PDA

View Full Version : Heroes is back

Puffy
09-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Tonight starts Chapter 2.

Nice.

MrCinatit
09-24-2007, 07:53 PM
I am making the call: If they continue where they left off last season, Hiro will meet his dad in feudalism Japan.

Red in Chicago
09-24-2007, 09:49 PM
Wow, I'm not sure I can watch anymore after tonight. Aweful so far, with only 10 minutes to go.:thumbdown

HumnHilghtFreel
09-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Yeah, this has been pretty bad. Big letdown, but of course I'm going to continue watching.

gonelong
09-24-2007, 11:34 PM
Not their best effort, but I can forgive a show in the early going ... it has to set some things up for a later payoff. Hopefully it can find its stride again next week ... a few more weeks of laying an egg like this one will make it much tougher to whittle out time for this show.

GL

TeamMorris
09-25-2007, 12:19 AM
Hummmm, I thought it was pretty good. I was able to read into it a bit and have an idea were it could be going. But then again...I could be wrong. Either way, I will continue to watch.

Johnny Footstool
09-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Are they re-running this episode at some point, or do I have to watch it online?

RedsManRick
09-25-2007, 10:13 AM
The Claire storyline was just... uggh. One day of school and she already can't hide that she's special? I half expected her to call an assembly, break her own neck, and then name the 50 state capitals right then and there, then run home crying about how she can hide who she is. When does LOST start again? :-P

MrCinatit
09-25-2007, 10:14 AM
Johnny, according to tivo, NBC is showing it again at 8 p.m., the 29th.

Johnny Footstool
09-25-2007, 10:35 AM
Johnny, according to tivo, NBC is showing it again at 8 p.m., the 29th.

Thanks! I'll set my DVR.

ochre
09-25-2007, 10:52 AM
I thought it was alright, but I didn't have high expectations for the first episode. Too much "hangover" from the finale. There were parts of it that could definitely lead to some interesting story lines, and that's all I really expected out of the premier.

KronoRed
09-25-2007, 11:54 AM
I actually liked Journeyman (the quantum leap clone) better.

DoogMinAmo
09-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Some points/ questions:

It has become glaringly obvious Sylar survived.

Only some of the story lines were explored this week, I almost expect a similar, drawn out setup episode next week before really heating up.

Is the boy Claire met at school her step-brother?

Are Mrs. Petrelli and Hiro's father one of the nine, or are there nine others that could have turned?

I thought Mohinder already found the antibody to the virus in his blood, is the quest for funding just a cover up or is did the antibody fail?

The Peter storyline at least heated up in the end.

ochre
09-25-2007, 02:42 PM
I thought Mohinder already found the antibody to the virus in his blood, is the quest for funding just a cover up or is did the antibody fail?

Pretty sure it was the setup to get "into" the company for Mohinder.

Red in Chicago
09-25-2007, 08:10 PM
The only reason I'll be watching next week, is to see a barely clad Peter Petrelli:p: HOT!!!

GIK
09-25-2007, 08:41 PM
The episode was a bit of a let down, IMO. Hopefully, as it has been said, that is due to wrapping up last year and introducing new characters. Still, an improvement is in order.

Yachtzee
09-25-2007, 10:07 PM
I think the problem with the episode was that the Maya and Alejandro story line is just getting started. It was previewed in the graphic novel this week. It took up a lot of time in the show and we still don't know exactly what power either one of them has. We just know they want to get to NY to meet Mohinder.

The high school kid's power is interesting in that I think it's the first time we've seen someone who has the same power as another character.

BuckeyeRed27
09-25-2007, 10:57 PM
I thought it was a good episode. This show is always a little all over the place.
I agree with an earlier post that Journeyman was really good though. That one is already in the auto record so I don't miss it.

jmcclain19
09-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Well I thought it looked promising. Glad that the show is back.

DoogMinAmo
09-25-2007, 11:40 PM
I think the problem with the episode was that the Maya and Alejandro story line is just getting started. It was previewed in the graphic novel this week. It took up a lot of time in the show and we still don't know exactly what power either one of them has. We just know they want to get to NY to meet Mohinder.

