PDA

View Full Version : Hey UK fans....

TeamSelig
10-22-2007, 10:54 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/48681/20071022/warriors_going_very_small_to_open_season/

It looks like Azubuike has won a starting job for the Golden State Warriors! Hope he succeeds and turns into a star.

WMR
10-22-2007, 10:57 PM
What did Tubby say... "Look like Tarzan, play like Jane."

Azubuike really should have come back for that last season that basically ended up being a wasted year for him anyway... of course, that's neither here nor there.

Blimpie
10-22-2007, 11:10 PM
What did Tubby say... "Look like Tarzan, play like Jane."My second favorite line ever uttered by a UK hoops coach.

The first honor goes to Rick Pitino. Who, when asked by a reporter about the observed level of conditioning of (then Freshman) Antoine Walker, responded:

"When I had decided to recruit Antoine, I had no idea he suffered from emphysema"

cumberlandreds
10-23-2007, 07:19 AM

Azubuike really should have come back for that last season that basically ended up being a wasted year for him anyway... of course, that's neither here nor there.

His family put extreme pressure on him to turn pro early. If you remember his dad was convicted on some kind of fraud charge that if he paid back what he had defrauded his jail time would be reduced. I always felt bad for KAZ because of his fathers situation and he was really caught between a rock and hard place because of that. I'm glad he is doing well now and hope he won't let his family take all his money now.

dabvu2498
10-23-2007, 08:04 AM

"Run like a deer, jump like a deer, think like a deer..."

That wasn't Tubby, that was Rex Chapman.

WMR
10-23-2007, 08:40 AM
His family put extreme pressure on him to turn pro early. If you remember his dad was convicted on some kind of fraud charge that if he paid back what he had defrauded his jail time would be reduced. I always felt bad for KAZ because of his fathers situation and he was really caught between a rock and hard place because of that. I'm glad he is doing well now and hope he won't let his family take all his money now.

Yeah that's the most unfortunate thing... he actually hurt his dollars long-term because he made basically no money from that extra year he got after leaving UK early and he probably would have played himself into becoming a first round draft selection had he stayed.