PDA

View Full Version : A great big bowlful of wrong

RFS62
09-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Man, watching all those Cubs fans in GAB is more than I can stand.

And watching Welch interviewing them in the stands is about to make me puke.

And having to run this lineup out there when we have a real shot at keeping these punks out of the playoffs is giving me a sportsfan hernia.

This is sad.

pedro
09-28-2007, 08:28 PM
You what else is a big bowlful of wrong? Apparently George said that Soriano was a better lead off guy than Rickey Henderson. What a fool.

Matt700wlw
09-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Oh, George...

RFS62
09-28-2007, 08:31 PM
You what else is a big bowlful of wrong? Apparently George said that Soriano was a better lead off guy than Rickey Henderson. What a fool.

Oh Dear Lord.... kill me now.

Better than Rickey Henderson. The greatest leadoff hitter of all time.

Thanks George. Thanks for sharing that.

pedro
09-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Oh Dear Lord.... kill me now.

Better than Rickey Henderson. The greatest leadoff hitter of all time.

Thanks George. Thanks for sharing that.

WOY said that Chris's reply was "um.... no."

KronoRed
09-28-2007, 08:34 PM

:confused:

I wonder what logic he has for that one

MrCinatit
09-28-2007, 08:35 PM
It is rather depressing seeing the sea of blue in the stands, instead of a sea of Red.
It has been said before, but I think it needs said again - I hope Bob and Wayne and perhaps Pete are looking at this, and I hope they are looking at this hard. And I hope the words "never again" are at the forefront of their thoughts.

mth123
09-28-2007, 08:40 PM
It is rather depressing seeing the sea of blue in the stands, instead of a sea of Red.
It has been said before, but I think it needs said again - I hope Bob and Wayne and perhaps Pete are looking at this, and I hope they are looking at this hard. And I hope the words "never again" are at the forefront of their thoughts.

I'm guessing that they are saying "sure glad these Cubs fans showed up to bump attendance."

AtomicDumpling
09-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Look at it this way:

Say that 10,000 Cubs fans show up for each of the 3 games this weekend. Say they spend an average of only $40 on tickets and concessions each day. That is $1,200,000 extra the Reds will have available to add to next year's payroll. So basically Cubs fans are allowing us to increase our payroll by 2%. Maybe we can use that extra amount to entice a quality reliever to come to Cincy.

Just trying to think positively.

MrCinatit
09-28-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm guessing that they are saying "sure glad these Cubs fans showed up to bump attendance."

This is true.
Chris talking to a couple of Reds fans who I believe were leaving, because they thought it was "time to get out of Dodge."
Dang it.

wheels
09-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Look at it this way:

Say that 10,000 Cubs fans show up for each of the 3 games this weekend. Say they spend an average of only $40 on tickets and concessions each day. That is $1,200,000 extra the Reds will have available to add to next year's payroll. So basically Cubs fans are allowing us to increase our payroll by 2%. Maybe we can use that extra amount to entice a quality reliever to come to Cincy.

Just trying to think positively.

That would be great if attendance alone actually drove payroll.

That 1.2 Million's already been spent.

Patrick Bateman
09-28-2007, 08:50 PM
That would be great if attendance alone actually drove payroll.

That 1.2 Million's already been spent.

Okay think about it this way:

If not for those Cubs fans who take over GABP, we wouldn't have had the money available to sign someone like Mike Stanton. So the joke is on them.

Wait.... what was the point of this?

BoydsOfSummer
09-28-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm only watching this because it's a long, long time from Sunday until Reds baseball again.

westofyou
09-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Extra innings is great... there are games that matter and less blue on other channels.

I wonder what logic he has for that one

He hits HR's and steals bags.

Tim Raines and Rickey would eat Soriano's lunch every day he stepped on the field with them, he's good, but not in their league.

BTW, thanks to two decades of mismanagement and no cable TV presence outside of Cincinnati the Reds should be used to the Chop or the Blue Meanies invading their stadium. They created the monster, now they'll have to kill it.

The age of Rooters Row and the fervor of the fans on opposing players in Cincinnati is over, it's ESPN flavored front runner BS, day in and day out... yeech.

Falls City Beer
09-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Man, watching all those Cubs fans in GAB is more than I can stand.

And watching Welch interviewing them in the stands is about to make me puke.

