You guys are ALL doing quite well picking these games. texasdave is 29-14 and in last place. Only 3 games out though.

SEC fans are better at picking SEC games but that is beside the point.

GAC
11-13-2007, 09:06 PM
We're all "Big Ten type of guys". :lol:

But I think we could do a pretty good job at picking SEC teams too. The same methodology would be utilized.... watching the games and statistics.

Maybe we'll expand it some next year.

RedFanAlways1966
11-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Maybe we'll expand it some next year.

Pick using the point spread! That tends to humble the best. :D

Unassisted
11-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Ohio State @ Michigan
Lloyd's coyness about Henne and Hart makes me think this one won't be close.
28-10 Buckeyes

I haven't fared well picking against MSU and I like them better at home.
21-14 Spartans

Northwestern @ Illinois
Even banged-up and let-down after last week, I've gotta go with the Illini at home.
35-14 Illini

Wisconsin @ Minnesota
Rivalry, schmivalry. This will be an easy one for Bucky.
35-3 Badgers

Western Michigan @ Iowa
If Iowa loses to a 3-7 MAC team at home, they should go coach-shopping over the holidays.
28-10 Hawkeyes

Purdue @ Indiana
Going with the home team. They should be more motivated since a win for them will ensure a bowl bid.
35-31 Hoosiers

Strikes Out Looking
11-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Michigan 27 Ohio State 24
Michigan State 23 Penn State 20
Illinois 30 Northwestern 17
Wisconsin 27 Minnesota 3
Iowa 24 Western Michigan 17
Indiana 24 Purdue 21

BuckeyeRed27
11-14-2007, 01:50 PM
OSU 27 Michigan 17
PSU 35 MSU 28
Illini 41 NW 21
Wisco 35 Minne 10
Iowa 27 WM 10
Purdue 45 Indiana 41

GAC
11-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Ohio State @ Michigan
Lloyd's coyness about Henne and Hart makes me think this one won't be close.
28-10 Buckeyes

Some contend that the reason Henne only played two series vs the Badgers and Hart sat out was to get them ready for the OSU game.

Make no mistake about it - Hart and Henne will be out there. For how long it's anyone's guess.

OnBaseMachine
11-14-2007, 08:45 PM
I'll be watching the OSU-Michigan game with interest. If USC wins out then they will most likely face the OSU/Michigan winner in the Rose Bowl.

MWM
11-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Some contend that the reason Henne only played two series vs the Badgers and Hart sat out was to get them ready for the OSU game.

Make no mistake about it - Hart and Henne will be out there. For how long it's anyone's guess.

This whole season after they lost ot Oregon has been about the OSU game. Henne and Hart have sat out out quite a bit when rumor had it they "could" have played. They want to make sure they're healthy when the Buckeyes come to town.

GAC
11-14-2007, 09:30 PM
This whole season after they lost ot Oregon has been about the OSU game. Henne and Hart have sat out out quite a bit when rumor had it they "could" have played. They want to make sure they're healthy when the Buckeyes come to town.

Thoroughly agree. Woody Hayes would have done the same in that situation. Regardless of what Carr may say or imply - winning "The Game" will possibly bring some redemption to their season of disappointment.

Is Carr planning to retire afterwards regardless, and winning this game will allow him to go out on a high note?

Danny Serafini
11-14-2007, 10:16 PM
I'll be watching the OSU-Michigan game with interest. If USC wins out then they will most likely face the OSU/Michigan winner in the Rose Bowl.

Not if LSU and Kansas win out. That would drop Oregon to the Rose Bowl. Not saying it's right, I think Oregon is the best team, but that's what would happen.

OnBaseMachine
11-14-2007, 11:02 PM
Not if LSU and Kansas win out. That would drop Oregon to the Rose Bowl. Not saying it's right, I think Oregon is the best team, but that's what would happen.

Yup, that's another reason why I am rooting for Oregon to win out and make it to the National Championship.

IowaRed
11-15-2007, 10:31 AM
Ohio St. 20 Michigan 17
Penn St. 23 Michigan St. 17
Illinois 37 Northwestern 27
Wisconsin 45 Minnesota 20
Iowa 28 Western Michigan 13
Purdue 26 Indiana 24

Playadlc
11-17-2007, 04:57 AM
Michigan 24
Ohio State 21

Michigan State 30
Penn State 24

Illinois 27
Northwestern 17

Wisconsin 42
Minnesota 24

Iowa 31
Western Michigan 10

Purdue 31
Indiana 30

BuckWoody
11-17-2007, 09:49 AM
Ohio State 21 @ Michigan 24 (A reverse Earl game from 1987, hope I'm way wrong)
Penn State 17 @ Michigan State 23
Northwestern 20 @ Illinois 31
Wisconsin 33 @ Minnesota 13
Western Michigan 20 @ Iowa 28
Purdue 22 @ Indiana 23

texasdave
11-17-2007, 10:32 AM
Michigan 13
Ohio State 31

Michigan State 30
Penn State 20

Illinois 17
Northwestern 24

Wisconsin 38
Minnesota 17

Iowa 27
Western Michigan 7

Purdue 24
Indiana 35

MaineRed
11-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Arizona State now controls their own destiny to get to the Rose Bowl. They host USC on Thanksgiving. Could be a 3 way tie if USC wins. What happens then?

