PDA

View Full Version : The 2007-2008 Kentucky Wildcats basketball thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

WMR
01-12-2008, 03:29 PM
C'mon boys!!

jmac
01-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Vandy has sure helped out on those last two possesions.

WMR
01-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Get the ball to Patrick Patterson, RAMEL!!!

WMR
01-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Vandy has sure helped out on those last two possesions.

No kidding.

We sure cranked up the turnover machine this half. :eek:

WMR
01-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Jasper's gotta learn to quit surrendering his dribble so easily.

WMR
01-12-2008, 04:18 PM
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo

WVRed
01-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Kentucky wins in double overtime 79-73.

WMR
01-12-2008, 04:19 PM
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::c ool::cool::cool::cool::beerme::beerme::beerme::bee rme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerm e::mooner::mooner::mooner::mooner::mooner::mooner: :mooner::mooner::all_cohol:all_cohol:all_cohol:all _cohol:all_cohol:all_cohol:all_cohol:all_cohol:all _cohol:all_cohol:party::party::party::party::party ::party::party::party::party::party::luvu::luvu::l uvu::luvu::luvu::luvu::luvu::luvu::luvu::jump::jum p::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump: :jump::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::p imp::pimp::pimp::pimp::explode::explode::explode:: explode::explode::explode::roll::roll::roll::roll: :roll::roll::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yi kes::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:: shocked::owned::owned::owned::owned::owned::owned: :KoolAid::KoolAid::KoolAid::KoolAid::KoolAid::Kool Aid::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runawaycr :runawaycr:runawaycr:runawaycr:drink::drink::drink ::drink::drink::drink::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:: bowrofl::dancingco:dancingco:dancingco:dancingco:d ancingco:dancingco:dancingco:dancingco:notworthy:n otworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:n otworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

WMR
01-12-2008, 04:28 PM
That game was exhausting to watch. :laugh:

WMR
01-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Dab got to see a hell of a game.

GoReds33
01-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Congrats UK fans. You can only be terrible so long at UK. Eventually something's gonna happen.:)

jmac
01-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Nice game.
I will admit,once it went to OT, I figured that was it. I do mean a loss btw.

joshnky
01-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Nice game.
I will admit,once it went to OT, I figured that was it. I do mean a loss btw.

I was prepared to come on here to make a joke asking which team Stephenson was playing for but the Cats surprised me. I'm not sure if Vandy is as good as their ranking but it was a good win nonetheless.

jmac
01-12-2008, 06:33 PM
I was prepared to come on here to make a joke asking which team Stephenson was playing for but the Cats surprised me. I'm not sure if Vandy is as good as their ranking but it was a good win nonetheless.

Believe me, right now I will take a win over anyone.
Besides it is good to see Billy Clyde do something Tubby hadnt done for two years and that is win vs Vandy at Rupp.

I dont think Vandy is as good as their ranking "yet" but they proved tougher than I thought they would (after falling behind twice by big margins).

WVRed
01-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Believe me, right now I will take a win over anyone.
Besides it is good to see Billy Clyde do something Tubby hadnt done for two years and that is win vs Vandy at Rupp.

I dont think Vandy is as good as their ranking "yet" but they proved tougher than I thought they would (after falling behind twice by big margins).

What impressed me the most was that this team played so much more physical than any team I have seen in a long time. None of Tubby's teams showed the type of tenacity that was shown today.

And thinking about it, I do kinda wonder if the Jon Stewart death(top signee of Kentucky's who died during a HS game) affected him and played a role in how Tubby conditions his players. It seemed like after that was when the conditioning went downhill for Kentucky.

Gillispie plays such a Jeckyll/Hyde type of practice and how he runs the team. Sometimes I think he lets them lose on purpose(Gardner Webb says hi) to teach them a lesson that they are not bigger than they think they are. Unfortunately, one player on the team almost singlehandedly cost Kentucky the game today, and he is starting to become my least favorite Wildcat behind this guy...

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/ncb/2000/1203/photo/a_smith_vt.jpg

WMR
01-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Are his initials R.B.?

:laugh:

WMR
01-12-2008, 06:53 PM
What about the defensive effort of Joe Crawford on Shan Foster in the 2 overtime periods?

Shan Foster - 2 OTs - 0--Yes, ZERO!!--points!!

Very impressed with Joe's defensive effort versus Shan. I've really dogged his defense at times, but he really took his job to heart versus Shan.

jmac
01-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Did anyone hear what was up with Jasper's injury ?
And what is Meeks condition?
I havent caught too much extras lately only the actual game.

jmac
01-12-2008, 08:46 PM
What impressed me the most was that this team played so much more physical than any team I have seen in a long time. None of Tubby's teams showed the type of tenacity that was shown today.

And thinking about it, I do kinda wonder if the Jon Stewart death(top signee of Kentucky's who died during a HS game) affected him and played a role in how Tubby conditions his players. It seemed like after that was when the conditioning went downhill for Kentucky.

Gillispie plays such a Jeckyll/Hyde type of practice and how he runs the team. Sometimes I think he lets them lose on purpose(Gardner Webb says hi) to teach them a lesson that they are not bigger than they think they are. Unfortunately, one player on the team almost singlehandedly cost Kentucky the game today, and he is starting to become my least favorite Wildcat behind this guy...

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/ncb/2000/1203/photo/a_smith_vt.jpg

The rebounding today was incredible. Also the hustle as Billy Clyde said ,they challenged basically "every" play.
The part that bothered me the most was they seemed to forget that one kid late in the game. Let's see ...what is his name...oh yeah Patrick Patterson. Probably part of the reason for forgetting was that player you spoke of without naming ;)

jmac
01-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Hey WVReds , were you around during the Sutton years (not sure how old you are) ?
Anyway just wondering how you compare Sean Sutton and Saul Smith.

joshnky
01-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like Gus Johnson is everywhere? First, Bengals games and now UK games on CBS. I don't know if I can put up with him for 8-9 months out of the year.

WVRed
01-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Hey WVReds , were you around during the Sutton years (not sure how old you are) ?
Anyway just wondering how you compare Sean Sutton and Saul Smith.

I was like 4.

I don't know much about Sutton, but everything I have read from people who attended UK who knew Saul Smith said that he was one of the least liked players just based on his personality.

I don't think it was so much Saul's play, but the fact that his dad gave him the benefit of the doubt. I actually did like Tubby's oldest son when he was at Georgia, so its not so much the favoritism.

jmac
01-12-2008, 10:18 PM
I was like 4.

I don't know much about Sutton, but everything I have read from people who attended UK who knew Saul Smith said that he was one of the least liked players just based on his personality.

I don't think it was so much Saul's play, but the fact that his dad gave him the benefit of the doubt. I actually did like Tubby's oldest son when he was at Georgia, so its not so much the favoritism.
I dont know about their personalities but situation was almost identical otherwise.
Both couldnt shoot much.
Both had daddies as their coach.
Both point guards.
Both was going to play regardless.

Yeah Tubby's other son could play pretty good.

dabvu2498
01-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Dab got to see a hell of a game.

They decided to play defense and some unselfish basketball in one of the two games I want to see them lose all year.

One of my boys told me Clark Kellog was calling it a "signature win." Call me crazy, but typically signature wins do more than get you back to .500.

Anyway, Dores play terribly for about 33 minutes, UK played pretty well.

WMR
01-12-2008, 11:06 PM
Where were your seats?

Rupp looked to be rockin' pretty hard.

Topcat
01-13-2008, 02:11 AM
Wow Kentucky won a game? Color me shocked lol.

BRM
01-14-2008, 09:26 AM
Nice win for the Cats. That was a pretty good game to watch.

WMR
01-16-2008, 08:53 PM
Texas A&M vs. Texas Tech on ESPN2 tonight @ 9:30.

Good chance to see what a BCG-led UK team might look like in a couple years.

They've beat they're last 8 opponents by an average of something like 28 ppg. and are currently ranked 9th in the nation.

Talk about leaving a full cupboard for your successor!!

Getting to see The General is an added bonus.

WVRed
01-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Ok, lets talk about the elephant in the room.

Out of the blocks last night by Varnado, I would say 3-4 were fouls.

Just sayin'.

WMR
01-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Ok, lets talk about the elephant in the room.

Out of the blocks last night by Varnado, I would say 3-4 were fouls.

Just sayin'.

Oh my god, WV, I was posting in the KY Ink. game thread last night, so I didn't bring it up here yet, but that was one of the WORST OFFICIATED GAMES THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN. SERIOUSLY, IT WAS THAT BAD. And just as bad as the officiating: the announcing. Wow did Dykes and Nessler not give UK any credit or what?!?!?!?!!?!? They NEVER talked about UK fighting back... to have heard them talk, you'd have thought UK was down 25!!!!

The officiating in that game was beyond pathetic.

I'll say here what I said in the game thread last night: "Everyone in the SEC, enjoy this year... that's all I'm going to say."

joshnky
01-17-2008, 06:10 AM
Texas A&M vs. Texas Tech on ESPN2 tonight @ 9:30.

Good chance to see what a BCG-led UK team might look like in a couple years.