The high school kid's power is interesting in that I think it's the first time we've seen someone who has the same power as another character.

Maya did make everyone on the truck's eyes bleed, killing them instantly. I am not sure Alejandro has a power, I thought of his role as the guardian, although the running for 80,000 miles might mean something.

Yachtzee
09-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Maya did make everyone on the truck's eyes bleed, killing them instantly. I am not sure Alejandro has a power, I thought of his role as the guardian, although the running for 80,000 miles might mean something.

I don't know if making eyes bleed is enough to kill someone. I think the bleeding eyes are merely a symptom of something else. The online graphic novel seems to imply that Maya is the carrier of some kind of plague. It may be that she's the vector that causes whatever disease Molly and Mohinder's sister had to jump to the general population. Maybe Alejandro is like Mohinder and has a natural immunity to the disease.

Johnny Footstool
09-26-2007, 09:31 AM
My DVR was still set from last season, so I got to watch the episode last night. I hope we're not left wondering about George Takei's power.

DoogMinAmo
09-26-2007, 10:50 AM
I don't know if making eyes bleed is enough to kill someone. I think the bleeding eyes are merely a symptom of something else. The online graphic novel seems to imply that Maya is the carrier of some kind of plague. It may be that she's the vector that causes whatever disease Molly and Mohinder's sister had to jump to the general population. Maybe Alejandro is like Mohinder and has a natural immunity to the disease.

Agreed regarding a symptom of something else. It reminded me of the Fifth Element whenever Zorg talked to the shadow.

Interesting thought on the virus, but I think it is more likely a high frequency that she sent out when she lost control that overloaded the brains.

ochre
09-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Think she's who Molly's really dreaming about? I assumed it was foreshadowing Siler still being alive, but eyes were prominently featured in the drawings and the results of Maya's "power".

BuckeyeRed27
09-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Think she's who Molly's really dreaming about? I assumed it was foreshadowing Siler still being alive, but eyes were prominently featured in the drawings and the results of Maya's "power".

I don't think so because in her dream you could hear a man's voice saying "I can see you".

pahster
09-27-2007, 10:37 PM

It's the guy they mentioned at the end of season 1. He can see her if she looks for him and is supposed to be much more dangerous than Syler.

Tommyjohn25
10-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Wow. Just noticed that there weren't any comments on last weeks show on here and tonight is another one! Have you all given up on the show so quickly??!! I thought last weeks episode was great! Learned that there were heroes or people "evolving" back in the 1400's "Tekeio Kensei"! Not sure about the spelling....

MrCinatit
10-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Heck no, I've not given up on the show.
I am still convinced Hiro is going to meet his dad in the 1400s, though that chance is looking slimmer and slimmer all the time.

stevekun
10-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Heroes is a good show...but how they explain Syler or where he is is going to be interesting

Tommyjohn25
10-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Heroes is a good show...but how they explain Syler or where he is is going to be interesting

I am stoked to see the return of Sylar tonight! I know he's the "bad guy" but still...

stevekun
10-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Yeah Syler is a bad guy who everyone likes...its pretty cool

Yachtzee
10-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Yeah Syler is a bad guy who everyone likes...its pretty cool

Personally I find Sylar to be a big wiener and was hoping he was done with at the end of last season. I find whoever is stalking the "Gang of 8" to be far more interesting. And then there is the Boogieman. And the Company.

SteelSD
10-09-2007, 12:01 AM
Last week's episode was excellent and tonight's was fantastic. Sylar's return was expected, but the twist on his return was first rate. However, we need to consider that Zachary Quinto ("Sylar") is soon to play Spock in the next Star Trek film so what's happened to him is simply logical (yes, intended "Spock" reference).

Personally I find Sylar to be a big wiener and was hoping he was done with at the end of last season. I find whoever is stalking the "Gang of 8" to be far more interesting. And then there is the Boogieman. And the Company.

Actually, I like Sylar as a character. Uber-powerful. Jealous to a fault, overconfident, impetuous, and relentless. I really appreciate the performance by Quinto- who, IMHO, manifests a character with more infinitely more humanity and depth than anything Hayden Christensen could muster with Anakin Skywalker during the Star Wars prequels. Yeah, Christensen's portrayal is a low bar, but IMO Quinto absolutely nailed the essence of Sylar. Even tonight, he portrayed the same psychopathic behavior we've come to expect from this character.

