PDA

View Full Version : Does Adam Dunn want to stay in Cincinnati?

AmarilloRed
09-29-2007, 01:11 AM
Talked to Dunn for a little bit. He said his knee had been hurting him all season, even back to last season. He thought he could rehab through it, but it continued to hurt through the season. He said the toughest thing was stopping, that's why he ran into the wall a lot this year, because it was the easiest way to stop himself. Also, he said he hopes the Reds pick up his option, he wants to be a Red -- even if people don't want him to be one.

I copied that from C. Trent Rosecrans. Good news for the Reds-It sounds like he not only wants the Reds to pick up the option, it sounds like he hopes there will be an extension. Interesting that he thought people didn't want him to be a Red.

Degenerate39
09-29-2007, 01:44 AM
Shouldn't the title of the thread be Adam Dunn wants to stay in Cincinnati

jimbo
09-29-2007, 01:52 AM
He said his knee had been hurting him all season, even back to last season. He thought he could rehab through it, but it continued to hurt through the season. He said the toughest thing was stopping, that's why he ran into the wall a lot this year, because it was the easiest way to stop himself.

Wasn't there a thread earlier where a few suggested this?

ChatterRed
09-29-2007, 02:36 AM
I've changed my mind on Adam. He isn't the problem. The problem is the rest of the team. His numbers are equal or just below Ryan Howard's, and Philly thinks Howard is the bomb.

If he continues to play 150 games plus and put up this season's numbers..........no argument here.

WMR
09-29-2007, 04:50 AM
Per Trent:

"Talked to Dunn for a little bit. He said his knee had been hurting him all season, even back to last season. He thought he could rehab through it, but it continued to hurt through the season. He said the toughest thing was stopping, that's why he ran into the wall a lot this year, because it was the easiest way to stop himself. Also, he said he hopes the Reds pick up his option, he wants to be a Red -- even if people don't want him to be one."

You are THE MAN, Adam.

Anyone who doesn't appreciate what you bring to the table doesn't really understand what makes a player valuable in this day and age of professional baseball.

You are going to be in Cooperstown one day, good sir, and I hope and pray your bust is sporting the crooked C of the Cincinnati Reds.

Best of luck to you this off-season, big guy, and congratulations on yet ANOTHER phenomenal season. :)

jmac
09-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Dunn needs to realize there are fans who do want him in Cincy.
I have thought for a long time that Dunn seemed like the kind of player that may sign an extension for a lesser price than he could get on the open market. Personally, I hope they do !

Redlegs
09-29-2007, 10:25 AM
I've changed my mind on Adam. He isn't the problem. The problem is the rest of the team. His numbers are equal or just below Ryan Howard's, and Philly thinks Howard is the bomb.

If he continues to play 150 games plus and put up this season's numbers..........no argument here.

I couldn't agree more. I was wrong about Adam Dunn as well. The numbers he puts up compared to his salary equals to a bargain in today's baseball pay structure. Hope they keep him next year and beyond.

jnwohio
09-29-2007, 10:34 AM
They need to do more than pick up his option. They need to extend him thru a similar time period to what they have Harang and Arroyo lined up for.

They are probably going to have to make a trade that hurts a little to get the relief help they need. However if Dunn is a certainty for 3 or 4 more years, that trade is going to hurt a lot less.

AmarilloRed
09-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Shouldn't the title of the thread be Adam Dunn wants to stay in Cincinnati

There have been a couple of people who have suggested Adam wants to leave Cincinnati; so I gave it the title I did. I think either title would have been fine, though

Chi-Town Red
09-29-2007, 04:55 PM
do whatever it takes to keep him

GoReds33
09-29-2007, 06:28 PM
do whatever it takes to keep himAbsolutly. I love this guy's attitude. Atleast he's not like Griffey, talking about how he would love to go back to Seattle. If we can get Dunn locked into an extension, then by all means, do it.:)

Degenerate39
09-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Since he's been out I think we've all seen what would happen if they didn't keep Dunn and Griffey/Hamilton get injured. Not a pretty site.

bigredmechanism
09-29-2007, 08:30 PM
fine, hes not alex rodriguez, but surely hes one of the more solid hitters in the majors. and dont call me shirley. hes been trying to improve, and HAS. 40 home runs a year, 100 rbis, walks more than kiefer sutherland is about to, seems to have a good head on his shoulders (albeit not much upstairs, but hey look at yogi berra), and rarely gets injured (this year was not a likely scenario)
keep him. whatever they gotta do to keep him, do it.

Chi-Town Red
09-29-2007, 09:34 PM
lots of love for Dunner...quite a turnaround from 3 months ago....

Degenerate39
09-29-2007, 10:08 PM
lots of love for Dunner...quite a turnaround from 3 months ago....

The end of the world must be near

SMcGavin
09-29-2007, 11:30 PM

Good to have you on board. I hope more Reds fans come to the same conclusion you do.

AmarilloRed
09-30-2007, 12:35 AM
He seems to have elevated his game this year; he has forced the Reds to pick up the option and start talking about an extension.

ThirdBaseCoach
09-30-2007, 05:56 PM
yes

Degenerate39
09-30-2007, 06:57 PM
He seems to have elevated his game this year; he has forced the Reds to pick up the option and start talking about an extension.

Imagine what kind of year he would've had if he hadn't had the knee problems.

gedred69
09-30-2007, 07:45 PM
Having waft between being pro and con Dunn, I now say pick up the option, and if you don't use that as trade bait after the term period, (some time in May/June?), re-up for what would be significant $$. He definitely alters how the guys around him get pitched to. I suspect his desire to stay here has many bases, but I also suspect he knows this team is just a couple of parts away from a serious run at a BIG ring. That's what all true players want, isn't it?