PDA

View Full Version : Butler leaders: Get Nuxie into Hall

robmadden1
11-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Butler leaders: Get Nuxie into Hall
BY AMBER ELLIS | AELLIS@ENQUIRER.COM

Butler County commissioners are giving a boost to Joe Nuxhall’s quest to reach the baseball broadcasting Hall of Fame.

Butler County Commissioner Greg Jolivette announced a two-week campaign today, encouraging residents to get their native son’s name enshrined in the hall.

Nuxhall, a Hamilton native, has twice been nominated to join his longtime partner, Marty Brennaman, in the Hall of Fame.

“Here is a great opportunity for all of us to step up to the plate and give a little something back to a man who has given so much to us,” Jolivette said.

A rally will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday in the atrium of the Butler County Government Services Building, 315 High St., Hamilton.

Nuxhall, 79, started his pitching career at 15 in 1944, becoming the youngest Major League player in history. Affectionately called the “Ol’ Lefthander,” fans know him best as the voice behind Reds baseball on WLW.

In recent years, Nuxhall has battled cancer. He sidelined himself in 2004, but occasionally returns to broadcast home games. Nuxhall is active in the community, offering his name to numerous causes and fundraisers.

To vote, fans can go to: www.baseballhalloffame.org (http://www.baseballhalloffame.org). Voting ends Nov. 30.

The annual Ford C. Frick award is given to broadcasters for “major contributions to baseball.” If selected, Nuxhall would be the fourth former Major League player to receive the award. Brennaman won the honor in 2000.

Vada Pinson Fan
11-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Nuxie is deserving of the Hall. I've tried to remember to vote for Joe each day but I have missed out a day or so, here and there. Please join in (you're allowed to vote once each day for those listed) at the link robmadden1 provided.

Good Luck Joe and keep up the good fight!!! Looking forward to hearing you again in 2008 as well as this off-season on "The Hot Stove League"!!!

Best Wishes,
Vada Pinson Fan

GoReds33
11-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Let's get him in. He is certainly a viable choice, and has been for years. This is Nuxie's year.

goreds2
11-16-2007, 12:48 PM
I thought this thread should be "bumped".

Degenerate39
11-16-2007, 08:22 PM
I just voted for Nux