PDA

View Full Version : Bearcats struggling against NKU

GoReds33
10-31-2007, 09:07 PM
In a game that was considered an easy win the Cats are only up by one with 7:55 left in the game. This is really concerning me. If anyone is intrested, the link to the NKU broadcast is here:
http://www.nku.edu/~athletics/0708%20broadcast%20page.html

Go Cats!!!:)

GoReds33
10-31-2007, 09:14 PM
Now the Norse are down by one with 2:56 left.

paintmered
10-31-2007, 09:43 PM
76-71. UC wins. NKU made 16 3s in the game.

Good thing it was only exhibition.

Redlegs23
10-31-2007, 10:20 PM
Ugly. But if I remember right Louisville struggled with someone in a similar way in an exhibition game last year. These games are about as meaningful as a practice, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I am dissapointed in tonights game.

WMR
10-31-2007, 10:22 PM
Ugly. But if I remember right Louisville struggled with someone in a similar way in an exhibition game last year. These games are about as meaningful as a practice, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I am dissapointed in tonights game.

::proud:: That would be MY alma mater, tiny little NAIA Georgetown College, playing out of beautiful and scenic Georgetown, Kentucky. :D

KronoRed
11-01-2007, 02:09 AM
Fear the mighty Norse

dabvu2498
11-01-2007, 03:18 PM
::proud:: That would be MY alma mater, tiny little NAIA Georgetown College, playing out of beautiful and scenic Georgetown, Kentucky. :D

:D Happy Osborne's a cheater! :D

WMR
11-01-2007, 03:20 PM
:D Happy Osborne's a cheater! :D

Happy is GOD. :D

Amazing the level of talent he brings into that bball program year in and year out.

There's always 2-3 D-1 players who transfer in because things didn't work out for one reason or another at their previous school.

Why do you say he's a cheater? Or are you just busting chops?

dabvu2498
11-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Happy is GOD. :D

Amazing the level of talent he brings into that bball program year in and year out.

There's always 2-3 D-1 players who transfer in because things didn't work out for one reason or another at their previous school.

Why do you say he's a cheater? Or are you just busting chops?

A little of both. There have always been questions about his methods in getting those D1 transfers.

This year's Tiger roster features 5 D1 transfers, 3 D2 transfers, and 2 JUCOs. That'll raise some eyebrows. You can tell others in his profession don't particularly care for Happy because of their non-conference schedule. Very few "reputable" NAIA programs will play him.

About 4 years ago he had a kid transfer in for one year only that was already the all-time leading shot blocker at some D1 school... Canisius maybe. I always found that amusing.

WMR
11-01-2007, 06:48 PM
I think the biggest reason that he gets the players that he does is that he has excellent contacts, Georgetown has an excellent national reputation for being a place to play a "fun" brand of basketball with the ability to compete for a national championship year in and year out, but, most importantly, the restrictions on NAIA players versus those in the NCAA are much more lax.

Combine the reputation, contacts, and rule requirements for NAIA schools versus NCAA schools and you have a sort of "perfect storm" to land top-notch collegiate basketball players who are not succeeding for one reason or another at D-1 basketball programs.

I think others won't play him for the reasons that I just outlined. Lots of sour grapes, IMO, for the type of players that Happy successfully lands that many other programs are unable to replicate.

I've never heard anything about any players receiving money or anything like that... And I do know for a fact that if Georgetown President Bill Crouch heard even a whisper of such actions he'd investigate it and remove Happy from his position if found to be valid.

I was actually in the same fraternity as a guy who managed the team for his 4 years at GC. He helped create a database of players leaving D1 programs and contacted EVERY SINGLE one of those programs and inquired about the players who were leaving. According to him, no one had ever done that before.