PDA

View Full Version : WVU-UC prediction thread.

BearcatShane
11-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Biggest game in the history of UC football, the NIP will rock from it's very foundation(I'll be there in section 134), it's the ESPN Primetime game and UC is playing for a potential Big East Championship and BCS birth. Is this game too big for UC? Yes, but I don't care, 31-21 Bearcats!!!

I'm bringing Oranges!

HotCorner
11-15-2007, 11:17 PM
I'll be at the game too but haven't been to the NIP in a few years. What's the best suggestion for parking?

NorrisHopper30
11-15-2007, 11:18 PM
I'm going to go on a limb and say UC by double digits :)

guttle11
11-15-2007, 11:21 PM
If White and Slaton continue their national TV fumbleits, UC going away. If not, WVU squeaks one out.

paintmered
11-15-2007, 11:23 PM
I'll be at the game too but haven't been to the NIP in a few years. What's the best suggestion for parking?

Get there EARLY. There's a few more people that show up for the games these days.

On campus parking has improved with the Calhoun St. garage, but it will run you $8-9. Be sure to visit http://www.gobearcats.com
if you go on-campus. There are some lots reserved for UCATS and handicapped. Also, the traffic patterns around campus are altered for game day. That link will have all the details.

The Stratford Heights garages are a worth a look, as is the Deaconess Hospital garage. Those are both cheaper than on-campus. Also, I think Mecklenberg Gardens runs a shuttle from the restaurant (great German food, BTW) to campus. It's within walking distance (~15 minute walk) if you can't grab the shuttle on the return trip.

DoogMinAmo
11-16-2007, 12:41 AM
Is anyone else ridiculously stoked for this game?

Uc's team seems to get better and better each week, they have proven themselves time and time again against ranked foes, they are everything the Bengals wish they could be, they are hungry, blue collar, and play with heart, strong defense with an exciting offense.

The game against WV in the Nip will be a final step for the program, proof positive that it has made it. There are so many possible positive repercussions from a UC win, including a first ever BCS invitation, and I have a feeling we wont be let down!

I was not smart enough to follow my gut and get season tickets before the season started, so I will be watching from a bar, but I guarantee the entire city will be rooting for the Cats Saturday!

Oh,

UC 31 WV 28

dougdirt
11-16-2007, 01:05 AM
Bearcats - 27
Chris Henrys - 24

Degenerate39
11-16-2007, 07:26 AM
Wvu - 31
Uc - 27

LoganBuck
11-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Uwv 45
Uc 31

SunDeck
11-16-2007, 08:30 AM
UC 79
WVU 2

I may be letting my Bearcat enthusiasm get the best of me.
Ya think?

paintmered
11-16-2007, 08:31 AM
UC 79
WVU 2

I may be letting my Bearcat enthusiasm get the best of me.
Ya think?

Imagine the score if WVU didn't have Ditka. :eek:

RFS62
11-16-2007, 08:40 AM
I predict pain.

NorrisHopper30
11-16-2007, 10:12 AM
Uwv 45
Uc 31

Really think WVU can score 45 on UC?

joshnky
11-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Personally, I don't really care who wins but as I Big East fan I'd like to see WV win convincingly. With Oregon losing WV is on the cusp of the national championship game. It looks like it will be LSU vs. Big 12 Champ but if LSU loses in the SEC championship game WV could slide in.

Redlegs23
11-16-2007, 10:36 AM
UC - 31
WVU - 28

I've never been this jacked up for any football game in my life. We need the crowd to be there early and be loud. I'll be there in the general admission section going nutso with the students. If I had to pick who I thought the better team was, I may pick WVU, but the best team may not win this game. There will be a lot of emotion on the line being senior night and the possible implications that this game has. Let get the Nip rockin' tomorrow night!

HotCorner
11-16-2007, 10:58 AM
Get there EARLY. There's a few more people that show up for the games these days.

On campus parking has improved with the Calhoun St. garage, but it will run you $8-9. Be sure to visit http://www.gobearcats.com
if you go on-campus. There are some lots reserved for UCATS and handicapped. Also, the traffic patterns around campus are altered for game day. That link will have all the details.

The Stratford Heights garages are a worth a look, as is the Deaconess Hospital garage. Those are both cheaper than on-campus. Also, I think Mecklenberg Gardens runs a shuttle from the restaurant (great German food, BTW) to campus. It's within walking distance (~15 minute walk) if you can't grab the shuttle on the return trip.

Thanks for the advice!

camisadelgolf
11-16-2007, 01:43 PM
This game will be a big disappointment for UC fans. Fortunately, it will be a bigger disappointment for West Virginia: UC 41, WVU 20

dougdirt
11-16-2007, 01:46 PM
I just hope that if UC wins.... the students don't do the dumb thing and storm the field. I will be disappointed.

