PDA

View Full Version : Michigan vs. Ohio State: The Rivalry (on HBO)

WMR
11-14-2007, 12:09 AM
Anyone seen this yet?

Pretty awesome documentary.

Reds Fanatic
11-14-2007, 12:32 AM
That was a great show. If anyone missed it is on again Thursday at 7 PM and Saturday at 10 AM.

pedro
11-14-2007, 12:33 AM
Thought it was great.

Word of advice to anyone with kids: It does have some language in it.

WMR
11-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Thought it was great.

Word of advice to anyone with kids: It does have some language in it.

:eek:

You're not kidding!! :laugh:

pedro
11-14-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm gonna bump this.

Anyone with HBO should check this out.

gonelong
11-15-2007, 12:32 AM
I'm gonna bump this.

Anyone with HBO should check this out.

Just canceled HBO after a 5 year run with it. DOH!

GL

reds44
11-15-2007, 01:30 AM
I love Desmond Howard so much after seeing that, and I'm not a Michigan or a Buckeye fan.

Degenerate39
11-15-2007, 07:07 AM
By the thread title I thought the game was going to be on HBO or something. But then again it's 6 AM and I'm still waking up.

BuckWoody
11-15-2007, 09:33 AM
I caught about the last half hour of this last night and it was some really great stuff. The story that Bo told about Woody refusing to stay home when he was very ill but was supposed to introduce Bo at the Agonis Club in Dayton was very touching. Bo ended the story by saying "Then he went home, and died." They played a bit of the intro that Woody gave for Bo that night and you could tell Woody was near the end, and that he had a very deep and abiding respect for Bo.

westofyou
11-15-2007, 10:58 AM
I saw it yesterday.

It stoked the fires... I now hate OSU again.

I mean I really hate you guys... don't walk in the crosswalk when I'm in the car. ;)

BuckWoody
11-15-2007, 11:38 AM
I saw it yesterday.

I mean I really hate you guys... don't walk in the crosswalk when I'm in the car. ;)
That's OK, if you're anything like Chad Henne you'd miss us anyway. :D

j/k....Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;)

westofyou
11-15-2007, 11:46 AM
That's OK, if you're anything like Chad Henne you'd miss us anyway. :D

j/k....Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;)

Perhaps... or I might just act like an OSU student and skip it altogether.
;)

westofyou
11-15-2007, 11:49 AM
BTW anyone who has twin boys should dress those kids up next Halloween as Bo and Woody... it would be great.

MWM
11-15-2007, 11:53 AM
I love the vitriol. It's what makes rivalries great. And if I know woy, he's being serious in his feelings about OSU. :)

traderumor
11-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Don't make me find the Bob Ufer Lantry missed FG audio link, WOY. Just listened to that the other day on my "Buckeye Glory Days" CD. "No, no, noooooooooooooooooooooooo." :lol::lol::lol:
The goal line stands from the year before are good also (paraphrase) "What do you have to do to get one in down here....They're so darn afraid of Hayes that they won't make the call"

Feel free to post if anyone has a link. :D

MaineRed
11-16-2007, 08:37 AM
Best put-down line from HBO's documentary, “Michigan-Ohio State: The Rivalry" is provided by Ben Sproat, Michigan, Class of '48: “How do you get an OSU grad off your porch? You pay him for the pizza."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11162007/sports/another_sad_sack_effort_on_monday_night_931876.htm ?page=2

Chip R
11-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Best put-down line from HBO's documentary, “Michigan-Ohio State: The Rivalry" is provided by Ben Sproat, Michigan, Class of '48: “How do you get an OSU grad off your porch? You pay him for the pizza."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11162007/sports/another_sad_sack_effort_on_monday_night_931876.htm ?page=2

Man, that joke is older than RFS.

GAC
11-16-2007, 07:43 PM
I saw it yesterday.

Most can out run a Yugo! :D

[just kiddin']

May the best team win! I'm pumped.

This comes on again Saturday morning? I'll have to timer tape it because I'll be heading out to an OSU-Michigan party.

GAC
11-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Chuck was sitting in an airplane when another fellow took a seat beside him. The new guy was an absolute wreck....pale, hands shaking, biting his nails and moaning in fear.

"Hey pal, what's the matter?" Chuck asked.

"Oh man.... I've been transferred to Michigan," the other guy answered, "There's crazy people in Michigan....and they have shootings, gangs, race riots, drugs, the highest crime rate...."

