PDA

View Full Version : Matt Gamel

JaxRed
10-08-2007, 12:31 AM
Matt Gamel is a local Jax kid playing in Brewers system. Didn't pay any attention to him until about 2 weeks ago.

I know someone that knows his parents. She mentioned a few years ago that he got drafted. Well 2 weeks ago, she says "Aren't the Reds your team? Matt said the Reds were looking at him."

So I looked him up and he's a prety good hitting prospect and doing great in Hawaii this winter.

I have no idea what the context of "Reds were looking at him" was, or how long ago it occurred.

Just thought I'd throw it out here and see if someone can connect the dots.

marcshoe
10-08-2007, 12:50 AM
I don't know, but I remember watching him play in Charleston last year ('06). He had a nice year with some power, iirc, playing the position that Braun had played the last part of '05.

HokieRed
10-08-2007, 09:25 AM
When was he drafted? Were the Reds looking at him when that meant O'Brien and then the Brewers took him after O'Brien went there?

GoReds33
10-08-2007, 08:19 PM
When was he drafted? Were the Reds looking at him when that meant O'Brien and then the Brewers took him after O'Brien went there?He was their fourth round pick of 2005. He hit .288 with 17 homers this past year at A ball. He doesn't look too bad. He is 22 if my math is correct.:)

REDblooded
10-15-2007, 09:09 PM
I guessed at the time the Brewers/Reds trade rumors were floating around that Gamel was one of the minor leaguers the Reds were interested in...looks like I was right