PDA

View Full Version : College Gameday at UC and WV game?

GoReds33
11-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Josh Katzowitz of Cincinnati.com is reporting on his blog that there is talk of ESPN's College Gameday coming to UC, after their trouncing of #16 UConn. Next week UC plays WVU in what could decide the Big East Championship. Obdviously some of this was caused by Michigan and OSU both losing, making that game less intresting. I really hope this happens. The Bearcats are a terrific team, and the added boost of having College Gameday here should give them the motivation to beat WVU.

Cyclone792
11-10-2007, 11:08 PM
The West Virginia game is going to be huge. I'm pumped that the game is at home, and they're coming off what is likely their best game of the season. UC is 3-0 so far this season against ranked opponents, and it seems like they've played their best football when they're playing a tough opponent.

If UC can pull off the win, they'll have a decent shot at winning the Big East and grabbing a BCS bid. Connecticut is going to beat Syracuse next week, but they finish up by playing AT West Virginia while UC finishes up at Syracuse.

paintmered
11-11-2007, 12:55 AM
Of course, I'm going to be out of the country next weekend.

GoReds33
11-11-2007, 10:11 AM
He also mentioned that a representative from the Sun Bowl was passing out pamflets. From a financial standpoint that is much better than the international bowl. The Sun bowl pays out 1.5 million, while the Interational bowl pays out half that. Still, if they go to a BCS bowl game, they will make a pretty penny.

SunDeck
11-11-2007, 11:18 AM
If UC needs Gameday to be at the WVU game to get up for it then they are in trouble.

HotCorner
11-11-2007, 01:26 PM
I'll be at the game next week. The wife got us tickets in September. I hoped it would mean something to UC when she ordered them and it now does - it's the most important game in UC football history. A shot at a Big East football title and BCS bid are on the line.

Degenerate39
11-11-2007, 02:52 PM
This will be a good game. I've been pulling for Cincinnati to win this year except when they play my team, WVU. I really don't see Cincy beating West Virginia.

GoReds33
11-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Also for those intrested, the Bearcats rankings are as follows:
USA Today: 25th
AP: 21st
Sportsnation: 21st

OnBaseMachine
11-11-2007, 04:15 PM
I figure Gameday will be in Ann Arbor for the Michigan-OSU game.

Reds Fanatic
11-11-2007, 04:59 PM
The UC game is going to be the ESPN primetime game next Saturday at 7:45

Redlegs23
11-11-2007, 06:47 PM
I figure Gameday will be in Ann Arbor for the Michigan-OSU game.

Each team taking losses last week may affect Gameday's decision. I imagine it will still be in Ann Arbor, but they need to at least consider bringing it to Nippert.

If they do come to Nippert over the OSU Michigan game I imagine Herbstreit will probably suffer a heart attack.

Caveat Emperor
11-11-2007, 07:07 PM
If they do come to Nippert over the OSU Michigan game I imagine Herbstreit will probably suffer a heart attack.

I actually think Herby would be excited to be at a significant, late season matchup for the University of Cincinnati.

He's actually from closer to the Cincinnati area than he is the Columbus area. Plus, listening to him, I get the feeling he's as much a State of Ohio football homer as he is an Ohio State homer.

I think he'd be quite down with covering the 'Cats.

NorrisHopper30
11-11-2007, 08:48 PM
I actually think Herby would be excited to be at a significant, late season matchup for the University of Cincinnati.

He's actually from closer to the Cincinnati area than he is the Columbus area. Plus, listening to him, I get the feeling he's as much a State of Ohio football homer as he is an Ohio State homer.

I think he'd be quite down with covering the 'Cats.
Centerville is kind of in between OSU and UC

dougdirt
11-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Centerville is kind of in between OSU and UC

And somewhere on the bottom of the St X players cletes, because they kicked the crap out of those boys this weekend. Hope its different next weekend.

paintmered
11-11-2007, 09:38 PM
The latest rumor is that gameday is headed to the Clemson game.

NorrisHopper30
11-11-2007, 10:04 PM
And somewhere on the bottom of the St X players cletes, because they kicked the crap out of those boys this weekend. Hope its different next weekend.

