PDA

View Full Version : Bearcats coming back to Earth?

Matt700wlw
10-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Lose to Pitt....24-17..

Their second straight loss, to non-ranked teams, in the Big East.

RUT ROH!

dougdirt
10-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Not sure they are coming back to earth.... they are much better than they have played the last two weeks.

That said, there were some 'homer' calls in todays game against UC that hurt them big time. Never should have been a game though.

SeeinRed
10-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Per Josh's blog

Bandwagon? What bandwagon?

Just came over to the Lindner Center to get some work done. Saw the first tent of the day (student tickets are being handed out tomorrow). It's raining, but it's there. I guess those students really want their free tickets.

I don't know that everyone jumped off the bandwagon like many expected. Just one tent yes, but I for one am still excited about UC football. This team is good. They are a much better team that they played like the past two weeks. Don't fumble the ball, and they are still undefeated IMO.

Cedric
10-23-2007, 11:10 PM
Per Josh's blog

I don't know that everyone jumped off the bandwagon like many expected. Just one tent yes, but I for one am still excited about UC football. This team is good. They are a much better team that they played like the past two weeks. Don't fumble the ball, and they are still undefeated IMO.

If Dantonio was the coach this team would be undefeated. He built arguably the best defense this University has ever seen. They had a pretty easy early schedule and Dantonio wouldn't have let his offense lose games for him. Brian Kelly might be a great coach, but he deserves most of his credit for playing exciting football and pimping his program. He hasn't shown to be an overall smart coach though.

The great coaches don't let decent offenses lose games when you have an incredible defense. Dantonio knew what it took to build a great team. It's not his fault that Cincinnati fans are front runners and don't come out because of tradition and other reasons. You shouldn't have to play Texas Tech style football to bring out fans. If that is what it takes you might as well quit considering a BCS game. Ever.

SeeinRed
10-24-2007, 01:29 PM
If Dantonio was the coach this team would be undefeated. He built arguably the best defense this University has ever seen. They had a pretty easy early schedule and Dantonio wouldn't have let his offense lose games for him. Brian Kelly might be a great coach, but he deserves most of his credit for playing exciting football and pimping his program. He hasn't shown to be an overall smart coach though.

The great coaches don't let decent offenses lose games when you have an incredible defense. Dantonio knew what it took to build a great team. It's not his fault that Cincinnati fans are front runners and don't come out because of tradition and other reasons. You shouldn't have to play Texas Tech style football to bring out fans. If that is what it takes you might as well quit considering a BCS game. Ever.

Kelly is a pretty young coach. This team is still designed to Dantonio's liking. We'll see what kind of team Kelly designs. The offense will be exciting, but as you eluded to, I don't how he will handle the defensive side of things. I don't know that this team is undefeated under Dantonio though. I think one thing that Kelly does do well is prepare his team. Maybe not so much the last two games, but they didn't play down to their opponents like you might have seen in the past. I think you need to give Kelly some more time before considering him to be a not overall smart coach as you put it. I see your point though. Maybe I'm just too optomistic.

Redlegs23
10-24-2007, 09:51 PM
I hate that the potentially magical season might not take place because of these losses, but I'm not even close to jumping off the bandwagon. I'm still pumped for the future of UC football.

Cedric
10-25-2007, 12:29 AM
Kelly is a pretty young coach. This team is still designed to Dantonio's liking. We'll see what kind of team Kelly designs. The offense will be exciting, but as you eluded to, I don't how he will handle the defensive side of things. I don't know that this team is undefeated under Dantonio though. I think one thing that Kelly does do well is prepare his team. Maybe not so much the last two games, but they didn't play down to their opponents like you might have seen in the past. I think you need to give Kelly some more time before considering him to be a not overall smart coach as you put it. I see your point though. Maybe I'm just too optomistic.

I just can't imagine Dantonio letting his team play like that against Pitt. Kelly admitted he was somewhat to blame. Dantonio is an incredibly passionate coach. I just can't see him allowing his team to not play with emotion from down one. In fact I never saw UC show any lack of effort under him. Not one time.

paintmered
10-25-2007, 06:26 AM
I just can't imagine Dantonio letting his team play like that against Pitt.

Obviously, you weren't at the Pitt game last year.

Cedric
10-25-2007, 04:54 PM
Obviously, you weren't at the Pitt game last year.

Obviously totally different teams. This is 2007 not 2006. They lost last year because of mistakes, never was effort mentioned.

Palko was about ten times better than Bostic and we still lost this last week. Plus this years team is much deeper and older.

Pitt also had a 5-0 start and beating UC was the 2nd win. You can't at all compare this year to last year. Don't forget that Revis was on that Pitt team also. They don't have anyone even in his universe this year.

GoReds33
10-25-2007, 06:10 PM
I for one didn't jump off the bandwagon. I was there vs. Louisville, and plan to be there the for the UConn game.