PDA

View Full Version : Indians should start CC tonight

BucksandReds
10-08-2007, 01:22 PM
The Indians going with Byrd is a bad decision. CC on three days rest gives them a much better chance to win than Byrd. If this series goes to 5 then the Indians plan on using Sabathia and Fausto Carmona on Wednesday. With the ALCS starting Friday that could mean that neither Carmona nor Sabathia are ready for the first couple of games. If they start Sabathia tonight and win then Carmona goes game 1 of ALCS and Sabathia game 2 both on full rest or more. If they lose that game they can still go Carmona in Cleveland on Wednesday with full rest and in the ALCS Sabathia game 2 and 5 or 6 and , Carmona game 3 and 6 or 7 and use a combo of Westbrook and Rafael Perez to give themselves a chance to win game 1. If Byrd wins tonight then this is a pointless thread but I doubt that Byrd will beat the Yankees tonight. Eric Wedge is making a very bad decision, imho.

jimbo
10-08-2007, 02:10 PM
I have to say I totally agree. I just assumed that they would be starting CC until I read this. I always think it's a bad idea to be planning ahead to the next series before you have even won this one. Pitching CC and Carmona would definitely give the Indians the edge, I would now almost give it to the Yankees considering they have the momentum.

Very questionable decision.

Boston Red
10-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Byrd is a solid vet who has an ALCS win on his resume. I don't think it's a bad idea to have a guy like that go at Yankee Stadium. Plus, I would think Sabathia would be much tougher to beat at the Jake.

I don't mind this move at all.

kbrake
10-08-2007, 10:54 PM
I was with jimbo and BucksandReds earlier today but things looking pretty good right now for the Tribe. 6-1 Indians in the Top of the 6th.

BuckeyeRed27
10-08-2007, 11:16 PM
I hate to give the Yankees credit for anything...but that crowd is awesome right now.

jimbo
10-09-2007, 12:55 AM
Like I said, it was a great decision by Wedge to go with Byrd. :D

BEETTLEBUG
10-09-2007, 01:13 AM
RIGHT ON JIMBO GLAD C.C. didn't go now he can go at Boston on Thursday. Go Redsox

Degenerate39
10-10-2007, 07:15 AM
C.C. vs Beckett should be a heck of a game