PDA

View Full Version : Redszone Mobile

jmcclain19
10-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Boss & GIK

Just thought i'd let you guys know that I've been browsing the site exclusively with my new PDA phone the last several days (my new toy is a Nokia e62) - and the site comes across like a champ.

Thought you might enjoy that little piece of info.

Boss-Hog
10-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Glad to hear that - vBulletin deserves most of the credit :)

rotnoid
10-03-2007, 07:29 AM
I have to admit, when I saw the thread title, I imagined some sort of car. In my mind it was a tricked out VW bug with the Redszone logo all over.

RFS62
10-03-2007, 08:00 AM
I have to admit, when I saw the thread title, I imagined some sort of car. In my mind it was a tricked out VW bug with the Redszone logo all over.

Me too. I thought maybe we'd be getting a sweet ride like Jim Edmonds' car.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/ce/Oscar_meyer.jpg/800px-Oscar_meyer.jpg

SunDeck
10-03-2007, 08:25 AM

Well, there already is the Idiotmobile.

10-03-2007, 09:04 AM
I pictured one of those hanging things attached to a baby's crib with bright pictures of the mods hanging off of it to attract the baby's attention. Maybe with a wind-up key and it plays one of those Reds video songs played pre-game at GABP.

Joseph
10-03-2007, 12:28 PM
I pictured one of those hanging things attached to a baby's crib with bright pictures of the mods hanging off of it to attract the baby's attention. Maybe with a wind-up key and it plays one of those Reds video songs played pre-game at GABP.

Thats where I was, well a cross between that and actually having a Redszone wireless service.

smith288
10-03-2007, 04:01 PM
For those interested:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/archive/index.php/?pda=1

Ltlabner
10-03-2007, 07:13 PM
RZ works pretty well on a Motorolla Q phone.

Slow, but it works.

GoReds33
10-04-2007, 08:56 PM
I'm getting ready to buy the new PSP. Is this what I'm going to see as Redszone?

KittyDuran
10-04-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm getting ready to buy the new PSP. Is this what I'm going to see as Redszone?I'm getting ready to upgrade my phone and would love to be able to get RZ in any shape or form... I'm also pretty clueless about cell phones (don't use mine too much)... would I have to buy a PDA to get RZ?

Cyclone792
10-04-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm getting ready to upgrade my phone and would love to be able to get RZ in any shape or form... I'm also pretty clueless about cell phones (don't use mine too much)... would I have to buy a PDA to get RZ?

As far as I know, mobile web service is available as an extra option for a monthly fee on all major mobile phone carriers. Some carriers may just include mobile web in with the regular voice plan. I have Verizon Wireless, and they have a mobile web option for an extra $5 a month that would probably do the trick for accessing RZ. I don't have the feature myself since I don't have a use to browse the Net with my phone, but it's available if I'd ever want it.

The above is just barely scratching the surface too. Nowadays there's literally tons of features available on cell phones.

Unassisted
10-04-2007, 10:00 PM
For those interested:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/archive/index.php/?pda=1

Boss or GIK - Would you guys consider setting up a redirect to the link smith288 posted above at http://mobile.redszone.com or http://m.redszone.com ? Typing long URLs is a real drag on a keyboard with just 12 keys. :)

Boss-Hog
10-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Boss or GIK - Would you guys consider setting up a redirect to the link smith288 posted above at http://mobile.redszone.com or http://m.redszone.com ? Typing long URLs is a real drag on a keyboard with just 12 keys. :)
m.redszone.com should now redirect you there

WVRedsFan
10-05-2007, 01:56 AM
Me too. I thought maybe we'd be getting a sweet ride like Jim Edmonds' car.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/ce/Oscar_meyer.jpg/800px-Oscar_meyer.jpg

Boy, that's a big weiner. So appropriate for Jimmy Boy.

smith288
10-05-2007, 10:02 AM
I have Verizon Wireless and a Motorola Q. Love the setup. Im not expecially thrilled with the Q as it has crappy battery life and shuts off whenever it wants (overheating radio looking for a signal).