Oh, and student section, step it up. You guys sucked in the UCONN game. I was there and in the student section, lots of people just standing around socializing and not into the game.

camisadelgolf
11-16-2007, 01:58 PM
I just hope that if UC wins.... the students don't do the dumb thing and storm the field. I will be disappointed.

Oh, and student section, step it up. You guys sucked in the UCONN game. I was there and in the student section, lots of people just standing around socializing and not into the game.

I'm not trying to pick a fight--I'm just curious: I stormed the field during the Rutgers game. Would you say that was dumb?

When UC beats WVU, I don't see how the field won't be stormed.

HotCorner
11-16-2007, 02:39 PM

Agreed. It would be the biggest win in UC football history.

Highlifeman21
11-16-2007, 02:48 PM

While storming the field has been performed at the wrong times as of late in a variety of sports, should UC beat WVU @ Nippert, then by all means the Bearcats and their faithful should PROUDLY storm the field. It will be the biggest win in school history, and should be celebrated accordingly.

As for the student section not being into the game vs UConn, there's no reason to get into against a 2nd rate citizen of a team like the Huskies. While the Huskies are a decent team, they weren't a top 15 team, and are probably barely a top 25 team. They'll have a rude awakening when they face WVU @ WVU next week.

dougdirt
11-16-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm not trying to pick a fight--I'm just curious: I stormed the field during the Rutgers game. Would you say that was dumb?

No. Last year we were unranked and beat a Top 10 team.

I know that if they win the fans will storm the field, I just think that times have changed from a team view and this team is legit and to beat a very good team, while impressive isn't something you should storm the field over. Maybe I am overthinking it, but when good teams beat other good teams, you shouldn't storm the field.

dougdirt
11-16-2007, 03:28 PM
While storming the field has been performed at the wrong times as of late in a variety of sports, should UC beat WVU @ Nippert, then by all means the Bearcats and their faithful should PROUDLY storm the field. It will be the biggest win in school history, and should be celebrated accordingly.

As for the student section not being into the game vs UConn, there's no reason to get into against a 2nd rate citizen of a team like the Huskies. While the Huskies are a decent team, they weren't a top 15 team, and are probably barely a top 25 team. They'll have a rude awakening when they face WVU @ WVU next week.
Last I checked, UConn was 13th in the country during the game weren't they?

As for storming the field, see my post above.

GoReds33
11-16-2007, 08:22 PM
I'll be at the game too but haven't been to the NIP in a few years. What's the best suggestion for parking?Another tip would be to park at the high school across the street. It is free, but it may have some risk. I have parked there earlier this year though, with no problem.

SeeinRed
11-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Maybe its just because it is gameday, but the more I ponder the game, the more I think UC can win. This is the type of game that can make a program. They have nothing to lose in the big picture. If they lose, hey it was a great year anyway. Way better than expected, and it looks to only be getting better. If they win... I can't even wrap my mind around that right now. If they don't trip up after that, you are looking at BCS bound Bearcats. WOW. If they play their game and don't get wrapped up in the hype, this team is going to do something special today. I'm getting chills already.

Is it just me, or as a Cincinnati sports fan do you always have a guarded sense of excitement even if the team you root for is very good. You are always waiting for the let down. I can already picture UC winning today, but losing to Syracuse. That or winning out but UConn also winning out making UC's run Fruitless. Not that a 2 loss season would be fruitless, just not winning the Big East Championship would be dissapointing in some sense. If the Reds would have a magic number of 1 with 30 games to go (Exaggeration, I know), I wouldn't get excited because I could see them losing all 30 games and the other team winning all 30. Thats just the way the modern Cincinnati sports fan has been trained IMO. Sad, but true. Anybody else feel that way?

Sorry about the negative.... Anyway, GO UC!!!!

camisadelgolf
11-17-2007, 12:52 PM
SeeinRed, I'm also reluctant to be excited and optimistic. I'm pretty sure the Bearcats will win by 30+ points, but I'm trying to un-jinx myself by saying the victory will be of a smaller margin.

Redlegs23
11-17-2007, 01:27 PM
It's tailgating time! I'm heading out the door right now for Clifton. I have my adult beverages on ice and I'm ready to roll. Time to send the Brokeback Mountaineers home with a loss!

dman
11-17-2007, 06:45 PM
U.C. is like Illinois, a sleeper team with some good talent lurking to pull off and upset of a higher ranked team. Hopefully this will be thir game to do it.