And having to run this lineup out there when we have a real shot at keeping these punks out of the playoffs is giving me a sportsfan hernia.

This is sad.

Blow it up, Wayne. Make it the Cubs'.

WVRedsFan
09-28-2007, 11:55 PM
Like many have said, the thing that got me was the almost cheerful mood of George and Chris, interviewing a Harry Caray impersonator in the stands, bragging up the Cubs like the 27 Yanks, and George's comment on every play by Soriano that he was a "near gold glove."

After the fake Harry Caray guy, I turned it off and listened on radio for as long as I could stomach it which wasn't long. From the time Mackanin marched out Coats and Ellison in the outfield to the first batter who went deep on Arroyo, it was a sickening night.

As just as I thought. The bottom third of the llineup consisting of Coats, Ellison, and Arroyo did as I expected. They were 1-9 with Arroyo getting the only hit. Why in the name of George Foster do you even put two guys on the field who couldn't hit their way out of a bumper car ride? Why not just forfeit?

- RANT OFF -

vaticanplum
09-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Luckily, none of us are slated to die very soon. The nice thing about baseball is that it's played every single year.

This is why I find the Olympics so stressful.

wheels
09-29-2007, 12:18 AM
Luckily, none of us are slated to die very soon. The nice thing about baseball is that it's played every single year.

This is why I find the Olympics so stressful.

Nice.

Pretty much sums up my mental state.

BuckWoody
09-29-2007, 12:29 AM
It was worse in person. It'll be worse Saturday night.

wheels
09-29-2007, 12:46 AM
Yeah.

I was thinking about going down there, but now I think I'll just ignore it.

KronoRed
09-29-2007, 01:26 AM
Hope for a monsoon

GAC
09-29-2007, 05:37 AM
I'd like to get my hands on the idiot that gave them directions on how to get from Chicago to Cincy. ;)

MrCinatit
09-29-2007, 07:03 AM
I'd like to get my hands on the idiot that gave them directions on how to get from Chicago to Cincy. ;)

Wasn't me. I told them to go north until they hit ice, then to keep on going.

Knowing "the other team" was in our backyard, in the GABP clubhouse is pretty sickening.
Knowing "the other team" is the Cubs does not make it any better.
Knowing the Cubs are seeing the post season for the third time since the Reds have last been there.....

*sigh*

Wait 'til next year.

Sabo Fan
09-29-2007, 08:12 AM
It was painful to be at the ballpark last night. I can take the losing, but I can't take Cubs fans. Got really sick of seeing the "Wrigley South" or "Wrigley on the River" signs they brought with them. They must have found someone else to make up the signs because all the words were spelled correctly.

Highlight of the evening was the Reds fan with the "Steve Bartman Fan Club" sign. Talked with him for a second and he said he thought he was going to get assaulted when he walked down to his seat. Said he moved up to the upper levels half for safety reasons and half because he wanted to get away from his all Cubs fan section.

All in all it was a pretty bad night be be at the ballpark if you were a Reds fan and the whole experience turns my stomach. Maybe worse was going to GameDay afterwards and being there when Milwaukee lost. It was like being at a bar in Chicago, and I really dislike Chicago.

TeamBoone
09-29-2007, 12:00 PM
As just as I thought. The bottom third of the llineup consisting of Coats, Ellison, and Arroyo did as I expected. They were 1-9 with Arroyo getting the only hit. Why in the name of George Foster do you even put two guys on the field who couldn't hit their way out of a bumper car ride? Why not just forfeit?

I don't like it either, but at this moment, are there any better alternatives?

Also, and I've been wondering this for awhile, why is Javy catching for Arroyo now that Ross is back. I believe he's caught his last 4-5 starts. Not that I'm concerned, just curious because it seemed to be a sort of big deal that Ross was always Arroyo's "personal" catcher of choice.

westofyou
09-29-2007, 12:01 PM
I don't like it either, but at this moment, are there any better alternatives?

No not at all, but it hasn't stopped the ranting about it has it?

Rolando Roomes says hi to them all.

Ltlabner
09-29-2007, 12:37 PM
My father and I are heading down this afternoon.

Our last game of the year. Kinda sad in a way.

But I am definatley NOT looking forward to the Cubs fan crap. Especially since there's been so many tickets sold that we woln't be able to upgrade into the 220-228 section. That section usually cuts down on the riff-raff (God...I sound like Richard from Indian Hill).

