11-16-2007, 09:34 PM
www.edkleese.blogspot.com

NFL Week Eleven Picks, Pats, and Apologies

Last Week: 8-6
Season: 89-55
Record Picking Redskins Games: 6-3
Against the Spread: 18-16-2
Lock of the Week: 7-2

Last Week’s Pats: The Cardinals are playing VERY well at home, and I correctly rode them again last week. Also picked two road winners in divisional contests (Denver, Dallas).

Last Week’s Apologies: Miami was THIS close, but I guess I owe the Bills an apology for picking them to be the Dolphins first victim. Small apology to the Chargers, who did what they needed to do to escape the Colts game with a win.

This Week’s Picks:

San Diego at Jacksonville: Last time I thought San Diego was “putting it together,” they laid an egg in Minnesota. Let’s try this again.

Chargers 20, Jaguars 17

Cleveland at Baltimore: The Ravens are flat awful right now, but I have a strange feeling that the Brows may be flat following their emotional loss in Pittsburgh last week.

Ravens 19, Browns 17

New York Giants at Detroit: I still think the Giants are the second best team in the NFC right now; just clearly inferior to Dallas. My theory will be put to the test this week. If the Giants lose, they are just another run-of-the-mill NFC team battling for a playoff spot.

Giants 27, Lions 20

New Orleans at Houston: Can’t figure this one out at all. The Saints were rolling and then got jacked up by the winless Rams? Houston is pretty tough at home. Very shaky vote for the Texans.

Texans 26, Saints 23

Carolina at Green Bay: The Panthers offense is just putrid, and their defense isn’t nearly good enough to win games by themselves. I could see the Packers “going through the motions” this week leading up to their big road games in Detroit and Dallas, but I still like them to find a way.

Packers 21, Panthers 16

Kansas City at Indianapolis: It looked like Indy was still reeling a bit last week from their loss to New England. I could see this malaise continuing for a few weeks, but they are simply too talented to not put the Chiefs away fairly early in this one.

Colts 34, Chiefs 17

Oakland at Minnesota: Going to roll the dice here and say Duante Culpepper comes back into the Metrodome and beats his old team with some late heroics. Watching the Vikings offense without Adrian Peterson is like watching Baywatch without the female lifeguards.

Raiders 16, Vikings 13

Miami at Philadelphia: For the second time this year, an NFC East team on life support went into Washington and had their season resuscitated. Look for the Eagles to carry this momentum for a few weeks. Oh wait, they play New England next week? Check that, look for the Eagles to carry this momentum for one week.

Eagles 28, Dolphins 17

Tampa Bay at Atlanta: The Falcons have fought hard all season long and they are currently on a modest two game winning streak. Tampa doesn’t exactly blow teams away, so I expect this one to be close and wouldn’t be shocked at all to see the Falcons snag a win.

Bucs 22, Falcons 17

Arizona at Cincinnati: Another really tough one here. I think the Cardinals are the better team, but they’ve been bad on the road this year and the Bengals showed some mild signs of life last week in Baltimore. Going against my gut here and taking the Bengals.

Bengals 27, Cardinals 24

Pittsburgh at New York Jets: I liked what I saw two weeks ago from Kellen Clemens, but the rookie is in for a long afternoon this Sunday.

Steelers 29, Jets 13

Washington at Dallas: If the Redskins had some positive momentum headed into this game AND were relatively healthy, I’d pick Dallas to win by 14.

Cowboys 38, Redskins 13

St. Louis at San Francisco: Ugh. Just ugh.

Rams 27, 49ers 19

Chicago at Seattle: My instincts are telling me to pick Chicago to get the big win they’ve been looking for all season, but I saw how badly they struggled to beat Oakland last week, and I simply don’t think the Bears are very good.

Seahawks 23, Bears 14

New England at Buffalo: I have a strange feeling the Bills make this one interesting. That strange feeling may simply be insanity.

Patriots 33, Bills 14

Tennessee at Denver: The AFC West is up for grabs and I think Denver may have gotten themselves back on track last week with their easy win in Kansas City. Just not sold on that Titans offense quite yet.

Broncos 24, Titans 20

4 To Score

1. Chargers (+3) against the Jags. Jacksonville is too inconsistent for me
2. Broncos (-2) against the Titans. Thinking here is that Denver got things back in order last week
3. Cowboys (-10.5) against the Redskins. Dallas riding high, Redskins dragging
4. Raiders (+5) against the Vikings. No Adrian = no offense in