They've beat they're last 8 opponents by an average of something like 28 ppg. and are currently ranked 9th in the nation.

Talk about leaving a full cupboard for your successor!!

Getting to see The General is an added bonus.

So next year UK will lose 68-53 to mediocre teams like Tech? Huh, that sounds a little like this year.

BRM
01-17-2008, 09:19 AM
So next year UK will lose 68-53 to mediocre teams like Tech? Huh, that sounds a little like this year.

I can only hope...

:p:

dabvu2498
01-17-2008, 09:51 AM

RPI ratings of A+M's previous 8 opponents: 279, 247, 273, 173, 217, 224, 191, 148.

Granted, they whipped those teams pretty soundly, which is more than we can say for Coach G's current team. :D

And yes, WilyMo, I know they beat my boys. It's alright, Rupp's still a tough place to play... unless you're Gardner-Webb.

WMR
01-17-2008, 02:18 PM
Talk about getting ganged up on in a thread!!!!!

:eek:

BRM
01-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Talk about getting ganged up on in a thread!!!!!

What do you mean? dab gave props to Rupp Arena. :)

WMR
01-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Yeah, he gave mad respect, especially his Gardner-Webb shout-out!! :lol:

dabvu2498
01-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Yeah, he gave mad respect, especially his Gardner-Webb shout-out!! :lol:

I could have included the University of San Diego Toreros. But didn't. Until now.

BRM
01-17-2008, 02:26 PM
See, dab was being very nice. You forced him to bring up San Diego.

WMR
01-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... touche

WMR
01-17-2008, 02:28 PM
I hope your boys kick the Vols' butts tonight, dab. I'll be cheering them on.

dabvu2498
01-17-2008, 02:34 PM
I hope your boys kick the Vols' butts tonight, dab. I'll be cheering them on.

Yeah, me too. I'm not too optimistic. UT presents some tough matchups for my boys. And Lofton's due to break out with a big game anytime. And we're going to have to put up with that infernal orange blazer. Awful.

SEC schedule-makers didn't do Vandy any favors. This is going to be a tough, tough stretch for them.

BRM
01-17-2008, 02:35 PM
I see the Cats play the Gators this weekend. It's on ESPN so I may watch it...as long as UK can keep it interesting.

WMR
01-17-2008, 03:05 PM
I see the Cats play the Gators this weekend. It's on ESPN so I may watch it...as long as UK can keep it interesting.

Florida got beat by Ole Miss last night.

Andy Kennedy is a hell of a coach.

BRM
01-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Florida got beat by Ole Miss last night.

Andy Kennedy is a hell of a coach.

Ole Miss is a pretty good squad.

WMR
01-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Are you guys going to give Tubby a good spanking tonight?

dabvu2498
01-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Ole Miss is a pretty good squad.

Chris Warren is niiiiiiiiiiiiiice. The Gaskins kid looked real good last night, too.

I don't think I can remember a season where I've seen so many impressive freshmen.

BRM
01-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Are you guys going to give Tubby a good spanking tonight?

The game is in Minneapolis so I don't expect it to be a cakewalk.

WMR
01-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Chris Warren is niiiiiiiiiiiiiice. The Gaskins kid looked real good last night, too.

I don't think I can remember a season where I've seen so many impressive freshmen.

The SEC is going to be REAL good in a year or two if most of these kids stick around.

WMR
01-17-2008, 03:28 PM
The game is in Minneapolis so I don't expect it to be a cakewalk.

What about your guys' Pillsbury Dough Boy???

BRM
The SEC is going to be REAL good in a year or two if most of these kids stick around.

If you get 2 years out of a stud freshman, you are pretty darn lucky.

WMR
If you get 2 years out of a stud freshman, you are pretty darn lucky.

Yep.

On a somewhat side note: I really wish the NBA execs had held fast on the 2 year deal instead of settling for 1.

BRM
01-17-2008, 03:29 PM
What about your guys' Pillsbury Dough Boy???

What about him?

WMR
01-17-2008, 03:29 PM
What about him?

I don't know. He annoys me. :lol:

BRM
01-17-2008, 03:32 PM
I don't know. He annoys me. :lol:

He'd be starting for UK.

BRM
01-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Yep.

On a somewhat side note: I really wish the NBA execs had held fast on the 2 year deal instead of settling for 1.

I wish they would have too.

WMR
01-17-2008, 03:33 PM
He'd be starting for UK.

I would love him then.

BRM
01-17-2008, 03:35 PM
I would love him then.

I bet you would. He's not getting all that much PT right now. His fellow JUCO transfer and buddy Jamarcus Ellis has been a real nice surprise this year. He's been solid.

WMR
01-17-2008, 03:35 PM
He's got a little bit of Big Baby in him.

BRM
01-17-2008, 03:37 PM
He's got a little bit of Big Baby in him.

I hope he ends up as good as Big Baby was.

BRM
01-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Speaking of stud freshman, how long do you guys reasonably expect Patterson to stay at Kentucky?

WMR
01-17-2008, 03:38 PM
I hope he ends up as good as Big Baby was.

Tonight is going to be a fun night for basketball...

Vols vs. Vandy ...

first time I'll have seen Tubby with his new squad. Very interested.

BRM
01-17-2008, 03:39 PM
Tonight is going to be a fun night for basketball...

Vols vs. Vandy ...

first time I'll have seen Tubby with his new squad. Very interested.

I didn't realize the Vols and Commodores were on tonight. It will be a good night indeed.

WMR
01-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Speaking of stud freshman, how long do you guys reasonably expect Patterson to stay at Kentucky?

Yanno, that is a matter of much concern/discussion, obviously.

Patterson and his mother have both maintained that he wants to stay 4 years and get his degree...

I would be quite surprised if that actually happens, but he definitely appears to have a really good head on his shoulders and he is a great kid... his size is one reason I think he might stay 2-3 years. He's a good 6' 8" but that's really it. He'll be going up against larger opponents EVERY NIGHT in the NBA... so far he has struggled against larger opponents; i.e. Varnardo @ MSU; Padgett @ UL etc. This is totally to be expected, however, considering he is, after all, a freshman.

My gut tells me 3. 2 wouldn't surprise me. I definitely think he'll be here at least one more season. Next year when Billy G gets a few more of his studs in here, he'll have a lot more fun, so that could play into his decision as well.

dabvu2498
01-17-2008, 03:45 PM
I didn't realize the Vols and Commodores were on tonight. It will be a good night indeed.

Louisville-Marquette is the ESPN2 game tonight. That ain't all bad, either.

BTW, the 3 "major" schools from Tennessee are a combined 45-2 as of now.

BRM
01-17-2008, 03:52 PM
If you get Patterson for 3 years, that would be super. Unless you're not a UK fan. ;)

We all knew from day one that Gordon was one and done. I wish he'd stay 2 but there is zero chance of that happening.

BRM
01-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Louisville-Marquette is the ESPN2 game tonight. That ain't all bad, either.

BTW, the 3 "major" schools from Tennessee are a combined 45-2 as of now.

Some very good hoops on tonight. I shall be glued to the tube with beer(s) in hand!

WMR
01-17-2008, 03:56 PM
If you get Patterson for 3 years, that would be super. Unless you're not a UK fan. ;)

We all knew from day one that Gordon was one and done. I wish he'd stay 2 but there is zero chance of that happening.

It's weird how much college basketball has changed in just the last ten years or so...

is there any way in hell a coach could assemble a team like that 1996 UK squad? Players of that caliber just DON'T stick around these days.

BRM
01-17-2008, 03:58 PM
You're absolutely right. The days of watching a Final Four chock full of very good junior and senior laden squads are pretty much over. Unless the "little" guys like Butler make a run.

BRM
01-17-2008, 03:59 PM
is there any way in hell a coach could assemble a team like that 1996 UK squad? Players of that caliber just DON'T stick around these days.

Or Tubby's 1998 squad. ;)

WMR
01-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Or Tubby's 1998 squad. ;)

Damn good point. Good ole Tubby, hell of a recruiter.

BRM
01-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Damn good point. Good ole Tubby, hell of a recruiter.

I was just giving you grief.

WMR
01-17-2008, 04:06 PM
Nooooooooooo, really??????

That's so out of character for you!!!

BRM
01-17-2008, 04:18 PM
I know. I hardly ever make smart-aleck comments.

WMR
01-17-2008, 04:23 PM
What do you get if you add the Louisville bball program, the Indiana bball program, and the Vandy bball program all together?

dabvu2498
01-17-2008, 04:24 PM
What do you get if you add the Louisville bball program, the Indiana bball program, and the Vandy bball program all together?

I can't wait for this one.

BRM
01-17-2008, 04:44 PM
7 National Championships?

WMR
01-17-2008, 05:48 PM
7 National Championships?

:thumbup:

The number of National Championships won by the University of Kentucky.

BRM
01-17-2008, 05:50 PM

Indiana has 5 of those 7.

WMR
01-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Indiana has 5 of those 7.

Wow, they do teach you guys math!

BRM
01-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Wow, they do teach you guys math!

Shocking, I know. Number 6 is coming soon with King Kelvin running the show.

