PDA

View Full Version : Jocketty won't be Reds GM

Degenerate39
10-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Jocketty won't be Reds GM
Krivsky, in last year of deal, still Castellini's man
BY JOHN FAY

Ever since Walt Jocketty was dismissed as the general manager of the St. Louis Cardinals, there's been speculation that he might end up with the Reds.

That's not the case, or at least he's not going to replace current GM Wayne Krivsky.

"Wayne Krivsky is our GM. Period," CEO Bob Castellini said Monday through a spokesman.

Castellini knows Jocketty from the time Castellini spent as a limited partner with the Cardinals.

Castellini's statement leaves open the possibility that Jocketty could join the organization in some other capacity.

Krivsky has one year remaining on his contract. The club is 152-172 in his two years as general manager.

The Reds went 80-82 in his first year, but slipped this year.

Krivsky has steadily moved more and more of his people into place. Six of the first seven people listed in the baseball department came in on Krivsky's watch.

The club fired eight player development people, including two of the top three, in September.

The Reds are in the process of filling those jobs.

GoReds33
10-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Bob is making the right move here. Jockety would probably not help this team immediatly. I think that Krivsky is still installing his system, and should start to see results from that. It would just add on to the rebuilding years to sign Jockety.

Jack Burton
10-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Well, if it was guaranteed Jockety would come to cincy I would can kriv. The cards have won with him at the helm, and they seem to always be right in the mix. He must be doing something right.

Newport Red
10-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Bob is making the right move here. Jockety would probably not help this team immediatly. I think that Krivsky is still installing his system, and should start to see results from that. It would just add on to the rebuilding years to sign Jockety.

Agreed. This is only the beginning of krivsky's second off season. Let him play out his vision. The last thing we need is to have the reputation on revolving GM's. Few quality people will be interested in a Reds job if they'll have to worry about moving the family after a single bad season.