PDA

View Full Version : Mets apologize....

StillFunkyB
10-01-2007, 07:31 PM
I purchased a ticket to a Mets game last summer, so I get their emails all the time....

Dear Mets Fan:

All of us at the Mets are bitterly disappointed in failing to achieve our collective goal of building upon last year's success. We did not meet our organization's expectations -- or yours. Everyone at Shea feels the same range of emotions as you -- our loyal fans -- and we know we have let you down. We wanted to thank you for your record-breaking support of our team this year.

Equally important, Ownership will continue its commitment in providing the resources necessary to field a championship team. Omar will be meeting with Ownership shortly to present his plan on addressing our shortcomings so that we can achieve our goal of winning championships in 2008 and beyond.

You deserve better results.

Many thanks again for your record-breaking support.

This was the email I received today.

vaticanplum
10-01-2007, 11:36 PM
I got the same e-mail from the Reds.

Oh wait, no I didn't.

edit: this post sounds a little bitter. i don't mean it to be, the Reds and Mets are very different teams. I just grabbed a cheap joke.

kheidg-
10-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread about Schoenweis and steroids. Figured we could just change the title of this one to Schoenweis/Mets apologize.

BoydsOfSummer
10-01-2007, 11:52 PM
As a Mets fan, were you appeased, FunkyB?

Tom Servo
10-01-2007, 11:54 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread about Schoenweis and steroids. Figured we could just change the title of this one to Schoenweis/Mets apologize.
I just read this after I made a Schoenweis thread. :oops:

RedsManRick
10-02-2007, 12:37 AM
Don't apologize, just give me back the extra money that my tickets cost after you raised prices.

oneupper
10-02-2007, 08:44 AM
This is silly. Winning and losing are part of the game.
Baseball doesn't come with service agreements or performance warranties.

This apologizing stuff is starting to become a trend...and I don't like it.

It's as if certain teams fans are "entitled" (and therefore others are not).

Nugget
10-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Having just moved to New York and the office and meeting some Mets fans I think this apology is more due to the meltdown at the end of the season - I think they lost 11 out of 14 or somthing like that against the Nationals and the Marlins. On top of that the Yankees come back to make it into the playoffs. That may have been the brink of it rather than another losing season from a team who was predicted to finish last in the division. As much as everyone likes to think all baseball teams are equal we know they are not. I am sure that the Nationals probably send out an email saying that they are overwhelmed with the support and that this has been a successful year and hope to build on it next year.

traderumor
10-02-2007, 02:42 PM
This is silly. Winning and losing are part of the game.
Baseball doesn't come with service agreements or performance warranties.

This apologizing stuff is starting to become a trend...and I don't like it.

It's as if certain teams fans are "entitled" (and therefore others are not).
Agreed. Apologies are for offenses that are within your control. Unless you are the Patriots ;) or on the right side of a certain NBA ref :p: or a privileged Texas A&M alum :) , the outcomes of a certain stretch of the season is not one of those offenses.

Imagine the letters the '75 Reds would have had to send out after losing its 3rd WS in 5 years but for a bloop pitch and a bloop hit.