And I also find the systematic elimination protocol of the "Gang of 8" very interesting. And here's a theory...

We've already met Takezo Sensei (played by David Anders). We know that he regenerates. But does that mean he can't be killed period? Is he immortal? This might be a stretch, but is it possible that Takezo Sensei is actually Claire's father- passing on his gift to his daughter? If so, might he be a bit grumpy that his daughter was ripped away by the "Company"?

Again, just a thought but if Takezo Sensei is more than just a bit character, it's plausible especially since the death of Kaito Nakamura occurred via the "bad guy" leaping with him off the building. Either the bad guy can fly or he can absorb pretty much any impact or injury. And let's consider the final target. Hmn...

Yachtzee
10-09-2007, 12:29 AM
Last week's episode was excellent and tonight's was fantastic. Sylar's return was expected, but the twist on his return was first rate. However, we need to consider that Zachary Quinto ("Sylar") is soon to play Spock in the next Star Trek film so what's happened to him is simply logical (yes, intended "Spock" reference).

Actually, I like Sylar as a character. Uber-powerful. Jealous to a fault, overconfident, impetuous, and relentless. I really appreciate the performance by Quinto- who, IMHO, manifests a character with more infinitely more humanity and depth than anything Hayden Christensen could muster with Anakin Skywalker during the Star Wars prequels. Yeah, Christensen's portrayal is a low bar, but IMO Quinto absolutely nailed the essence of Sylar. Even tonight, he portrayed the same psychopathic behavior we've come to expect from this character.

And I also find the systematic elimination protocol of the "Gang of 8" very interesting. And here's a theory...

We've already met Takezo Sensei (played by David Anders). We know that he regenerates. But does that mean he can't be killed period? Is he immortal? This might be a stretch, but is it possible that Takezo Sensei is actually Claire's father- passing on his gift to his daughter? If so, might he be a bit grumpy that his daughter was ripped away by the "Company"?

Again, just a thought but if Takezo Sensei is more than just a bit character, it's plausible especially since the death of Kaito Nakamura occurred via the "bad guy" leaping with him off the building. Either the bad guy can fly or he can absorb pretty much any impact or injury. And let's consider the final target. Hmn...

I don't think my problem with Sylar is the actor. It's just that the way his character is written, he's just an incredible ******bag. He seems to want powers like a comic book collector wants rare comic books. All he really cares about is collecting powers. Every time he takes someone out, I keep hearing the classic line from those zombie movies "Braaaaains, Braaaains....Must have BRAAAAAIIIINS!" It's like he wants all these powers but has no real idea of what he wants to do with them.

I thought they already established that Nathan Petrelli is Claire's real dad, but youneverknow. I was thinking that Kensei is probably a common ancestor of Hiro and the Petrelli family and, therefore, Claire.

SteelSD
10-09-2007, 12:42 AM
I don't think my problem with Sylar is the actor. It's just that the way his character is written, he's just an incredible ******bag. He seems to want powers like a comic book collector wants rare comic books. All he really cares about is collecting powers. Every time he takes someone out, I keep hearing the classic line from those zombie movies "Braaaaains, Braaaains....Must have BRAAAAAIIIINS!" It's like he wants all these powers but has no real idea of what he wants to do with them.

Hey! I'm still looking for a reasonably priced copy of X-Men #1!

;)

I understand where you're coming from on Sylar, but it's pretty clear to me that he just wants to be the most powerful being on Earth because he's got...well...issues.

I thought they already established that Nathan Petrelli is Claire's real dad, but youneverknow. I was thinking that Kensei is probably a common ancestor of Hiro and the Petrelli family and, therefore, Claire.

Yep, we think that Nathan Petrelli is Claire's father, but I wonder now considering that Kensei has now demonstrated powers that are identical to Claire's. I'm not sure that they'd have written those powers to be identical if there wasn't a reason. You're explanation of "common ancestor" could certainly be spot-on as well. But that's the fun of talking about this stuff and that's exactly what the creators of the show wanted- a "buzz".

