PDA

View Full Version : Findlay? Grand Valley State?

dabvu2498
11-07-2007, 09:08 AM
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jF0e7jmxAnA22-LoUCPb9SrnQk7QD8SOILBO2

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2007/11/gvsu_stuns_msu_in_double_ot.html

Gotta love college basketball.

Unassisted
11-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Can't say as I'm surprised that this Buckeye basketball team isn't performing like last year's team. Those were some big shoes to fill.

Highlifeman21
11-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Can't say as I'm surprised that this Buckeye basketball team isn't performing like last year's team. Those were some big shoes to fill.

What'd they lose, 4 starters?

Let's see how good Thad Matta really is now at tOSU.

dougdirt
11-07-2007, 12:57 PM

He will be fine. Its not like he has a lack of recruits.... they just need some experience.

dabvu2498
11-07-2007, 01:07 PM

FYI, Findlay also lost 4 starters last year. From a team that was 29-2.

guttle11
11-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Findlay is the 5th ranked D-2 team.

In an exhibition setting, it's not the least bit surprising. They nearly beat Dayton last week. The outcome of the game means a lot to these schools, and nothing to the D-1 teams. There is absolutely nothing to take from an exhibition outcome.

OSUredsFAN
11-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Yeah I agree. Who really cares??? I believe Louisville lost to Georgetown (Ky) College last year. There have been a few other schools who lost in exhibition play before too. So who really cares!!!

GO BUCKS!!
Back-to-back Big Ten Champions

BuckeyeRedleg
11-07-2007, 04:28 PM
They will be okay. Even if this is a down year by Thad's standards, I have no problem as they are reloading as we speak. Even the most awesome programs have a down year occasionally.

I figure they go 9-7 in Big Ten and win around 20 overall and get in as a 5-7 seed.

The thing that kind of stinks is that Koufos is a one and done player and if this is somewhat of a rebuilding year, it would seem to be more beneficial for the "program" players to get more minutes than him. Oh well.

redsfan1966
11-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Congrats to the University of Findlay....just remember it was an EXHIBITION--if this were a regular season game; rest assured the game would have been played differently by Thad and the boys...

Highlifeman21
11-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Congrats to the University of Findlay....just remember it was an EXHIBITION--if this were a regular season game; rest assured the game would have been played differently by Thad and the boys...

There's probably a lot of truth to this. Exhibitions are glorified scrimmages, and you get to have a dress rehearsal with your team. I'm sure Thad would have played different personnel, and X'd and O'd a little differently if this were a Big Ten game.

max venable
11-09-2007, 12:53 AM
The loss to Findlay, I think, is just what the doctor ordered. It's a reality check and a wake up call to a team that was probably a little too high on themselves.

Thad will have the boys ready to play. They'll win at least 20 games this year...they may even win the Big 10.