PDA

View Full Version : Award Picks/Predictions

CaiGuy
10-01-2007, 12:24 PM
My picks:

AL MVP
Alex Rodrigez NYY
He easily had the best offensive year in the league.

NL MVP
Matt Holiday COL
Great 1.000+ OPS for contending team. The media will like his Batting Title and RBI totals.

AL Cy Young
CC Sabathia CLE
This is a tough one, because there are several deserving pitchers you could make an argument for. (Josh Becket, Lackey, Santana, Kazmir, ect.)

NL Cy Young
Jake Peavy SDG
Hands down, 'nuff said

AL ROY
Dustin Pedroia
.380 OBP + good glove

NL ROY
Troy Tulowitzki
Great all-around year for a good team

What are your picks?

(also I know their are many more awards, please cover more)

RedsManRick
10-01-2007, 01:20 PM
My picks and (My Prediction of who will win)

AL MVP
A-Rod (A-Rod)
Duh. I'm just happy the Tigers didn't make it. Because as great of a season as Mags has had, this isn't even close.

NL MVP
Prince Fielder (Wright)
The Phillies will split their votes, Holliday will be dismissed b/c of Coors, and Wright will get dismissed b/c of their collapse. Fielder wins by a small margin over a very tight field.

AL Cy Young
CC Sabathia (Beckett)
People like him more than Beckett. Haters will snub the Sox. Both are derserving. I personally give the nod to Beckett since he plays in a better offensive division and a hitters park.

NL Cy Young
Jake Peavy (Peavy)
You win the pitching triple crown, you win the Cy Young. Ask Aaron Harang, the ERA is a big deal.

AL ROY
Dustin Pedroia (Pedroia)
It's a close race with a number of deserving candidates. The guy who will get the least votes relative to what he deserves is KC closer Joakim Soria. Dude was flat out dominant.

NL ROY
Ryan Braun (Tulowitzki)
Right or wrong, I don't like giving out ROY based on flukish numbers. Braun isn't this good and his mlb worst defensive erodes a good deal of that offensive value. Tulo is the complete package, though his offensive is a bit overrated as witnessed by his .364/.299 home/road BABIP split. Coors loves line drive hitters.

M2
10-01-2007, 01:58 PM
My picks would be:

NL MVP - Matt Holliday
My apologies for ever wondering why he made the U.S. roster for the Baseball World Cup.

AL MVP - Alex Rodriguez
With the caveat that no one carries more of the load for his team than Vlad Guerrero.

NL Cy Young - Jake Peavy
Should be a unanimous pick.

AL Cy Young - C.C. Sabathia
The innings swing it for me.

NL ROY - Ryan Braun
Nothing against Tulowitzki, but Braun's stick is superhuman. That he may not play 3B long term won't prevent him from terrorizing pitchers for the next decade.

AL ROY- Dustin Pedroia
I love watching him play the game.

NJReds
10-01-2007, 02:26 PM
My prediction (my choice)

NL MVP - Prince Fielder (Rollins)
I think Fielder will win the award because some writers will hold Holliday's home/road splits against him and chalk up his numbers to the Coors Field factor. I would vote for Jimmy Rollins - great offense, gold-glove defense at SS.

AL MVP - Alex Rodriguez (ARod)
Nobody's close.

NL Cy Young - Jake Peavy (Peavy)
See ARod...really, he's ahead of the pack.

AL Cy Young - Josh Beckett (Sabathia)
I think the ESPN bias kicks in here. He had a good year, but Sabathia was better. Lackey had a great year, too. Should be a close race.

NL ROY - Tulowitzki (Tulowitzki)
I think Tulowitzki edges Braun. The fact that he played the full season and played a solid SS give him a slight edge. I think Braun's hitting is amazing, though. If he started the year in Milwaukee, he's probably ROY and the Brewers might be in the playoffs.

AL ROY- Dustin Pedroia (Pedroia)
He started hitting and never really stopped. Props to Brian Bannister, though.

NL Manager of the Year - Lou Piniella (Bob Melvin)
Sweet Lou will get the votes. But Bob Melvin did an incredible job in AZ.

AL Manager of the Year - Eric Wedge (Joe Torre)
I think Wedge wins a three-horse race w/Torre and Scoiscia. I'd vote for Torre, because he held the group together when they were 15-1/2 games out and there were reports that he was going to get canned.

Highlifeman21
10-01-2007, 03:33 PM
My picks would be:

NL MVP - Matt Holliday
My apologies for ever wondering why he made the U.S. roster for the Baseball World Cup.

AL MVP - Alex Rodriguez
With the caveat that no one carries more of the load for his team than Vlad Guerrero.

NL Cy Young - Jake Peavy
Should be a unanimous pick.

AL Cy Young - C.C. Sabathia
The innings swing it for me.

NL ROY - Ryan Braun
Nothing against Tulowitzki, but Braun's stick is superhuman. That he may not play 3B long term won't prevent him from terrorizing pitchers for the next decade.

AL ROY- Dustin Pedroia
I love watching him the game.

This is how I see it as well. Had Hunter Pence not missed time being injured, he would win the ROY over Braun.

RFS62
10-01-2007, 08:21 PM
NL MVP - Prince Fielder

AL MVP - Alex Rodriguez

NL Cy Young - Jake Peavy

AL Cy Young - Josh Beckett

NL ROY - Ryan Braun

AL ROY- Dustin Pedroia