PDA

View Full Version : Nats still going after Dunn?

Prf15
10-03-2007, 09:07 AM
This was posted in the ORG:

per new jersy paper:
http://www.examiner.com/a-966748~Exp...offseason.html

"The Nats very nearly traded for Cincinnati’s Adam Dunn in July, and may re-visit that situation again this fall. Dunn and Austin Kearns are close friends, and Dunn’s been heard to speak favorably about playing in Washington. "

Prf15
10-03-2007, 09:18 AM
The Nats have some relievers that I have interest in.

Luis Ayala, Jon Rauch, Chad Cordero.

redsfanmia
10-03-2007, 09:42 AM
Did Jimbo not learn anything while he was here? Dunn+Kearns+Lopez+Pena=90+ loses a year.

mound_patrol
10-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Did Jimbo not learn anything while he was here? Dunn+Kearns+Lopez+Pena=90+ loses a year.

They didn't lose those games because of those players. More because of the supporting cast.

CarolinaRedleg
10-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Any discussions with the Nats, if Dunn is involved, begin and end with Zimmerman (if we could get he or EE to try their hand at left field). If he's not on the table, no thanks.

Screwball
10-03-2007, 10:44 AM
The Nats have some relievers that I have interest in.

Luis Ayala, Jon Rauch, Chad Cordero.

Dunn for relievers is something I want no part of. Unless it's in addition to bona fide starting pitching.

Prf15
10-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Dunn for relievers is something I want no part of. Unless it's in addition to bona fide starting pitching.

Yeah I wouldn't trade Dunn for all relievers either, we just got major problems in the bullpen I threw those names out to be apart of a deal.

Will M
10-03-2007, 12:36 PM
The ONLY way the Reds should trade Dunn is for a starter who is a #1 or #2. Dunn is in his prime and the Reds have the money to pay him. He should be a building block of the team.

mound_patrol
10-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Not a fan of trading offense for offense, but I am willing to trade Dunn if the deal includes Zimmerman.

I'd do Dunn and EE for Zim and Hill.

stevekun
10-03-2007, 01:37 PM
The Nationals also have Dimitri Young...man these guys are the Old Reds....and I even think Larkin is a part of the organization

CarolinaRedleg
10-03-2007, 02:06 PM
The Nationals also have Dimitri Young...man these guys are the Old Reds....and I even think Larkin is a part of the organization

He is. He's like their "Special Assistant to the GM." And even more stomach-turning was that he represented the Nationals at the draft this year.

Come home Barry

ChatterRed
10-03-2007, 02:50 PM
I don't trade Dunn to the Nationals unless they throw us a Herschel Walker type deal. Otherwise, I say NOT INTERESTED.

BLEEDS
10-03-2007, 05:08 PM
From the same ORG thread, here is a trade idea STARTER:

Dunn and EE for Zimmerman and Cordero.

Personally, I like EE and he had a HOT last two months to pull out of a major slump. Zimmerman is compared by some to Rolen.

I say we're giving up A LOT with Dunn, but saving a lot of $$, albeit IMO to spend on nothing since I wouldn't go after a FA SP in 2008, I'd do it in 2009.

I also don't think it's the way to go since we have the prospect of trying to replace BOTH Griffey and Dunn after 2008. IF someone is thinking of bringing up Jay Bruce - in 2008 - to replace Dunn, then we are left with the same issue in 2009.

Somehow I think that ends us with Norris Hopper playing CF and leading off. That is not good, even if you have a 28 year old Roger Clemens pitching every 5th day...

PEACE

-BLEEDS

GoReds33
10-03-2007, 05:21 PM
From the same ORG thread, here is a trade idea STARTER:

Dunn and EE for Zimmerman and Cordero.

Personally, I like EE and he had a HOT last two months to pull out of a major slump. Zimmerman is compared by some to Rolen.

I say we're giving up A LOT with Dunn, but saving a lot of $$, albeit IMO to spend on nothing since I wouldn't go after a FA SP in 2008, I'd do it in 2009.

I also don't think it's the way to go since we have the prospect of trying to replace BOTH Griffey and Dunn after 2008. IF someone is thinking of bringing up Jay Bruce - in 2008 - to replace Dunn, then we are left with the same issue in 2009.

Somehow I think that ends us with Norris Hopper playing CF and leading off. That is not good, even if you have a 28 year old Roger Clemens pitching every 5th day...

PEACE

-BLEEDSWhy wouldn't an outfield of Hamilton, Bruce, and Hopper work? It adds a lot of youth, and a lot of athleticism. I'm not for that, but if we can get a lot for Dunn, then I would be all for it.:)

BLEEDS
10-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Why wouldn't an outfield of Hamilton, Bruce, and Hopper work? It adds a lot of youth, and a lot of athleticism. I'm not for that, but if we can get a lot for Dunn, then I would be all for it.:)

Because personally, I would prefer an Outfield of (from L to R) Dunn, Hamilton, and Bruce.

Youth, athleticism, and about 40 HR's and 75 more RBIs...

If you think subtracting 40 HR's/75 RBI's, and getting even a .5 ERA improvement for a 200 inning Starting pitcher is going to equate to 12-15 more wins from our team, then you do it. I don't see that happening in 2008.

NOW, in 2009 - when you can REASONABLY replace Junior with Bruce, losing maybe 5-10 HR's and 10-30 RBI's - AND get ~$12M+ more to spend on Starting Pitching, then you can make a dent in your Net Wins.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

GoReds33
10-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Because personally, I would prefer an Outfield of (from L to R) Dunn, Hamilton, and Bruce.

Youth, athleticism, and about 40 HR's and 75 more RBIs...

If you think subtracting 40 HR's/75 RBI's, and getting even a .5 ERA improvement for a 200 inning Starting pitcher is going to equate to 12-15 more wins from our team, then you do it. I don't see that happening in 2008.

NOW, in 2009 - when you can REASONABLY replace Junior with Bruce, losing maybe 5-10 HR's and 10-30 RBI's - AND get ~$12M+ more to spend on Starting Pitching, then you can make a dent in your Net Wins.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
I don't disagree with that outfield either. I just want to keep the outfield as young as possible. That defenitly includes dumping Griffey, for a reasonable price. I understand that Dunn is a valuable asset at the plate. I think that Bruce can REASONABLY replace Junior next year. He may not be as good offensivly, but he makes up for it with his speed and defense. I don't think his offense would be that much worse either.:)