WMR
01-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Shocking, I know. Number 6 is coming soon with King Kelvin running the show.

How long will the banner actually hang in the rafters?

WMR
01-17-2008, 07:59 PM
If I was an NBA GM, I would be salivating over the chance to draft Shan Foster.

WMR
01-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Josh: What are your thoughts on Louisville and Kentucky's future w/ Billy G?

joshnky
01-17-2008, 08:13 PM

But UofL, IU, and UK all have the same number since 1980. How do you know when UK is having a bad year? The fans refer to championships one in the 40s and 50s, 30 years before certain fans were born.

Its all what have you done lately and while none of the three have one the big one at least IU and UofL have shown life in recent years.

WMR
01-17-2008, 08:15 PM
But UofL, IU, and UK all have the same number since 1980. How do you know when UK is having a bad year? The fans refer to championships one in the 40s and 50s, 30 years before certain fans were born.

Its all what have you done lately and while none of the three have one the big one at least IU and UofL have shown life in recent years.

UK had a bad year last year and they're having another one this year.

Whenever you need to know whether or not UK is having a bad year, just come and ask me.

WMR
01-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Josh: Sorry, bud, I could not disagree more.

I double-majored in history and american studies in college... in no way is the complete picture "what have you done for me lately."

joshnky
01-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Josh: What are your thoughts on Louisville and Kentucky's future w/ Billy G?

I think UK will certainly be improved over the Tubby years but until BillyG hauls in a #1 or #2 recruiting class I'm not buying this super recruiter story.

I'm certainly biased against UK but realistically I think the series should bring a more exciting brand of basketball with better athletes. It seems like Pitino has also turned a corner on recruiting after several hits and misses. With a top five class coming next year that could be even better depending on the decision of one recruit, the Cards will certainly be loaded. While I'm rooting for BillyG to fail I have to admit that the Cats will certainly look a lot different next year as well.

joshnky
01-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Josh: Sorry, bud, I could not disagree more.

I double-majored in history and american studies in college... in no way is the complete picture "what have you done for me lately."

I guess its the engineer and MBA in me then. The business world is all about the present.

WMR
01-17-2008, 08:25 PM
I guess its the engineer and MBA in me then. The business world is all about the present.

I'm not sure what the law student in me should think. :lol:

WMR
01-17-2008, 08:44 PM

You're not trying to compare the profitability of Louisville bball versus Kentucky bball, I hope?

joshnky
01-17-2008, 09:42 PM
You're not trying to compare the profitability of Louisville bball versus Kentucky bball, I hope?

This is a very interesting comparison. I'd heard that UofL basketball was a cash cow due largely to a sweet deal with Freedom Hall, so I did some research and found this article (http://www.forbes.com/sportsbusiness/2007/12/27/college-basketball-valuations-biz-sports_cz_js_0102basketball.html) at Forbes.com.

UNC ranked number one as the most valuable college basketball team last year at $26 million followed by UK at $24.9M and UofL at $24.4M. Also the article states:

The Cardinals had the highest revenue ($23.2 million) and greatest profit of any college basketball program last year.
Clearly, both UofL and UK know how to make some serious cash.

FWIW, IU was 6th at $19.4M.

WMR
01-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Wow, quite interesting.

I am very surprised to see UL that high.

WMR
01-17-2008, 09:46 PM
What does that tell you about college basketball in Kentucky?!?!?!?!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:eek: :eek:

WVRed
01-18-2008, 10:28 PM
For anyone who is interested, i've decided to start a UK blog(some other commentary will be included, but the focus is mainly Kentucky basketball.)

http://legionofcats.blogspot.com/

I'm busy with work and school, but I will try to update it fairly regularly.

PS: The title did come from Rick Pitino.;)

Gainesville Red
01-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Good game. Wish Fla. could hit free throws.

WVRed
01-20-2008, 09:33 AM

Not like it mattered anyways.

Kentucky is going to have a serious problem winning on the road unless they learn that they are not going to get the benefit of the call. Both the game last night and the game in Starkville featured very unfavorable officiating and when that happens, it's like they just give up.

Common sense would generally dictate that experience usually defeats youth. Kentucky had the most experienced team on the court last night, but the problem is, when two of your senior leaders play like freshman at times, you are not going to win many games.

I'll be glad when the season is over and Crawford and Bradley are gone.

KronoRed
01-20-2008, 01:37 PM

Free throws are for slackers ;)

This Florida team isn't half bad.

CrackerJack
01-20-2008, 02:28 PM
What does that tell you about college basketball in Kentucky?!?!?!?!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:eek: :eek:

That they don't have any pro teams? :)

WMR
01-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Not like it mattered anyways.

Kentucky is going to have a serious problem winning on the road unless they learn that they are not going to get the benefit of the call. Both the game last night and the game in Starkville featured very unfavorable officiating and when that happens, it's like they just give up.

Common sense would generally dictate that experience usually defeats youth. Kentucky had the most experienced team on the court last night, but the problem is, when two of your senior leaders play like freshman at times, you are not going to win many games.

I'll be glad when the season is over and Crawford and Bradley are gone.

My god the officiating was brutal last night. Jesus.

dabvu2498
01-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Really good article on UK walk-on mark Krebs that ran in Sunday's Enquirer.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080120/SPT0104/301200013/-1/CINCI

BRM
01-22-2008, 10:13 AM
I didn't get to see the Florida/UK game. I see it went to overtime so it must have been entertaining.

WMR
01-22-2008, 11:16 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: :cool::cool::all_cohol:all_cohol:all_cohol:all_coh ol:all_cohol:all_cohol:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :mooner::mooner::mooner::mooner::mooner::mooner::b eerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::beerme::bee rme::beerme::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::luvu::luvu::luvu::luvu::luvu::luvu::luvu::luv u::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump: :KoolAid::KoolAid::KoolAid::KoolAid::KoolAid::Kool Aid::KoolAid::KoolAid::KoolAid::KoolAid::KoolAid:: KoolAid::KoolAid::KoolAid::KoolAid::owned::owned:: owned::owned::owned::owned::owned::owned::owned::o wned::owned::owned::owned::owned::owned::owned::ow ned::owned::owned::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::p imp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pim p::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp: :pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::p imp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::rockband::rockb and::rockband::rockband::rockband::rockband::rockb and::rockband::rockband::rockband::rockband::rockb and::rockband::rockband::rockband::rockband::rockb and::rockband::rockband::rockband::rockband::rockb and::rockband::rockband::rockband::rockband::rockb and::rockband::rockband::rockband:

WMR
01-22-2008, 11:17 PM
THE GIANT KILLERS STRIKE AGAIN

Hahahahahaha Tennessee GO HOME.

Brucie Boy, go hit the showers and wash that stank off ya.

durl
01-23-2008, 08:34 AM
Wow. Not the outcome I expected but I'll definitely take it. I'm trying to not be overly optimistic for the season just yet, however. They've GOT to win on the road and they have to put together some kind of win streak.

I just wish they'd play with the same intensity every night as they did against the Vols.

BRM
01-23-2008, 09:00 AM
I have to admit, UK games are typically pretty darn entertaining. That game last night was a fun one to watch. Although I was rooting for the Vols...

Javy Pornstache
01-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Wow. Not the outcome I expected but I'll definitely take it. I'm trying to not be overly optimistic for the season just yet, however. They've GOT to win on the road and they have to put together some kind of win streak.

I just wish they'd play with the same intensity every night as they did against the Vols.

I agree, but I must say that I think they've had the intensity ratcheted up since SEC play started. They played similarly against Vanderbilt as they did Tennessee, even if it was turned up more against the Vols. And they may've lost to Mississippi State and Florida, but you can't really complain about how they played. They played intensely and tough, and hung in there against arguably two of the four best teams in the league (at the moment) on the road, and came away with a five point loss in one and an overtime loss in the other and had tons of things go against them in both games (not that I'm making excuses). They're coming around.

flyer85
01-23-2008, 11:20 AM
I am not sure about giant killers. Patterson/Jasper/Bradley/Crawford/Meeks/Stevenson/Harris is a talented group. The team has morphed since Billy quit giving the minutes to the likes of Coury and Porter. I think he has made his point that you either play the way he want or you don't play.

BRM
01-23-2008, 11:44 AM
From Pat Forde.

LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Disrespect was in the Rupp Arena air before tipoff Tuesday night. And the Kentucky Wildcats were not pleased.

According to the Cats, the Tennessee Volunteers barked back and forth with fans when they came out to shoot before the game. And the Vols committed the hoops etiquette faux pas of wearing their earrings on the court during warm-ups, too.

Earrings can't be worn during games, but who knew the pregame bling was such a tacky thing? Well, the Cats knew. To them, it was a clear sign that Tennessee, from the lobes down, was not locked in, not taking this assignment seriously.

"They're a really good team, they've been winning a lot of games," Kentucky point guard Ramel Bradley said. "It's their job to be confident that they're going to win every single game. But you're supposed to show some kind of class. When we see those kinds of things, we take offense to it."

Said forward Perry Stevenson: "We saw it, but we didn't want to say anything. You've got to be kind of cocky going into somebody else's place. But Rupp Arena's kind of magical."

