PDA

View Full Version : Man-Date

sonny
10-17-2007, 10:08 AM
Has anybody been watching Caveman and Carpoolers on tuesday nights? I must admit these are starting to grow on me, especially Carpoolers. In any event, I was just curious what everybody else thought of these shows.

George Anderson
10-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Has anybody been watching Caveman and Carpoolers on tuesday nights? I must admit these are starting to grow on me, especially Carpoolers. In any event, I was just curious what everybody else thought of these shows.

My wife told me that "Caveman" was a very funny show. I watched it for a good 20 minutes last night and asked her "so just when does the funny parts start" ?? We switched to the baseball game.

RedsFan75
10-17-2007, 10:24 AM
We tried to watch Caveman last night... gotta agree with George on this one, kept waiting for the funny. Switched to the game and had lots of fun.

HotCorner
10-17-2007, 11:31 AM
I've watched two episodes of Caveman and haven't laughed once. Not good for a comedy.

As for Carpoolers, I watched it for the first time last night and found it entertaining.

MrCinatit
10-17-2007, 11:46 AM
Carpoolers is mildly entertaining.
Caveman...it is like watching the commercials, but much longer. And, now, not as original.
I watched the first two episodes - last night lost easily to baseball. It will probably end up being a "guess there is nothing else on" type show.

Johnny Footstool
10-17-2007, 01:24 PM
I set my DVR for Cavemen and told all my friends that I was going to watch all the episodes and become the expert on this disaster of a sitcom.

I couldn't make it even 10 minutes into the first episode. Utter crap.

Casey
10-17-2007, 01:56 PM
I tried watching Cavemen and realized a 20 second commercial is pretty funny...a 30 minute TV show is not.

Unassisted
10-17-2007, 03:06 PM
I haven't watched Cavemen because I fear one-joke comedies. If it sticks around, I might give it a shot.

I'm a big fan of Fred Goss, who plays Gracen on Carpoolers, so I was looking forward to that show ever since I heard about it in the spring. I've been a little disappointed in Carpoolers because it's not nearly as funny as Fred's last effort, Sons and Daughters. S&D was mostly improv and it was a laugh riot, while Carpoolers seems mostly scripted and is good for a few chuckles.

KronoRed
10-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Jerry O'Connell just plays the same character in every show he's on, gave Carpoolers two shows and bailed out, Cavemen I'm just watching because I want to make sure I see all of the episode before it's killed off.

RBA
10-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Bring back Police Squad!!!

KronoRed
10-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Bring back Police Squad!!!

In Color

oneupper
10-17-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm waiting for the baseball to be over to get back to HOUSE M.D. on Fox.

The whole family's a fan.

Chip R
10-17-2007, 05:16 PM
In Color

Beat me to it.