Think they' let me bring a goat with me to GABP? Maybe that will scare all of them off?

Matt700wlw
09-29-2007, 12:55 PM
Hope for a monsoon

The rainless weather is back :D

KronoRed
09-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Then hope for so much sun the cubs melt on the field.

vaticanplum
09-29-2007, 01:50 PM
It was painful to be at the ballpark last night. I can take the losing, but I can't take Cubs fans. Got really sick of seeing the "Wrigley South" or "Wrigley on the River" signs they brought with them. They must have found someone else to make up the signs because all the words were spelled correctly.

Ok, that is where the line is drawn. It's just my own fan bitterness to want them not to be here, but the fact is they're supporting their baseball team in a city fairly close to their own and they have every right to come here and be happy. What do I expect them to do, stay away if they have the chance, or come over and celebrate in a whisper? That would just be silly of me.

But there is a line between celebrating your own team and crossing into another's territory, and to claim our freaking ballfield as your own -- and to make SIGNS about it?! Totally classless. Besides, I thought that Wrigley was such a holy shrine of pristine ivy chocolate-covered reverant ecstasy heaven that nothing else could ever be remotely compared to it. These people must not be real Cubs fans.

Sabo Fan
09-29-2007, 04:18 PM
These people must not be real Cubs fans.

It is my experience that there are no "real" Cubs fans. RFS62 posted something a while back that someone has in their signature line that sums up Cubs fans perfectly: "pretentious, know-nothing poseurs." I've dealt with many a Cub fans in my day and I've yet to meet one that genuinely knew what they were talking about when it comes to baseball. They're Cubs fans because they don't know any better. The vast majority of them do it because it seems like the popular thing to do. I knew some people from Chicago who went to Miami when I was there and they admitted as much.

George Anderson
09-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Rolando Roomes says hi to them all.

I usually get your riddles but I'm lost on this one.

vaticanplum
09-29-2007, 04:41 PM
It is my experience that there are no "real" Cubs fans. RFS62 posted something a while back that someone has in their signature line that sums up Cubs fans perfectly: "pretentious, know-nothing poseurs." I've dealt with many a Cub fans in my day and I've yet to meet one that genuinely knew what they were talking about when it comes to baseball. They're Cubs fans because they don't know any better. The vast majority of them do it because it seems like the popular thing to do. I knew some people from Chicago who went to Miami when I was there and they admitted as much.

The bad Cubs fans are just the vocal ones -- and, more often than not, the only ones who can afford to go to Wrigley. I'm good friends with two true blue Cubs fans who hate those "poseurs" as much as I do, and I've met many others in my time, real old-school Northsiders and some Southsiders. I do not know if they're few and far between, but I do know that on a public level they're completely drowned out by the rest of them.

pedro
09-29-2007, 04:44 PM

That's just not true. I know several cubs fans who are every bit as intelligent as any other fan. Not that I don't tell them that most Cubs fans are putz's IMO.

Matt700wlw
09-29-2007, 04:45 PM
The Cubs fans at Wrigley are fine....it's those other ones that people can't stand.

westofyou
09-29-2007, 05:40 PM
I usually get your riddles but I'm lost on this one.

1989, Rolando Roomes, 300 plus ab's... sometimes injuries give you crap, right now the Reds are giving guys ab's, guys that will be remembered alongside Rolando Roomes when their time is up.

Bench ballast who lodge in our skulls and won't go away.

Red in Chicago
09-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Wow, as a Reds fan from Chicago, I think that some of you have some low self esteem issues. If the "sea of blue" bothers you so much, buy a ticket and wear some red! Or buy a ticket to a Wrigley game and proudly wear your red shirt.

wheels
09-29-2007, 07:05 PM
1989, Rolando Roomes, 300 plus ab's... sometimes injuries give you crap, right now the Reds are giving guys ab's, guys that will be remembered alongside Rolando Roomes when their time is up.

Bench ballast who lodge in our skulls and won't go away.

Scotti Madison won't leave my brain.

I bludgeon it with booze and poor choices in women, yet the memories still remain.

1989. What a downer of a year.

Caveat Emperor
09-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Wow, as a Reds fan from Chicago, I think that some of you have some low self esteem issues. If the "sea of blue" bothers you so much, buy a ticket and wear some red! Or buy a ticket to a Wrigley game and proudly wear your red shirt.

