10-20-2007, 09:29 AM
Look at this...worst no call ever....oh well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMf5DZOy3Mg

paintmered
10-20-2007, 09:47 AM
That was pretty bad.

joshnky
10-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Even as a Louisville fan I certainly wouldn't call that the worst no-call ever. It certainly affected the outcome of the game but not as much as the defense's inability to stop UConn on the final two drives coinciding with the fact that Brohm, while great, seems incapable of leading a clutch scoring drive. I'm so sick and tired of this football team.

And Cincy fans... you should be worried because the Louisville team that beat you last weak has proven once again that they're a pretty weak team.

joshnky
10-20-2007, 10:59 AM
I just read this:

The official definition of a fair-catch signal in the rule book calls for a player to raise his hand above his head and wave it back and forth more than once, something Taylor didn't do.

Regardless it seems like a pretty bush-league move by the UConn player. I'm willing to bet that if the Cards player would have hit him as he caught the ball their would have been a penalty. It seems almost like one of those deals where the ref knew he didn't call a fair-catch once he started running with the ball.

Just found this as well:

But get this -- NCAA rules state that even if a player makes an invalid signal, he still cannot advance the ball once he catches it.

Clearly an awful call.

paintmered
10-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Even as a Louisville fan I certainly wouldn't call that the worst no-call ever. It certainly affected the outcome of the game but not as much as the defense's inability to stop UConn on the final two drives coinciding with the fact that Brohm, while great, seems incapable of leading a clutch scoring drive. I'm so sick and tired of this football team.

And Cincy fans... you should be worried because the Louisville team that beat you last weak has proven once again that they're a pretty weak team.

I think last week proved that if you play a mistake-filled game and turn the ball over four times, it's tough to win no matter who you play. Cincy was clearly the better team, but very few teams can overcome fumbling twice in the red zone and failing to score a touchdown after 1st and goal from the 2, especially against a talented offense like Louisville.

UC will be fine. They won in Piscataway which is something the #2 team (not after Sunday) couldn't do. Also,their Oregon State win looks better after the OSU win against Cal.

Also, keep in mind that UC manhandled USF last year. It's a team the Cats match up against very well. The exact opposite is true against WVU. That game could get ugly. I still see them finishing 9-3 or 10-2. I had them pegged at 8-9 wins before the season started, so there's no disappointment.

traderumor
10-20-2007, 11:47 AM
I think that player knew what he was doing and figured what the heck. Then the refs let him get away with it. That was indeed very bad.

KYRedsFan
10-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Big East is amateur. This guy knew he was going to do it, and then they fell for it. The entire rest of their team stopped as well.

GoReds33
10-20-2007, 01:09 PM
This just goes to show that the Big East officals havn't caught up with the teams in the Big East.

KronoRed
10-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Forfeit.

AccordinglyReds
10-20-2007, 02:50 PM

I disagree. Had that play not happened, who knows, UofL could've won. It also led to one less TO in the remainder of the game when it would've definitely helped. I was very happy with most of the defense last night. They held UConn to 10 points. That stop in the red zone last night was very nice, and they stopped them many other times on 3rd down. For the rainy conditions of last night, a victory of any sort would have been superb. It just sucks because this was a huge game to have been 'determined' by such an unfair play.

joshnky
10-20-2007, 03:27 PM
I think last week proved that if you play a mistake-filled game and turn the ball over four times, it's tough to win no matter who you play. Cincy was clearly the better team, but very few teams can overcome fumbling twice in the red zone and failing to score a touchdown after 1st and goal from the 2, especially against a talented offense like Louisville.

UC will be fine. They won in Piscataway which is something the #2 team (not after Sunday) couldn't do. Also,their Oregon State win looks better after the OSU win against Cal.

Also, keep in mind that UC manhandled USF last year. It's a team the Cats match up against very well. The exact opposite is true against WVU. That game could get ugly. I still see them finishing 9-3 or 10-2. I had them pegged at 8-9 wins before the season started, so there's no disappointment.

Thats an awful Pitt team they're losing to. Not that I can say much. Louisville will likely lose to them next week.

paintmered
10-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Thats an awful Pitt team they're losing to. Not that I can say much. Louisville will likely lose to them next week.

Yep, they looked horrible today. There's no excuse for that performance. :(

joshnky
10-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Yep, they looked horrible today. There's no excuse for that performance. :(

Welcome to my life every week. Between Louisville and the Bengals I've seen a lot of bad football this year.

WMR
10-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Bush league by the refs. Crap like that would never fly in a conference like the Big 10 or SEC.

paintmered
10-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Bush league by the refs. Crap like that would never fly in a conference like the Big 10 or SEC.

Wasn't there all kinds of ref criticism in the Big 10 a few years ago? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it one of the reasons for the Big 10 to be the first to implement instant replay?

Highlifeman21
10-21-2007, 10:48 AM
Having been at that monsoon of a game at The Rent, both teams played horrendously awful. Louisville's D is nonexistent, and in a rainy game, there's no reason for Brian Brohm to throw the ball 40+ times, except for the fact that Louisville's running game largely resembles their nonexistent D.

Won't lie, bad calls aside, it was a pretty fun game to attend, largely due to two teams that just didn't want to win.

Blimpie
10-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Couldn't have happened to a nicer team.