"Hold on" Chuck interrupted, "I've lived in Michigan all my life and it is not as bad as the media says. Find a nice home, go to work, mind your own business, enroll your kids in a good school and it's as safe as anywhere in the world."

The other passenger relaxed and stopped shaking for a moment and said, "Oh thank you. I've been worried to death but if you live there and say it's OK, I'll take your word for it. What do you do for a living?"

"Me?", said Chuck, "I'm a tail gunner on a bread truck in Dearborn."

Reds Fanatic
11-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Most can out run a Yugo! :D

[just kiddin']

May the best team win! I'm pumped.

This comes on again Saturday morning? I'll have to timer tape it because I'll be heading out to an OSU-Michigan party.
Yes it is on at 10 AM tomorrow.

Danny Serafini
11-16-2007, 09:35 PM
I recorded it and finished watching a few minutes ago. If watching that didn't get you really pumped up, you're just dead inside. That was outstanding.

wheels
11-16-2007, 10:45 PM
I dunno.....Living right at ground zero (a stone's throw from the Shoe), some of these folks are too much to take.

I was driving down Neil Ave. a couple of weeks ago when a couple of fellas yelled "O-H!" to me. I didn't respond, so they jumped on top of my car (A Honda Element, no less), and pounded on the ceiling until I had to make a stop, when they both rolled down my hood and into the street.

I'm not as much pumped up as I am hoping Michigan kicks the tar out of the Bucks tomorrow.

.....And I'm a Notre Dame fan.

Great Documentary, though. It really does make me appreciate the rivalry.

LoganBuck
11-16-2007, 11:29 PM
I dunno.....Living right at ground zero (a stone's throw from the Shoe), some of these folks are too much to take.

I was driving down Neil Ave. a couple of weeks ago when a couple of fellas yelled "O-H!" to me. I didn't respond, so they jumped on top of my car (A Honda Element, no less), and pounded on the ceiling until I had to make a stop, when they both rolled down my hood and into the street.

I'm not as much pumped up as I am hoping Michigan kicks the tar out of the Bucks tomorrow.

.....And I'm a Notre Dame fan.

Great Documentary, though. It really does make me appreciate the rivalry.

When in Rome.........

captainmorgan07
11-16-2007, 11:39 PM
great documentary as a buckeye fan that pumped me up. Very touching wat bo said about woody on woodys finals day giving that intro before bo's speech when woody was very fragile. as heated as the 10 year war was those 2 were friends through it out and there not duking it out on that big playing field in the sky as friends.

Highlifeman21
11-17-2007, 02:19 AM
I love Desmond Howard so much after seeing that, and I'm not a Michigan or a Buckeye fan.

I couldn't agree more.

My roommate DVR'd it, and I watched it today and was laughing outloud during most of it.

Just the way Desmond dropped the F-Bombs so nonchalantly was hilarious.

KronoRed
11-17-2007, 02:20 AM
Wow wheels, what a couple of jack-asses

BuckWoody
11-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Chuck was sitting in an airplane when another fellow took a seat beside him. The new guy was an absolute wreck....pale, hands shaking, biting his nails and moaning in fear.

"Hey pal, what's the matter?" Chuck asked.

"Oh man.... I've been transferred to Michigan," the other guy answered, "There's crazy people in Michigan....and they have shootings, gangs, race riots, drugs, the highest crime rate...."

"Hold on" Chuck interrupted, "I've lived in Michigan all my life and it is not as bad as the media says. Find a nice home, go to work, mind your own business, enroll your kids in a good school and it's as safe as anywhere in the world."

The other passenger relaxed and stopped shaking for a moment and said, "Oh thank you. I've been worried to death but if you live there and say it's OK, I'll take your word for it. What do you do for a living?"

"Me?", said Chuck, "I'm a tail gunner on a bread truck in Dearborn."
Uh....I'm gonna go ahead and put that one in the "funny" column. :D

Good luck to all you Wolverites today. I hope your team plays well, I hope that none of them get hurt, and I hope they lose. :)

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f307/buckwoody/Brutus.gifhttp://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f307/buckwoody/0-H-I-O.gif
Go Bucks!!

MWM
11-17-2007, 01:56 PM
What an ugly game so far. I hate it when weather plays such an important role in a game.

It's going to be a close one and I think it will come down to a key turnover late in the game from the weather.