Im looking forward to Verison getting a Blackberry Curve with a camera...why they havent yet is beyond me.

GIK
10-05-2007, 10:32 AM
I'll be looking for a new phone soon (also Verizon) and would like a smart-phone with web/email access. Any thoughts on a good one - or one in the pipeline? $300 or less.

BTW, thanks Boss.

KittyDuran
10-05-2007, 12:50 PM
I'll be looking for a new phone soon (also Verizon) and would like a smart-phone with web/email access. Any thoughts on a good one - or one in the pipeline? $300 or less.

BTW, thanks Boss.Well, I'm with AT&T (formerly Cingular) and really haven't had any problems with them or the phones. Unfortunately, they do not offer a Motorola Q phone (or maybe they do and I can't find it) - any other suggestions?

GIK
10-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Well, you can get the iPhone. :)

I'm looking at these two through Verizon, but will probably wait until around/after Christmas to see if anything else comes out.

LG enV
http://cellphones.techfresh.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/lg-env-1.jpg
http://cellphones.techfresh.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/lg-env-2.jpg

LG VX10000
http://www.mobilemag.com/content/images/13247_large.jpg
http://www.xonio.com/ii/135274429_fa38eb55e3.jpg

KronoRed
10-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Well, you can get the iPhone. :)

Resist the empire!!! :D

smith288
10-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Well, I'm with AT&T (formerly Cingular) and really haven't had any problems with them or the phones. Unfortunately, they do not offer a Motorola Q phone (or maybe they do and I can't find it) - any other suggestions?
http://www.betanews.com/article/ATT_Unveils_Tilt_Smartphone/1191515740

GoReds33
10-05-2007, 10:10 PM
I thought about an iPhone myself. I just don't plan to use a cellphone that much a month. I think I'm going to get something without a specific plan. I may just go the prepaid route. Just remember, when they offer you insurance TAKE IT!!!

cincyinco
10-08-2007, 08:57 AM
I am using a treo smartphone with verizon.

got it refurbished for 350 so I didn't have to extend my contract with verizon.. a big plus for me. I hate contracts.

beware with verizon tho.. they have a 5 a month plan, but its not the same as their "data" plan, which you need with a smart phone(according to all reps from verizon I've spoken with) and its an extra 45 a month. sprint offers this same service for 10. I don't understand why, or exactly how its different than the 5 a month plan verizon has, and I've read a ton about it on their website, spoken with in store reps & phone reps... they can't tell me much, but they all tell me the smartphone has to use the data plan.

also, be sure to get the dataplan if you do get a smartphone & plan to use the net a lot.. otherwise their per kB usage charge can ring up your bill. I've read horror stories of monthly bills coming in @ over 1 or 2K..

smith288
10-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Rumor out there is that Verizon will be lowering the data plan's price. Music to my ears.

Caveat Emperor
10-09-2007, 01:06 AM
Well, I'm with AT&T (formerly Cingular) and really haven't had any problems with them or the phones. Unfortunately, they do not offer a Motorola Q phone (or maybe they do and I can't find it) - any other suggestions?

One of the guys I work with at court had a MotoQ for a few weeks and did nothing but complain about how crap the battery life was on it. He said that it wasn't uncommon for him to be at half-battery before lunchtime and to be completely dead before dinnertime. He was having to charge the phone while in his office just to make sure it would be working all day.

He ended up trading it in and getting a Treo -- which is what I carry. It doesn't have the slim form-factor of the Q, but the battery is light-years better (I can go multiple days without a charge under moderate use) and the touch screen is really helpful.

Take it FWIW. Do your homework on the smartphones -- they're really fun, but they have some issues (such as the battery issues) which don't really cross most people's minds with cell phones.

Ltlabner
10-09-2007, 08:30 AM
One of the guys I work with at court had a MotoQ for a few weeks and did nothing but complain about how crap the battery life was on it. He said that it wasn't uncommon for him to be at half-battery before lunchtime and to be completely dead before dinnertime. He was having to charge the phone while in his office just to make sure it would be working all day..

