PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Dish

djc27osu
11-13-2007, 12:37 PM
I am about to move out of my apartment to a new place and was thinking about going to the dish over cable this time. You get a lot more channels and HD channels for less price but I was just seeing if everyone here would recommend the switch. I always here about the picture being terrible or going out when it rains or bad weather, is that really true? Also, does anyone have any suggestions for Directv vs Dish Network? Thank you.

macro
11-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Check out this thread:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60640

EDIT: Oh, and as long as you have a good installation that includes top-quality coaxial cables and the dish properly pointed, you shouldn't have to worry about it going out during storms. We never have that problem, and I suspect that those who do either have sub-standard cabling from the dish to the receiver, a dish that needs repositioning, or both. People used to do their installations themselves, but the dishes have gotten so complicated that they'll send out professionals to do it for you, which should ensure that things are done right.

If you're big into sports, I think Directv would be the way to go. I've been a customer with them since they debuted in 1994, so I may be prejudiced, though.

durl
11-13-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm a prejudiced Directv customer as well. I'm very happy with them for over 10 years. I'd recommend getting their HD-DVR.