This show is fun. Big time. It keeps us guessing and it keeps us involved. IMHO, it's the best show on TV right now because of that.

Yachtzee
10-09-2007, 01:21 AM
Hey! I'm still looking for a reasonably priced copy of X-Men #1!

;)

I understand where you're coming from on Sylar, but it's pretty clear to me that he just wants to be the most powerful being on Earth because he's got...well...issues.

Yep, we think that Nathan Petrelli is Claire's father, but I wonder now considering that Kensei has now demonstrated powers that are identical to Claire's. I'm not sure that they'd have written those powers to be identical if there wasn't a reason. You're explanation of "common ancestor" could certainly be spot-on as well. But that's the fun of talking about this stuff and that's exactly what the creators of the show wanted- a "buzz".

This show is fun. Big time. It keeps us guessing and it keeps us involved. IMHO, it's the best show on TV right now because of that.

I'm intrigued by the fact that Claire's new boyfriend has the same power that her real dad has. Is that a sign that they may be related? We now have two instances where the same power is repeated although Kensei and Claire lived hundreds of years apart, Nathan and Claire-bear's boy are contemporaries. Do the same powers recur in the same family tree or do they occur randomly?

I agree. Heroes and Lost make me think about things on a much deeper level than other shows.

HumnHilghtFreel
10-09-2007, 01:23 AM
Just my theory... I think that jungle Sylar is in is a hallucination he created for himself after he ate the brains, since he always has an adjustment period after he takes someones powers.

I also think the major storyline for Peter will be a Star Wars-esque decision between choosing the dark side or the righteous path for his powers. He already helped someone pull off a robbery, but he also let the guy go when he could have killed him, which would symbolically be the ultimate step into the evil use of powers.

This show was great this week though. Oh yeah, I also really hate these 2 new brother-sister characters with the bleeding eyes. They're my equivalent of Nikki and Paolo from Lost. I'll give them a little more time to develop a real story though, but right now their appearances have been pretty annoying.

Yachtzee
10-09-2007, 01:30 AM
This show was great this week though. Oh yeah, I also really hate these 2 new brother-sister characters with the bleeding eyes. They're my equivalent of Nikki and Paolo from Lost. I'll give them a little more time to develop a real story though, but right now their appearances have been pretty annoying.

Razzle Dazzle!

Actually I don't think they're as bad as Nikki and Paolo. I think it's interesting that they're twins and one's power counteracts the other's. The only think that creeps me out about it is that it makes me think of the "black oil" thing in the eyes from X-Files.

TeamBoone
10-09-2007, 02:32 AM
I also think the major storyline for Peter will be a Star Wars-esque decision between choosing the dark side or the righteous path for his powers. He already helped someone pull off a robbery, but he also let the guy go when he could have killed him, which would symbolically be the ultimate step into the evil use of powers.

He didn't do that on his own; they made him do it.

I have a feeling the twins are going to play a big role, otherwise, they wouldn't be spending so much time laying the groundwork for their characters.

Also, it appeared to me that Silar thought his new power would take him where ever he wanted to go, e.g., London, Paris. Instead, it only creates the illusion of being in these places (or did I misinterpret it?).

I don't get the Molly story line. I must have missed something.

pahster
10-09-2007, 09:35 AM
I don't get the Molly story line. I must have missed something.

She was the Company's tracking system last year. She can locate anyone she thinks about, except for the Bogeyman (the one who is supposed to be worse than Sylar), who can see her when she thinks about him.

MrCinatit
10-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Also, it appeared to me that Silar thought his new power would take him where ever he wanted to go, e.g., London, Paris. Instead, it only creates the illusion of being in these places (or did I misinterpret it?).

I am very sure you are correct. The lady who he got the power from (her name escapes me) dealt in illusions (ie, becoming Sylar, the twins, etc.) - the illusion included the beach.
I for one like the Sylar character, as well. Yeah, he is a bit comic bookish - but there are dabs of that throughout the show.