WMR
11-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Barry Larkin sighting on the Michigan sideline.

MWM
11-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Barry Larkin sighting on the Michigan sideline.

I saw that. Almost enough to make me root for Michigan. But not quite. :evil:

It's amazing how young Barry still looks.

MWM
11-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Why no intentional grounding? That was an obvious one.

MWM
11-17-2007, 02:40 PM
I absolutely HATE coach sidleine interviews when they're going into halftime. Lloyd Carr hates them too and I don't blame him one bit for being so short about it.

OnBaseMachine
11-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Florida's defense has allowed 20 points in the first half to Florida Atlantic. Luckily for them the half ended because Florida Atlantic had the ball first and goal at the Florida 6 after a long pass but the half ended.

Heath
11-17-2007, 02:56 PM
First defensive TD wins.

WMR
11-17-2007, 03:03 PM
I saw that. Almost enough to make me root for Michigan. But not quite. :evil:

It's amazing how young Barry still looks.

That's exactly what I thought.

He looks like he could start at SS tomorrow.

WMR
11-17-2007, 03:04 PM
I absolutely HATE coach sidleine interviews when they're going into halftime. Lloyd Carr hates them too and I don't blame him one bit for being so short about it.

I think it was Lloyd Carr... that cute little chick... Cyclone's girl... asked him "Do you know the status of so-and-so's injury?"

His reply: "Yes." :lol:

MWM
11-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Granted, as I'm not into this rivalry as I used to be, but the shot of that girl from Michigan after the Wells TD was priceless.

MWM
11-17-2007, 03:40 PM
With Wells out of the game, I don't see OSU socring again.

You can fell the momentum of the game starting to change with Mallet in the game.

MWM
11-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Well, looks like Tressel is sitting back and saying that he doesn't think Michigan can score, so they're not going to try to do anything stupid.

there's still 12 minutes left. That's a lot of football. I wish they'd at least try to put a little pressure on the Michigan defense. He's conceding a 3 and out every possession.

MWM
11-17-2007, 04:13 PM
With about 4 minutes to go, this has been the most boring OSU - Michigan game I've ever watched.

Gholston is a beast.

MWM
11-17-2007, 04:23 PM
I feel bad for Lloyd Carr. It's time for the program to move one, but he's been a good coach and a good steward of the program.

MWM
11-17-2007, 04:26 PM
The only downside to a game like this for Buckeye fans is now you look back at last week and wonder what might have been.

KronoRed
11-17-2007, 04:35 PM
Florida's defense has allowed 20 points in the first half to Florida Atlantic. Luckily for them the half ended because Florida Atlantic had the ball first and goal at the Florida 6 after a long pass but the half ended.

Florida wins 59-20.

I like how Schnellenberger for FAU still gets all dressed up to coach.

MaineRed
11-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Give FAU credit for their schedule. Kentucky, Minnesota (realize they suck but the game wsa probably scheduled when Maroney and Barber were there), Oklahoma State, South Florida and today with Florida. Pretty impressive for a Sun Belt team.

traderumor
11-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Michigan's three best plays

a punt
two pass inteference penalties
:)

Spring~Fields
11-17-2007, 04:52 PM

a punt

Yeah but, yeah but, yeah but...........:) Tressell is only 6-1 against Michigan...and uh um, Yeah but........;)

WMR
11-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Never thought I'd be rooting for Puke.

westofyou
11-17-2007, 05:21 PM

a punt

You're forgetting the halftime show, that had to be better.

Where can a UM fan get an exorcist so we can get John Cooper out of Carr's body?

MWM
11-17-2007, 05:22 PM
You're forgetting the halftime show, that had to be better.

Where can a UM fan get an exorcist so we can get John Cooper out of Carr's body?

I don't know, but for Michigan's sake, I hope they don't go down to Baton Rouge looking.

traderumor
11-17-2007, 05:29 PM
I thought Tressel went overboard on the ultra ultra conservative play calls after it got 14-3. After the second long Beanie run, they had the ball on the Michigan 32 yard line and was in perfect field position to put the game away. I realize Michigan's only chance was a turnover deep in our own territory, but letting the lead only stay at 11 was playing with fire and was overly conservative, even for Tressel. I know, I know, 6-1, all that, but crazy things happen and we were one turnover away from having to hold on to win in the end.