That seemed to be the Big Blue bottom line Tuesday night, and perhaps for every home night during this Southeastern Conference season. Kentucky upset the Vols 72-66 and sent the following message: We may be down, but don't disrespect us in a building that has seen more glory than Tennessee could muster in six lifetimes.

More here (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3209492&sportCat=ncb&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab5pos2).

WVRed
01-23-2008, 12:17 PM
I posted something similar in my blog, but I really think Perry Stevenson is going to fill a major weakness in providing post play if he keeps it up. If he can play with the same tenacity he played with last night, he and Patterson are going to be a force on the inside and once Jasper and Meeks are at full strength, Kentucky could be making some noise come the SEC tournament.

WMR
01-23-2008, 12:56 PM
BCG clearly told Perry Stevenson to play to his height and that if he was within 5 feet of the basket he had better be dunking the damn ball. Remember that gimmie lay-up that he missed by trying to put it off the backboard? Don't see those any more.

WMR
01-23-2008, 01:48 PM
We may be down, but don't disrespect us in a building that has seen more glory than Tennessee could muster in six lifetimes.

That gave me goosebumps.

WMR
01-23-2008, 01:54 PM
I agree, but I must say that I think they've had the intensity ratcheted up since SEC play started. They played similarly against Vanderbilt as they did Tennessee, even if it was turned up more against the Vols. And they may've lost to Mississippi State and Florida, but you can't really complain about how they played. They played intensely and tough, and hung in there against arguably two of the four best teams in the league (at the moment) on the road, and came away with a five point loss in one and an overtime loss in the other and had tons of things go against them in both games (not that I'm making excuses). They're coming around.

Exactly. There has been nothing to complain about during SEC play so far except the horrible officiating of the officials during our 2 road games. The effort has been undeniable, and that's really all that we as fans can ask for this season. Effort and coachability evidenced by a willingness to go balls-out doing--or TRYING to do--what Billy G demands out of his teams and players.

The second half defense of Bradley on Lofton was nothing short of amazing. I have never--NEVER!--seen such a defensive effort out of Bradley. Billy G clearly excels at motivating his players to give 100% maximum effort on defense.

macro
01-23-2008, 01:55 PM
If they don't win the SEC Tournament, what kind of record would they need to get an NCAA Tournament bid?

They're currently 8-9 with 12 regular season games to go. I'm thinking that they'll need to go 10-2 and enter the SEC tourney at 18-11 to have a shot. Does that sound about right?

I see losses coming at Tennessee and Vanderbilt, so they'd have to win all the rest. As good as the recent upswing makes me feel, I just don't think they can do it. Can they?

WMR
01-23-2008, 01:59 PM
On Kentucky Ink this very question was posed... I think the bare minimum outside of winning the tournament is just about what you listed.

They could probably lose another game but would have to replace that loss with a win in the SEC tournament.

Mark it down: We will win ONE of the 2 road games that you just mentioned.

UK can definitely make the tournament, and the NCAA will want to put them in if they can. A 12-13 seed UK team would likely break the television records for viewership as well as attendance of such a lowly-ranked opening game.

WMR
01-23-2008, 02:00 PM
I hope Scotty Hopson was watching last night. :)

durl
01-23-2008, 02:07 PM

Excellent points. They have been much more focused in SEC play. Perhaps my view of their losses to Miss State and Florida is tainted by the horrible losses to Gardner-Webb and San Diego. Normally, an conference loss isn't that huge of a deal to me since I see the SEC as extremely competitive regardless of overall record. It's those bad early-season losses (and the blowouts) that amplify the 2 SEC losses.

I believe we need to forget the month of December because KY is a very different team with Jasper and Meeks on the floor.

Javy Pornstache
01-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Exactly. There has been nothing to complain about during SEC play so far except the horrible officiating of the officials during our 2 road games. The effort has been undeniable, and that's really all that we as fans can ask for this season. Effort and coachability evidenced by a willingness to go balls-out doing--or TRYING to do--what Billy G demands out of his teams and players.

The second half defense of Bradley on Lofton was nothing short of amazing. I have never--NEVER!--seen such a defensive effort out of Bradley. Billy G clearly excels at motivating his players to give 100% maximum effort on defense.

This is what I've been waiting on. He says it's been "his team" all along in press conferences, and you can't blame him for saying that in the public, but truthfully, I think everyone realizes they are just now buying into HIS system. It really has shown since SEC play started. The players have said in the recent games that they are just now taking on the identity of their new coach - "tough". That's something they never were under the previous coach.

The best part of last night's game to me, and something Coach pointed out himself during the post-game show, was as the game was winding down, I think there was about :15 seconds left and the game was almost undoubtedly in hand, and on a loose ball rebound, Jasper and Meeks both went ALL OUT on the floor, diving for that ball. Keep in mind, these are the two injured Wildcats, giving their all for that ball. That was something else... and Billy G himself even showed emotion on the sideline, clapping and giving the boys the old thumbs-up for their effort. Something else that rarely happened before. And hitting the clutch free throws... how long since UK has been the best FT-shooting team in the SEC?!

I don't wanna jinx them, but man, this team is slowly but surely changing their identity. And it's been a long time coming.

WMR
01-23-2008, 02:26 PM
A-FREAKIN'-MEN, Javy!

After he has been so hard on them, it has got to feel SOOOOOO GOOD to receive such a compliment and vindication from their Coach.

There's a lot of psychology in play here.

You're right, seeing Jasper and Meeks hit the deck exemplified what Billy G has been building towards. Expelling the bad habits/system allowed and perpetuated by Tubby was a difficult exorcism, but we are beginning to see the fruits of that labor.

WMR
01-23-2008, 02:27 PM
To repeat it one more time: UK DID NOT BEAT A TEAM RANKED IN THE TOP 25 IN THE FINAL TWO--2!!!--YEARS OF TUBBY'S TIME AT UK.

BILLY G'S CATS HAVE BEATEN TWO TOP-FIFTEEN TEAMS IN 10 DAYS.

Javy Pornstache
01-23-2008, 02:36 PM
I believe they were 0-for-their-last-15 against ranked teams under the Tubb, and they've now beaten two in 10 days, a #12 and a #3. They hadn't won consecutive games against ranked teams in four years (the '04 NCAA Tournament with second round win over Cincinnati and regional semifinal win over Utah - I think they were ranked #18 and #20 respectively, if memory serves). You have to go back even further for consecutive wins over top fifteen teams... five or six years.

WMR
01-23-2008, 02:37 PM
What I would give to find some way to get on the open air with Dukie V and shove that statistic down his stupid throat. :lol:

flyer85
01-23-2008, 03:24 PM
To repeat it one more time: UK DID NOT BEAT A TEAM RANKED IN THE TOP 25 IN THE FINAL TWO--2!!!--YEARS OF TUBBY'S TIME AT UK.

BILLY G'S CATS HAVE BEATEN TWO TOP-FIFTEEN TEAMS IN 10 DAYS.what happened to the whining about not having any talent? :D

Like a said a while back in this thread, be patient.

The roster has some very good talent.

WMR
01-23-2008, 03:26 PM
what happened to the whining about not having any talent? :D

Like a said a while back in this thread, be patient.

The roster has some very good talent.

You're right; the improving health of Jasper and Meeks is another important aspect of this transition, pushing players such as Porter to the bench.

BRM
01-23-2008, 03:30 PM
what happened to the whining about not having any talent? :D

I guess these aren't Tubby's players anymore....

WMR
01-23-2008, 03:31 PM
I guess these aren't Tubby's players anymore....

They might as well not be considering how they are being coached now versus how they were coached before.

BRM
01-23-2008, 03:34 PM
They might as well not be considering how they are being coached now versus how they were coached before.

So what's the Gophers excuse? It's essentially the same players that went 9-22 last year.

jmac
01-23-2008, 03:35 PM
You're right; the improving health of Jasper and Meeks is another important aspect of this transition, pushing players such as Porter to the bench.

Thank You !

WMR
01-23-2008, 03:51 PM
So what's the Gophers excuse? It's essentially the same players that went 9-22 last year.

Tubby's absolutely magnificent at losing close games to good teams with whatever talent he has at his disposal.

BRM
01-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Tubby's absolutely magnificent at losing close games to good teams with whatever talent he has at his disposal.

That's better than getting blown out by bad teams. ;)

Are you trying to say South Dakota State wasn't a quality win for the Gophers?

WMR
01-23-2008, 04:02 PM
That's better than getting blown out by bad teams. ;)

Are you trying to say South Dakota State wasn't a quality win for the Gophers?

That UK team that lost to SD and GW would lose to this current UK team by 30 points. It is truly astonishing how quickly since the "buy-in" things have turned around.

BRM
01-23-2008, 04:05 PM
That UK team that lost to SD and GW would lose to this current UK team by 30 points. It is truly astonishing how quickly since the "buy-in" things have turned around.

You do realize I was just yanking your chain? You don't have to sell me on a turn-around in Lexington. The Cats team I've seen the last few games is a much different team from the one that sleptwalked through December.

