PDA

View Full Version : Thursday's Game: National Anthem

GAC
09-27-2007, 08:42 AM
I just found out last night that a buddy at work's wife is singing the National Anthem at tonight's game at GABP. Pretty cool.

They live in Ottawa, Ohio, and their nephew the last three years has been all-state in Legion baseball, so the entire family and relatives are pretty involved. And over the last few years she was asked to sing the NA at a few of the local games. A retired ex-Reds scout who lives in the area, and who is also a close friend to Bob Castellini, heard her sing awhile back and asked her if she would be interested in singing the NA at a Red's game. He made some contacts with the Red's FO and they asked her to submit a demo tape. They contacted her a couple weeks back and asked her if she was available to sing this Thursday.

So there are about 75 from Ottawa taking the trip down tonight.

Do they show the NA being sung on FSN? I wasn't sure.

Chip R
09-27-2007, 09:05 AM
I just found out last night that a buddy at work's wife is singing the National Anthem at tonight's game at GABP. Pretty cool.

They live in Ottawa, Ohio, and their nephew the last three years has been all-state in Legion baseball, so the entire family and relatives are pretty involved. And over the last few years she was asked to sing the NA at a few of the local games. A retired ex-Reds scout who lives in the area, and who is also a close friend to Bob Castellini, heard her sing awhile back and asked her if she would be interested in singing the NA at a Red's game. He made some contacts with the Red's FO and they asked her to submit a demo tape. They contacted her a couple weeks back and asked her if she was available to sing this Thursday.

So there are about 75 from Ottawa taking the trip down tonight.

Do they show the NA being sung on FSN? I wasn't sure.

I don't think they show it but they always have it on the radio.

jojo
09-27-2007, 09:47 AM
BRAVO!!!!!!!!!