It doesn't bother me -- at the end of the day, the Cubs fans will be doing the same thing I will for the World Series: watching some teams I don't care about play baseball.

Next season they should sell all the Cubs games as part of the opening day package to ensure that they sell out to Reds fans.

westofyou
09-29-2007, 09:57 PM

After 1982 it's my least favorite non strike season... as a Reds fan, I did however live in the Bay Area that year and there was plenty of great baseball abounding.... my main problem was I lived in Santa Cruz.

The end if the season sucked.

George Anderson
09-29-2007, 10:51 PM

Oh GGEEEEZZZZZ I cant believe you said Scotti Madison!!! When WOY mentioned players that were called up at the end of the year that really sucked, Scotti Madison was the first one to pop into my mind. I remember watching him play a very brutal third base!!!

westofyou
09-29-2007, 10:58 PM
Oh GGEEEEZZZZZ I cant believe you said Scotti Madison!!! When WOY mentioned players that were called up at the end of the year that really sucked, Scotti Madison was the first one to pop into my mind. I remember watching him play a very brutal third base!!!

Scotti was at 3rd t when I saw them in 1989.. Jeff Richardson at SS too.

Falls City Beer
09-29-2007, 11:16 PM
To me, 89 was just as bad as 82. But really, the last 7 seasons have been the absolute nadir in my lifetime, and my baseball-watching life began for the most part in the 1974 season.

George Anderson
09-29-2007, 11:26 PM
To me, 89 was just as bad as 82. But really, the last 7 seasons have been the absolute nadir in my lifetime, and my baseball-watching life began for the most part in the 1974 season.

Yea the Peter Edward Rose scenario in 89' left a horrible taste in my mouth for baseball the following months after. Since that time I have learned the truth about the lying little snot and am sorry I spent the later part of the 89' season and many seasons there after so bitter!!!

wheels
09-30-2007, 02:00 AM
Whitey Richardson, man.

We lived through that.

This is like child's play.

I remember Paul Oniell being interviewed by someone on the local Columbus media (he's from here), and they were asking him about the Reds' chances what with the Pete Rose thing and all of the injuries (this was in late July).....His answer? "It's just not gonna happen".

What a reality check for a 15 year old.

In 1990 they won a World Series, but I haven't been the same since (as a sports fan, mind you).

StillFunkyB
09-30-2007, 09:40 AM
I am sure BCast, and Co. are more than happy to have this many seats sold. If it were the Pirates here this weekend, the place would be empty.

I hate the Cubs so much, and their stupid fans. If I would have been at the game and someone next to me held up a sign that said anything like "Wrigley South". I have a feeling I would have gotten tossed from the venue.

What made me sick was hearing the crowd roar when the Cubs did something. That place has been 75% Cubs fans this weekend.

Sabo Fan
09-30-2007, 10:07 AM
I am sure BCast, and Co. are more than happy to have this many seats sold. If it were the Pirates here this weekend, the place would be empty.

I hate the Cubs so much, and their stupid fans. If I would have been at the game and someone next to me held up a sign that said anything like "Wrigley South". I have a feeling I would have gotten tossed from the venue.
What made me sick was hearing the crowd roar when the Cubs did something. That place has been 75% Cubs fans this weekend.

I feel the same way. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, that wasn't an option in my case. Seemed wrong to get into it with a 7 year old, Cubs fan or not.

As for there being real Cubs fans out there, I don't doubt it. My point was simply that I've yet to meet one. Maybe once I do it'll change my outlook, but until then I have to go on my own personal experience.

westofyou
09-30-2007, 12:19 PM
A buddy of mine who was born and raised in Cincinnati was at the game last night, he lives in Oakland now. he said this about the Cubs fans.

The place was packed with cubs fans. It was amazing. Reminded me of an Oakland game when the Yankees are in town

He's right.

Ltlabner
09-30-2007, 01:22 PM

I can understand the excitment when your team hits a homer, or a stunning play. But those folks were cheering and clammoring when someone got a single. Or caught a ball. Several times they stood up and gave a standing-O for the team walking on the field.

Maybe I'm just jealous because they are in, and we aren't. But good lord. Hitting a 1 out single with no one on base doesn't strike me as a reason for massive cellibrations.

pedro
09-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Damn them for enjoying themselves and showing enthusiasm.

