Ellison

Free agents
Milton
Guardado (option)
Hatteberg (option)
Dunn (option)
Valentin (option)
Bellhorn

These will be the players who are eligible for arbitration and will become free agents in the off-season. One thing that surprised me is that I thought Majewski was eligible for arbitration, but he didn't show up on the list

rotnoid
10-05-2007, 07:35 AM
Besides Dunn and maybe Guardado, there don't seem to be too many tough choices there. Besides those two, which have been discussed ad nauseum, the next hardest decision might be what to do with Belisle. Just because he's had even a glimpse of success and he's a pitcher he'll get a huge raise in arbitration. The question becomes is it worth it? I'm on the fence on this one. Based on what we saw/didn't see in September, I thine they have to offer it. It's just too bad guys like Dumatrait didn't perform better in the bigs.

ChatterRed
10-05-2007, 07:47 AM
We better not pick up Guardado's option. Let him go and when nobody wants him, offer him a minor league incentive laden deal. Or let him know you're not picking up the option but guilt him into taking the minor league incentive laden deal. ;)

AmarilloRed
10-05-2007, 01:37 PM
I imagine Philips, Cantu, and possibly Belisle will get arbitration. Let's all say good-by to Saarloos and Ellison. Milton and Bellhorn will be let go, Dunn will have his option picked up, Hatteberg and Valentin might have their options picked up, and Guardado will not have that 3.5 million option picked up, but the Reds would seek to sign him to a minor league deal laden with incentives. I suspect Guardado might seek greener pastures though.

GoReds33
10-05-2007, 02:51 PM
I seriously hope they don't pick up Guardado's option. He is a good pitcher, but 3.5 million is too much of a risk. I think we could get him for a million a year with incentives.

stevekun
10-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Phillips will probably make some cash on his arbitration

GoReds33
10-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Phillips will probably make some cash on his arbitration
Yeah, that's where most of the money we get back from Milton is going to go. Hopefully they do the smart thing and lock him up.:)

keeganbrick
10-05-2007, 09:43 PM
I would expect Hatteberg and Valentin's option to be picked up. I think Hatte's is only like 1.25 mil which is a steal for a guy like him.

GoReds33
10-05-2007, 09:54 PM
I would expect Hatteberg and Valentin's option to be picked up. I think Hatte's is only like 1.25 mil which is a steal for a guy like him.I agree that Valentine's will be picked up. I think the Reds should leave it up to Scott if he is to come back. I know he says that he would come back if they picked up the option, but you don't want someone here who doesn't want to be here.:)

AmarilloRed
10-06-2007, 01:02 AM
I would expect Hatteberg and Valentin's option to be picked up. I think Hatte's is only like 1.25 mil which is a steal for a guy like him.

Hatteberg's option is actually 1.85 million; however it is still a steal for what he gives us.

Degenerate39
10-06-2007, 01:45 AM
I think Hatte's is only like 1.25 mil which is a steal for a guy like him.

Too bad the Reds have two young first basemen that are pretty good. This is going to be a tough decision for Wayne.

TDHND
10-12-2007, 01:10 AM
sounds like there might be a good bit of new faces come next season then