PDA

View Full Version : UC downs Rutgers!

GoReds33
10-07-2007, 01:00 AM
Cincinnati shocked the Rutgers faithful tonight in a thriller. The Cats ended up coming up with a 28 to 23 win. It's a good time to start jumping on that bandwagon!!!:)

paintmered
10-07-2007, 01:09 AM
Huge win! Nippert is going to be rocking next week against Louisville. I can't wait!

GoReds33
10-07-2007, 01:19 AM
Huge win! Nippert is going to be rocking next week against Louisville. I can't wait!Huge is an understatment. Cincinnati is on it's way to a big season. As I said on the UC blog on Cincinnati.com, I have a feeling that we won't be playing in the Toronto bowl this year.:)

DoogMinAmo
10-07-2007, 02:16 AM
This is a win a true top 25 team has to get, and they won in the second half when down 10 on the road. Many questioned them close and late, and they answered. Now is time to set up that battle of undefeateds in Tampa, they have to get through Louisville and UConn first. Hopefully they stay level headed, they cant afford to let it get to their heads.

Who would have ever said in recent history that Louisville could be a trap game?

Caveat Emperor
10-07-2007, 04:02 AM
Huge win! Nippert is going to be rocking next week against Louisville. I can't wait!

I've got my ticket, I'll be there.

Something special is going on with this UC team.

GoReds33
10-07-2007, 12:32 PM
This is a win a true top 25 team has to get, and they won in the second half when down 10 on the road. Many questioned them close and late, and they answered. Now is time to set up that battle of undefeateds in Tampa, they have to get through Louisville and UConn first. Hopefully they stay level headed, they cant afford to let it get to their heads.

Who would have ever said in recent history that Louisville could be a trap game?Yeah. I have to admit I was a bit sceptical about their chances down by ten on the road. Then they made a few really big plays, and took the crowd right out of it. I love Brian Kelly as the coach. I just hope he doesn't run off for some bigger school. I really think he could stay around for a long time. If the Cats get the indoor practice facility, and a renovated/new stadium, then I think he could be the headcoach of this team for many years to come. He gets college sports.:)

DannyB
10-07-2007, 01:30 PM
AOL has quite a few pictures here
http://sports.aol.com/ncaafb/story/_a/stanford-stuns-no-2-usc-at-coliseum/20071006230109990001
you will need to look thru them

CrackerJack
10-07-2007, 01:56 PM
GREAT game last night - first time I think I've ever heard people in a Clifton bar following a UC football game on TV, yelling etc...,

UC played a sloppy game last night and made several big mistakes, but still came out with a victory on the road against a ranked opponent.

Makes you wonder how good this team really is and/or can be.

GoReds33
10-07-2007, 03:09 PM
By the way, I meant for the title to be, UC downs Rutgers. UC down Rutgers sounds really stupid.

GoReds33
10-07-2007, 03:25 PM
More news on the UC front, the AP has ranked them 15th in the country, and they knocked Rutgers way down to 32nd in the country.

HotCorner
10-07-2007, 03:41 PM
I've got my tickets for the WV game. Can't wait!

OnBaseMachine
10-07-2007, 04:07 PM
More news on the UC front, the AP has ranked them 15th in the country, and they knocked Rutgers way down to 32nd in the country.

Amazingly, the AP poll put Tennessee back in the top 25 and kept Georgia in it. Furthermore, two loss Florida is ranked ahead of undefeated Arizona State, Cincinnati, and Hawaii.

The new top 10 is:

1. LSU
2. CAL
3. Ohio State
4. Boston College
5. South Florida
6. Oklahoma
7. South Carolina
8. West Virginia
9. Oregon
10. USC

They did a good job with the top ten.

GoReds33
10-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Amazingly, the AP poll put Tennessee back in the top 25 and kept Georgia in it. Furthermore, two loss Florida is ranked ahead of undefeated Arizona State, Cincinnati, and Hawaii.