The Hoosiers would still crush 'em though. :p:

WMR
01-23-2008, 04:10 PM
You do realize I was just yanking your chain? You don't have to sell me on a turn-around in Lexington. The Cats team I've seen the last few games is a much different team from the one that sleptwalked through December.

The Hoosiers would still crush 'em though. :p:

Oh I know. I was just making that comment generally.

BRM
01-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Nice avatar by the way. ;)

WMR
01-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Nice avatar by the way. ;)

Hehe, thanks buddy. :D

WVRed
01-23-2008, 09:59 PM
On a side note, I do find it funny that all of a sudden, the Billy Gillispie drinking and womanizing rumors have died off.

BRM
01-24-2008, 08:53 AM
On a side note, I do find it funny that all of a sudden, the Billy Gillispie drinking and womanizing rumors have died off.

I can start a few if you like. ;)

cumberlandreds
01-24-2008, 08:57 AM

Maybe that's why they are playing better now. He has put his drinking and womanizing to the side for now. ;)

BRM
01-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Maybe that's why they are playing better now. He has put his drinking and womanizing to the side for now. ;)

Or maybe he started sharing the booze and the women with his players. That would certainly motivate me if I was one of his players.

WVRed
01-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Or maybe he started sharing the booze and the women with his players. That would certainly motivate me if I was one of his players.

As long as they don't impregnate half of Lexington....

Or maybe that would be a good idea.

If Patterson would do that, UK's recruiting class may be set in the next 18-20 years.:)

George Foster
01-24-2008, 09:30 PM
If Kentucky could win every home SEC game which is not out of the relm of possibility, and goes 4-4 on the road, they will be the team NO ONE would want to face in the SEC tournment.

It would be the college basketball story of the year if Kentucky could win the SEC tournment and get an automatic bid to the NCAA, but I'm not holding my breath. We just had to many injuries, and to many pre-SEC losses.

WVRed
01-27-2008, 12:33 AM
Kentucky beats South Carolina 78-70.

Bradley with a double double, including 10 rebounds. Patterson had 26 points and 9 boards.

Off for a week then play Georgia next Saturday in Athens. That game will determine whether or not they will play in the NCAA or NIT.

Blimpie
01-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Kentucky beats South Carolina 78-70.

Bradley with a double double, including 10 rebounds. Patterson had 26 points and 9 boards.

Off for a week then play Georgia next Saturday in Athens. That game will determine whether or not they will play in the NCAA or NIT.I believe that the Georgia game is also slated for CBS next Saturday. The increased visibility would be a perfect opportunity to sway some potential voters on the selection committee.

jmac
01-27-2008, 02:46 PM
The bench problem still is a concern as yesterday Meeks, Bradley, Jasper, PP and then Stevenson played the majority of the minutes.
Having Crawford back will help though.

WMR
01-27-2008, 07:00 PM
I was at the South Carolina game. Great game. USC hung tough. The Rupp crowd was loud. We had great seats too, section 14, directly at center court, row P.

Blimpie
01-27-2008, 09:06 PM
The bench problem still is a concern as yesterday Meeks, Bradley, Jasper, PP and then Stevenson played the majority of the minutes.
Having Crawford back will help though.I saw some ridiculous stat where Bradley has played all but 1 minute of the last six games (which included a total of three overtime periods). I think that meant he was averaging 42.1 minutes per game during that period.

The sad thing was that Patterson was right behind Bradley and averaging around 40 minutes per game over the last six. IF they do make either post-season tourney, their bench better be logging more minutes than they are at this juncture.

WMR
01-27-2008, 09:12 PM
They had an awesome tribute to the Cats football team before the USC game.

Javy Pornstache
01-28-2008, 12:15 AM
I saw some ridiculous stat where Bradley has played all but 1 minute of the last six games (which included a total of three overtime periods). I think that meant he was averaging 42.1 minutes per game during that period.

The sad thing was that Patterson was right behind Bradley and averaging around 40 minutes per game over the last six. IF they do make either post-season tourney, their bench better be logging more minutes than they are at this juncture.

I know it's a good thought, Blimpie, but sadly, the bench isn't playing for a reason. There are basically just eight guys who belong on a Kentucky team, and even two of those are a stretch right now (Coury and Harris). He has good reason for not playing Porter, Williams, Carter, Stewart, etc. They offer nothing, and only detract when they're on the floor, aside from a few moments here or there (Porter doing ok in the UAB game, Stewart in the Florida International). This team has been playing better lately because of buying into Gillispie's system primarily, and a good chunk of that is the conditioning. These eight guys flat out don't get tired (aside from Jasper at the moment who's still in his cardio training from the knee injury). That's the reason they hung out to beat Vanderbilt - those guys were wore out, and here Bradley and Patterson and Crawford were, 48-50 minutes in with spring in their steps. It's nice to have the conditioning. But ideally, yes, a deeper bench would be nice. Hopefully next year and future years at UK/

WVRed
01-28-2008, 07:08 AM
It's going to be interesting to see who transfers after this season. Some of these players not playing have been in Gillispie's dog house all season, specifically AJ Stewart, Jared Carter, and Michael Porter.

cumberlandreds
01-28-2008, 08:51 AM
It's going to be interesting to see who transfers after this season. Some of these players not playing have been in Gillispie's dog house all season, specifically AJ Stewart, Jared Carter, and Michael Porter.

I really doubt that Carter and Williams will be around next season. UK needs big men that can play now and if these two can't get playing time now I doubt that they ever will. It would be in their best interest,if they want to play and not sit the bench,to move on to another place to get playing time. For no reason,I have hunch that Porter and Stewart are going to stay.
BTW how do like Stevenson's development? I think he's come a long way since the beginning of the season. It seems like he and Patterson are developing a good chemistry that starting to remind of Hayes and Daniels from a few years ago.

WVRed
01-28-2008, 10:18 AM
I really doubt that Carter and Williams will be around next season. UK needs big men that can play now and if these two can't get playing time now I doubt that they ever will. It would be in their best interest,if they want to play and not sit the bench,to move on to another place to get playing time. For no reason,I have hunch that Porter and Stewart are going to stay.
BTW how do like Stevenson's development? I think he's come a long way since the beginning of the season. It seems like he and Patterson are developing a good chemistry that starting to remind of Hayes and Daniels from a few years ago.

Stevenson is really impressing me. I made the comparison of him to Tyrus Thomas if he would ever step up and he is actually proving me right. He just needs to be more aggressive.

AJ Stewart hasn't left the bench and he is fairly talented. I think falling asleep in the team meeting really put him in Gillispie's dog house and I don't see him ever getting out.

Blimpie
01-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Stevenson's potential and upside reminds me of a young Nazr Mohammed. He is finally figuring out that he has the size to be both fearless and intimidating. Now that he is becoming more comfortable in his role, his attitude about banging bodies has changed like night to day.

By the way, I think that all three will be gone (Stewart, Porter and Carter) after this year.

WMR
01-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Carter's dad has said no way he is leaving, and I think that is a good decision. There is an excellent chance he will be awarded an extra year.

HE HAS NEVER BEEN ABLE TO LIFT WEIGHTS DURING HIS TIME AT UK.

Those close to the program tell me that once Carter gets on a weight-lifting regime he will become much closer to what was envisioned when he was recruited.

Do you know that Billy G has described Carter's play as "at times, dominant" during practice?

Carter is not transferring. Mark it down.

AJ Stewart just isn't a very SMART bball player right now. He doesn't know where to be on the court. Athletically, he is VERY gifted. Look for him to contribute much more next season. Lots of freshmen aren't ready their first season... compound that with getting into Billy's doghouse... he has great attitude on the bench.

BRM
01-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Would losing Porter be a bad thing? I wouldn't think so.

WMR
01-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Nah, I don't think so. Billy G could put that scholly to MUCH better use, I am absolutely certain. That was another "recruiting reach" on Tubby's part. Porter, honestly, is, or should be, a walk-on level talent at a school like UK.

WMR
01-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Billy G has said we are definitely getting a Juco big man next year.

jmac
01-28-2008, 07:00 PM
I was telling someone today Stevenson could be another Daniels as far as developing into a good consistent player.
BTW, Billy Clyde missed call in show tonight cause he was out recruiting.

WMR
01-28-2008, 07:04 PM
I see Stevenson HOPEFULLY becoming more of what we HOPED Jules Camara would turn into.

He doesn't really have the strength/body or low-post abilities of Daniels.

jmac
01-28-2008, 07:10 PM
I see Stevenson HOPEFULLY becoming more of what we HOPED Jules Camara would turn into.

He doesn't really have the strength/body or low-post abilities of Daniels.

I wasnt comparing him to daniels but rather the strides Daniels made after initial time at UK where it looked as if he wouldnt contribute much.
Eric came along nicely and really contributed bigtime and basically that is all I was saying about PS.

WMR
01-28-2008, 07:11 PM
I gotcha.

As far as playing style, I think he could be very similar to Camara's skill-set long-term.

Javy Pornstache
01-28-2008, 07:21 PM
I actually just heard something about Stewart today, that he understands why he hasn't been playing as much as he hoped, but he thinks his time will come and he's thrilled with being at UK thus far. Take that for what it's worth. I do think he potentially has more raw athleticism of any Cat since Kelenna Azubuike.

