PDA

View Full Version : Horrable Radio Show

Ltlabner
09-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Ok....this is mostly a gripe fest. But Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN radio might qualify as one of the radio shows ever.

This morning included a 10 minute conversation about how one Mike could prove that the other Mike couldn't stop thinking about him. Very creepy.

A week or so ago the show had a running conversation about a 'bedazzeled' sweatshirt.

Horrable show.

Chip R
09-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Ok....this is mostly a gripe fest. But Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN radio might qualify as one of the radio shows ever.

This morning included a 10 minute conversation about how one Mike could prove that the other Mike couldn't stop thinking about him. Very creepy.

A week or so ago the show had a running conversation about a 'bedazzeled' sweatshirt.

Horrable show.

As bad as it is, it's better than the Big Dog Tim Lewis.

Unassisted
09-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Just to reassure you that the grass isn't always greener, the Fox Sports Radio morning show isn't much more relevant than what you described.

We don't have a local ESPN Radio affiliate here, but I listen to it sometimes on XM. I prefer some of the shows on ESPN to their counterparts on Fox.

Danny Serafini
09-27-2007, 11:10 AM
I hear promos for Mike & Mike all the time, and never once have I heard one that made me say "That sounds interesting, I'd like to listen to that show." So I haven't.

MaineRed
09-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Maybe I'm way off but I've noticed a resemblance between:

http://thesituationist.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/mike-greenberg.jpeg

and

http://www3.turkishpress.com/i-i/SGE.CGV34.230907110907.photo00.quicklook.default-188x245.jpg

IslandRed
09-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Eh, it could be worse. I listen to it while taking the kids to school, long enough to get my morning sports-news fix. I usually don't turn it on my XM when I get home, though, unless they have a guest coming up I want to hear like Gammons or Mortensen.

The bedazzled thing was silly but at least it had a plausible origin: Greenberg lost a bet and had to wear a Patriots jersey (he's a Jets fan) on the show (it's simulcast on TV). It was a Mike Vrabel #50, and apparently Vrabel's wife took it upon herself to use that cheezy "bedazzler" tool to make it a sequined #50 jersey. Greenberg looked ridiculous, which was the point, I guess.

HotCorner
09-27-2007, 12:18 PM
As bad as it is, it's better than the Big Dog Tim Lewis.

Agreed. I'm just waiting until they can him and replace him with Marc Amazon.

WMR
09-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Yes, Lt, I agree it is a HORRIBLE (;)) show.

ooh, one is a big dumb football player and the other is a skinny little metrosexual nerd... THEY'RE DIFFERENT AND THAT'S WHAT MAKES THEM GREAT. :barf:

Yachtzee
09-27-2007, 01:22 PM
ooh, one is a big dumb football player and the other is a skinny little metrosexual nerd... THEY'RE DIFFERENT AND THAT'S WHAT MAKES THEM GREAT. :barf:

Jack Klugman and Tony Randal were way better.

LoganBuck
09-27-2007, 03:24 PM
I don't listen to them because they are too focused on New York sports, Notre Dame, and uh do they talk about anything else? I do like Colin Cowherd, so I do catch portions of Mike and Mike while waiting for Cowherd.

WMR
09-27-2007, 03:28 PM
I don't listen to them because they are too focused on New York sports, Notre Dame, and uh do they talk about anything else? I do like Colin Cowherd, so I do catch portions of Mike and Mike while waiting for Cowherd.

They talk about... HOW DIFFERENT THEY ARE AND HOW THAT MAKES THEM VERY FUNNY AND ENTERTAINING. lol

pedro
09-27-2007, 03:43 PM

I can't stand Colin Cowherd but I don't mind M&M.

Ltlabner
09-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Cowherd is about the best they have to offer since Dan Patrick left. He's articulate, thinking and while I often don't agree with him, he presents his throughts in an entertaining and straight-forward way.

Mike and Mike. Pablum with zero content except two guys who love to say, "ohhhhh Mike.....yes Greenie.....".

Mostly I hear them when waiting for Cowherd.

HumnHilghtFreel
09-27-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm a big Colin Cowherd fan, I think he's hilarious. He presents himself as such a pompous *** but he lets you know he thinks that he is one too. It makes for entertaining radio.

redsfanmia
09-27-2007, 08:55 PM
I enjoy Cowherd alot, infact I think he is the best thing on sports talk radio. Mike and Mike are ok but a little bit goes a long way and its more for a quick 10 minute listen here and there, they cover basically the same subject over and over. Mike Tirico is just awful in the afternoon slot.

Matt700wlw
09-27-2007, 08:55 PM
At least it's not horrible

:p:

Blimpie
09-27-2007, 09:45 PM
I can't stand Colin Cowherd but I don't mind M&M.I used to be exactly like this...for some reason, I have done a complete 180 as of late.

Now, I kinda appreciate Cowherd's perspective and have grown ever-so-tired of Mike Greenburg's incessant hyperboles.

pedro
09-27-2007, 09:49 PM
I used to be exactly like this...for some reason, I have done a complete 180 as of late.

Now, I kinda appreciate Cowherd's perspective and have grown ever-so-tired of Mike Greenburg's incessant hyperboles.

