PDA

View Full Version : No Ohio State?

TeamBoone
10-20-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm furious! According to my TV listings, either the Miami-FSU or Michigan-OSU game to be aired in Cincinnati.

Guess which one we are getting?

Matt700wlw
10-20-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm in Toledo for the weekend, and I get to see Ohio State!

TeamBoone
10-20-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm in Toledo for the weekend, and I get to see Ohio State!

That is just not fair.

For the life of me, I can't come up with a reason why it isn't being aired here.

TeamBoone
10-20-2007, 03:50 PM
OK, I'm happy now. It's being aired on ABC rather than ESPN2.

Whew!

Matt700wlw
10-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Looking at the TV set now, mine's ABC too....

I guess there never was an issue :lol:

TeamBoone
10-20-2007, 04:03 PM
I guess not, except I only saw it on ESPN2 the first time around. My bad.

Matt700wlw
10-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Ohio State up 10...at home.

Ballgame!! :D

Unassisted
10-20-2007, 05:15 PM
My local newspaper said the Buckeyes wouldn't be on TV here today. Since the paper has been wrong before, I checked both of the ESPNs and found them on ESPN 2. Don't believe everything you read. :)

RedFanAlways1966
10-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Ohio State up 10...at home.

Ballgame!! :D

Matt, you almost spoke too soon! They were up 24-0 in the 3rd when I had to leave for my son's HS soccer tourney game. I had no problem leaving at that point. At the soccer game they announced over the PA that OSU won 24-17. I couldn't believe the close score. Then I heard what happened. Wow... but a win is a win.

Unassisted
10-21-2007, 10:23 AM
At the soccer game they announced over the PA that OSU won 24-17. I couldn't believe the close score. Then I heard what happened. Wow... but a win is a win.A win is a win, but Achilles showed his heel in that game. I'm sure the MSU's 56-second 2-touchdown outburst will be the most-viewed piece of video that the Buckeyes next 3 opponents have ever seen. :(

bucksfan2
10-23-2007, 03:40 PM
A win is a win, but Achilles showed his heel in that game. I'm sure the MSU's 56-second 2-touchdown outburst will be the most-viewed piece of video that the Buckeyes next 3 opponents have ever seen. :(

An achilles heel showed??? It was more like two busted playes that went the other way for td's.

Don't get too excited that score could have been quite a bit worse. Tressel isn't into blowing teams out rather when the game is in control he works on certain things in order to make his teams better.

Unassisted
10-23-2007, 04:45 PM
An achilles heel showed??? It was more like two busted playes that went the other way for td's.
The plays were busted for a reason. I saw it as an inability to handle certain kinds of blitz packages. Other analysts I've read since making that post have suggested that MSU used a similar defense to what Florida used in January.

registerthis
10-23-2007, 05:43 PM
The plays were busted for a reason. I saw it as an inability to handle certain kinds of blitz packages. Other analysts I've read since making that post have suggested that MSU used a similar defense to what Florida used in January.

Meh, I'd rather have not seen the turnovers, but I can't see reading too much into two busted plays. If it was such a rousing success, why did it only "work" on those two plays? And why have no other teams used it to any success?

guttle11
10-23-2007, 05:48 PM

Then why couldn't they shut them down the other 59 minutes of the game? Was that the only two times they used those packages? Probably not, right? Then why didn't those packages work the rest of the game?

The answer? It was two plays that had the worst possible outcome for the offense out of 50-60 or more, also known as a fluke. Sure, had Wells not recovered the second fumble they could have lost the game, but that doesn't change the fact it was a fluke. Back to back defensive scores do not offset 59 minutes of total and complete domination. Not even had the final score been different.

EDIT: or what reg said above me.

traderumor
10-23-2007, 09:25 PM
The plays were busted for a reason. I saw it as an inability to handle certain kinds of blitz packages. Other analysts I've read since making that post have suggested that MSU used a similar defense to what Florida used in January.The blitz package that basically worked on two plays--compared to what Florida did? Gotta be Mark May. FYI, the interception was a hot read pass that he threw behind the receiver. And I'm not even an analyst ;)

LoganBuck
10-23-2007, 09:40 PM
The blitz package that basically worked on two plays--compared to what Florida did? Gotta be Mark May. FYI, the interception was a hot read pass that he threw behind the receiver. And I'm not even an analyst ;)

I had to listen to the Michigan State postgame, (once more for all you WLW haters, listening to low powered local stations really stinks Sidney 10 miles away no signal, 760 WJR 200 miles away crystal clear), the defensive lineman that hit Boeckman was interviewed, and he talked about how the protection was busted, because they were able to beat Jim Cordle because of his broken arm. He gave props to Cordle for the rest of the game, because of how well he played with one arm.

Unassisted
10-23-2007, 11:28 PM
The blitz package that basically worked on two plays--compared to what Florida did? Gotta be Mark May. FYI, the interception was a hot read pass that he threw behind the receiver. And I'm not even an analyst ;)
Might have been May. It was in the Dispatch.

traderumor
10-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Might have been May. It was in the Dispatch.
Different May--that would be Tim May. Mark May is the genius who would probably deadpan the 1968 Buckeyes as overrated and recently dubbed South Florida as the most legitimate #1 team after LSU lost. Of course, that worked out well for him. ;)