PDA

View Full Version : I finally understand...

Sean_CaseyRules
09-30-2007, 12:01 AM
The reason why all Reds fans hate Cubs fans....

I went to the game today, and I finally realized why everyone hates them. They are loud and obnoxious.... But the Reds fans to Cubs fans ratio did not help at all. I am glad I can understand the hatred finally.

Screwball
09-30-2007, 02:14 AM
Yep. I pretty much equate them to Steeler fans - although Steeler fans have a team that's actually won something in the last 98 years.

Chi-Town Red
09-30-2007, 09:07 AM
try going to Wrigley field...this is brutal, here in Chicago, its like they already won the world series....try working with Cubs fans...sickening

scuba17
09-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Real Cubs fan here...apparently according to some around here I don't exist.

Currently in a Covington hotel, have attended both games and will go again today. I have enjoyed the Games, but not acted like an idiot either. Did I cheer when Lee/Soriano hit HR's? Sure I did. This is an exciting time to be a Cubs fan. Why wouldn't I come to these games?

I understand the resentment you guys have for some, but believe it or not there are a lot of people just like me. Good fans who want to see their team play.

The Reds are making alot of money this weekend due to the Cubs, so is the city.

If they are seats avaialble, the Cubs fans will come. Maybe that will change if the Reds improve and more fans show up. But I still remember lots of Cubs fans in Cincy even in the years when the Reds were strong.

In short, I've enjoyed my time here this weekend. I hate being lumped into a category.

DannyB
09-30-2007, 12:27 PM
I don't hate Cubs fans.
I would like to have some of what they are having.

Newport Red
09-30-2007, 01:29 PM
I don't hate Cubs fans.
I would like to have some of what they are having.

Right. And if the Reds hadn't taken the eighth inning off this year, this thread would probably not exist.

Let them enjoy, they earned it.

That said. I still hope they make an early exit.

GoReds33
09-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Somebody please tell me why the stupid sign in the bleachers wasn't ripped down yesterday? That just disgusts me. If I was there I would have lit it on fire.

ThirdBaseCoach
09-30-2007, 05:55 PM
cub fans do not own shoes, have few teeth in their heads, and are missing fingers on both hands.

Screwball
09-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Somebody please tell me why the stupid sign in the bleachers wasn't ripped down yesterday? That just disgusts me. If I was there I would have lit it on fire.

What did it say?

ChatterRed
09-30-2007, 06:21 PM
It could be worse. You could be a Mets fan.

gedred69
09-30-2007, 06:50 PM
The reason why all Reds fans hate Cubs fans....

I went to the game today, and I finally realized why everyone hates them. They are loud and obnoxious.... But the Reds fans to Cubs fans ratio did not help at all. I am glad I can understand the hatred finally.

A major reason there weren't too many Reds fans there was because none of us like to put up with the obnoxious Cubs fans. I have commented on this many times in the past, and even had an exchange with a Cubs fan on THIS site about it! Knowing Cards and Brewers fans, they feel the same way about Cubs fans. By the way, I enjoy Cards and Brewers fans when they are in town. Decent, and knowledgeable baseball people.

Newport Red
09-30-2007, 06:53 PM
A major reason there weren't too many Reds fans there was because none of us like to put up with the obnoxious Cubs fans. I have commented on this many times in the past, and even had an exchange with a Cubs fan on THIS site about it! Knowing Cards and Brewers fans, they feel the same way about Cubs fans. By the way, I enjoy Cards and Brewers fans when they are in town. Decent, and knowledgeable baseball people.

Wow, it's pretty easy to scare some Reds fans from the stadium.

gedred69
09-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Wow, it's pretty easy to scare some Reds fans from the stadium.

We are talking about the last game of a dissappointing season, when everyone knows Cubs fans are going to be a significant part of those attending. Do you expect us to endure this just because we are Reds fans? Do you go to games all season long against the Cubs? Do you know how rude and obnoxious they are over their "bought" team? Go to a Reds game at Wrigley field and act like they do here, and you'll be missing some teeth.