The new top 10 is:

1. LSU
2. CAL
3. Ohio State
4. Boston College
5. South Florida
6. Oklahoma
7. South Carolina
8. West Virginia
9. Oregon
10. USC

They did a good job with the top ten.Honestly I expected OSU at number two. Other than that this was a good list.:)

OnBaseMachine
10-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Honestly I expected OSU at number two. Other than that this was a good list.:)

Why would OSU be ahead of Cal?

LoganBuck
10-07-2007, 05:20 PM
Why would OSU be ahead of Cal?

Cal was idle.

The voters are fickle.

Why not?

Trying to figure the logic of the voters can make your head explode. Remember Ohio State got a first place vote last week in the coaches poll.

GoReds33
10-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Why would OSU be ahead of Cal?I just think that since Cal didn't play, OSU would have an oppertunity to move up to second.:)

OnBaseMachine
10-07-2007, 06:02 PM
I just think that since Cal didn't play, OSU would have an oppertunity to move up to second.:)

Both are undefeated but Cal has played a tougher schedule. It wouldn't make sense to jump them ahead of Cal IMO.

Redlegs23
10-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Big time win last night. I love this team. I'll be at the Louisville game Saturday, Nippert will be crazy.

GoReds33
10-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Both are undefeated but Cal has played a tougher schedule. It wouldn't make sense to jump them ahead of Cal IMO.I know. I just said that since Cal didn't play. It doesn't hurt that I live in Ohio either. I havn't seen Cal play yet.:)

NorrisHopper30
10-07-2007, 08:37 PM
I thought OSU would jump Cal, especially after dominating a top 25 team (i wouldn't have them in my 25, but they were..)

No big deal though, just a poll.

GO CATS!

MaineRed
10-07-2007, 09:33 PM

Do you really think any of those 3 teams are better than Florida?

If Hawaii played at LSU do you think they would lose by only four?

I don't agree when teams drop after they lose to someone ranked above them, especially when they lose on the road.

Florida went into the weekend RANKED the number ten team. How does a loss to the number one team, in one of the toughest enviroments in the land make them less worthy of being number ten, especially when they nearly win?

I think the same is true of Kentucky. They were up to 8th and then they lose to a team, on the road that is now ranked ahead of where they were. That makes them worthy of a ten spot drop in the rankings? I don't see it.

I do think ASU has a case to be a little higher. They've got wins over Colorado and Stanford and those teams have knocked off national title contenders.

Hawaii? Meh.

Caveat Emperor
10-08-2007, 01:00 AM
I thought OSU would jump Cal, especially after dominating a top 25 team (i wouldn't have them in my 25, but they were..

Purdue being a top-25 team is more reflective of the mass confusion surrounding slots 20-35 than on their quality as a team, IMO.

stevekun
10-08-2007, 10:11 AM
As a Louisville fan I have my hat off to Cinci...you guys are going to smack us around.

GoReds33
10-08-2007, 09:43 PM
As a Louisville fan I have my hat off to Cinci...you guys are going to smack us around.It could be an intresting game. I just hope that Louisville left their offense at home for this one. UC may be a bit tired after last week.:)

WVPacman
10-10-2007, 01:27 AM
I thought OSU would jump Cal, especially after dominating a top 25 team (i wouldn't have them in my 25, but they were..)

No big deal though, just a poll.

GO CATS!

You better just be happy that they are #3 b/c WVU beat a top 25 team in Maryland and droped in the polls.:rolleyes:

MaineRed
10-10-2007, 08:48 AM
You better just be happy that they are #3 b/c WVU beat a top 25 team in Maryland and droped in the polls.:rolleyes:

According to this the only top 25 team WV has played this year is South Florida.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=277

WVPacman
10-11-2007, 01:43 AM
According to this the only top 25 team WV has played this year is South Florida.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=277

Your right my mistake!! It was a road game that we won pretty handedly and we should'nt have droped.