But the sweetest part of this game was watching Mike Hart play tough guy, giving the "let me at 'em, let me at 'em" at the beginning of the game and on his one block, but then did his little limp off the field routine, yet again, in the end. That's 0-4, there little man. Now, off to your mid-round draft pick draw-a-few-paychecks days in the NFL. I think he might be the first Wolverine I just really cannot stomach.

As for Henne, that cortisone is some good stuff. How he avoided getting picked today is beyond me. I guess he was missing so bad the defenders couldn't even get to the ball.

Marc D
11-17-2007, 05:39 PM
I thought Tressel went overboard on the ultra ultra conservative play calls after it got 14-3. After the second long Beanie run, they had the ball on the Michigan 32 yard line and was in perfect field position to put the game away. I realize Michigan's only chance was a turnover deep in our own territory, but letting the lead only stay at 11 was playing with fire and was overly conservative, even for Tressel. I know, I know, 6-1, all that, but crazy things happen and we were one turnover away from having to hold on to win in the end.

But the sweetest part of this game was watching Mike Hart play tough guy, giving the "let me at 'em, let me at 'em" at the beginning of the game and on his one block, but then did his little limp off the field routine, yet again, in the end. That's 0-4, there little man. Now, off to your mid-round draft pick draw-a-few-paychecks days in the NFL. I think he might be the first Wolverine I just really cannot stomach.

As for Henne, that cortisone is some good stuff. How he avoided getting picked today is beyond me. I guess he was missing so bad the defenders couldn't even get to the ball.

As an OSU fan I must say I have a lot of respect for Henne and Long. Credits to their school and true warriors.

As far as The Cyclist goes I never thought I'd see a bigger punk be a part of The Game than David Boston. I was wrong. The Cyclist just makes my stomach turn and anyone who doesn't believe in Karma hasn't watched his act the past 4 years.

tsun fans keep your heads up, these things run in cycles(pun intended for hart). It will be your day again, right now its ours.

WMR
11-17-2007, 05:57 PM
As an OSU fan I must say I have a lot of respect for Henne and Long. Credits to their school and true warriors.

As far as The Cyclist goes I never thought I'd see a bigger punk be a part of The Game than David Boston. I was wrong. The Cyclist just makes my stomach turn and anyone who doesn't believe in Karma hasn't watched his act the past 4 years.

tsun fans keep your heads up, these things run in cycles(pun intended for hart). It will be your day again, right now its ours.

Please elaborate.

MWM
11-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Please elaborate.

I love MIke Hart as a player. He gets what college football is all about.

And I can't speak for Marc, but I'm guessing it's because Hart has had a tendency to run his mouth about the Buckeyes. After last year's game he pretty much said the better team didn't win and if they played again, Michigan would definitely win. And then all his tough guy act early in the game today, etc...

It doesn't bother me much, but I can see why it annoys Buckeye fans.

OnBaseMachine
11-17-2007, 06:36 PM
UL Monroe just beat Alabama, at Alabama. Wow.

Heath
11-17-2007, 06:40 PM
and dabvu's chances with Vandy went 'doink'.

MWM
11-17-2007, 06:45 PM
UL Monroe just beat Alabama, at Alabama. Wow.

This can't be. They're an SEC team. It must be a misprint.

OnBaseMachine
11-17-2007, 06:49 PM

And Ole Miss is giving LSU a game. Ole Miss had had the ball at the LSU 4 right before the half before self destructing with a delay of game followed by a 15 yard penalty and an interception.

WMR
11-17-2007, 06:49 PM

Lame.

traderumor
11-17-2007, 06:54 PM
As the games are playing out, I think Ohio State was not as overrated as some would like to think and the top 5 teams are easily not any better than what the Buckeyes have done week in and week out. LSU wins my vote for most overrated team, and that was before they backed into the number 1 spot by barely, barely pulling out a game against an Alabama team that just lost to UL Nobody. Still, they will probably not get the chance to prove it on the field.

D-Man
11-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Well, looks like Tressel is sitting back and saying that he doesn't think Michigan can score, so they're not going to try to do anything stupid.

there's still 12 minutes left. That's a lot of football. I wish they'd at least try to put a little pressure on the Michigan defense. He's conceding a 3 and out every possession.

After Boeckman laid an egg in the first half and the bad weather persisted, Tressel had no real choice but to go conservative on offense and put the game in the hands of the defense. On offense, it was Beanie or die.

