PDA

View Full Version : Free Baseball Mogul download

gonelong
10-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Sportsmogul.com is offering a free download of Baseball Mogul 2007. I don't know alot about it, but I have read some positive posts in the past about the game. I downloaded it, but haven't installed it ... you only have to enter a valid email address so they can send you a link for the download.

http://www.sportsmogul.com/games/baseball2k7-free-long.html

I can't speak to the safety of this download, do so at your own risk.

Maybe some of those that have the game can give us a heads up on it.

GL

REDREAD
10-08-2007, 09:00 PM
thanks..
I downloaded it and will try it out.

kheidg-
10-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Not too sure on the 2007 version but I've played BM and it is pretty addicting.

alexad
10-08-2007, 10:15 PM
I have the game and I love it. In fact my 9 year old also has a season going. They say the 08 version will really rock. It is free so download it and give it a try. You can even go on line and play against others.

I downloaded last year and payed for it. You can trust the site.

BoydsOfSummer
10-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Free baseball game? Heck yeah!

dougdirt
10-08-2007, 10:44 PM
has it taken anyone else a really long time to get the email?

mbgrayson
10-09-2007, 09:20 AM
I had purchased the 2008 version of this game a couple weeks ago. I have it installed, but haven't had time to play it much yet. By the way, the 2007 version is free to entice people to purchase the 2008 version. The updated 2008 version is free only for a 30 day trial period.

Seems like a cool concept; not testing our reactions and coordination, but our baseball acumen.

nate
10-09-2007, 09:35 AM
I've played it before. The interface is a little clunky but its pretty good. I've just been messing with it a little bit this morning trying to coax the 2006 Reds into respectability. So far, not much luck.

It would be cool if we came up with some standard settings for everyone to start with, see what kind of results we end up with and talk about the moves required to get there.

Johnny Footstool
10-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Traded Eric Milton for Jonathan Broxton and Edwin Jackson.

Dealt Griffey and Valentin plus cash to Detroit for Curtis Granderson, Justin Verlander, and Kyle Farnsworth.

Went 16-28 in the first couple of months of the season. Time to rework the roster.

Ltlabner
10-09-2007, 03:37 PM

Dealt Griffey and Valentin plus cash to Detroit for Curtis Granderson, Justin Verlander, and Kyle Farnsworth.

Went 16-28 in the first couple of months of the season. Time to rework the roster.

So it's Redszone with a lot less arguing?

Johnny Footstool
10-09-2007, 05:13 PM
So it's Redszone with a lot less arguing?

Actually, the opposing computer-controlled GMs call you names when you propose a trade they feel is ridiculous. So it's a little nastier than RedsZone.

jojo
10-09-2007, 05:15 PM
My Seattle Mariners won 122 games en route to a WS victory with a payroll just shy of $85M on Mogul's easiest game setting.... just saying.... :cool:

HumnHilghtFreel
10-09-2007, 08:15 PM
I tried doing a fantasy draft, but I couldn't figure out how to make my picks. I guess I'll just have to wheel and deal to get my dream-team

dougdirt
10-09-2007, 09:10 PM
has it taken anyone else a really long time to get the email?

After about 30 hours or so, I finally got my email with the download link.

HumnHilghtFreel
10-09-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm really liking the play-by-play in this year's version. Gives just a little more control.

nate
10-10-2007, 07:27 AM
The best I've done with the 2006 Reds is 77-85. Mainly "playing Wayne" by making a bunch of trades and simulating 25 - 50 times. It seems no matter what moves I make, I can't even get to .500. Best finish in the standings = 2nd.

And, get this, the player that's won the AL MVP more than anyone in all those simulations: Wily Mo Pena!

camisadelgolf
10-10-2007, 09:37 AM
I paid for the 2007 version when it was new. It was decent (and extremely addicting). Even on the most difficult setting, I find that the AI isn't good enough to challenge me. For the challenge, I start a cupcake team and see how long it takes before I can make it a contender with a payroll of less than $10M. If I recall correctly, it usually takes about 5-7 seasons.

BoydsOfSummer
10-10-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm really liking the play-by-play in this year's version. Gives just a little more control.

Diamond Mind has outstanding play-by-play. Best in the biz by far.

icehole3
10-10-2007, 05:47 PM
played a game with the Reds in fan mode, the bullpen blew a 4 run lead in the eighth...I shut it off.

REDREAD
10-10-2007, 09:06 PM

The key to this game (and many others like it), is to go for a winning season the first year. That gets you more money for free agents, scouting, etc.

Build your talent base first, then the farm.

I replayed the 2006 Reds last night, upgraded 1b, one SP, two relievers, picked up a new 3b and CF (since Jr and EdE were traded for other needs).. Won the world series, although I did play on the easy level and emptied out most of the farm system in the process.

I'm going to start with the 1982 Reds (if it goes back that far) on a harder level for a better challenge.

I will say this. This game has the best trading AI of any game I've played. On most games, the AI GMs are a joke and easily exploited.

camisadelgolf
10-11-2007, 03:02 AM
I just remembered why I stopped playing the game. When the players became arbitration eligible, the players' offers were ridiculous, and very often, they would win in arbitration. Like, it would come down to me paying somewhere between $20-25M for a first baseman who was 24 years old and had had only one or two successful seasons. Does anyone know if the arbitration portion of the game is more reasonable now?

jojo
10-11-2007, 08:16 PM
I just remembered why I stopped playing the game. When the players became arbitration eligible, the players' offers were ridiculous, and very often, they would win in arbitration. Like, it would come down to me paying somewhere between $20-25M for a first baseman who was 24 years old and had had only one or two successful seasons. Does anyone know if the arbitration portion of the game is more reasonable now?

Lock them up early with extensions.... then trade them for prospects in their last season....

camisadelgolf
10-12-2007, 03:41 AM
Lock them up early with extensions.... then trade them for prospects in their last season....

Oh, I definitely did that route when it made sense (and a lot of times it didn't). I just wanted more realism. Another thing I don't like is that when I negotiated contracts, I could offer 3yr./$150M player options that the player automatically rejected (even Juan Castro would reject the player options--a bug, I guess), just to make the rest of the contracts more realistic for me.

KronoRed
10-12-2007, 01:21 PM
OOTP fan checking in, Mogul still seems about the same as it was 5 years back.

No 12 man pitching staffs? no full minors? no ability to edit the financial workings of the league?

Pass.