PDA

View Full Version : Lookouts name Staff

JaxRed
11-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Manager - Mike Goff (new)
Pitching Coach - Chris Bosio (new)
Hitting Coach - Jamie Dismuke (returning)

http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/templates/sports.aspx?articleid=25419&zoneid=6

BoydsOfSummer
11-17-2007, 08:17 PM
I'll assume that isn't former Bengal guard, Mike Goff.

4256 Hits
11-17-2007, 08:22 PM
I'll assume that isn't former Bengal guard, Mike Goff.

He is still busy blocking for LT in San Diego. ;)

Joseph
11-18-2007, 09:49 AM
I had to look him up too Boyd.

Both have heavy ties to the Mariners organization, which is new for this franchise.

redsmetz
11-20-2007, 05:37 AM
Bosio was the D Ray's pitching coach in 2003, then went to the Mariners organization. Last year he was the pitching coach at Lawrence University in Wisconsin.

redsmetz
11-20-2007, 05:39 AM
And from the Mariners' website viz Goff

Named bench coach on July 3, 2007. Mike is in his second full season as a Major League coach with Seattle, his 16th season in Mariners the organization...in addition to coaching first base, works with baserunners...finished the 2005 season as the ML first base coach after joining the club Aug. 13; concurrently finished his ninth season as the coordinator of instruction for the Mariners minor league system...Goff managed low-A Wisconsin to the Midwest League Championship series in 1996 and was manager of the West team in the MWL All-Star Game...also managed at Wisconsin in 1995...spent 1993-94 as manager at short-A Bellingham...took 1993 team to second consecutive division title in first season at helm; swept Everett in season-ending four-game series to overtake Giants...in 1992, began his professional coaching career as a minor league coach with double-A Jacksonville...spent previous three years as an assistant coach at the University of South Alabama division title in first season at helm; swept Everett in season-ending four-game series to overtake Giants...in 1992, began his professional coaching career as a minor league coach with double-A Jacksonville...spent previous three years as an assistant coach at the University of South Alabama.