GoReds33
11-17-2007, 08:35 PM
I couldn't make the game tonight. My ride won't take me. I guess that means I'm gonna have to party by myself.:(

Tonight should be the biggest game in UC history. Let's go Bearcats!!!:clap:

Degenerate39
11-17-2007, 08:58 PM
Schmitt is a beast

Reds4Life
11-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Geez, think the ESPN guys are pro WVU much?

Chip R
11-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Sounds like Morgantown west there in Clifton. I'm very impressed with WV so far. People may not wnt to see them in the BCS championship but they seem to be as good as anyone out there.

Matt700wlw
11-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Geez, think the ESPN guys are pro WVU much?

Seems like most national outlets are pro whomever is playing Cincinnati.....

No matter the sports, and no matter how good or bad the teams may be.

WMR
11-17-2007, 11:28 PM
How many does Cincinnati's stadium seat?

WMR
11-17-2007, 11:29 PM
HOW DOES MIKE PATRICK NOT KNOW WHAT A CONEY DOG IS???

Welcome to Earth, buddy.

WMR
11-17-2007, 11:31 PM
I just heard it announced on the PA as a sell-out crowd of 35,000-something, I think. Did I hear that right?

RedFanAlways1966
11-17-2007, 11:33 PM
I just heard it announced on the PA as a sell-out crowd of 35,000-something, I think. Did I hear that right?

35,097 according to wikipedia.

WMR
11-17-2007, 11:45 PM

Thanks, RFA.

Not too big, is it? Wonder if they might expand some day?

RedFanAlways1966
11-17-2007, 11:50 PM

If they keep continued success, they just might. I remember years ago (1980's?) when they had to close sections of it b/c it was not structurally safe! IIRC the Bearcats played at Riverfront stadium for awhile b/c they refurbished Nippert.

guttle11
11-18-2007, 12:01 AM
It's almost comical how WVU turns the ball over almost on cue in every close game.

KronoRed
11-18-2007, 12:05 AM
It's almost comical how WVU turns the ball over almost on cue in every close game.

Point shaving? :D

Chip R
11-18-2007, 12:27 AM
Thanks, RFA.

There was talk about it earlier this year - when they were undefeated. The problem is that they can really only grow up and not out since they are kind of hemmed in. A new stadium really isn't practical on campus since there isn't any room there for it. Then, of course, there is the money to build it.

WMR
11-18-2007, 05:59 AM
There was talk about it earlier this year - when they were undefeated. The problem is that they can really only grow up and not out since they are kind of hemmed in. A new stadium really isn't practical on campus since there isn't any room there for it. Then, of course, there is the money to build it.

Give 'em PBS. Bengals don't deserve it.

KronoRed
11-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Give 'em PBS. Bengals don't deserve it.

Let em share, Pittsburgh does it.

WMR
11-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Let em share, Pittsburgh does it.

Considering who's paying for that stadium, they should be allowed to if they want. :angry:

Redlegs23
11-18-2007, 03:44 PM
I hope they don't go to PBS. Nippert is a great place to watch a game and it has a pretty good home field advantage. Expand what you can with the Nip and keep playing there.

WVPacman
11-19-2007, 01:45 AM
To all the Bearcat fans!!! The Bearcats better not have their heads down after they lost.Those guys played with TREMENDOUS heart in that game.Their QB and that WR(85) are beasts!!!! Those two played a great game along with the whole Cincinnati team.You guys are quickly becoming a good team and you will keep getting better every year on I think so.

We are happy to have you in the Big East b/c your team is on the rise and your fans seem to be very classy.I have talked to alot of WVU fans that went to the game and they have said nothing but good things about you.They love how your team is getting better and better and the Cincinnati fans were awesome torwards them.They said they had a blast with alot of Bearcat fans with alot of fun trash talking;).

Congrats on your great season and win out and win your bowl game.:beerme:

will5979
11-19-2007, 12:27 PM
To all the Bearcat fans!!! The Bearcats better not have their heads down after they lost.Those guys played with TREMENDOUS heart in that game.Their QB and that WR(85) are beasts!!!! Those two played a great game along with the whole Cincinnati team.You guys are quickly becoming a good team and you will keep getting better every year on I think so.

We are happy to have you in the Big East b/c your team is on the rise and your fans seem to be very classy.I have talked to alot of WVU fans that went to the game and they have said nothing but good things about you.They love how your team is getting better and better and the Cincinnati fans were awesome torwards them.They said they had a blast with alot of Bearcat fans with alot of fun trash talking;).

Congrats on your great season and win out and win your bowl game.:beerme:

Yeah what he said! As a bigtime WVU fan I am hoping that EVERY team that we play will finish strong to make us look good, even Pitt.

paintmered
11-19-2007, 01:53 PM

That wikipedia edit is compliments of yours truely. That's the limit of "announced attendance" permitted by the fire marshall.