10-01-2007, 09:12 PM
The Rockies:

Hit For Power (I'll give the Reds that)

Play Great Defense

Go With The Pitch With Two Strikes

Are NOT Fast Base Runners But Are Smart On The Paths

redsfanmia
10-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Dont forget they play with heart and look like they want to be on the field unlike the Reds.

goreds2
10-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Dont forget they play with heart and look like they want to be on the field unlike the Reds.

You got me there. :(

GoReds33
10-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Dont forget they play with heart and look like they want to be on the field unlike the Reds.I don't agree with this comment. There are many players on the Reds that act like they want to be there, and play with tons of heart. None will ever match the effort that Pete Rose put forth on a nightly bases. When a player is an average player, like Hopper, Freel, and Keppinger, and they put heart into what they do they become above average. I once wrote an article about heart. I ended it by saying "The talented players get by with the talent that god gave them, but the true warriors get by with what god gave us all, heart.":)

goreds2
10-14-2007, 08:11 PM
The Rockies:

Play Great Defense

I seem to be more closely watching the "going with the pitch" function in the playoffs. All four of the remaining teams do this especially with an above pitcher on the mound. I hope Dusty Baker can instill this in the 2008 team. :)

TC81190
10-14-2007, 08:16 PM
They are who we thought we were?

mole44
10-14-2007, 09:26 PM
They are who we thought we were?
We let em off the hook!

GoReds33
10-14-2007, 10:18 PM
We let em off the hook!If you want to crown em, then crown their...:)

AmarilloRed
10-15-2007, 01:20 AM
I watched some of the game tonight. The Diamondbacks had runners on in the first 3 innings, but the Rockies kept getting out of trouble by turning double plays. It really is all about the defense. The Rockies are going to go to the World Series because of their defense, and if Krivsky can make the Reds defense as good as the Twins like he is attempting to do, we might see the Reds in a World Series in the next 5 years. They will have to find some pitching first though.

jimbo
10-15-2007, 01:27 AM
The Rockies are just on a mission and it is really fun to watch.

GoReds33
10-15-2007, 06:41 PM
The Rockies:

Play Great Defense

I think when you wrote this you were forgetting one thing. This year we had much better defense. They tied the record for least errors for the Reds in a season. They are on the way to being a very good defensive team.:)

goreds2
10-15-2007, 09:56 PM
I think when you wrote this you were forgetting one thing. This year we had much better defense. They tied the record for least errors for the Reds in a season. They are on the way to being a very good defensive team.:)

That is a good point but I want an outfield defense that can prevent the base hit or someone from advancing the extra base. ;)

GoReds33
10-15-2007, 10:09 PM
That is a good point but I want an outfield defense that can prevent the base hit or someone from advancing the extra base. ;)A lot of that was lost with Ryan Freel. He would give his body to stop a runner at first. I think that once Griffey is gone they will be much better at cutting the balls off in the alley. I also think that we forget that Hamilton's arm defenitly limited a lot of runners from trying to take that extra base this year.:)