WilyMo, I'd heard the same about Carter not being able to hit the weights consistently, and that Gillispie calls him a monster in practice, but is still a little leery of matching him up with the physical post players of the SEC.

Blimpie
01-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Carter's dad has said no way he is leaving, and I think that is a good decision. There is an excellent chance he will be awarded an extra year.

HE HAS NEVER BEEN ABLE TO LIFT WEIGHTS DURING HIS TIME AT UK. Thank goodness. Otherwise, the form on his sweet, mid-range jump shot might have been compromised.

:D

WMR
01-29-2008, 02:33 PM
BRADLEY, PATTERSON WIN SEC WEEKLY AWARDS

Ramel Bradley and Patrick Patterson were named the Southeastern Conference’s Player and Freshman of the Week as announced by the league office on Monday.

It is only the third time since the league began a Freshman of the Week honor in 2005-06 that a school has swept the weekly honors, and the first time since Tennessee did so on Dec. 25, 2006.

Bradley, who was named the SEC Player of the Week for the first time in his career, helped spark the Cats to a 2-0 record on the week, averaging 21.0 points, 8.0 rebounds and 4.5 assists. Bradley had his streak of six consecutive 20-point games snapped against Tennessee, but answered with 26 points against South Carolina. The 6-2 senior went 8-for-8 in the final 1:30 to help seal UK’s win over Tennessee and has made 29 of his last 30 free throws. Bradley also helped pace the Wildcat’s win over South Carolina with his second career double-double. He has played 214 of 215 possible minutes in Kentucky’s five league games this season.

Patterson received his second SEC Freshman of the Week honor this season after averaging 21.0 points, 8.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 2.5 blocks last week. The 6-8 freshman recorded his seventh and eighth 20-point games of the season, including a 20-point effort in UK’s win over third-ranked Tennessee. He also grabbed a game-high eight rebounds and tied his career high with three blocked shots. Patterson also played all 40 minutes against South Carolina and has played 209 of 215 possible minutes in UK’s five SEC games.

Kentucky travels to Georgia for a 1:00 p.m. tip on Saturday. The game will be televised regionally on CBS.

The Wildcats will return Rupp Arena on Saturday, Feb. 9 against Alabama. Single game tickets are still available. Fans can order tickets by calling the UK Ticket Office (1.800.928.2287), the Rupp Arena Box Office (859.233.3535) or by going to UKathletics.com or Ticketmaster.com.

http://www.ukathletics.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=37&url_article_id=21417&change_well_id=2

TheBigLebowski
01-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Florida Gators entered the coaches and AP polls at 19 and 20, respectively, after we de-pantsed the #14 Vandy Commodores on Sunday. I am forever impressed with Billy Donovan and ever so grateful he came back. What he has done with this team, in my opinion, might be more impressive than what he did last year.

To re-direct the topic back to UK Hoops, as is the topic, I was very impressed with their effort last Saturday in Hogtown (aka Gainesville, FL). I was really impressed with UK's resiliency and I think Billy Clyde coached a pretty good game, especially at the end. UK could be in for a 6 game win streak here.

Anyways...I do root for the Cats when you folks aren't playing us.

durl
02-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Nice win for the Cats today. I didn't like how they blew a double-digit lead, but this team really seems to have found it's heart. It held on and pulled out a close game. And kudos to Crawford and Bradley. Their inconsistent play has turned around and they are really contributing.

And did anyone notice Georgia's sideline screen...under the scorers table? When Kentucky had the ball, it was flashing wild graphics, but when Georgia had the ball it had a static image. An obvious attempt to distract. I suppose it's part of the game but it seemed kinda lame to use the scorers table as a distraction. What's next? Strobe lights on the opponent's backboard?

WMR
02-03-2008, 12:41 AM
The refereeing was absolutely atrocious yet again. Jesus.

WVRed
02-03-2008, 12:47 AM

It wasnt as bad as some of the games this year. If anything, I didn't think they called very much of anything on either side. Although I will admit when Ramel was fouled and knocked out that should have been intentional.

If Ramel had not been hurt, Kentucky wins somewhat comfortably. That is how much of a turnaround he has made.

George Foster
02-03-2008, 12:55 AM

hey we got a shot at the NCAA. We need to go 8-0 and home in the SEC...very doable.

We need to go 3-5 on the road. Very doable.

We need to make it to the semi's of the SEC tournment...very doable.

I believe that gives us 19 wins....we are in! Someone check my math against the remaining games.

The committee will consider the injuries to Jasper and Meeks in the pre-sec half of the season, and frankly it will come down to money. Kentucky brings the fans, and if we are on the bubble...we will get the knod!!!

WMR
02-03-2008, 01:01 AM
Examples:

1) Playing the ball off the rim. GOALTENDING.

2) RETARDED CONTINUATION?!?!?!?!?!

3) OVER THE BACK ON EVERY SINGLE ******' DEFENSIVE REBOUND

WMR
02-03-2008, 01:05 AM
It wasnt as bad as some of the games this year. If anything, I didn't think they called very much of anything on either side. Although I will admit when Ramel was fouled and knocked out that should have been intentional.

If Ramel had not been hurt, Kentucky wins somewhat comfortably. That is how much of a turnaround he has made.

Oh yeah, and the phantom intentional foul.

George Foster
02-03-2008, 01:09 AM
hay Willy....

do you think we will make the NCAA????

WMR
02-03-2008, 02:23 AM
hay Willy....

do you think we will make the NCAA????

Hell yeah I do buddy!

WMR
02-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Dickie V giving UK some love...

http://espn.go.com/dickvitale/080204thisandthat.html

BRM
02-11-2008, 12:10 PM
From the latest Bubble Watch at ESPN. UK is listed under the "Work left to do".

Kentucky [12-9 (6-2), RPI: 88, SOS: 20] The Wildcats have a ton of work left to do, but we have to take a quick look this week after they improved to 6-2 and look much more formidable now that they are healthy and buying into Billy Gillispie's scheme. You would have to think it would take 12 SEC wins to erase the taint of a bad nonconference slate that included crippling home losses to Gardner-Webb and San Diego. What happens, though, if the Cats end up 11-5, finish second in the SEC East and make the SEC tourney semis? The committee doesn't like leapfrogging teams all that much. Could they put three or four other teams in ahead of Kentucky that would have finished behind the Cats in league play? An interesting situation to keep an eye on, starting Tuesday at Vandy.

joshnky
02-11-2008, 03:07 PM
JMO, but this weeks game against Vandy is probably a must win for the Cats. They likely need to finish 6-2 with a big road win (Vandy) to feel comfortable going into the conference tourney. If they don't pick up a win at Vandy or Tennessee they'll probably need to reach the SEC championship game to move off the bubble. They're playing much better but they still need that impressive road win to erase the memory of their dismal start.

WMR
02-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Big news out of the Bluegrass today is that Scotty Hopson has officially re-opened his recruitment after initially committing to Mississippi State.

Billy G went on record saying UK would not recruit committed players (unlike the snake down in Knoxville, FWIW). Interesting timing considering the comments of coach Billy G.

macro
02-11-2008, 10:52 PM
JMO, but this weeks game against Vandy is probably a must win for the Cats. They likely need to finish 6-2 with a big road win (Vandy) to feel comfortable going into the conference tourney. If they don't pick up a win at Vandy or Tennessee they'll probably need to reach the SEC championship game to move off the bubble. They're playing much better but they still need that impressive road win to erase the memory of their dismal start.

Tomorrow's game at Vandy is not a must win. In fact, I'm conceding this game and the game at Tennessee as losses and still hoping they win the other six to go the 6-2 you speak of.

If they go 6-2 they'll be 18-11 heading into the SEC tournament. If they finish second in the SEC East with that record, it won't matter what they do in the SEC tournament.

All that being said, they don't have much margin of error, and a loss tomorrow certainly erodes some of that. But it's not a must win.

joshnky
02-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Kentucky's RPI is currently 88 and they have the remaining games shown below. Currently they aren't even considered a bubble team by most people and probably need to finish in the top 50 of the RPI to garner a bid. Is beating Ark, Miss, and Florida at home, three teams in the thirties and forties in RPI enough to make up for the drag that LSU, South Carolina, and Georgia will have on their RPI? I don't know. Keep in mind that UK currently has only 2 victories against teams in the top 90 of the RPI. Those were impressive victories but they need more. If they finish 6-2 with the two losses to Vandy and Tenn they will finish January, February, and March 5-5 against the current top 90 RPI teams and their best road win will be South Carolina at #98.