Bartman for Alderman:)

Newport Red
09-30-2007, 07:17 PM
We are talking about the last game of a dissappointing season, when everyone knows Cubs fans are going to be a significant part of those attending. Do you expect us to endure this just because we are Reds fans? Do you go to games all season long against the Cubs? Do you know how rude and obnoxious they are over their "bought" team? Go to a Reds game at Wrigley field and act like they do here, and you'll be missing some teeth.

Bartman for Alderman:)

Drunken, yuppie, woosies. Bartman made it out no worse than reeking of beer.

Yes, I've been to plenty of Red's games against the Cubs, this year,not the final three. They're loud and blustery. Hardly a reason to avoid supporting the home team at the stadium.

And I do hope to visit Wrigley in the near future to loot my Redlegs on to victory with a beer in hand and vocal cords primed.

GoReds33
09-30-2007, 07:22 PM
What did it say?I don't remember. It was just a huge Cubs sign, that was hanging over the tunnel, where you go back to the vendors and stuff. My view is that this is our ballpark. If you want to have a huge Cubs sign, then bring it to a game at Wrigley. Don't bring it here!

gedred69
09-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Drunken, yuppie, woosies. Bartman made it out no worse than reeking of beer.

Yes, I've been to plenty of Red's games against the Cubs, this year,not the final three. They're loud and blustery. Hardly a reason to avoid supporting the home team at the stadium.

And I do hope to visit Wrigley in the near future to loot my Redlegs on to victory with a beer in hand and vocal cords primed.

Sorry, but I'm not a maschocist. Smile real big when you return.
(I assume by "loot" you meant root). Go get 'em tigger, I wish you the best.

Newport Red
09-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Sorry, but I'm not a maschocist. Smile real big when you return.
(I assume by "loot" you meant root). Go get 'em tigger, I wish you the best.

Honestly, there are plenty of Reds fans living in Chicago and they look forward to watching the Reds play in Wrigley.

Give it a shot. Chicago is a great town. Enjoy yourself.

Jack Burton
09-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Right. And if the Reds hadn't taken the eighth inning off this year, this thread would probably not exist.

Let them enjoy, they earned it.

That said. I still hope they make an early exit.

I wouldn't say getting swept by the marlins in the second to last series of the year is 'earning it'. I hope they get swept in the first round.

scuba17
10-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Would having the best record in the NL since June be considered earning it?

scounts22
10-01-2007, 10:12 AM
I attended the game on Saturday. It was probably the worst baseball experience I've ever had. Cubs fans are classless. While I will acknowledge there are some decent and knowledgeable fans among them (we met one at the bar later that night), they are FEW and far between.

I understand they are excited about making it to the post season, however, it's crossing the line when you are the visitors in a stadium and you boo the home team. That's right, there were people booing when the Reds took the field at the start of the game. Not only that, they continued to be rude and obnoxious throughout the entire game, making comments about how the Reds suck among other things. Thank God for alcohol, because I don't know if I would have made it through the entire game without it.

There was, I guess, an upside to them being in town. They did generate a lot of money for the city, and maybe, just perhaps, they brought enough in for us to acquire another starter so that when we play them next year, we can kick their sorry :mooner::mooner:. They are delusional enough to think they are going to make it out of the first round of playoffs, and that makes me laugh.

Congratulations, Cubs fans. Congratulations for sweeping the AA Marlins and on beating our AAA team 2 out of 3 times this weekend.

foxfire123
10-03-2007, 08:39 PM
We were at the games Friday and Saturday. Sure wish the boys would have *shown up* and PLAYED rather than making it obvious they were already planning their winter vacations.... I spent a lot of money in Cinci this weekend, all I expected out of the team was good play--we got lackadasial outfielding, wimpy hitting and poor support of a nice pitching effort by Harang. I'm tempted to send Castellini the bills....

That being said, we still had a good time, and the only objection I had to the Cubbies fans were those damn "W" flags. We had a good time on the walk over and back from Covington chatting with various Cubs fans, and frankly, for all the disappointment I felt in our boys' play, I was and still am happy for the Cubs. Better them than the freakin' Cardinals.

You want lousy, loud mouth obnoxious fans? Try being a Reds fan in St Louis. For all their self proclaimed "best fans in baseball" status, they're just flat out ignorant 99% of the time.