I left right after the Moe game just so I could catch the second half of the UC game.

cincinnati chili
11-12-2007, 01:29 AM
The Sun bowl pays out 1.5 million, while the Interational bowl pays out half that. Still, if they go to a BCS bowl game, they will make a pretty penny.

It's been a while since I looked into this, but doesn't the Big East split all bowl money evenly between its teams?

I think that's the case, which means it doesn't really matter financially to the team or the university, except in terms of recruiting and exposure.

The Big East is guaranteed one BCS bid. It's more of a coup for the conference when two teams get in.

When you look into this bowl $$ sharing, you understand why Notre Dame makes so much money off football. They're independent and don't share.

dougdirt
11-12-2007, 09:20 AM
I left right after the Moe game just so I could catch the second half of the UC game.

Me too. Got free tickets to the UC game, so after my Cardinals won we headed to UC to watch the second half of the Bearcats game where we watched former Cardinals beat up on UCONN.

Either way, after next Friday night, its probably the last time I see Darius Ashley run the football in high school, and thats a good thing because he is ridiculously good and as a Colerain fan, I haven't been worried about a player as much as I have been that kid for the last 3 years pretty much ever.

Sea Ray
11-12-2007, 10:51 AM
It's been a while since I looked into this, but doesn't the Big East split all bowl money evenly between its teams?

I think that's the case, which means it doesn't really matter financially to the team or the university, except in terms of recruiting and exposure.

The Big East is guaranteed one BCS bid. It's more of a coup for the conference when two teams get in.

When you look into this bowl $$ sharing, you understand why Notre Dame makes so much money off football. They're independent and don't share.

I think you're correct, but ND doesn't make much unless they go to a bowl. Years like this one are a killer 'cause they won't get any Bowl revenue.

BuckeyeRed27
11-12-2007, 10:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnMicrosite?showID=FBCG

Looks like College Gameday will be in Ann Arbor

GoReds33
11-13-2007, 07:30 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnMicrosite?showID=FBCG

Looks like College Gameday will be in Ann ArborI can't say I agree with the choice, but who am I?

By the way, you all were correct. The Big East does split their bowl money.

OSUredsFAN
11-14-2007, 02:58 PM
I can't say I agree with the choice, but who am I?

By the way, you all were correct. The Big East does split their bowl money.

Why not. This is the Big Ten Championship..... Go Bucks!!!!
Muck Fichigan

Chip R
11-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Not that I was planning to go or anything but it would have been nice to see Gameday come to a campus that isn't a "big name".

BuckeyeRed27
11-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Not that I was planning to go or anything but it would have been nice to see Gameday come to a campus that isn't a "big name".

Last week they were at Amherst College for the Williams/Amherst game. Not exactly household.

Chip R
11-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Last week they were at Amherst College for the Williams/Amherst game. Not exactly household.

I didn't know that. That's cool. Still, they have probably been to Ann Arbor 20 times. Why not throw a little love UC's way?

Caseyfan21
11-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Why not. This is the Big Ten Championship..... Go Bucks!!!!
Muck Fichigan

I'm as big of an OSU fan as any and I'd have rather seen Gameday go to UC. Now we have to deal with the whole Michigan crowd and their love of Desmond. Ugh...plus it's always nice to see a college like UC improving their program. And OSU fans do have a pretty big stake in Saturday's game....any teams above OSU losing is great.

Go Bearcats!!

BuckeyeRed27
11-14-2007, 03:40 PM
I didn't know that. That's cool. Still, they have probably been to Ann Arbor 20 times. Why not throw a little love UC's way?

I think that if they hadn't done the Williams/Amherst last week they may have done come to UC. I might be wrong but I don't think they have done a OSU or Michigan game this year.

Redlegs23
11-15-2007, 11:28 AM
I think that if they hadn't done the Williams/Amherst last week they may have done come to UC. I might be wrong but I don't think they have done a OSU or Michigan game this year.

They were at Penn State for the Ohio State game a few weeks back, but they haven't been to OSU or Michigan's campus yet this year.

Heath
11-15-2007, 01:20 PM
I'd rather them be at UC rather than Ann Arbor. UC would treat it as a National Holiday.

GoReds33
11-15-2007, 03:23 PM
I'd rather them be at UC rather than Ann Arbor. UC would treat it as a National Holiday.Yeah. At Michigan this isn't that big of a deal. At UC it would be rediculious. Maybe next year.