And am I crazy, or was that Nichelle Nichols as Nikki's mother in law (say that five times fast)? Could we be witnessing a Star Trek reunion here?
In fact, I would not be surprised if she was one of the elders with a power - and, again, we have met three of those elders, right, if this is correct (herself, George Takei, and Cristine Rose). All three have been in ST (herself and George - rather obvious, Rose appearing in parts one and two of ST:TNG's Birthright episodes).
In fact, if Linderman (Malcome McDowell) was an elder - there is yet another Star Trek connection.
I know that has nothing to do with the plot itself - but I find connections like that rather fascinating.

HotCorner
10-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Razzle Dazzle!

http://gallery.lost-media.com/albums/ep-caps/season3/3x14-expose/djcaps/Lost_S03E14DD95.jpg (http://gallery.lost-media.com/albums/ep-caps/season3/3x14-expose/djcaps/Lost_S03E14DD161.jpg)

Unassisted
10-09-2007, 06:27 PM
I was underwhelmed by the S1 finale and I've been found the first 3 episodes of S2 to be snoozers. The rest of my family bailed out on the show after last season. I'll stick with it for another episode or two to see if this season improves.

The show I'm liking much better than Heroes is Journeyman, which follows Heroes on NBC. It's my favorite new show of the season.

KronoRed
10-09-2007, 07:48 PM
The show I'm liking much better than Heroes is Journeyman, which follows Heroes on NBC. It's my favorite new show of the season.

Yeah I'm a big fan of the Quantum Leap clone myself ;)

RFS62
10-09-2007, 11:14 PM
I was underwhelmed by the S1 finale

Wow, I thought the season finale was incredible, a perfect end to a great season.

And I like Journeyman too. It's nice to see Vorenus back on his feet.

TeamBoone
10-09-2007, 11:26 PM
I hardly think this year's season is a snoozer!

Regarding Molly, I remember that now from last season. I just forgot. It only came out in the season finale, right?

I like Journeyman too. It reminds me of The Dead Zone in reverse, a show which I also enjoy.

DoogMinAmo
10-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Today's episode was much, MUCH better. The storylines are starting to come together, and Sylar is that guy everyone loves to hate again. The curiosity is who was watching/ healing him and how are they preventing him from using his powers? Is it the same company, or a rival one?

A note: it seems that the future encounter/fight between Peter and Sylar from season 1 is still likely to occur now that Sylar has (possibly?) gained the power of illusion.

DoogMinAmo
11-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Has everyone given up on this show? I thought last night's episode finally revealed a twist making the beginning of the season worth bearing. Adam/Kensei and Peter make for very interesting possibilities; is their teamwork due to deception or is there even more to the company of which we do not know for them to want to take it down?

For the first time since the season finale I can't wait until the next episode.

Unassisted
11-06-2007, 10:11 PM
I was thoroughly bored by the feudal Japan story arc in the last couple of episodes before this week. So much so that I used the skip feature on my DVR to avoid those segments.

Overall, it just feels too disconnected. And the goals that the characters are working toward this season seem much less compelling than those from last season. Last night's episode really muddied the water about whether "the company" is good or bad.

pahster
11-06-2007, 10:25 PM
I've been enjoying this season just as much as last.

savafan
11-07-2007, 02:32 AM
I've been enjoying this season just as much as last.

Me too, perhaps even more. I for one am glad that they don't give us direct answers to every question. I like shows that challenge my mind.

MrCinatit
11-07-2007, 07:29 AM
I have been enjoying it quite a bit, though not as much as last year. Still a show I cannot stand to miss - and I am not going to make the same mistake I did last year when I dropped it in favor of 24.

gonelong
11-07-2007, 09:22 AM
A little slow to start out this year, though I will appreciate the slow build up ... as long as there is a payoff.

GL

BuckeyeRed27
11-07-2007, 10:25 AM
Well unless the writers strike ends we won't know what happens for a while. I think they have 5 episodes written. And Heroes Orgins is on indefinite leave and probably won't air this season.

savafan
11-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Well unless the writers strike ends we won't know what happens for a while. I think they have 5 episodes written. And Heroes Orgins is on indefinite leave and probably won't air this season.

I'll write for them. There, problem solved! ;)

BuckeyeRed27
11-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Very cool episode last night. Too bad there is only 3 left.