Tue Feb 12 Kentucky vs. (12) Vanderbilt Away
Sat Feb 16 Kentucky vs. (200) Louisiana St. Away
Tue Feb 19 Kentucky vs. (130) Georgia Home
Sat Feb 23 Kentucky vs. (33) Arkansas Home
Wed Feb 27 Kentucky vs. (31) Mississippi Home
Sun Mar 2 Kentucky vs. (1) Tennessee Away
Wed Mar 5 Kentucky vs. (98) South Carolina Away
Sun Mar 9 Kentucky vs. (44) Florida Home

I found this as well:

By and large, if a team is ranked in the RPI top 40, it will receive an at-large bid. The best RPI ranking ever left out of the tournament was No. 33 Oklahoma in 1994. If a team is outside of the top 50 of the final RPI rankings, chances are it will be heading to the NIT. The lowest RPI ranking ever to make the NCAA Tournament as an at-large team was No. 74 New Mexico in 1999, then No. 66 Minnesota in 1995.

And it should be noted that one of UKs biggest weaknesses, road wins, is not even factored into the RPI.

macro
02-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Point well-taken, but I think a 6-2 finish and 18-11 overall record will get them into the RPI top 50. I haven't followed the historical trends of the RPI, though, so I don't know how easy/difficult it is to jump 40 spots in four weeks.

My assumptions and assertions have been based on historical W-L records, and I can't imagine an 18-12 (assuming first-round conference tournament loss) SEC team that finishes 12-4 in the conference and second in the division being left out.

WMR
02-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Not to mention it's Kentucky. They will be looking for every reason to give UK a bid, not to deny them one.

joshnky
02-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Not to mention it's Kentucky. They will be looking for every reason to give UK a bid, not to deny them one.

:rolleyes:

Because everyone is united against UK.

joshnky
02-12-2008, 12:43 PM
My assumptions and assertions have been based on historical W-L records, and I can't imagine an 18-12 (assuming first-round conference tournament loss) SEC team that finishes 12-4 in the conference and second in the division being left out.

You might be right but I have a feeling Kentucky fans will really be sweating on selection Sunday if that is how they finish the season.

WMR
02-12-2008, 01:31 PM
:rolleyes:

Because everyone is united against UK.

Huh???

I'm approaching it from a pragmatic standpoint... a low seeded UK team would probably set a ratings record for whatever game they played. As well as an attendance record.

joshnky
02-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Huh???

I'm approaching it from a pragmatic standpoint... a low seeded UK team would probably set a ratings record for whatever game they played. As well as an attendance record.

Sorry, I totally read your post wrong and thought you were saying that they wanted to deny UK a bid. What you said makes a lot more sense now. I guess I should read the post before responding. ;)

WMR
02-12-2008, 02:09 PM
No worries, Josh.

Heads up: UK vs. Vanderbilt from 1998 on ESPN Classic right now...

game-winner by Nazr Mohammed IIRC. Dan Langhi was a helluva baller for Vandy.

Great game.

dabvu2498
02-12-2008, 02:24 PM
No worries, Josh.

Heads up: UK vs. Vanderbilt from 1998 on ESPN Classic right now...

game-winner by Nazr Mohammed IIRC. Dan Langhi was a helluva baller for Vandy.

Great game.

I was there. Last UK @ Vandy game for me as a student. I was so pi... ticked off... never forget all of us out on the concourse after the game watching the replay over and over.

I tutored Langhi in his English 101 class. Good thing he's made some money playing hoops. Good guy.

WMR
02-12-2008, 02:29 PM
I was there. Last UK @ Vandy game for me as a student. I was so pi... ticked off... never forget all of us out on the concourse after the game watching the replay over and over.

I tutored Langhi in his English 101 class. Good thing he's made some money playing hoops. Good guy.

I had sort of forgotten just how good that 1998 UK team really was.

Lose Mohammed? No problem, insert Magloire.

WMR
02-12-2008, 02:30 PM
How many more years do you think Pitino will coach? He was on PTI yesterday and he made it pretty clear this would be his last job... asked if he wanted to get as many wins as Bob Knight. He said, "I hope I'm not still coaching then..."

He's 55 now... I figure he'd at least go till 60??

WMR
02-12-2008, 02:31 PM
When Pitino DOES retire, he will go back to being beloved at UK. He really did do so much for the program... just can't be his buddy right now. :lol:

joshnky
02-12-2008, 02:47 PM
How many more years do you think Pitino will coach? He was on PTI yesterday and he made it pretty clear this would be his last job... asked if he wanted to get as many wins as Bob Knight. He said, "I hope I'm not still coaching then..."

He's 55 now... I figure he'd at least go till 60??

I really don't know and there isn't much talk about it. He might try to go the father-son route and wait until his son is firmly established and then pass the reigns to him.

jmac
02-12-2008, 02:49 PM

True but I also think the NIT will be licking their chops at a UK vs Tubby possibility.

dabvu2498
02-12-2008, 02:57 PM
I had sort of forgotten just how good that 1998 UK team really was.

Lose Mohammed? No problem, insert Magloire.

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/1995-96.html

Sagarin says the 95-96 team was the best ever. My eyes say they're the best I've ever seen.

98 beating Duke was the best moment ever, however.

jmac
02-12-2008, 03:10 PM
http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/1995-96.html

Sagarin says the 95-96 team was the best ever. My eyes say they're the best I've ever seen.

98 beating Duke was the best moment ever, however.
I think there was 7 players off that team that played either in the NBA or professionally somehow ( Wayne Turner on the Globetrotters).
Dont know if that is a record or not but pretty impressive.

dabvu2498
02-12-2008, 03:13 PM
I think there was 7 players off that team that played either in the NBA or professionally somehow ( Wayne Turner on the Globetrotters).
Dont know if that is a record or not but pretty impressive.

This team tied the unofficial record of most players to have made the NBA with nine. [The other teams in question are the '81-82 UCLA Bruins (Mark Eaton, Ralph Jackson, Michael Holton, Darren Daye, Rod Foster, Brad Wright, Stuart Gray, Mike Sanders and Kenny Fields) and the '90-91 North Carolina Tar Heels (Pete Chilcutt, Rick Fox, Hubert Davis, George Lynch, Matt Wenstrom, Eric Montross, Derrick Phelps, Clifford Rozier and Kevin Salvadori)]. Incredibly, the 1946-47 Kentucky squad also had nine players play in the NBA. Below is a listing of the 1996 Kentucky players who made the league.

Player - Initial Team

Derek Anderson - Cleveland Cavs
Tony Delk - Golden State Warriors
Walter McCarty - New York Knicks
Ron Mercer - Boston Celtics
Mark Pope - Indiana Pacers
Antoine Walker - Boston Celtics
Nazr Mohammed - Philadelphia 76ers
Jeff Sheppard - Atlanta Hawks
Wayne Turner - Boston Celtics

jmac
02-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Thanks !

Boston Red
02-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Bump for UK fan meltdown...

WMR
02-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Bump for UK fan meltdown...

Way to pop up at the exact appropriate time, troll.

Boston Red
02-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Way to pop up at the exact appropriate time, troll.

Well underway I see. :beerme:

WMR
02-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Well underway I see. :beerme:

Keep trolling, troll.

joshnky
02-12-2008, 11:01 PM
This loss will be tough to overcome. You can lose to Vandy but not like this. Tourney hopes now likely hinge on beating Tennessee or making the conference finals.

WMR
02-12-2008, 11:04 PM
They'll split with Vandy and UT.

The other four are pick 'ems, IMO.

They'll lose a couple they should win and win a couple they should lose.

WMR
02-12-2008, 11:04 PM
This loss will be tough to overcome. You can lose to Vandy but not like this. Tourney hopes now likely hinge on beating Tennessee or making the conference finals.

Yep. Extremely tough loss to overcome.

Javy Pornstache
02-12-2008, 11:48 PM
well that certainly sucked.

dabvu2498
02-13-2008, 08:41 AM
well that certainly was awesome

Sorry. Had to fix that for you.

Actually, at halftime I was torn. I certainly wanted Vanderbilt to win, but man, I hate to see UK get beat like that.

Billy looked like he was in a coma and his team looked like they were already dead.

I feel sorry for Patrick Patterson having to check in and out that many times, especially at Memorial? Did Billy really play the offense-defense game with him for the last 25 minutes of the game with them down 30-40 points? Was that really the best adjustment he could make?

WMR
02-13-2008, 09:16 AM
I've never experienced anything like that before in my life.

dabvu2498
02-13-2008, 10:04 AM
I've never experienced anything like that before in my life.

I have.

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Statistics/Games/19960207Vanderbilt.html

WMR
02-13-2008, 10:21 AM
Pretty classless of Stallings to put his starters back in with five minutes left.

dabvu2498
02-13-2008, 10:26 AM
Pretty classless of Stallings to put his starters back in with seven minutes left.

Really? He got em out with 9... couldn't let the second team play that whole time without a breather, then got em back out with 5+.

Was it any worse than Billy G playing o-d-o with Patterson for 25 mintues? Or taking a TO with 6+?

Also, what was up with Meeks? That seemed odd.

dabvu2498
02-13-2008, 10:27 AM
double post

WMR
02-13-2008, 10:28 AM
:lol: Couldn't let the walk-ons play an additional 4 minutes??? C'mon dab.

dabvu2498
02-13-2008, 10:29 AM
:lol: Couldn't let the walk-ons play an additional 4 minutes??? C'mon dab.

I'd ask the same question of Billy G.