Don't the Big Ten and Pac 10 have some rule that the team with the longest Rose Bowl drought goes if there is a tie? Or maybe I am thinking of something else.

Danny Serafini
11-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Ohio St. 168 Michigan -20
Penn St. 21 Michigan St. 20
Illinois 28 Northwestern 24
Wisconsin 31 Minnesota 10
Iowa 35 W. Michigan 10
Indiana 27 Purdue 23

Danny Serafini
11-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Don't the Big Ten and Pac 10 have some rule that the team with the longest Rose Bowl drought goes if there is a tie? Or maybe I am thinking of something else.

The Big 10 did at one point, don't know if they still do or not. Don't know if the Pac 10 did.

Chip R
11-17-2007, 11:10 AM
The Big 10 did at one point, don't know if they still do or not. Don't know if the Pac 10 did.

I think it's best overall record now.

Playadlc
11-18-2007, 03:49 AM
I am glad I was wrong on the Bucket game.

Indiana will be going to their first bowl game in 14 years.

Great win for the Indiana football program.

Unassisted
11-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Here's the story on the game that we all missed.

W. Michigan 28, Iowa 19

Nov. 17, 2007

IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) -Tim Hiller threw for 367 yards and three touchdowns and Western Michigan stunned Iowa 28-19 on Saturday, putting the Hawkeyes' bowl hopes in jeopardy.

Chris Kelly kicked a 30-yard field goal with 1:13 left and Brandon West added 116 yards rushing and 93 receiving for the Broncos (4-7), who raced out to a 19-0 lead and hung on to snap a three-game losing streak.

Iowa (6-6), one of 10 bowl-eligible Big Ten teams, must now wait and see if it can back into a bid. The Hawkeyes had won three straight to end conference play, but they tied a season-high by allowing 489 yards of total offense to the Broncos.

Western Michigan led 25-19 with 5:11 left when Desman Stephen picked off Iowa quarterback Jake Christensen and returned it to the Iowa 38. The Broncos milked the clock, and Kelly's field goal pushed the lead to nine.

Christensen was 20-of-37 for 249 yards with three touchdowns and two interceptions, and Albert Young rushed for 95 yards for Iowa.

The Hawkeyes fell behind 19-0 midway through the second quarter. But they blocked their second field goal of the game early in the third, and later scored on a 3-yard TD reception by Tom Busch to make it 19-13.

Western Michigan responded with a gutsy 81-yard scoring drive that ended when Hiller found Anthony Middleton for a 7-yard TD pass to make it 25-13 late in the third quarter. The Broncos missed the two-point conversion.

Iowa pulled within 25-19 on a 3-yard TD catch by Brandon Myers with 12:14 left. Daniel Murray missed the extra point.

Iowa came out flat and Western Michigan took advantage.

West took a screen pass 32 yards for a touchdown on the Broncos' opening drive. Mike Jones, who missed the extra point, hit field goals of 30 and 23 yards to push the lead to 12-0 by the end of the first quarter.

On fourth-and-1 in Iowa territory, Hiller play-faked and the entire Hawkeyes defense bit. Middleton broke open down the field and his 35-yard catch gave the Broncos a 19-0 lead with 6:52 left in the first half.

Christensen got the Hawkeyes within 19-6 on an 11-yard touchdown pass to Trey Stross late in the second quarter. Iowa blocked Jones' 36-yard field goal try at the end of the half.

The loss caps a miserable week for Iowa.

Three of its players were questioned in connection with an alleged sexual assault in a campus dormitory, according to university police. No arrests have been made and the identities of the players are being withheld.

GAC
11-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Final week's tally....

5-1.... Unassisted
4-2..... GAC, Strikes Out Looking, BuckWoody, texasdave, Danny Serafini
3-3..... Playadlc, IowaRed, BuckeyeRdd27

Final Standings....

WIN-LOSS WIN %

Playadlc 32-11 .744

Iowa Red 24-9 .727

BuckeyeRed27 33-13 .717

GAC 39-16 .709