PDA

View Full Version : Scott Schoeneweis recieved steroids

Tom Servo
10-02-2007, 12:53 AM
per rotoworld:

Scott Schoeneweis received six steroid shipments from Signature Pharmacy while playing for the White Sox in 2003 and 2004, ESPN is reporting.

Just keep kicking the Mets while they're down. The source who reviewed the invoices said that Schoeneweis spent $1,160 on the steroids. He received five packages from May 2003 through 2004, five of which contained testosterone and three of which contained stanozolol. Schoeneweis just finished the first year of his three-year, $10.8 million contract with the Mets. He had a 5.03 ERA in 59 innings.

RedsManRick
10-02-2007, 01:40 AM
Schoeneweis posted a career 2nd highest K/9 and career low ERA in 2005. Just sayin'.

camisadelgolf
10-02-2007, 09:03 AM
When I think of Scott Schoenweis, I think of this: Wayne Krivsky traded a Minor League nobody (Trevor Lawhorn, who will turn 25 soon and hasn't yet reached AA) for Scott Schoenweis, who pitched extremely well in his limited time with the Reds. Then, the Reds received draft pick compensation when they let Schoeneweis go, and in turn, took Kyle Lotzkar with the 51st pick of this year's draft. At the moment, Schoeneweis looks highly over-paid, and Lotzkar, who is still 17 years old, is getting rave reviews from scouts. It seems like every time Krivsky makes a trade, the Reds organization improves.

redsmetz
10-02-2007, 09:34 AM
When I think of Scott Schoenweis, I think of this: Wayne Krivsky traded a Minor League nobody (Trevor Lawhorn, who will turn 25 soon and hasn't yet reached AA) for Scott Schoenweis, who pitched extremely well in his limited time with the Reds. Then, the Reds received draft pick compensation when they let Schoeneweis go, and in turn, took Kyle Lotzkar with the 51st pick of this year's draft. At the moment, Schoeneweis looks highly over-paid, and Lotzkar, who is still 17 years old, is getting rave reviews from scouts. It seems like every time Krivsky makes a trade, the Reds organization improves.

I hope you have your helmet and body armor on - word will get out that you spoke well of WK... :)

camisadelgolf
10-02-2007, 10:26 AM
I hope you have your helmet and body armor on - word will get out that you spoke well of WK... :)

Oh, I'm ready. I might get taken out, but I'm not going out alone. In all seriousness, though, I remember looking at the team in 2005 and thinking there was no hope for the Reds. I figured they might be able to cash in a few cheaps and be able to compete for a year or two (in the NL Central, that is), but with the farm system, I thought things were going nowhere fast and it would be about 20 years or so of not competing before the team was moved to Las Vegas or something. Here we are, two years later, and the Reds have, arguably, a top-ten farm system, four of baseball's top-40 prospects, young and excellent players to build around (and under contract for at least the next few years), and a legitimate shot to be World Series contenders in 2009 or 2010. Way-K did a serious overhaul, and so far, it looks very good. Trading for Scott Schoeneweis is just another example of how Wayne Krivsky took close to nothing (Trevor Lawhorn, Jeff Stevens, Wily Mo Pena, Zach Ward) and turned it into something (Kyle Lotzkar, Brandon Phillips, Bronson Arroyo, Matt Maloney).

paulrichjr
10-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Oh, I'm ready. I might get taken out, but I'm not going out alone. In all seriousness, though, I remember looking at the team in 2005 and thinking there was no hope for the Reds. I figured they might be able to cash in a few cheaps and be able to compete for a year or two (in the NL Central, that is), but with the farm system, I thought things were going nowhere fast and it would be about 20 years or so of not competing before the team was moved to Las Vegas or something. Here we are, two years later, and the Reds have, arguably, a top-ten farm system, four of baseball's top-40 prospects, young and excellent players to build around (and under contract for at least the next few years), and a legitimate shot to be World Series contenders in 2009 or 2010. Way-K did a serious overhaul, and so far, it looks very good. Trading for Scott Schoeneweis is just another example of how Wayne Krivsky took close to nothing (Trevor Lawhorn, Jeff Stevens, Wily Mo Pena, Zach Ward) and turned it into something (Kyle Lotzkar, Brandon Phillips, Bronson Arroyo, Matt Maloney).

Is this the same WayneK that traded away Felipe Lopez, Ryan Wagner, and Austin Kearns for...Oh just forget it. As much as I would like to open that can of worms I can't. I honestly think WayneK has done miracles with this organization's future. I know that we stunk this year but the base is there. I could not stand Wayne before this year but somewhere along the way I began to drink the Kool-Aid and I truly believe that Wayne had a "Top 5 of all GMs" at building an organization in 2007.

bucksfan2
10-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Is this the same WayneK that traded away Felipe Lopez, Ryan Wagner, and Austin Kearns for...Oh just forget it. As much as I would like to open that can of worms I can't. I honestly think WayneK has done miracles with this organization's future. I know that we stunk this year but the base is there. I could not stand Wayne before this year but somewhere along the way I began to drink the Kool-Aid and I truly believe that Wayne had a "Top 5 of all GMs" at building an organization in 2007.

I think when you look back at all of Krivsky's moves he has made them with a goal in mind. I look back and can honestly say that in pretty much every position the reds are better now than when Krivsky took over.

icehole3
10-02-2007, 02:52 PM
I got drunk on the kool aid when he robbed Tampa blind for Josh Hamilton. The Burton signing was also a work of genius, Im anticipating a wonderful winter and I loved last years draft of a absolute ton of RH power hitters

Strikes Out Looking
10-02-2007, 09:44 PM

The same Felipe Lopez that a certain team may non tender in the coming weeks?

camisadelgolf
10-03-2007, 05:06 AM

Go ahead and open that can of worms. Ryan Wagner sucks (I'd like to say he has some potential, but I can't really find it). Felipe Lopez plays poor defense in a position where defense is vital, and his bat isn't enough to make up for it. I really wouldn't want Austin Kearns' contract, especially when Jay Bruce, Josh Hamilton, Adam Dunn, Ken Griffey, Norris Hopper, and Ryan Freel are all on the team. Bill Bray and Gary Majewski still have potential--okay, maybe not Majewski--but there's still the grievance that's being worked out. Daryl Thompson is probably one of the top-20 prospects in the farm system, and it's (finally, thanks to Krivsky) a very strong farm system.