PDA

View Full Version : FSN Ohio HD and FSN Cincinnati HD now available

durl
11-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Both channels are now available on Directv. Be prepared for plenty of baseball in HD next season!

HotCorner
11-14-2007, 09:49 AM
Rejoice!

BuckWoody
11-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

for the Lord God Omnipotent reigneth.
Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

The kingdom of this world is become
the Kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and of His Christ;
and He shall reign for ever and ever

King of Kings,
for ever and ever. Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
and Lord of Lords,

King of Kings,
and Lord of Lords,

King of Kings,
and Lord of Lords,

King of Kings, and Lord of Lords,

King of Kings

and He shall reign for ever and ever,
for ever and ever,
King of Kings,
and Lord of Lords,
King of Kings,
and Lord of Lords,
and He shall reign for ever and ever,

King of Kings,
and Lord of Lords.
Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

durl
11-14-2007, 12:15 PM
<stands>

Allegro
11-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but make sure you realize that not all of the Reds broadcasts last year were actually broadcast in HD. I would guess that only around 10-15% (20 or so games all year) were. Hopefully that number increases this year.

durl
11-14-2007, 02:41 PM
I believe the number will increase by next spring. With so many RSNs going HD, customers are going to be expecting to see HD on an HD network.

Hey, if the BigTen network can show college golf in HD, you gotta believe MLB can drastically increase their number of HD broadcasts.

GAC
11-14-2007, 08:25 PM
I'll be switching to Directv by spring.

Sea Ray
11-14-2007, 08:53 PM
I'll be switching to Directv by spring.

TWC better know that you won't be the only one if they don't get into gear on this one.

GAC
11-14-2007, 09:26 PM
TWC better know that you won't be the only one if they don't get into gear on this one.

I have Charter Communications; but yeah, I agree.

Why have a HD 55" Sony TV if my cable provider has no immediate, future plans to accomodate HD broadcasts?

I just bought a HD DVD player, as well as a few HD DVDs, and.... WOW!

That's like telling someone that color TV is a fad and will never make it, or that 8-tracks is still the way to go! :lol:

macro
11-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but make sure you realize that not all of the Reds broadcasts last year were actually broadcast in HD. I would guess that only around 10-15% (20 or so games all year) were. Hopefully that number increases this year.

FSN made 15 Reds games available in HD this past year, but those of us with Directv didn't even get all of those. Since the new birds hadn't yet been launched, Directv set aside two channels for HD MLB broadcasts, so even though the Reds were on FSN Cincinnati in HD, it didn't necessarily mean that Directv chose that game to put on one of those two channels.

That will no longer be an issue, however, since they now have a channel dedicated to just the HD games shown by FSN Cincinnati. Other FSNs have their own channels, as well. Hopefully FSN will significantly increase the number of Reds games they make available in HD in 2008. Standard definition broadcasts from FSN are BRUTAL on a large HDTV -- probably the worst picture of all the channels Directv offers.

One thing that surprised me about the addition of the HD channel for FSN Cincinnati this past Wednesday was that the channel (638-1) only lights up to broadcast a game in HD. Otherwise, it stays dark and the rest of the FSN Cincinnati programming still has to be gotten from 638, where it has always come from. So, the only HD programming we'll get from FSN Cin is games that happen to be available in HD. Not that it matters much to me, because I seldom watch that channel for anything but Reds games, anyway.

macro
11-15-2007, 09:41 AM
I just bought a HD DVD player, as well as a few HD DVDs, and.... WOW!

The "Wow" factor that is experienced with that first HDTV is something I won't forget. We got our first one last March and I sat in amazement as I watched some of the pictures that showed up on the screen. Eight months later, the screen has "shrunk" and the "wow" factor has subsided to some extent, but it's still the most excited I've been about electronics since my first 18" Directv dish in 1994.

durl
11-15-2007, 11:28 AM
One thing that surprised me about the addition of the HD channel for FSN Cincinnati this past Wednesday was that the channel (638-1) only lights up to broadcast a game in HD. Otherwise, it stays dark and the rest of the FSN Cincinnati programming still has to be gotten from 638, where it has always come from. So, the only HD programming we'll get from FSN Cin is games that happen to be available in HD. Not that it matters much to me, because I seldom watch that channel for anything but Reds games, anyway.

I was a little surpised at that as well. I was hoping to clear the SD channel off my guide (if the HD channel didn't feature stretch-o-vision) to keep things clean. But as long as it lights up every time there's an HD broadcast, I'll be a happy camper.