PDA

View Full Version : RB Trade help needed

rotnoid
09-27-2007, 09:20 PM
I've been offered Chad Johnson and DeShaun Foster for Adrian Peterson (Min). My other receivers right now are L. Fitzgerald, H. Ward, I. Bruce and I have Larry Johnson, Marshawn Lynch, Derrick Ward, at RB. I'm leaning toward doing the trade, but I'm not 100% sold on it.

Buckeye33
09-27-2007, 09:48 PM
So you would end up with:

RB1 - LJ
RB2 - Foster
RB3 - Lynch

WR1 - Chad
WR2 - Fitz
WR3 - Ward

I think I would probably make the trade as long as I felt I was solid everywhere else (QB, TE, K, etc)

There is no reason not to think Chad will continue to catch 7+ passes per game for big yardage. Adrian Peterson is still a rookie and an injury risk. As well, Chester Taylor is coming back and will get some carries to take the load off Peterson.

rotnoid
09-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Right, that's what I get back. I'm weak at QB with Brees (bye), Delhomme, and Carr (just added in case Delhomme doesn't play). I have Witten and Shockey at TE and Kaeding is my kicker. If LJ starts producing, I could be sitting pretty after this. I'm just worried about giving up Peterson too soon.

NJReds
09-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Right, that's what I get back. I'm weak at QB with Brees (bye), Delhomme, and Carr (just added in case Delhomme doesn't play). I have Witten and Shockey at TE and Kaeding is my kicker. If LJ starts producing, I could be sitting pretty after this. I'm just worried about giving up Peterson too soon.

I'd do it.

Maybe you could package Shockey and one of your RBs not named LJ to get yourself a more solid #2 back.

kheidg-
09-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Definitely do it. Chester Taylor will be back and stealing carries from Adrian Peterson.

This is a no brainer and the ultimate sell high trade.

Johnny Footstool
09-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Do it!

MWM
09-29-2007, 03:11 PM
The only way I'd hesitate is if you are in a league where you start 3 RBs. IF that's the case, I don't think it's a slam dunk. Otherwise, I'd do it.

I just traded Adrian Peterson. I'm a big believer that he's going to be a stud for years to come. He's just so good. But given the return I had to do it.

rotnoid
10-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I made the trade and scored more points this week than I have all year. Of course, Detroit's defense didn't hurt.