KronoRed
02-13-2008, 10:31 AM
It's the other teams job to stop the scoring :)

WMR
02-13-2008, 10:31 AM
You don't think there's a difference in how you should utilize your players down 40 as opposed to being up 40?

WMR
02-13-2008, 10:32 AM
It's the other teams job to stop the scoring :)

That's the lamest excuse I have ever heard.

It's called winning with class.

dabvu2498
02-13-2008, 10:40 AM

None of Vandy's starters played more than 27 minutes. Five Vandy bench players played 13+ minutes.

What's next? Blame the endzone benches? :D

dabvu2498
02-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Also, I know Stallings is the only participant still left at either school, but let's not forget this: http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Statistics/Games/20030305Vanderbilt.html

bucksfan2
02-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Pretty classless of Stallings to put his starters back in with five minutes left.

All the times UK killed Vandy and ran up the score UK fans said nothing. Yet when the tables are turned they cry classless.

WMR
02-13-2008, 11:07 AM
None of Vandy's starters played more than 27 minutes. Five Vandy bench players played 13+ minutes.

What's next? Blame the endzone benches? :D

No, it was a butt-whipping, plain and simple.

Vandy came out firing on all cylinders and UK absolutely crumbled. Young teams will do that.

WMR
02-13-2008, 11:11 AM
What about the Vandy player trying to steal the ball from Ramel with seven seconds left while he was trying to cover up and run out the clock?

dabvu2498
02-13-2008, 11:18 AM
What about the Vandy player trying to steal the ball from Ramel with seven seconds left while he was trying to cover up and run out the clock?

How about Billy refusing to give the ball to the official?

WMR
02-13-2008, 11:20 AM
How about Billy refusing to give the ball to the official?

You really see a corollary there?

dabvu2498
02-13-2008, 11:22 AM
You really see a corollary there?

Poor sportsmanship?

WMR
02-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Poor sportsmanship?

C'mon... one is coach v. official. The other is player v. player.

Ogilvy's behavior was especially embarrassing, IMO. He deserved to get yanked out of the game and stuck on the end of the bench for the way he acted in that game last night.

KronoRed
02-13-2008, 11:30 AM

Horse poop, wanna stop the other team from scoring then play D, were they supposed to get guys out of the stands to play?

You know you would be saying the same if say Kentucky had put such a beat down on Florida ;)

bucksfan2
02-13-2008, 11:35 AM
C'mon... one is coach v. official. The other is player v. player.

Ogilvy's behavior was especially embarrassing, IMO. He deserved to get yanked out of the game and stuck on the end of the bench for the way he acted in that game last night.

C'mon UK got drilled last night. Worst 1st half college basketball performance I have seen in a long time. Just let it go and move onto the next game.

On a side not I wonder how many in big blue country were saying at half "we came back from 30 pts against LSU once we can do it again"

dabvu2498
02-13-2008, 11:38 AM
C'mon UK got drilled last night. Worst 1st half college basketball performance I have seen in a long time. Just let it go and move onto the next game.

On a side not I wonder how many in big blue country were saying at half "we came back from 30 pts against LSU once we can do it again"

I was thinking that as well. But then I remembered Pitino, Delk, McCarty and Travis Ford were not in the building.

Falls City Beer
02-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Horse poop, wanna stop the other team from scoring then play D, were they supposed to get guys out of the stands to play?

You know you would be saying the same if say Kentucky had put such a beat down on Florida ;)

Yep. There is such a thing as "losing with class," too. No problem with frustration, but excuses are a little empty.

WVRed
02-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Thank God I had to work last night.

One thing about it, Vandy is one of the most inconsistent teams in the SEC. When Vandy has a cold shooting night, see the game at Rupp. When they are on fire, see last nights game in Nashville. Of course, I think most of it is "Live by the three, die by the three"

If Kentucky plays this bad against Tennessee....

Sea Ray
02-13-2008, 01:43 PM
I was shocked at UK's performance last night. It reminded me of UC last year. I thought they'd overcome the shaky start with a new coach and all and that they'd even challenge Tennessee as the best team in the East and then I saw that.

Sea Ray
02-13-2008, 01:48 PM

Who thought we'd ever see the day that Kentucky fans are complaining about when Vanderbilt should have called off the dogs? I agree that the big boys should call off the dogs when playing the little guys but c'mon, this is UK we're talking about. They shouldn't need, nor ask for, any mercy from another SEC school, especially one w/o an athletic dept.

dabvu2498
02-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Who thought we'd ever see the day that Kentucky fans are complaining about when Vanderbilt should have called off the dogs? I agree that the big boys should call off the dogs when playing the little guys but c'mon, this is UK we're talking about. They shouldn't need, nor ask for, any mercy from another SEC school, especially one w/o an athletic dept.

Yup... who woulda thunk it. S'alright. Wily's just sore about losing 4 of 5 and 5 of 8 to my boys. :D

WMR
02-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Yup... who woulda thunk it. S'alright. Wily's just sore about losing 4 of 5 and 5 of 8 to my boys. :D

Hey who said we were going to split with you guys and who called me crazy??? ;)

dabvu2498
02-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Hey who said we were going to split with you guys and who called me crazy??? ;)

That was after they'd lost to Gardner Webb.. at home!!! :eek:

WMR
02-13-2008, 02:15 PM
That was after they'd lost to Gardner Webb.. at home!!! :eek:

Did you see that DeMarcus Cousins now lists UK as his current #1 choice, supplanting UAB???

WMR
02-13-2008, 02:17 PM
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=2619228

dabvu2498
02-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Did you see that DeMarcus Cousins now lists UK as his current #1 choice, supplanting UAB???

Bradley and Crawford were highly regarded recruits also. ;)

WMR
02-13-2008, 02:23 PM

DUDE LET ME HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS TODAY

-------

I'M DOING MY BEST HERE

Sea Ray
02-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Get back to UK basketball. Tell me, what's the real UK? The one that beat Tenn or the debacle last night? Was someone out with the flu or something last night?

WMR
02-13-2008, 02:29 PM
Get back to UK basketball. Tell me, what's the real UK? The one that beat Tenn or the debacle last night? Was someone out with the flu or something last night?

They've been playing at a subpar level for the past 3 games or so... Vandy was just the first team good enough to expose it...

They ARE much better than what they showed last night. Vandy was just lights out... the younger players got rattled...

Also: Vandy did a good job of preventing Patterson from getting the ball in spots that he likes ... stop Patterson and the whole offense becomes problematic... compound that with early foul trouble on Patterson ... Vandy hitting every shot ...

It was just a horrible performance all around by the Cats.

I do predict they'll bounce back, however.

I would love to meet Vandy in the SEC tournament.

dabvu2498
02-13-2008, 02:33 PM
I would love to meet Vandy in the SEC tournament.

Really? Had to go to double OT at home to beat Vandy on a day when Vandy played awful and UK played pretty darn well. Then got beat by FORTY ONE the second time around? I'd wish for Georgia if I were you. ;)

WMR
02-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Hey dab: Tell your alma mater to take some of those high priced tuition dollars and fix the damn leaks in their gymnasium.

WMR
02-13-2008, 02:37 PM

How exactly is a SEC POY candidate in his Senior season a bad thing?

Not to mention they are both members of the 1,000 point club at UK.

dabvu2498
02-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Hey dab: Tell your alma mater to take some of those high priced tuition dollars and fix the damn leaks in their gymnasium.

Leaks?

dabvu2498
02-13-2008, 02:45 PM
How exactly is a SEC POY candidate in his Senior season a bad thing?

Not to mention they are both members of the 1,000 point club at UK.

SEC POY candidate? Sorry, Wily. I don't see either of them making first team all-conference.

I see Downey, Hendrix, J. Gordon, Foster, and maybe Patterson, maybe Speights, maybe Gee, maybe Ogilvy.

Certainly things can change, but your SEC POY is going to be Jamont Gordon.

WMR
02-13-2008, 02:47 PM
I was speaking about Bradley. His play definitely put him in the conversation, IMO. Not so much since his mugging at Georgia.

WMR
02-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Reports from people at the game that there was a bad leak in the roof... apparently players were slipping underneath one of the baskets towards the end of the game.

dabvu2498
02-13-2008, 02:48 PM
I was speaking about Bradley. His play definitely put him in the conversation, IMO. Not so much since his mugging at Georgia.

Do you see Bradley making SEC 1st team ahead of the guards mentioned above? Or Chris Lofton?

Besides... Bradley can't be any good. Tubby recruited him. :)

dabvu2498
02-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Reports from people at the game that there was a bad leak in the roof... apparently players were slipping underneath one of the baskets towards the end of the game.

Let me guess... the UK offensive end... I saw one slip. Bradley's... which could have been called a walk. :)

(This is fun. I'm usually on the receiving end of this crap.)

WMR
02-13-2008, 02:54 PM
C'mon I'm not a Tubby basher.

WMR
02-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Do you see Bradley making SEC 1st team ahead of the guards mentioned above? Or Chris Lofton?

Besides... Bradley can't be any good. Tubby recruited him. :)

I dunno... he has been extremely clutch this season.

dabvu2498
02-13-2008, 02:57 PM

Seriously... where'd you hear that?