WMR
10-21-2007, 01:41 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

not enough smiley's in all the internets. ;)

joshnky
10-21-2007, 02:10 PM

I felt the same way about UKs loss to Florida. Don't get me wrong, Kentucky is good and Louisville is awful but I'm enjoying the fact that the best Kentucky team in recent memory, maybe in their history, still won't make a BCS game. And next year after Woodson, Burton, and the rest are all gone the Rich Brooks "magic" will be gone as well. Enjoy this year while you have it UK fans. Too bad you'll still be lucky to end up in the Outback Bowl. ;)

WMR
10-21-2007, 02:11 PM
I felt the same way about UKs loss to Florida. Don't get me wrong, Kentucky is good and Louisville is awful but I'm enjoying the fact that the best Kentucky team in recent memory, maybe in their history, still won't make a BCS game. And next year after Woodson, Burton, and the rest are all gone the Rich Brooks "magic" will be gone as well. Enjoy this year while you have it UK fans. Too bad you'll still be lucky to end up in the Outback Bowl. ;)

Bobby Petrino's not walking through that door.

joshnky
10-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Bobby Petrino's not walking through that door.

I know and hopefully things don't continue this way. We're awful and I don't know how much I can take.

Anyway, in this disaster of a season I still enjoy Kentucky's stumbles just like you're enjoy Louisville's fall from grace.;)

Sea Ray
10-21-2007, 02:21 PM
I think that player knew what he was doing and figured what the heck. Then the refs let him get away with it. That was indeed very bad.

Isn't there such thing as an illegal fair catch signal which is flagged for 5 yds? It seems to me I've seen that call made by the refs who call a 5 yd delay of game penalty in such a case. Seems to me if they didn't recognize the fair catch then they should have at least made the illegal fair catch call.

WMR
10-21-2007, 02:21 PM
I know and hopefully things don't continue this way. We're awful and I don't know how much I can take.

Anyway, in this disaster of a season I still enjoy Kentucky's stumbles just like you're enjoy Louisville's fall from grace.;)

That's why you're a Louisville fan and we're UK fans. :laugh:

Sorry to say, though, Josh, you guys should have made more hay while the Tubster was still here. No more bball wins for you versus UK now that Billy G. is in town.

joshnky
10-21-2007, 02:58 PM
That's why you're a Louisville fan and we're UK fans. :laugh:

Sorry to say, though, Josh, you guys should have made more hay while the Tubster was still here. No more bball wins for you versus UK now that Billy G. is in town.

You're dreaming. This years Louisville team is loaded while Kentucky is rebuilding.

And don't be too quick to anoint Billy G. before he has actually done anything. We thought the same thing about Kragthorpe and look how that has turned out.

Blimpie
10-21-2007, 05:42 PM
You're dreaming. This years Louisville team is loaded while Kentucky is rebuilding.

And don't be too quick to anoint Billy G. before he has actually done anything. We thought the same thing about Kragthorpe and look how that has turned out.Rebuilding? From what? The ashes of the 2006-07 season?

Have you seen UK's projected starting lineup lately?

Cedric
10-22-2007, 12:26 AM
Somewhat. Joe Paterno being mentally insane was also some of that. Refs are bad in every conference. Remember Oregon vs Oklahoma? Talk about worst refs ever.

Cedric
10-22-2007, 12:27 AM
I wonder if lurkers or impartial posters believe that Kentucky fans or Ohio State fans are more arrogant?

At least Ohio State has done something in the past ten years though. jk guys. Don't get all fired up.

Blimpie
10-22-2007, 11:19 PM
I wonder if lurkers or impartial posters believe that Kentucky fans or Ohio State fans are more arrogant?

At least Ohio State has done something in the past ten years though. jk guys. Don't get all fired up.Not sure which sport you are referring to, but if it is basketball, just what exactly has OSU done within the last ten years that UK has not?

WMR
10-23-2007, 03:38 AM
Not sure which sport you are referring to, but if it is basketball, just what exactly has OSU done within the last ten years that UK has not?

Been put on probation?

ba-dum-dum

WMR
10-23-2007, 03:40 AM
To address your point, however, Cedric: If you're talking about football and UK fans, I think you're way off-base here. I, along with the other UK fans, have been EXTREMELY excited about what we've experienced this year, but I don't think anyone has thought--or posted--as though we are now some sort of perennial SEC powerhouse or something... (now if we were in the Big 10, MAYBE ;))

Sea Ray
10-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Not sure which sport you are referring to, but if it is basketball, just what exactly has OSU done within the last ten years that UK has not?

Seeing as this is a football thread I would no more assume he's talking about basketball as I would any other sport.

Chip R
10-23-2007, 11:27 AM
The Big East has admitted the official made a mistake on that play.

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071023/SPT02/710230344/1035

Blimpie
10-23-2007, 03:20 PM
Seeing as this is a football thread I would no more assume he's talking about basketball as I would any other sport.I agree in general; however, his post was immediately following a discussion (albeit brief) about the UK basketball team...hence, my request for clarification.

bucksfan2
10-23-2007, 04:14 PM
I just watched the play and one thing suprised me. After the ball was caught. It looked like the offical (not sure which one is by the kick returner) causally began to walk towards the spot where the KR caught the ball. What I find ironic was that the returner waived once above his head, caught the ball, and never stopped going. It was bush league play by UConn and a horriable call by the refs. The officials need to come out and apoligize to the UL players and coaching staff for their horriable call. Officials in football need to take accountability for their calls.

stevekun
10-23-2007, 04:24 PM
UK fans have even taken over this thread....man UK fans...get a life. Bye the way, does it bother you UK fans that Hal Mume had a better winning Percentage at UK than Brooks?