And the defense stepped up and played a complete game today: the D-line dominated the line of scrimmage, Hart was neutralized, and Henne/Mallet were pressured all day. Michigan's receivers dropping passes helped, too.

I think OSU came prepared to fire away on offense, but after OSU's first drive--where Boeckman slipped and dropped the shotgun snap in consecutive plays--it was apparent that that approach wasn't going to win the game. The coaching staff made adjustments from there on out, and rightfully so.

I think some pundits were a bit presumptuous in writing off OSU's title hopes after last week. As it stands now, the Buckeyes will end up no worse than #4 at the end of the year. Given the schedules of LSU, WVU, and OU, winning out isn't a given for those teams. Far from it.

OSU has saved its best games for the road this year in tough environments (Purdue, PSU, Michigan). I think that should be considered when selecting BCS teams. That evaluation criterium makes OSU look much better than a team like Oklahoma, one that has struggled on the road.

Marc D
11-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Please elaborate.

Nobody in the history of the rivalry has run his mouth more and produced less on the field. Period.

Up to this point I'd give that dubious distinction to David Boston. Now its not even close.

OnBaseMachine
11-17-2007, 08:06 PM
We could possible see a OSU/Oregon Rose Bowl. With Dixon healthy that is a great game. With Dixon out for the year, it's a blowout in favor of Ohio State.

MaineRed
11-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Western Michigan beat Iowa.

LoganBuck
11-17-2007, 10:29 PM
We could possible see a OSU/Oregon Rose Bowl. With Dixon healthy that is a great game. With Dixon out for the year, it's a blowout in favor of Ohio State.

With Dixon healthy Oregon shreds Ohio State, with Dixon out OSU wins pretty easy. Don't forget USC, here. USC will be near full strength by the bowl game, and it would set up a three game series with Ohio State.

MWM
11-17-2007, 10:32 PM
After Boeckman laid an egg in the first half and the bad weather persisted, Tressel had no real choice but to go conservative on offense and put the game in the hands of the defense. On offense, it was Beanie or die.

And the defense stepped up and played a complete game today: the D-line dominated the line of scrimmage, Hart was neutralized, and Henne/Mallet were pressured all day. Michigan's receivers dropping passes helped, too.

I think OSU came prepared to fire away on offense, but after OSU's first drive--where Boeckman slipped and dropped the shotgun snap in consecutive plays--it was apparent that that approach wasn't going to win the game. The coaching staff made adjustments from there on out, and rightfully so.

I think some pundits were a bit presumptuous in writing off OSU's title hopes after last week. As it stands now, the Buckeyes will end up no worse than #4 at the end of the year. Given the schedules of LSU, WVU, and OU, winning out isn't a given for those teams. Far from it.

OSU has saved its best games for the road this year in tough environments (Purdue, PSU, Michigan). I think that should be considered when selecting BCS teams. That evaluation criterium makes OSU look much better than a team like Oklahoma, one that has struggled on the road.

Yeah, you may be right. I would have liked to see something other than straight dives though. Take one shot at letting Robiskie get behind coverage, or try a couple of quick 5 yard play acion passes. It worked today, but 11 points can be erased in a hurry.

OnBaseMachine
11-17-2007, 10:41 PM
With Dixon healthy Oregon shreds Ohio State, with Dixon out OSU wins pretty easy. Don't forget USC, here. USC will be near full strength by the bowl game, and it would set up a three game series with Ohio State.

Unfortunately, USC's playcalling has been awful this year. The offense is only good for 25-30 points unless Sarkistian starts to open things up.

OnBaseMachine
11-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Texas Tech leads Oklahoma 27-7 half way through the second quarter and Texas Tech has the ball. If Oklahoma loses this game then there is a possibility that a team like West Virginia, Ohio State, or Arizona State could reach the national championship. How? Well, if OK loses it eliminates them from NC contention. Kansas and Missouri play each other next week so one of them will be eliminated. And then the winner of that game will play OK in the Big-12 championship game, if OK wins it knocks off the Missouri/Kansas winner. That leaves the final spot for either OSU/WV/ASU assuming LSU beats Arkansas and the SEC East winner.

Unassisted
11-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Yeah, you may be right. I would have liked to see something other than straight dives though. Take one shot at letting Robiskie get behind coverage, or try a couple of quick 5 yard play acion passes. It worked today, but 11 points can be erased in a hurry.

Considering the trouble that Boeckman had getting a handle on the ball and the number of dropped wet balls that Michigan's receivers had, I don't mind at all that he and Tressel didn't air it out more.