Cowherd talks about football too much. Who the hell cares about football in may? I sure don't. Plus, he's kind of a jerk.

As for M&M, they're both tools, but they have better guests and talk about a wider range of subjects.

Ltlabner
09-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Cowherd talks about football too much. Who the hell cares about football in may? I sure don't. Plus, he's kind of a jerk.

While I like Cowherd very much, I agree that he's football-centric. And he seems intent on proving that the Pac-10 is better than the SEC. Whether or not that is the case isn't the point. I could care less about football, much less college football so I don't really care what division is the "best".

I don't think he's a jerk, so much as he has an opinion and he isn't afraid to voice it. I know some are put off by someone who is confident of their position, but I wouldn't say he's a jerk.

marcshoe
09-27-2007, 10:04 PM
M&M are insipid. Plenty of shows are actively destructive.

And I find myself tuning in to NPR more and more....

WMR
09-27-2007, 10:22 PM
I enjoy Cowherd alot, infact I think he is the best thing on sports talk radio. Mike and Mike are ok but a little bit goes a long way and its more for a quick 10 minute listen here and there, they cover basically the same subject over and over. Mike Tirico is just awful in the afternoon slot.

DON'T FORGET ABOUT STEVEN A. SMITH IN THE AFTERNOON FOR AN HOUR AFTER MIKE TIRICO!! HE WILL BE USING LOTS OF EXCLAMATION POINTS AND LOUDNESS ON HIS RADIO SHOW!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY ONLY GAVE HIM AN HOUR A DAY!!! I COULD LISTEN 24 HOURS A DAY TO THAT MAN SCREAM!!! I AM YELLING, BY THE WAY!!!!! I'M REALLY SURPRISED HIS METHOD OF "SPEAKING" HASN'T CAUGHT ON!!!

pedro
09-27-2007, 10:27 PM
And I find myself tuning in to NPR more and more....

yup. I listen to 10 times more NPR than I do any sports talk radio, most of which is incredibly bad IMO, M&M included.

GoReds33
09-27-2007, 10:49 PM
I like a little bit of Mike and Mike. I think they have a pretty good show, when you watch it on tv. I can't stand it in the car, or on long drives though. They keep saying the same things.

LoganBuck
09-27-2007, 11:40 PM

I for one think you can never get enough football, especially when the discussion is college football. Truthfully I can't stand ESPN's coverage of Baseball. I hate the Yankees, Mets, and Red Sox, for national dissemination they sure ignore the rest of us.

gilpdawg
09-28-2007, 11:05 PM
There's only one reason to listen to radio in the morning, and that is:

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3595/opieanthu6.jpg

redsfan1966
09-29-2007, 12:50 AM
Amen...amen...Mike & Mike in the Morning is godawful....I am a radio nut...I love listening to different shows and sports talk---but I can not stand these two---especially their annoying commercial reads--"Hey Golic"--"Yesssss, Greenie"---I can not wait until Tony Kornheiser's return on XM in January....may I also add some "kudos" for Opie and Anthony....Fraaaankis

WMR
09-29-2007, 01:28 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/60minutes/20060914/f9aef011d40e75c220729d8178ca412d.jpg

The original and still the best. All others are just a cheap imitation.

WMR
09-29-2007, 01:31 AM
http://z.about.com/d/radio/1/0/-/7/Stern_Let_Drag.jpg

WMR
09-29-2007, 01:33 AM
http://studentdoctor.com.msu.edu/TOMA/images/2008%20Toma%20images/Beetlejuice.jpg

WMR
09-29-2007, 01:35 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7b/Hankthedwarf.jpg

http://www.birthdaypants.com/website/images/articles/midgets/midget09.jpg

http://htomc.dns2go.com/anim/anim/HANK.GIF

WMR
09-29-2007, 01:37 AM
And don't forget HI PITCH!!! :D :D :D

http://www.howardstern.com/dtcms/img/12-13-04---high-pitch-eric-in-thong_57409.JPG

http://www.howardshrine.com/images/high_pitch_eric/HighPitchEric.jpg

guttle11
09-29-2007, 01:40 AM
Never do that again.

WMR
09-29-2007, 01:56 AM
Never do that again.

:laugh:

;)

gilpdawg
09-29-2007, 01:24 PM
I used to like Stern, but to me he sounds tired and old the last few years. Almost like he can't wait to retire. He's still better than 90% of the crap out there though.

lo ryder
09-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Hank was the greatest. RIP.

MaineRed
09-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Howard Stern is one of the biggest idiots on the face of the planet and those pictures do nothing but back that up.

WMR
09-29-2007, 11:28 PM
Howard Stern is one of the biggest idiots on the face of the planet and those pictures do nothing but back that up.

But he doesn't cheat at football.

p.s. BABABOOEY

MaineRed
09-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Well if you want to have a debate about Belichek and Stern, Belicheck isn't at the bottom of the barrell as the lowest form of human scum like Stern.

When it comes to human decency, there is no debate.

WMR
09-30-2007, 10:48 AM
Well if you want to have a debate about Belichek and Stern, Belicheck isn't at the bottom of the barrell as the lowest form of human scum like Stern.

