PDA

View Full Version : Would you have done this?

bthomasiscool
10-25-2007, 05:48 PM
I was criticized by my buddy for doing this trade. I think I got the better side of the deal. What do you think?

I traded:

WR Vincent Jackson
WR Greg Jennings
RB Reggie Bush
RB Laurence Maroney
TE Heath Miller

I received:

WR Marvin Harrison
RB Marion Barber
WR Reggie Brown
TE Greg Olsen

My team now:

QB: Jeff Garcia
QB: Marc Bulger
RB: Tomlinson
RB: Marion Barber
RB: Kevin Jones
RB: Earnest Graham
TE: Todd Heap
TE: Greg Olsen
WR:Anquan Boldin
WR:Torry Holt
WR:Marvin Harrison
WR:Santonio Holmes
WR:Santana Moss
K: Josh Brown
DEF:New England

Buckeye33
10-25-2007, 06:10 PM
I was criticized by my buddy for doing this trade. I think I got the better side of the deal. What do you think?

I traded:

WR Vincent Jackson
WR Greg Jennings
RB Reggie Bush
RB Laurence Maroney
TE Heath Miller

I received:

WR Marvin Harrison
RB Marion Barber
WR Reggie Brown
TE Greg Olsen

My team now:

QB: Jeff Garcia
QB: Marc Bulger
RB: Tomlinson
RB: Marion Barber
RB: Kevin Jones
RB: Earnest Graham
TE: Todd Heap
TE: Greg Olsen
WR:Anquan Boldin
WR:Torry Holt
WR:Marvin Harrison
WR:Santonio Holmes
WR:Santana Moss
K: Josh Brown
DEF:New England

It depends on how many RBs you start. Jennings and Jackson are WR3s at best, so getting Harrison for those 2 is good as long as he gets healthy.

Giving up Bush and Maroney for Barber, Olsen, and Brown is where you get the worst end of the deal. Unless Barber takes over full duty in Dallas, Bush/Maroney will out preform those 3 by a lot.

Not every trade someone makes has to be lopsided in your favor to be a beneficial trade.

You still have 1 stud RB, and 2 good RBs. You have 3 stud WRs. I think you should now try to flip your WR depth for an upgrade at QB. Garcia and Bulger are not going to win you any championships.

GoReds33
10-27-2007, 02:47 PM
I would have done this trade. I am not a big Reggie Bush fan. I wouldn't want to get rid of Miller, but for what you got back it wasn't a bad move.

Stephenk29
10-29-2007, 10:54 AM
i don't think you lost anywhere. Bush is overrated.

NJReds
10-29-2007, 12:03 PM
I think it's a great deal for you if Harrison gets back on the field. Olsen is becoming a bigger part of Chicago's offense every week. Barber does what Mulroney doesn't ... get in the end zone. Vincent Jackson's name is only popular among fantasy players who bought into the preseason hype. Now he's the #3 WR and the #5 option on the checkdown list for a team that doesn't throw all that often.