PDA

View Full Version : Poll for tOSU fans

Chip R
11-07-2007, 03:00 PM
If a child showed up on your doorstep on Halloween for trick or treating dressed up as a Michigan football player what would you do.

I'm looking for serious responses here as I'm doing a little research on this topic.

This is mainly for people in tOSU territory - especially in the Columbus area.

registerthis
11-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Give him candy, good grief. Withholding candy wouldn't even enter my mind.

guttle11
11-07-2007, 03:20 PM
I suppose I'd give them candy, but I can't promise I wouldn't give them the evil eye.

Unassisted
11-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Maize and blue kids would get the benefit of the doubt and candy from me.

LoganBuck
11-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Third Choice: I go to kitchen and give them a teaspoon of nutmeg in a bag.

BuckWoody
11-07-2007, 04:10 PM
The kid would definitely get candy at our house...and a stern lecture. ;)

westofyou
11-07-2007, 04:16 PM
The kid would definitely get candy at our house...and a stern lecture. ;)

Ughhh I met many like that back in my day, I moved from Ann Arbor to Cincinnati in 8th grade and was forever maligned by teachers, parents and peers about my maize and blue UM jacket.

IMO, nothing is sadder then an adult climbing up a kids butt about a sports team. A little ribbing is fine, but some of the OSU dads I dealt with were a tad over the top on their fervor for the alma mater, all at the expense of displaying a semblance of maturity.

BuckeyeRedleg
11-07-2007, 04:23 PM
I would give the kid a lot of candy because I would feel deeply sorry for them.

Heath
11-07-2007, 04:23 PM
In our small neighborhood, I'd probably know the person who put their kid up to it. :D

If it wasn't someone I knew, just give'em the "Rem Shrug" and extra candy. Obviously they are being neglected at home.

BTW - the funniest commerical has to be that couple making out on the couch with the guy having an OSU shirt on and her having a Michigan Shirt on. Then having the saying "Without sports, this wouldn't be disgusting".

BuckeyeRedleg
11-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Honestly, I usually rib (sorry WOY), but in a good-natured way asking them if they are from Michigan. If they are, I tell them "great".

If they have no ties to Michigan I give them a hard time, but in a very healthy rivalry manner. There used to be a ton of kids around Columbus that sported Michigan gear with no ties, but they have faded in the past few years. Most now genuinely have some sort of tie to Michigan (from there, Mom and Dad went there).

bucksfan2
11-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Ughhh I met many like that back in my day, I moved from Ann Arbor to Cincinnati in 8th grade and was forever maligned by teachers, parents and peers about my maize and blue UM jacket.

IMO, nothing is sadder then an adult climbing up a kids butt about a sports team. A little ribbing is fine, but some of the OSU dads I dealt with were a tad over the top on their fervor for the alma mater, all at the expense of displaying a semblance of maturity.

Really? Cincinnati is the least OSU town of any cities in Ohio. I would be willing to bet if you put a poll up of favorite football team both ND and UM would have a big portion of the tri state fans.

westofyou
11-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Really? Cincinnati is the least OSU town of any cities in Ohio. I would be willing to bet if you put a poll up of favorite football team both ND and UM would have a big portion of the tri state fans.

ND was pretty prevalent, but this was also 30 odd years ago.

BuckWoody
11-07-2007, 04:35 PM

Lighten up, Francis. ;)

gonelong
11-07-2007, 05:00 PM
My House has an OSU Flag hanging outside it, so its no secret where our heart is at.

I had a MICH kid for Halloween. I gave him some candy and chatted about their season.

Last year on the day of THE GAME I pulled into the drive through with my 45 Jersey (Griffen, not Katz) and the guy working the drive through had on MICH stuff. I asked him if he knew that his Momma dressed him funny. ;) We had a pretty good chat about THE GAME.

GL

sonny
11-07-2007, 06:00 PM
I would give him candy, no question.

GAC
11-07-2007, 09:07 PM
I'd give Chad Henne some candy. :lol:

Spring~Fields
11-07-2007, 10:06 PM
The child would get candy here with the Michigan trappings.

On the other hand if he showed up in a Florida Gator outfit I'd have to ask him,
just how fast is a gator? :evil:
I give him a net 82 yard headstart,
then I turn the dogs lose. :oops: :D

redsfan30
11-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Give them candy and not think twice about it.

Cedric
11-07-2007, 11:43 PM

Not in my opinion. TV ratings alone debunk this theory. A Big Ten network Ohio State game got better ratings in Cincy than Mich/Mich State on ESPN. Gotta remember this isn't 1985 anymore. Ohio State is dominating and many people are jumping on the bandwagon. No problem from my point of view.

BoydsOfSummer
11-08-2007, 03:40 AM
I'd call child services. The child is obviously being abused.