PDA

View Full Version : comments or criticisms

jfleur87
09-24-2007, 01:48 AM
What does everyone think of my attempt to trade Edgerin James and Chicagos defense for Willie Parker and Jason Witten. Without going into too much detail, I have Minnesota as another D and have been alternating them with Chicago depending on who they are playing that week, its worked out so far. I also am in serious need of tight end help as I am starting Owen Daniels because I gave up on Vernon Davis.

It would give me 2 first round running backs as I also have Gore.

so in short

Edge and Chicago
for
Willie and Witten

Is this a fair deal, good for me, or bad for me.

any comments are welcome, thanks

Buckeye33
09-24-2007, 02:44 AM
What does everyone think of my attempt to trade Edgerin James and Chicagos defense for Willie Parker and Jason Witten. Without going into too much detail, I have Minnesota as another D and have been alternating them with Chicago depending on who they are playing that week, its worked out so far. I also am in serious need of tight end help as I am starting Owen Daniels because I gave up on Vernon Davis.

It would give me 2 first round running backs as I also have Gore.

so in short

Edge and Chicago
for
Willie and Witten

Is this a fair deal, good for me, or bad for me.

any comments are welcome, thanks

I would laugh at this deal if I was the one who had Parker and Witten.

Chicago is overrated. They were exposed tonight by the Cowboys and they have to play 2 real good passing teams in Detroit and Green Bay 4 total times the rest of the year. They also play the Eagles and Seahawks. All those teams will put up points on Chicago.

Willie Parker is a stud. After this year he will be a top 6 RB in every draft. James is no longer a stud and if Leinhart stays the QB he'll face 8 man fronts.

Romo loves Witten. Witten may end up being the #2 TE this season behind Gates.

So, back to the point, if you can somehow pull that deal off without it getting vetoed or seriously complained about you would be WAY ahead of the game.

Johnny Footstool
09-24-2007, 09:54 AM
You might be able to trick someone into making that deal. It would be a steal if you could pull it off.

jfleur87
09-24-2007, 12:51 PM
As expected, he is smarter than that. The deal we have worked out and him willing to accept is

Edge, Chicago, Torry Holt
for
Parker and Witten

My wideouts are Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Darrel Jackson, and T.J.

Do I pull the trigger?

Buckeye33
09-24-2007, 02:30 PM
As expected, he is smarter than that. The deal we have worked out and him willing to accept is

Edge, Chicago, Torry Holt
for
Parker and Witten

My wideouts are Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Darrel Jackson, and T.J.

Do I pull the trigger?

Do you start 3 WRs? TJ is a stud but relying on Jackson and Marshall all year might be risky.

I think I would still do the deal if I was you. You are getting back 2 top tier players at their positions and only giving up 1 in Holt.

Who will your other RB be to go along with Parker? If your other RB is also a true #1 then I would do the deal for sure.

jfleur87
09-24-2007, 02:52 PM
my other running back is Gore, so according to you this is a no brainer, yes?

Heres my team if the trade goes through
Brees/Delhome
T.J/Marshall/Vincent and Darrel Jackson
Gore/Parker/T. Jones/Brandon Jacobs
Witten
Jason Hansan
Minnesota

does this look like a team that can compete

Johnny Footstool
09-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Yeah, do it.

jfleur87
09-24-2007, 04:13 PM
thanks guys, i had others telling me not to do it, but i trust the redszone more

Buckeye33
09-24-2007, 05:33 PM
thanks guys, i had others telling me not to do it, but i trust the redszone more

It's worth doing. Once Jacobs gets back healthy you could always move him or Jones and try to upgrade at receiver.