Reds Fanatic
11-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Right before the writers went on strike they rewrote the end of the 11th episode to be a season finale. So December 3rd will be the last episode of the season for Heroes unless the strike ends quickly which does not look likely.

savafan
11-20-2007, 02:01 AM
That was a great episode tonight! Didn't expect that ending!

MrCinatit
11-20-2007, 09:11 AM
A great episode indeed, though I did make a call earlier as to who killed Hiro's father (found that a tad predictable).
The show is really getting into a rather good groove now. If only...

gonelong
11-20-2007, 09:24 AM
A great episode indeed, though I did make a call earlier as to who killed Hiro's father (found that a tad predictable).
The show is really getting into a rather good groove now. If only...

I thought Adam being around in present times was a given, though I didn't have him pegged to have killed Hiro's father.

I did call Bennet not actually being dead from the minute the painting was shown.

Not real fond of the boyfriend that can fly and bears a resemblance to the Smallville Superman. Sheeesh.

GL

BuckeyeRed27
11-20-2007, 11:16 AM
So I guess Bob is the one that saves Bennett? He took Claire's blood and that is what saves him. That would certainly be an interesting twist.

DoogMinAmo
11-20-2007, 12:43 PM
I thought Adam being around in present times was a given, though I didn't have him pegged to have killed Hiro's father.

I did call Bennet not actually being dead from the minute the painting was shown.

Not real fond of the boyfriend that can fly and bears a resemblance to the Smallville Superman. Sheeesh.

GL

I got a kick out of the "Girls fall for guys just like their fathers" line.

Last nights episode was good, and it will get great really soon with the writers' strike. The season seems like it will be ending in two episodes, is there room for any more twists and secrets, or will it just be a rush from here on out?

I will say this for sure, I wish Heroes has a 2 hour season finale in its immediate future, I would be glued to my couch the whole time.

MrsHammer
11-20-2007, 02:55 PM
So I guess Bob is the one that saves Bennett? He took Claire's blood and that is what saves him. That would certainly be an interesting twist.

..or it could be Adam using his blood to save Bennett; or maybe even Peter. Doesn't he still take on the abilities of those around him? That seems far fetched, but you never know.

Puffy
11-20-2007, 03:02 PM
..or it could be Adam using his blood to save Bennett; or maybe even Peter. Doesn't he still take on the abilities of those around him? That seems far fetched, but you never know.

No, its the company that saved him. The room he was in (with the blue walls) is the clue to that puzzle.

The real question should be why - is he a prisoner in the room? Do they need something from him? Is Mohinder right and they are actually trying to help? Or are they after something else?

savafan
11-22-2007, 08:38 PM
If Bob is Elle's father...biological father I mean, then wouldn't he have a power as well? The powers seem to be genetic. Didn't we find out that Angela Pitrelli had a power...although I can't remember what it was?

HumnHilghtFreel
11-22-2007, 09:26 PM
If Bob is Elle's father...biological father I mean, then wouldn't he have a power as well? The powers seem to be genetic. Didn't we find out that Angela Pitrelli had a power...although I can't remember what it was?

I'm assuming that he happened into having her as a daughter the same way that HRG did with Claire, but you never know.

No, its the company that saved him. The room he was in (with the blue walls) is the clue to that puzzle.

The real question should be why - is he a prisoner in the room? Do they need something from him? Is Mohinder right and they are actually trying to help? Or are they after something else?

My personal theory is that it was Mohinder. I think that HRG and he had it planned all along. Suresh could have taken the blood and "resurrected" him. I mainly think this because Suresh has always been hesitant when faced with the chance to kill from what we've seen, but wasn't hesitant in the least there.

marcshoe
11-22-2007, 09:55 PM
I think you might have it there. I'd assumed Bob, but what you're saying makes more sense.

I just hope they don't reveal that anyone else has powers for a while. The show has progressed from Mohinder trying to find people who have powers to the viewers having a hard time finding anyone who doesn't.

DoogMinAmo
11-23-2007, 01:22 PM

I thought Bob had the Midas touch? Angela's power is still a mystery to me though.