Big Klu
09-30-2007, 01:26 PM

I bludgeon it with booze and poor choices in women, yet the memories still remain.

After 1982 it's my least favorite non strike season... as a Reds fan, I did however live in the Bay Area that year and there was plenty of great baseball abounding.... my main problem was I lived in Santa Cruz.

The end if the season sucked.

1993 was a bad years as well. Greg Tubbs, Tim Costo, Brian Koelling, Keith Kessinger, Tommy Gregg, Cesar Hernandez.... :(

Ltlabner
09-30-2007, 01:34 PM

It wasn't that they were enjoying themselves and showing enthusiasm. It was the whole vibe that they had acomplished some amazing feat of baseball historical signifigence by hitting a single. Actually being at the game, and not across the country, it was sorta annoying.

KittyDuran
09-30-2007, 07:16 PM
At today's game once when the Cub fans started chanting "Let's go Cubbies"... a recorded voice came over the PA system saying something like "Now stop it, stop it right now". :)

pedro
09-30-2007, 07:42 PM
It wasn't that they were enjoying themselves and showing enthusiasm. It was the whole vibe that they had acomplished some amazing feat of baseball historical signifigence by hitting a single. Actually being at the game, and not across the country, it was sorta annoying.

I'm sure it was. I've had to suffer through a lot of "tomahawk chops" so I know the feeling of being annoyed at the game.

westofyou
09-30-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm sure it was. I've had to suffer through a lot of "tomahawk chops" so I know the feeling of being annoyed at the game.

I was in a "Chop" Zone at Riverfront around 1993,other bands of fools have tried to take the tranquil settings of a losing park away from Reds fans before.

During the Rockies game this afternoon the Rockies announcers pondered how many fans at the DBacks opening game would be Cubs fans. The consensus... a lot.

MWM
09-30-2007, 08:06 PM

I totally get where you're coming from, but unless you've experienced Cubs fans at GAB, it's hard to understand the animosity. They're different.

I tend to think most fans are the same anywhere you go. The Cubs and one other fanbase (non-baseball) has my experience been different. The other one I'm not going to mention for fear of tar and feathering.

paintmered
09-30-2007, 09:05 PM
I totally get where you're coming from, but unless you've experienced Cubs fans at GAB, it's hard to understand the animosity. They're different.

I tend to think most fans are the same anywhere you go. The Cubs and one other fanbase (non-baseball) has my experience been different. The other one I'm not going to mention for fear of tar and feathering.

I agree. They really are different and it's not in a good way. Cubs fans are in a league of their own. Their overall behavior is nothing to be proud of. I could respect them if they were tactful and not conceited (despite having no reason to be so) in their fanfare.

GAC knows my response to crossing paths with a Cubs fan. ;)

StillFunkyB
09-30-2007, 09:10 PM

Pedro, your absolutely right.

It just hurts me stomach to see it happen here in Cincinnati.

Oh, and Sabo Fan... I might have said a remark or two to the 7 year old's parents.

vaticanplum
09-30-2007, 09:40 PM
At today's game once when the Cub fans started chanting "Let's go Cubbies"... a recorded voice came over the PA system saying something like "Now stop it, stop it right now". :)

There were a few fans in front of me today with a big Cubs sign, and Gapper walked by, yanked it down, threw it in the aisle nearby, and walked away. It was priceless.

But all the Cubs fans around me were very good-natured about it, and very good-natured in general. I lived three blocks from Wrigley Field, I know precisely how obnoxious Cubs fans can be. Worse than I've encountered from any other fan in any sport. But I did not run into these people this weekend. They were quite well-behaved and they celebrated as they should, happily.

Let's face it, it's good-natured because the Reds are not very good at baseball at the moment. If these teams were truly competitive there'd be worse blood -- but I'd take it.

cincrazy
09-30-2007, 10:06 PM
This weekend was one of the most disappointing weekends in my life as a Reds fan. And that's a strong, strong, strong statement.

TeamBoone
09-30-2007, 10:33 PM
The thing is, Cubs fans are pretty much the same all the time... annoying. Even when they're losing (which they've done a whole lot more of than winning).

I know only one Cub fan that I truly like; in fact, he's one of the sweetest, most fun people I've ever met.

