PDA

View Full Version : OSU vs. Wisconsin

traderumor
11-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Come on, no Buckeyes thread?:p:

First, I wanna thank the Big 10 Network for missing several plays due to not coming back from commercial in time, including Beanie's second TD run. Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a chump network. They need to just go away.

I noticed that Wisconsin wanted to woof more than play all day, then when they got the lead, they were especially cocky. I think that they lost their heads, which resulted in the eventual collapse. Part of that seems to be a reflection on the coach, who threw a fit when his player got correctly called for trying to take out a Vernon Gohlston knee. That penalty is there for a reason, and anyone practicing such a block should also get ejected immediately if anyone asks me a rules improvement. That type of block could cost a guy a season at best and a career at worst (and millions of $ for someone like Gohlston, who will probably draw NFL checks). Also, the failed fake punt was John Cooper stupid.

The offense answered the gut check today and got the D back on track. Very impressive answer to a legitimate challenge.

redsfan1966
11-03-2007, 07:41 PM
I didnt miss any plays on the coverage here....maybe your local cable/satellite operator tried to plug in too many local spots...Bucks keep rolling...should be even fewer non-believers this week..

GAC
11-03-2007, 07:44 PM
At least you got to watch the game. My cable company, who I will be leaving for Directv in the next few months, doesn't carry the Big Ten Network. Really pee'd me off.

RedFanAlways1966
11-03-2007, 08:35 PM
I watched at a bar. No missed plays at that location either. Once OSU decided to run the ball, the game changed. I am not so sure that the missed fake punt by WISC was done on purpose. I thought it was at first, but after seeing the replay I thought the punter did it b/c of the low snap and pressure. If it was a called play, then very stupid.

Got to give credit to the WISC defense up to the 4th quarter. I wasn't happy with the play calls on OSU's side, but WISC played tough. Scary time for about 15 minutes this afternoon. Anyone remember the last time OSU trailed in the 3rd quarter of a regular season game?

Still covered the spread and showed the ability to deal w/ adversity. Nice win.

redsfan1966
11-03-2007, 10:51 PM
on a somewhat related note--I have changed my opinion on the Big Ten Network vs. Time Warner....I first was against the Big Ten, felt the thing was just a greed grab on the Big Ten's part. But seeing now how most cable companies have settled except for Time Warner--it seems apparent Time Warner is the "bad guy". As far as state legislators becoming involved--that is just plain stupid. If someone is upset not being allowed to see Buckeye games on BTN--they could (in most cases) switch to satellite, or in my case another provider.

OldRightHander
11-03-2007, 10:56 PM
I was on the way home from Detroit today and had to settle for listening on the radio, which brings me to a bit of a beef I have this season. I have had to listen to many of the games on XM because I've been on the road most Saturdays, and every single time I have listened, whether the game is in Columbus or on the road, XM had carried the other team's feed. With the pro sports, you always get the home team's announcers, but apparently this isn't the case with college. Of the ten games played this year, I've listened to eight of them on XM and I have heard the other team's announcers every time. How about a little balance please?

Reds Fanatic
11-03-2007, 11:01 PM
I was on the way home from Detroit today and had to settle for listening on the radio, which brings me to a bit of a beef I have this season. I have had to listen to many of the games on XM because I've been on the road most Saturdays, and every single time I have listened, whether the game is in Columbus or on the road, XM had carried the other team's feed. With the pro sports, you always get the home team's announcers, but apparently this isn't the case with college. Of the ten games played this year, I've listened to eight of them on XM and I have heard the other team's announcers every time. How about a little balance please?
The reason for this is Ohio State has an exclusive contract with the other satellite company Sirius. That is why XM always has the other school they can't carry the Ohio State feed.

OldRightHander
11-03-2007, 11:03 PM
The reason for this is Ohio State has an exclusive contract with the other satellite company Sirius. That is why XM always has the other school they can't carry the Ohio State feed.

I've been wondering. It's kind of irritating. I'm never close enough to get a local station when the games are on.

MWM
11-03-2007, 11:05 PM
I watched it on the Big Ten network and had the same problem TR had. It would come back from commercial in the middle of the play. I was especially irritated when they missed the Wells TD run. He had already cut back and was on his way to the end zone when they came to the game.

redsfan30
11-03-2007, 11:10 PM
No missed plays here.

I actually thought this was the best production job I've seen of any 10 or so games I've watched on the Big Ten Network this year.

Unassisted
11-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Thanks for posting that. I had suspected there was a contract issue, but since I only have XM I don't pay much attention to what's on Sirius.