MWM
11-17-2007, 11:25 PM
Texas Tech leads Oklahoma 27-7 half way through the second quarter and Texas Tech has the ball. If Oklahoma loses this game then there is a possibility that a team like West Virginia, Ohio State, or Arizona State could reach the national championship. How? Well, if OK loses it eliminates them from NC contention. Kansas and Missouri play each other next week so one of them will be eliminated. And then the winner of that game will play OK in the Big-12 championship game, if OK wins it knocks off the Missouri/Kansas winner. That leaves the final spot for either OSU/WV/ASU assuming LSU beats Arkansas and the SEC East winner.

What will be really interesting is if it comes down to Ohio State, West Virginia, and Mizzouri, will the current order stay the way it is? In other words, will voters look and say, "Do we really want Missouri going against LSU, or would we rather have West Virginia or Ohio State?" Or will they say, "this is the way the order was, so I'm going to keep it the same." I'm not suggesting one team os more deserving than the other, but there is a precedent of this sort of thing happening. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but it will be interesting to see if it becomes about "deserving" vs. "better." Because when it comes down to three teams, each with only one loss, it's all subjective speculation. There is no definitive criteria.

OnBaseMachine
11-17-2007, 11:37 PM
34-10 Texas Tech in the 3rd quarter.

I think Missouri loses somewhere along the line. West Va will most likely win out. Arizona State still has to play USC on Thanksgiving Night plus they playing surging Arizona, if they win both of those it gives them a strong resume to play in the NC. I think it comes down to WV, ASU, and OSU.

MWM
11-17-2007, 11:43 PM
Oklahoma came out in the second half ans was shut down in three plays. They attempted a fake punt and failed. I still think they win. This is Texas Tech, and they always seem to blow these games.

OnBaseMachine
11-17-2007, 11:53 PM
34-13 Texas Tech with 7:04 left in the 3rd quarter.

MWM
11-17-2007, 11:53 PM
Oklahoma is over-rated year in and year out.

OnBaseMachine
11-18-2007, 12:03 AM
Oklahoma is over-rated year in and year out.

Yup. Pollsters always stick them in a BCS bowl and every year they get crushed.

Texas Tec just missed a 51 yard FG as it doinked off the upright. Still 34-13 with 3:20 left in the 3rd quarter.

MWM
11-18-2007, 12:09 AM
the problem with Texas Tech is that they throw so much that they don't take much time off the clock when they drive.

OnBaseMachine
11-18-2007, 12:10 AM
the problem with Texas Tech is that they throw so much that they don't take much time off the clock when they drive.

Harrell threw 47 passes in the first half tonight. :eek:

OnBaseMachine
11-18-2007, 12:12 AM
Texas Tech just intercepted a pass and returned it to the Oklahoma 6 with 34 second sleft in the quarter. That should wrap it up.

OnBaseMachine
11-18-2007, 12:13 AM
Texas Tech just intercepted a pass and returned it to the Oklahoma 6 with 34 second sleft in the quarter. That should wrap it up.

And now OK intercepts a pass that was batted in the air. Why not just run the damn ball there?

KronoRed
11-18-2007, 12:14 AM
Does Texas Tech even have a running back?

Leech is a fine offensive coach but someone needs to tell him running some clock isn't a bad thing.

OnBaseMachine
11-18-2007, 12:16 AM
34-13 Texas Tech after three quarters. Tech is letting them stay in the game with some bad playcalling there. I absolutely love the spread em out and throw it 60 times a game offense, but there is a time when you have to run the ball. That was the time right there. At worst you run three minutes off the clock and get an easy FG and put the game away.

MWM
11-18-2007, 12:18 AM
Well, Vince Gil does do some boneheaded things at times.

OnBaseMachine
11-18-2007, 12:23 AM
Well, Vince Gil does do some boneheaded things at times.

:laugh:

I had never noticed the resemblence until you just brought it up.

OnBaseMachine
11-18-2007, 12:38 AM
Still 34-13 Texas Tech with 8:41 left in the game and OK has the ball at their own 38.

OnBaseMachine
11-18-2007, 12:41 AM
65 yard TD for Oklahoma. 34-20 with 7:50 left.

