PDA

View Full Version : We should compile a list of Leagues and who they tend to favor, batter or pitcher...

TC81190
10-27-2007, 02:17 PM
It would be something like

Florida State League - Pitcher's League
International League - Hitter's League
etc. etc.

And then we could denote which league has Reds minor league affiliate teams in it.

I think this would be helpful, because often times here I see a player being discussed as being better or worse than I perceived them to be because of the league they play in. Something like this would help clarify.

TOBTTReds
10-30-2007, 01:10 PM
Here's your source.

http://firstinning.com/pf/?type=basic&lg=MIDW&min=250&season=2007

gonelong
10-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Here's your source.

http://firstinning.com/pf/?type=basic&lg=MIDW&min=250&season=2007

This is fantastic. I have something similar in my signature for awhile, but nobody seemed to care.

I think a sticky in the minor leagure forum with "Minor League Resources" might be nice.

GL

dougdirt
10-30-2007, 03:02 PM
I wouldn't put too much into 1 year park factors. The talent on a team or in a league can have a big affect on it. Baseball Think Factory has up 3 year park factors and league factors that I would consider much more accurate.

TC81190
10-30-2007, 11:46 PM
I wouldn't put too much into 1 year park factors. The talent on a team or in a league can have a big affect on it. Baseball Think Factory has up 3 year park factors and league factors that I would consider much more accurate.

Is it that a certain league has parks in it with bigger/smaller dimensions, talent shifts from better hitters to better pitchers, climate etc. ?

dougdirt
10-31-2007, 09:13 AM
Is it that a certain league has parks in it with bigger/smaller dimensions, talent shifts from better hitters to better pitchers, climate etc. ?

Yes. The size of parks and the environment of the parks really have a lot to do with park factors. Over the course of 1 season, having a really talented or really weak class can really throw a wrench into a stadium or leagues factor. That why I think a 3-5 year sample is much better.