markymark69
10-11-2007, 03:45 PM
No big surprises. Good moves all.

AccordinglyReds
10-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Good. Let's keep it going. :p

GoReds33
10-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Nothing was really lost here. I don't think any of these three had a future ahead of them as a successful major leaguer. Now there are plenty of spots for the youngsters.

OesterPoster
10-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Addition by subtraction.

WMR
10-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Sounds good to me.

gedred69
10-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Saarloos should have been a decent pitcher for GABP. He volunteered in an interview after he was brought back up, to either JF or C Trent, "I didn't lose my sinker, I just quit throwing it much". What an idiot......

GoReds33
10-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Saarloos should have been a decent pitcher for GABP. He volunteered in an interview after he was brought back up, to either JF or C Trent, "I didn't lose my sinker, I just quit throwing it much". What an idiot......I wouldn't call him an idiot. I guess that some pitchers who havn't established themselves at the major league level need to experiment with pitches, to try and succeed. Sadly, his experimenting may have cost the Reds some games.

Jack Burton
10-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Excellent news... adios

stevekun
10-11-2007, 10:46 PM
I am happy the most about Ellison...thank God he is gone

TDHND
10-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Now one begins to wonder what kind of moves will be made in the offseason as far as roster moves.

TheWalls
10-12-2007, 03:43 AM
Addition by subtraction.

What he said!

AmarilloRed
10-12-2007, 01:00 PM
I think most, if not all of us are glad to see them gone. Ellison and Bellhorn were not good bench players, and Saarloos could have been a good pitcher in Cincinnati if he had a good sinker, but he didn't.

GoReds33
10-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Now one begins to wonder what kind of moves will be made in the offseason as far as roster moves.Let's hope that Krivsky can make some more genuis aquisitions like the ones of Hamilton and Phillips.:)

LincolnLandReds
10-17-2007, 11:41 PM
I don't believe any of these three are even marginal pieces the Reds will miss next season. Bellhorn has seen his better days go by and we probably won't see him back in the big again.

I thought Saarloos could be a real steal, but just couldn't seem to put it together with the REDS. He made since to get with his good sinker, but I guess he looked great while playing in Oakland because of that huge field with an acre of each side of the baseline in foul territory.

Ellison was just someone to plug into a spot to get us through the rest of the season. What ever happened to Wise?

AmarilloRed
10-17-2007, 11:44 PM
I don't believe any of these three are even marginal pieces the Reds will miss next season. Bellhorn has seen his better days go by and we probably won't see him back in the big again.

I thought Saarloos could be a real steal, but just couldn't seem to put it together with the REDS. He made since to get with his good sinker, but I guess he looked great while playing in Oakland because of that huge field with an acre of each side of the baseline in foul territory.

Ellison was just someone to plug into a spot to get us through the rest of the season. What ever happened to Wise?

If you are referring to DeWayne Wise, I believed he was injured this year in AAA. It was for that reason that Jay Bruce was called up to AAA and got his chance. He would have made it to AAA eventually, but he got there sooner than expected with Wise's injury.