PDA

View Full Version : Dunn to have arthroscopic knee surgery tomorrow

Reds Fanatic
09-25-2007, 07:08 PM
According to Trent Rob Butcher has announced Adam Dunn will have arthoscopic knee surgery to be performed by Dr. Kremcheck.

37red
09-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Kremcheck is a busy man

TeamBoone
09-25-2007, 07:27 PM
They just talked about it on the TV game broadcast as well.... said it was not serious. He's having some debris removed.

I do have a question though. Isn't the removal of debris usually the aftermath of previous injury and/or surgery? I'm not aware of either in his case.

REDREAD
09-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Oh great, I have a really bad feeling about this, mainly because the Reds have a history of covering up any kind of injury.. Remember how Kearns missed most of a season due to a "blister" that needed surgery? etc, etc.

Let's hope it is something very minor.

Yachtzee
09-25-2007, 09:57 PM
They just talked about it on the TV game broadcast as well.... said it was not serious. He's having some debris removed.

I do have a question though. Isn't the removal of debris usually the aftermath of previous injury and/or surgery? I'm not aware of either in his case.

Could be a case of some minor fraying of the meniscus, from what I've experienced. As long as it's not a tear, it's nothing crazy.

BuckeyeRedleg
09-25-2007, 10:10 PM
I'm having the same thing scheduled for next week.

Torn lateral miniscus.

paintmered
09-25-2007, 10:21 PM

Torn lateral miniscus.

Maybe you and Adam can get Doc Hollywood to offer a group discount.

KronoRed
09-26-2007, 01:38 AM

Torn lateral miniscus.

So..what's your avg with RISP? :D

Far East
09-26-2007, 08:09 AM
I wonder how the Brewers' management feels about Dunn now not getting a chance to help knock the Cubbies out of first place in that final series.

I can hear, "Couldn't the arthroscopy have waited until season's end?"

BuckeyeRedleg
09-26-2007, 09:51 AM
So..what's your avg with RISP? :D

Not very good, but I'm scrappy and my Mom loves Marty.

Sea Ray
09-26-2007, 11:24 AM
I wonder how the Brewers' management feels about Dunn now not getting a chance to help knock the Cubbies out of first place in that final series.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm betting the Cubs are saying "thank you very much." Our OF of Griffey, Dunn and Hamilton will be not be an issue for Cubs' pitchers this weekend.

TeamBoone
09-26-2007, 06:42 PM

Apparently, it can't.

He already missed a few games because of it. Then, when he did play again, he was taken out of the game early because of it.

Therefore, I would assume he wouldn't be playing the rest of the season either way, so they might as well do it now.

Matt700wlw
09-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Not very good, but I'm scrappy and my Mom loves Marty.

Marty hasn't ripped you :D

Spitball
09-26-2007, 11:48 PM
I believe most outfielders carrying 265 or more pounds over 162 games will likely suffer some knee problems. It is too bad he wasn't more open to moving to first. I believe it would have just taken some effort and willingness.

DoogMinAmo
09-27-2007, 12:22 AM
Food for thought, an interestingly phrased poll question...
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070926/SPT04/309260062

Why is Reds outfielder Adam Dunn such a lightning rod when it comes to criticism? Pick the answer you think is most responsible.

1. He makes too much money for somebody who is not a complete player
2. He doesn't hustle as much as he should
3. He strikes out too much
4. His batting average is low with runners in scoring position
5. He is not a good baserunner
6. He is below average defensively
7. He is too laid-back in his attitude

So far 1,3 &7 are the leaders, in that order.

BoydsOfSummer
09-27-2007, 12:43 AM
Where is the "Marty says so" option? That's the real culprit.

Ron Madden
09-27-2007, 03:22 AM
Where is the "Marty says so" option? That's the real culprit.

BINGO!

Ltlabner
09-27-2007, 07:31 AM
[zombie undead voice] Must Obey Marty...... [/end zombie undead voice]

:eek:

Raisor
09-27-2007, 07:40 AM
Food for thought, an interestingly phrased poll question...
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070926/SPT04/309260062

1. He makes too much money for somebody who is not a complete player
3. He strikes out too much
7. He is too laid-back in his attitude

Reds fans are dopes.

RANDY IN INDY
09-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Speak for yourself.;)

westofyou
09-27-2007, 10:39 AM

Typical response.

Some might ponder why... I don't

Many think Pete Rose is the only player that every earned his money in Cincinnati, he didn't strike out and he sure wasn't laid back (ever had a greenie?)

He is standing behind every person taking that poll who grew up a Reds fan.

A Dunn type of player will never win the fans over completely with his style, they are already imprinted.

Sea Ray
09-27-2007, 12:10 PM
I think the Reds play of late speaks to the value Dunn is to this lineup. This is quietly giving us a glimpse of what 2009 could be w/o Dunn. I think it's safe to assume Griffey's option will not be picked up for 2009.

SunDeck
09-27-2007, 12:29 PM

Torn lateral miniscus.

I have torn lateral meniscus in both knees and it only bothers me when it floats out of place and gets caught in the joint. But I'm not a professional athlete who weighs 260 pounds. This is not a big deal, but it's not the kind of thing that should be left to bother him.

The thing that does worry me is the fact that he's a big guy and his knees take a lot of punishment just from running around. I hope he's smart enough to take good care of his legs.

RedsManRick
09-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Where is the "People are stupid and don't understand how to properly value production" option?

DoogMinAmo
09-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Where is the "People are stupid and don't understand how to properly value production" option?

The question is why is he a lightening rod, as in why do you think people give him so much flak, not whether he deserves it or not. The three leaders make sense, as they seem to be the most often heard gripes.

Far East
09-27-2007, 02:56 PM
I think the Reds play of late speaks to the value Dunn is to this lineup. This is quietly giving us a glimpse of what 2009 could be w/o Dunn. I think it's safe to assume Griffey's option will not be picked up for 2009.
I agree to a point.

But it is not without significance that in addition to being without Dunn and Junior, lately the Reds have also been playing without Freel, Hatteberg and Gonzalez, and more importantly without Hamilton.

Also, '09 will field a mature Votto, perhaps Bruce, and perhaps a Ross more like the '06 version than the '07 one.