DoogMinAmo
11-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Starting to ramp up for the finale!

This just occurred to me:

The car that the plague brother, sister and Sylar were using to get into America... I think it was Claire's stolen Rogue.

danken12
11-29-2007, 03:10 PM

The car that the plague brother, sister and Sylar were using to get into America... I think it was Claire's stolen Rogue.

It's definetely the same type of car, not sure if it's the same one.

DoogMinAmo
11-30-2007, 12:16 AM
It's definetely the same type of car, not sure if it's the same one.

It would fit in with the writers' constant desire for interweaved plot lines.

Johnny Footstool
11-30-2007, 12:22 AM

It is. It has a bumper sticker from Claire's high school on it.

Yachtzee
11-30-2007, 12:40 AM
It would fit in with the writers' constant desire for interweaved plot lines.

And with the desire to work in a good product placement. ;)

Johnny Footstool
11-30-2007, 09:30 AM
And with the desire to work in a good product placement. ;)

The most unbelievable element of "Heroes" is not that people can fly, or that their lives are miraculously, coincidentally intertwined. It's that everyone on the planet drives a brand new Nissan.

Hobo
11-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Any idea's on which two Hero's will die?

Johnny Footstool
11-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Any idea's on which two Hero's will die?

Claire's boyfriend and Nathan "I don't have anything to do anymore" Petrelli.

BuckeyeRed27
11-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Claire's boyfriend and Nathan "I don't have anything to do anymore" Petrelli.

What do you have something against people that can fly or someting?

Johnny Footstool
11-30-2007, 10:31 AM
What do you have something against people that can fly or someting?

Yeah, they're all pretty-boys.

:)

MrCinatit
11-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Yeah, they're all pretty-boys.
:)

It would be better if they wore capes. And wore tights....

Wait. I'd better stop there.

HumnHilghtFreel
12-04-2007, 10:02 AM
What are your guy's thoughts on the finale?

Spoilers below for those who might have Tivo'd

I thought it was good given the circumstances(strike) and the story for the third volume should be much much better with Sylar back to being Sylar.

Getting rid of the virus might have been the most anti-climatic thing ever, but the same could be said about the conflict ender in the first season. Note to Heroes writers, make your endings more dramatic!

Hiro putting Adam in a coffin:eek:

MrCinatit
12-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Minor spoilers below:

I liked it. Kind of disappointed - but it was mainly because of the suddenness of the ending and the circumstances surrounding it. In other words, I think the writers did a good job, considering what they were facing.
I got an off-handed impression that there is a chance for a split season (like the Sopranos) if the strike is resolved in a reasonable amount of time. But, from the little action I've heard so far in getting it resolved, that is pretty darned unlikely.

While they said two Heroes would die, we did not actually see one of them die in the explosion - it is possible the person could have gotten out.

Has anyone checked out the Heroes online stuffs? I've not - but it sounds like some of the story is a little more fleshed out with "extra content" (the impression I get is that it is told in comic format, but I could be wrong). Question is: if this is so, who is doing the writing? The original writers? And, isn't that kind of what started this whole strike thing - the writers not getting their share from online materials?
Perhaps I am not looking at this right - or overlooking something obvious. Or simply over-reading this.

Yachtzee
12-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Minor spoilers below:

I liked it. Kind of disappointed - but it was mainly because of the suddenness of the ending and the circumstances surrounding it. In other words, I think the writers did a good job, considering what they were facing.
I got an off-handed impression that there is a chance for a split season (like the Sopranos) if the strike is resolved in a reasonable amount of time. But, from the little action I've heard so far in getting it resolved, that is pretty darned unlikely.

While they said two Heroes would die, we did not actually see one of them die in the explosion - it is possible the person could have gotten out.

Has anyone checked out the Heroes online stuffs? I've not - but it sounds like some of the story is a little more fleshed out with "extra content" (the impression I get is that it is told in comic format, but I could be wrong). Question is: if this is so, who is doing the writing? The original writers? And, isn't that kind of what started this whole strike thing - the writers not getting their share from online materials?
Perhaps I am not looking at this right - or overlooking something obvious. Or simply over-reading this.