OnBaseMachine
11-18-2007, 12:49 AM
Texas Tech goes three and out. OK ball at their own 45 with 6:30 left. This would be one heck of a choke job. A three TD lead and the ball at the OK 6 yard line with 15 minutes left in the game and they're in danger of blowing it. Wow.

OnBaseMachine
11-18-2007, 12:51 AM
Oklahoma ahs a first and goal. On Tech's last drive they only used up a minute. This choke job goes completely on Leach for being stubborn.

MWM
11-18-2007, 12:51 AM
I'm telling you, Tech is going to blow this game. They've done this time after time under Leach. They get a big lead with that offense, and then put on the brakes, and their defense can't stop anyone. this is what they do. They're the Michigan State of the Big 12.

OnBaseMachine
11-18-2007, 12:56 AM
Turnover on downs. Tech ball at their own 20 with 5:10 left. RUN THE BALL!

OnBaseMachine
11-18-2007, 12:57 AM
Harrell has throw 72 passes and they are still passing.

KronoRed
11-18-2007, 12:58 AM
Are they trying to give OU another shot?

OnBaseMachine
11-18-2007, 12:59 AM
Tech goes three and out as Oklahoma uses up all their timeouts. 4:08 remaining in the game.

MWM
11-18-2007, 01:00 AM
LMAO at TT defense.

OnBaseMachine
11-18-2007, 01:05 AM
Turnover on downs again with 3:10 left. Tech just needs to run in out...

MWM
11-18-2007, 01:08 AM
One of these days pollsters will realize that Oklahoma just isn't that good.

Ultimately, I think it's going to come down to Ohio State and West Virginia playing against LSU. It's just a matter of who the pollsters like more. I don't think it's a clear cut case.

OnBaseMachine
11-18-2007, 01:09 AM
TD Oklahoma. 34-27 with 31 seconds left.

OnBaseMachine
11-18-2007, 01:12 AM
Tech recovers the onside kick. Take a knee and the game is over, though I'm sure Leach will pull off the fake kneel and throw a hail mary.

Chip R
11-18-2007, 01:14 AM
Gunz up for Zorro!

OnBaseMachine
11-18-2007, 01:14 AM
Texas Tech upsets #4 Oklahoma 34-27!

MWM
11-18-2007, 02:54 AM
I have to give Herbstreit credit here. In the College Gameday show he predicted Texas Tech would upset Oklahoma. I thought he was nuts. He has a pretty good record of calling these types of upsets.

Unassisted
12-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Starting in 2009, the Big 10 rivalry games will happen a week later.

http://www.ohionewsnow.com/?sec=sports&story=sites/ONN/content/pool/200712/1998338870.html

OSU v. Michigan To Move Back A Week
Statewide
Dec 11 2007 11:14AM

Cleveland, Ohio - Thanksgiving leftovers and the Ohio State-Michigan game could become a new tradition.

The Big Ten will move to a 13-week schedule beginning in 2009, pushing the rivalry game and the rest of the conference's schedule to the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Big Ten school presidents voted to support a 13-week schedule on Dec. 2, spokesman Scott Chipman said. That will allow teams one week off during the 12-game regular season.

Since the NCAA adopted a 12-game schedule in 2006, many Big Ten coaches have been calling for a bye week to give coaches and players a mental and physical break instead of three straight months of football.

Other coaches, including Ohio State's Jim Tressel and retiring Michigan coach Lloyd Carr, supported the Big Ten tradition of ending the season before Thanksgiving, though no other conference in college football finishes as early.

"I really like the fact our players and coaches can go home for Thanksgiving," Tressel said on Nov. 20, three days after the Michigan game and two days before Thanksgiving.

"We ask so much of these kids, to train all year long, and for them to get four days to just be kids with their parents, I put a lot of value on that," Tressel said.

In the end, it was money that won out over tradition. The 12th game allows most major schools an extra home game, and Ohio State turns a $4 million to $5 million profit off each game at Ohio Stadium in Columbus.

The move to after Thanksgiving isn't unprecedented.

Since President Franklin Roosevelt signed legislation in 1941 that officially decreed the fourth Thursday of November as Thanksgiving, the Ohio State-Michigan game has been played after Thanksgiving 16 times, but only four times in the past 29 years.

The most recent was in 2001.

Chipman said teams may choose to move a game to after Thanksgiving next year if it is cleared through the Big Ten, but Ohio State won't be changing its schedule. Though conference schedules have been set through 2011, the presidents instructed the league office to start adjusting the schedules in 2009.