I have a Q, and I agree that the battery is crap. I had to get the extended life battery and that helped *somewhat*. Also, being Windows mobile, closing out a program doesn't really close it....so you end up with a lot of running prgrams. I put a short-cut to the program manager on the main screen and regularly check for open programs and shut them down. That helped out a fair amount in extended battery life.

But with all that I still only get barely 1.5 days of use (of course, I uses it almost constantly) which is still pretty lame IMO.

If the company issued Treo's it would be a whole lot better. But the Q does a medocore job with the battery tweeks I mentioned.

smith288
10-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Windows Mobile is supposed to clear out lesser priority programs when it needs the memory.

One thing wrong with the Q is the radios. When you reach the edge of a network, it works extra hard for the signal and overheats. Usually resulting in the processor rebooting to cool down. My phone is plugged in most of the day so my battery isnt an issue because I dont let it be one. lol

RedsMan3203
10-17-2007, 08:01 PM
I personally own the Treo 650....

I know during the summer, i'd just log into redszone and check out the lineups and such and see what was going on... I use my phones internet for everything... Mail, Messenger, Radar, Sports, Box Scores, Fantasy Sports, ETC.

I bought the Media Max 1500 - 1500 Text Messages and Unlimted Internet for 29.99 a month. I have a program downloaded to my phone for the AIM/Yahoo/MSN/ICQ and use my unlimted internet to acess everything...

Really workin like a champ - I've had it well over a year with no problems... I have a gig expansion card that holds all my music/ring tones.

I'm with Cingular....

Bip Roberts
10-23-2007, 04:13 PM
wap.redszone.com please!!!!!

HumnHilghtFreel
12-18-2007, 07:50 AM
I remembered seeing this thread a while back and figured I'd swing through. I got a tmobile sidekick as an early xmas gift yesterday and as I lie in bed right now browsing the net, I figured I'd see how posting works. Not too shabby at all!

Dom Heffner
12-20-2007, 11:38 AM
The ATT 8525 here.

Terrific business phone.

deltachi8
02-06-2008, 01:11 AM
I have a Palm Centro on Sprint and so far am lovin' it. Can read redszone with no difficulties.

Grande Donkey
04-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Bump. I can't seem to get m.redszone.com to work. Any help?

Boss-Hog
04-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Me neither...I'll see what I can find out and get back to you.

Grande Donkey
04-12-2009, 08:20 AM
bump

Boss-Hog
04-12-2009, 08:59 AM
I haven't heard back from our host on the issue yet.

WVRedsFan
04-12-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm really shocked that no one mentioned Blackberry. Blackberry is the ultimate data phone no matter which one you get. Of course, I'm an addict. I was able to get into m.redszone.com with both my BB 8300 Curve and BB Pearl until around the first of April and then it went away.

BUTLER REDSFAN
04-12-2009, 07:32 PM
FWIW, I have a Cricket cell phone with mobile web and it works great for me to. My only issue is I never can remember my password and I can only view the ORG.

Boss-Hog
04-27-2009, 03:13 PM
This should be resolved now.

nate
04-27-2009, 03:30 PM
This should be resolved now.

It's working for me.

Grande Donkey
04-27-2009, 04:05 PM
Still not working on my phone. I'm getting this error message when trying to access it:

HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable

The server is currently unable to handle your request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. Please try loading a different page. I can view all other sites I normally visit and can visit the regular version of redszone. Can't get m.redszone.com to work though.

Boss-Hog
04-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Still not working on my phone. I'm getting this error message when trying to access it:
I can view all other sites I normally visit and can visit the regular version of redszone. Can't get m.redszone.com to work though.
Give it some time - it took a little bit for the previously non-working version to become "uncached" for me. If it still doesn't work, I'm not sure what would account for that error.

KittyDuran
04-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Working for me - put in a new bookmark for it and deleted the old one (even tho it was the same). Thanks, Boss! :thumbup: