PDA

View Full Version : Looks like LaRussa is out...

mroby85
10-09-2007, 05:57 PM
just heard on espn news he is waiting to tell st. louis whether he's coming back based on what happens in New York. I assume this means he's not interested in the Cincinnati job.

jimbo
10-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Time to call Davey Johnson.

HalMorrisRules
10-09-2007, 07:04 PM
just heard on espn news he is waiting to tell st. louis whether he's coming back based on what happens in New York. I assume this means he's not interested in the Cincinnati job.

:jump: :beerme: :KoolAid:

Maldez
10-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Why us everybody so gaga to see Tony Larussa manage the Reds? The guy's got the personality of an undertaker.

Degenerate39
10-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Why us everybody so gaga to see Tony Larussa manage the Reds? The guy's got the personality of an undertaker.

A drunk undertaker

jimbo
10-09-2007, 08:00 PM
A drunk undertaker

And one who knows how to win.

mroby85
10-09-2007, 08:24 PM
not to mention thats what this team needs. if you don't play baseball "the right way" like jerry narron always said, LaRussa actually does something about it.

gedred69
10-09-2007, 09:13 PM
And one who knows how to win.

Huh? LaRoofie had a line up in Oakland that shoulda' beat the world! Instead, he was out-managed and over-confident and a little Red bicycle whupped his stars in '90! (This is no endorsement for Loogie either). LaRussa is an over-rated, pompous A** that the Yanks deserve. Brenly, or bring back Pete.The great main Spark put it best, the manager might make the difference at best 3-4 games a year. But of course a Mgr. can motivate the players if they find him credible. Reds don't need to spend $3 mil+ for a manager, when they should be spending every spare dollar they have on securing the players they need, and finding pitching somehow.

jimbo
10-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Huh? LaRoofie had a line up in Oakland that shoulda' beat the world! Instead, he was out-managed and over-confident and a little Red bicycle whupped his stars in '90! (This is no endorsement for Loogie either).

-A .534 carrer winning record as a manager (2375-2070).
-4-time manager of the year for 3 different teams.
-2 World Championships, 1 of them managing a mediocre Cardinals team in 2006.
-12 division titles amongst 3 different teams.
-5 World Series appearances.
-Many fail to recognize what he did while with the White Sox managing some mediocre teams. A .506 winning percentage in 8 seasons with Chicago.

The numbers do not lie. You can call him every name in the book or mock him in any you want, but his numbers are indisputable.

GoReds33
10-10-2007, 03:05 PM
I guess the Yankees would love to have him. Maybe him and Dave Duncan can turn that bullpen into something decent. I think that Joba could really benefit from a good pitching coach, not saying that their current pitching coach, I think Ron Guidry, is not good.

Hey Meat
10-10-2007, 03:59 PM
I guess the Yankees would love to have him. Maybe him and Dave Duncan can turn that bullpen into something decent. I think that Joba could really benefit from a good pitching coach, not saying that their current pitching coach, I think Ron Guidry, is not good.

I thought Jimmy V told the ref a whole list of curses in that line.

BEETTLEBUG
10-10-2007, 04:08 PM
If Ducan goes to Skankys how about Guidry to Reds?

GoReds33
10-10-2007, 08:33 PM
If Ducan goes to Skankys how about Guidry to Reds?That may be possible. I hope he would come to Cincinnati. I would rather have him as a bullpen coach though, because I havn't heard many rave reviews on Tom Hume this season.:)

TDHND
10-12-2007, 12:41 AM
here's to hoping the Cardinals continue to slide downward

GoReds33
10-12-2007, 10:37 AM
here's to hoping the Cardinals continue to slide downward Nah, I want some competition when the Reds get to the top.:)