When it comes to human decency, there is no debate.

Maybe you should move to China. Or maybe North Korea? Living in a country that tolerates "human scum" like Howard Stern with his various affronts to "human decency" has got to be tough.

But please, don't allow me to stop you from acting like a pompous, know-it-all ass. That seems to be your consistent posting theme on RZ. Respect for other peoples opinions just isn't in your character make-up.

MaineRed
09-30-2007, 12:09 PM
I gave my opinion of Stern just as you gave yours with the disgusting pictures.

You then for some reason brought up Belicheck. Now after I point out that Belicheck is not a piece of human scum like Stern, you tell me to go move to North Korea?

So because I don't like Stern and because he is tolerated by America I am somehow less American?

I'll glady be the pompous know it all ass who simply stated he doesn't like Howard Stern and that BB isn't as low on the todem pole of scum after you brought up BB. So long as you take responsibity for what you are.

WMR
09-30-2007, 12:36 PM
Nah man it isn't your opinion that rubs me the wrong way, it's the way you deal with people on here. Whether you're saying "only an idiot could think that way" or "you'd have to be dumb to say that" you come across as angry, close-minded, and small.

Go through and re-read your rants against people in the Bill Belichick thread. Better yet, let one of your friends read it and have them explain to you how badly you came across throughout that entire thread, because you yourself seem to be oblivious. Hell, Chip had to threaten to kick you off the site before you simmered down A LITTLE. It's like you cruise around this site just trolling for a fight with somebody.

I suggested China or North Korea because if you think Howard Stern's radio show represents the epitome of human scum and depravity, maybe living somewhere where you'd get to experience actual scum and depravity would make you realize that Howard Stern is not the anti-christ and "worst human being alive" that you are attempting to describe him as.

Newport Red
09-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Just when you thought it couldn't get worse.

Professor Lawnchair and Mr. Insomnia are back

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070928/SPT/309280056/-1/all

Last Updated: 12:32 pm | Friday, September 28, 2007
'Two Angry Guys' returning
BY JOHN KIESEWETTER | JKIESEWETTER@ENQUIRER.COM
The “Two Angry Guys” return to radio Monday morning.

Richard Skinner and Tom Gamble, who did morning sports talk until a year ago, reunite 6-10 a.m. Monday on WFTK-FM (SupertalkFM96.5).

Their show was announced on the SupertalkFM96.5 Web site late this afternoon. Station managers did not expect the page to be posted until the “Angry Guys” debuted Monday, says Jeff Davis, assistant program director.

“It was supposed to be a surprise,” Davis says. He expects the station’s new morning team to be a hit with listeners, and help draw more people to Cincinnati’s first FM all-talk station.

“Ever since Skinner was fired by Clear Channel in May, we’ve been getting e-mails saying, ‘Bring back the Angry Guys.’ There were on morning radio for more than seven years, and people miss them. They were a tradition for many people,” Davis says.

Gamble, a full-time business instructor at Northern Kentucky University, and Skinner could not be reached for comment this evening.

Since 2000, the former Kentucky Post sportswriters hosted morning sports talk on Clear Channel’s WSAI-AM (1360) and WCKY-AM (1530). Before that they worked for WBOB-AM (1160).

A year ago, Clear Channel broke up the team so Gamble could replace Andy Furman, who was fired from WLW-AM’s top-rated “SportsTalk” show. But in March, Gamble voluntarily left “SportsTalk” – and Clear Channel – to spend more time with his young sons. Enquirer sports columnist Paul Daugherty took over “SportsTalk” in April.

Skinner, who had continued to do mornings solo, was fired in May. At the time, Skinner vowed it was “not the end of the ‘Two Angry Guys.’”

Skinner and Gamble replace the low-rated syndicated “Mancow in the Morning” show. Furman, the station’s first and only weekday local host, has talked sports 4-7 p.m. weekdays since January.
Print | Close Window | Copyright 2007, Enquirer.com

redsfan30
09-30-2007, 04:00 PM
I actually really enjoy Mike and Mike.

MWM
09-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Ugh! I haven't lived in Cincy for a few years now, but the Two Angry Guys are about as bad as it gets, other than the garbage put on the air at WLW.

pedro
09-30-2007, 04:12 PM
I really like " The V Show" with Bob Valvano.

MWM
09-30-2007, 04:15 PM
There's no talk radio I really care for at all. I liked Lance there for a while as he seemed like a breath of fresh air, but for some unexplained reason he morphed into pretty much every other know-it-all and arrogant sports talk show host on the air.

Yachtzee
09-30-2007, 04:19 PM
There's no talk radio I really care for at all. I liked Lance there for a while as he seemed like a breath of fresh air, but for some unexplained reason he morphed into pretty much every other know-it-all and arrogant sports talk show host on the air.

The Clear Channel Pod People must have gotten to him.

gilpdawg
09-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Hey, at least this didn't turn into an O&A vs. Stern thread like every thread on Fark, or Digg, or a myriad of sites that mention talk radio. Although I guess I inadvertently started it with my pimping of O&A.