Caveat Emperor
10-01-2007, 12:55 AM
There were a few fans in front of me today with a big Cubs sign, and Gapper walked by, yanked it down, threw it in the aisle nearby, and walked away. It was priceless.

What was with all the "W" signs? Seeing lots of people dressed in blue supporting "W" on TV really threw my political circuits for a loop.

George Anderson
10-01-2007, 01:03 AM
What was with all the "W" signs? Seeing lots of people dressed in blue supporting "W" on TV really threw my political circuits for a loop.

The Cubs fly a W flag at home after a win.

BuckWoody
10-01-2007, 09:16 AM
We were at the game on Friday and I expected the absolute worst. Like most here I have a nice healthy dislike for Cubs fans and with good reason. It reminded me of one of those Bengals-Steelers games from the dark days when the stadium would be full of opposing fans and my team was powerless to do anything on the field except be overmatched. As far as percentage of enemy fans in the stands, Friday was the worst. It seemed like well over half the fans were Cubs fans. I don't think it ever got quite that bad with the Bengals....close, but not quite.

I will say this, though, all the Cubs people around us were very well-behaved. They cheered very loudly for their team but none were ever out of line. No "Reds suck" or "We own this town" type things. No drunken 20-somethings screaming beer-fueled obscenities at small children. That was nice...kind of.

Roy Tucker
10-01-2007, 09:48 AM
I think this weekends' Cubs invasion stinks as bad as the next Reds fan.

But it comes down to this... The Cubs won the NL Central. The Reds came in 5th, 72-90. Whatever kind of fans they are, Cubs fans came down in droves to GABP, bought tickets, and cheered loudly for their team. Many Reds fans stayed away. And when it mattered, the Cubs kicked the Reds' tail ends. End of story.

If BCast, WK, Mackanin, the Reds, etc. didn't like it, then they need to put a better team on the field that will be in contention on the last day of the season. Otherwise, the only fans that will be willing to show up on the last weekend of the season will be the opposing teams fans.

vaticanplum
10-01-2007, 11:14 AM
The Cubs fly a W flag at home after a win.

Which was another priceless nod by the Reds' staff -- at the end, an electronic identical flag with a big RED "W" was flown on the scoreboard. The Reds did a good job with the subtle jabs yesterday.

Falls City Beer
10-01-2007, 11:59 AM
I think this weekends' Cubs invasion stinks as bad as the next Reds fan.

But it comes down to this... The Cubs won the NL Central. The Reds came in 5th, 72-90. Whatever kind of fans they are, Cubs fans came down in droves to GABP, bought tickets, and cheered loudly for their team. Many Reds fans stayed away. And when it mattered, the Cubs kicked the Reds' tail ends. End of story.

If BCast, WK, Mackanin, the Reds, etc. didn't like it, then they need to put a better team on the field that will be in contention on the last day of the season. Otherwise, the only fans that will be willing to show up on the last weekend of the season will be the opposing teams fans.

Stuff like the Cubs' descending upon GAB should be a call to action for the front office. But it never is.

KittyDuran
10-01-2007, 12:25 PM
From Lance's blog...

What I don't get is all the fuss over the Cubs' fans coming to town. I think it's safe to say those tickets were fair game for Reds fans to purchase as well....correct? So the Cubs' fans bought them and Reds fans chose not to. How is that on the Cub fans? We saw this coming weeks ago....and what was done about it? Nothing. If we really don't like seeing 20,000 fans in town rooting for the other team and walking around downtown....then buy the tickets instead of them. Seems like a simple concept. Otherwise, thanks them for the boost in the economy. What this really comes down to is whether all of this embarrasses Bob Castellini or has him counting profits from this weekend.

Chip R
10-01-2007, 12:29 PM
What I don't get is all the fuss over the Cubs' fans coming to town. I think it's safe to say those tickets were fair game for Reds fans to purchase as well....correct? So the Cubs' fans bought them and Reds fans chose not to. How is that on the Cub fans? We saw this coming weeks ago....and what was done about it? Nothing. If we really don't like seeing 20,000 fans in town rooting for the other team and walking around downtown....then buy the tickets instead of them. Seems like a simple concept. Otherwise, thanks them for the boost in the economy. What this really comes down to is whether all of this embarrasses Bob Castellini or has him counting profits from this weekend.

Good point. I don't like them coming here but we can buy those tickets up as easy as they can.