I got tired of hearing minutiae about the Badgers, so I listened to the Ohio State radio feed online, thanks to one of the affiliates forgetting to turn off its stream during the game.

Cedric
11-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Nothing missed here. You guys have Directv?

Thought today was a bad sign. I'm a negative nellie though. I'm absolutely not sold on the interior line and the Buckeyes are one injury play away from disaster in the secondary. The depth is there with all their talent, but Jamario just has to get away from the defensive side of the field. He was a linebacker/Rb at Massilon/Glenville and he is a great talent when he can just play. Safety isn't his natural position and he doesn't have near the instincts to cut it at that position. He is one of the fastest players on the team and you would have no idea by watching him play. You can't play fast when you don't have confidence or know what you are doing.

Rehring/Cordle/Person against an LSU or Oklahoma Dline isn't very exciting for me. I don't like bashing college players and definately not home grown one's like Rehring, let me just say he missed his assigment about 15 times today. Cordle is just too small and Person get's zero push. Ohio State has been able to hide Cordle and Person at times with the type of plays Tressel has called.

The positive is that these guys are bulldogs and they don't quit. Hopefully Beanie continues to use the cutback and his ankle is fine. Boone/Rehring/Barton are dominant in run blocking alone and I'm hoping Cordle/Person got a big lesson today from Wisconsin. Boone, Barton, Rehring, and Beanie took over this game today. Hopefully that's good enough against a truly great defense.

BuckWoody
11-04-2007, 01:44 AM
I didn't miss any plays....of course this was my vantage point for the game. :D

GAC
11-04-2007, 05:21 AM
I didn't miss any plays....of course this was my vantage point for the game. :D

Sitting that close to the TV can hurt your eyes! :p:

traderumor
11-04-2007, 06:50 AM
I was watching on my father in law's Dish Network. They must be the culprit.

traderumor
11-04-2007, 06:52 AM
Random thought: The Horseshoe looks like an electric football field with the Field Turf.

BuckWoody
11-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Here are a few more pics I took at the game in case anyone is interested.

1. The venerable Ohio Stadium...goosebumps make first appearance.
2. TBDBITL makes its entrance.
3. The band is ready.
4. The touching of the plume…the drum major this year has some skills. If you’re impressed by guys and their ability to handle a baton, he’s your man. ;)
5. The start of Script Ohio.
6. The Drum Major picks up the dot…goosebumps intensify.
7. Woooooooooooooooo! x 105,000.
8. Freeman and Laurinaitis, these guys are nasty.
9. Beanie in the I, somewhere Woody smiles.
10. Best formation of the day, Victory.

BuckWoody
11-04-2007, 10:23 AM
One last picture to tell the final story.

redsfan1966
11-04-2007, 10:30 AM
I think the Big Ten Network has done a fine job of covering games....of course all it really is is an offshoot of Fox Sports Net--so why shouldnt the coverage be professional. When/if all this hoopla about the BTN not being carried by all outlets ends, it will become a staple for us in the midwest just like Espn or FSN.

Chip R
11-04-2007, 11:12 AM
If you’re impressed by guys and their ability to handle a baton, he’s your man. ;)

Hey, keep it clean in here. This is a family board. ;)

goreds2
11-04-2007, 11:54 AM
I think the Big Ten Network has done a fine job of covering games....

I had to listen to the radio broadcast because I don't have the Big Ten Network.

It was not so bad though because when a big play would happen, ESPN NEWS would show it 5 to 10 minutes later. :thumbup:

GAC
11-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Here are a few more pics I took at the game in case anyone is interested.

1. The venerable Ohio Stadium...goosebumps make first appearance.
2. TBDBITL makes its entrance.
3. The band is ready.
4. The touching of the plume…the drum major this year has some skills. If you’re impressed by guys and their ability to handle a baton, he’s your man. ;)
5. The start of Script Ohio.
6. The Drum Major picks up the dot…goosebumps intensify.
7. Woooooooooooooooo! x 105,000.
8. Freeman and Laurinaitis, these guys are nasty.
9. Beanie in the I, somewhere Woody smiles.
10. Best formation of the day, Victory.

Those are some excellent pics BW! I saved them to my computer. Gonna make some screensavers for work. ;)

BuckWoody
11-05-2007, 08:35 AM
Those are some excellent pics BW! I saved them to my computer. Gonna make some screensavers for work. ;)
Thanks. Those I posted are just 25% the size of the originals so let me know which ones you liked and I can send you, or anyone else who might want them, the originals.