My guess is that the writers of the graphic novels do not count as television writers, regardless of whether they also write for TV or not.

BuckeyeRed27
12-04-2007, 01:07 PM
My guess is that the writers of the graphic novels do not count as television writers, regardless of whether they also write for TV or not.

Your guess is exactly right.

I thought last night was pretty good. As said above considering the circumstances and that they had to cut the season short by 10 episodes I thought they did a good job. I also thought the virus thing was very anticlimatic although I'm not sure what they could have done to make it any better.
I'm also excited to have Sylar "back". He is just a really cool bad guy.

Hobo
12-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Spoiler Alert

Also we didn't see Nathan die, perhaps the next season involves Nathan in a coma and Peter trying to find Adam to use his blood to save Nathan. Also what did Ms. Patrelli mean by opening Pandora's box?

savafan
12-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Did the promo actually say that two heroes would die? IIRC, I believe it said that two would fall...

savafan
11-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Anyone still watching this show?

I like what they've done with Sylar, glad that Nikki/Jessica is gone, but wish Ali Larter was gone altogether.

I'm not a big fan of Arthur Petrelli, but I think the show still has promise. Not too excited about what's happened to Mohinder though.

gonelong
11-14-2008, 09:37 AM
Anyone still watching this show?

I like what they've done with Sylar, glad that Nikki/Jessica is gone, but wish Ali Larter was gone altogether.

I'm not a big fan of Arthur Petrelli, but I think the show still has promise. Not too excited about what's happened to Mohinder though.

The First season was excellent. The second season was disappointing (the directors admitted they royally screwed up in season two) so I assume a lot of people dropped the show. Shame, this season is excellent IMO.

I think the show is great ... the whole thin line between who is good and who is evil and how they got there is playing out well IMO.

GL

RichRed
11-14-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm not a big fan of Arthur Petrelli, but I think the show still has promise.

I have a hard time getting past his accent. I keep thinking he's going to talk about how great tiny Ditka is (even though Forster's originally from New York).

Johnny Footstool
11-14-2008, 10:45 AM
I've quit the show. Too many people with powers, and too many of those people are complete and utter morons.

BuckeyeRed27
11-14-2008, 11:24 AM
I love it. This season has been great.

SteelSD
11-14-2008, 04:35 PM
The First season was excellent. The second season was disappointing (the directors admitted they royally screwed up in season two) so I assume a lot of people dropped the show. Shame, this season is excellent IMO.

I think the show is great ... the whole thin line between who is good and who is evil and how they got there is playing out well IMO.

I agree. I kept hoping that season two would get better at some point, but alas, no dice. And I was a bit put off by season three's premiere, but it's really ramped up since (even though I entirely hate what they've done with Mohinder).

And I actually do really like Arthur Petrelli's character. For a season one villian, Sylar was great but Arthur Petrelli is a bit more of an Apocalypse (for X-Men fans) level villian than was Sylar.

And I'm eagerly awaiting next week's continuation of this week's cliffhanger. That was truly unexpected.

MrCinatit
11-14-2008, 06:30 PM
I've been watching it sporadically, but it is not fault of the show. Until a couple of weeks ago, Time Warner was not carrying the local NBC station because of a somewhat known of difference, so I missed a couple of episodes (I did not realize another station was carrying the show until the dispute was almost over). And for some reason last week, a couple of my HD channels decided it was time for a vacation - so I missed another week. I realize the episodes are available streaming...but seeing I spend a lot of time using my computer with the TV on in the background, I find it a bit difficult to reverse the roles.

MINOR SPOILERS BELOW:

I do watch it with every chance I get, but having missed about 1/3 of the episodes, I tend to miss some of the story line. They've introduced some very interesting alternative story lines - I like the bizarro world alternative timeline with an evil cheerleader and so on. Of course, seeing a "good" Sylar was quite good.

Yachtzee
11-15-2008, 10:52 AM
I've quit the show. Too many people with powers, and too many of those people are complete and utter morons.

Yeah, I agree. I stopped watching after a few episodes this season. While they definitely fleshed out Sylar's character a great deal, it seems like a lot of times they just have everybody making the same dumb mistakes just to move the plot along.