PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Humiliation?

WMR
11-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Is there anything worse than having the ARIZONA CARDINALS come into your house and kick your butt up and down the field?

redsmetz
11-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Is there anything worse than having the ARIZONA CARDINALS come into your house and kick your butt up and down the field?

That would be humiliation. We're being humbled, not humble. In fact, we're being humiliated.

KronoRed
11-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Kurt Warner is still playing?!?

WMR
11-18-2007, 03:01 PM
That would be humiliation. We're being humbled, not humble. In fact, we're being humiliated.

:redface:

Thanks, rm.

WMR
11-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Lap CHEWING CHAD JOHNSON'S BUTT HARDDDD after that last turn-over.

After Chad fumbled the ball, apparently he just sat on his butt watching the player who recovered it run.

"DON'T ACT LIKE A LITTLE BABY, GET YOUR BUTT UP AND STAY IN THE PLAY, YOU JUST MIGHT TACKLE HIM AND PREVENT A SCORE"

OldRightHander
11-18-2007, 03:06 PM
I don't even know what to say any more about this team. That fumble was absolutely inexcusable.

OldRightHander
11-18-2007, 03:08 PM
That play was something else. I hope Henry can keep himself out of trouble from now on. You have to wonder what could have been offensively if he had been here all year long.

WMR
11-18-2007, 03:09 PM
That play was something else. I hope Henry can keep himself out of trouble from now on. You have to wonder what could have been offensively if he had been here all year long.

He is a wonderful talent.

If he can avoid going to prison, he'll make a lot of amazing plays in his career.

OldRightHander
11-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Wow!

Screwball
11-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Wow is right! What an incredible individual effort from Dede right there.

OldRightHander
11-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Didn't the play clock hit 0 on that play?

OldRightHander
11-18-2007, 03:27 PM
@#%$

cincy jacket
11-18-2007, 03:28 PM
WOW, what is up with carson today? TJ was wide open there and he tries to force it into double coverage on Chad.

WMR
11-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Worst game of Carson's career???

Screwball
11-18-2007, 03:30 PM
3 picks?! C'mon Carson.

OldRightHander
11-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Worst game of Carson's career???

Possibly, but oddly enough there's still a lot of time left for him to redeem himself.

WMR
11-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Possibly, but oddly enough there's still a lot of time left for him to redeem himself.

:lol: It's the bleepin' Cardinals!! :laugh:

guttle11
11-18-2007, 03:38 PM
I love how the Bengals go away from what works. They've had the sideline open all day long, yet they throw to the middle where the Cardinals are just sitting, waiting to jump the routes. Throw. Ball. Sideline. Deep.

I hate this team.

SunDeck
11-18-2007, 03:41 PM
So glad I'm at work, not able to watch this game, as if it would be on at any bar outside Cincinnati anyway.

The Bungles are back to square one, people. At least over the last couple of years, one could say they were a few defensive positions away from competing, but this team is off the charts weak in too many key areas.

Go Bearcats.

OldRightHander
11-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Definitely an off day for Carson, almost his fourth pick. Against a better team, the Bengals would be getting blown out right now, but they're still in this game in spite of the sloppy play. If the run defense hadn't been as good as it's been today, it would be a lot worse as well.

WMR
11-18-2007, 03:48 PM
So glad I'm at work, not able to watch this game, as if it would be on at any bar outside Cincinnati anyway.

The Bungles are back to square one, people. At least over the last couple of years, one could say they were a few defensive positions away from competing, but this team is off the charts weak in too many key areas.

Go Bearcats.

http://cityofdavisonweblogs.org/html/uploaded_images/nepotism-luck-735741.jpg

guttle11
11-18-2007, 03:54 PM
The middle of the field hasn't worked all day. What do the Bengals do? Throw four straight passes to the middle of the field. Three of which had no shot to be completed.

OldRightHander
11-18-2007, 03:59 PM
The middle of the field hasn't worked all day. What do the Bengals do? Throw four straight passes to the middle of the field. Three of which had no shot to be completed.

Yep, and the sideline routes have been open all day long. Makes you wonder sometimes.

cincy jacket
11-18-2007, 04:04 PM
CATCH THE BALL!!

macro
11-18-2007, 04:05 PM
One of the announcers pointed this out earlier:

If the Ravens hadn't committed six turnovers in each of their two meetings, Cincinnati would be 1-9 following today's loss to the Cardinals. Mighty fine franchise we've got down on the river.

OldRightHander
11-18-2007, 04:10 PM
The defense is giving the offense every chance to get back in this game and they just can't get it done. It's usually the other way around.

guttle11
11-18-2007, 04:12 PM
They went back over the middle on 3rd and 4th the last drive, and had no shot.

Go outside and deep!

cincy jacket
11-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Who didn't see that coming?

WMR
11-18-2007, 04:17 PM
:lol:

guttle11
11-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Over the middle again. They just didn't want to take what the defense tried to give them all day. Absolutely no in-game adjustments by the Bengals.

On a positive note, the second half was the best half of football I've seen that defense play in a long, long time.

WMR
11-18-2007, 04:30 PM
DID ANYONE JUST SEE THAT KICK FROM PHIL DAWSON??????

IT HIT THE LEFT BAR, THE CROSSBAR, AND THEN WENT OUT

Never seen that before.

WMR
11-18-2007, 04:31 PM
It might actually have gone through and then come back out???

WMR
11-18-2007, 04:31 PM
That's a GOOD FIELD GOAL

WMR
11-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Solomon Wilcots = Captain Obvious

WMR
11-18-2007, 04:34 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Baltimore aren't very happy campers right now.

UKFlounder
11-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Who dey, baby.

What a great performance. I've not seen a team make more of an effort to lose a game in a long, long time.

Palmer should be happy with the contract extension he got a couple years ago, 'cause he's turned into an INT machine and is simply not a dependable QB anymore.

The sad thing is that as bad as he is, he's still about the best player on this team.

At least we can be sure of adding another year without a playoff victory. That's something they can be proud of

Patrick Bateman
11-18-2007, 04:47 PM
Palmer not a dependable QB? Ridiculous. I have no problem blaming anyone on this team except for Palmer. He had a tough day today, but the Bengals dropped like 7 balls, mostly at key times. It's not easy quarterbacking with no line and no running game. All considering he moved the ball well today, but when you throw 51 times, picks are going to happen.

WMR
11-18-2007, 04:49 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH Ravens lose. :lol:

Reds Freak
11-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Who dey, baby.

What a great performance. I've not seen a team make more of an effort to lose a game in a long, long time.

Palmer should be happy with the contract extension he got a couple years ago, 'cause he's turned into an INT machine and is simply not a dependable QB anymore.

The sad thing is that as bad as he is, he's still about the best player on this team.

At least we can be sure of adding another year without a playoff victory. That's something they can be proud of

Come on now, obviously Palmer had a horrible day today but what does it really matter? A 6-10 record instead of a 5-11 record? Palmer is one of the top five QB's in the game and he feels like he has to make every single play because nobody else out there is doing anything. Peyton Manning threw SIX picks last game, is he not dependable anymore? This is a trash year anyway and looking into the future the QB position is the least of the Bengals' worries.

guttle11
11-18-2007, 04:56 PM
If Carson gets so much as a hangnail I suggest putting him on IR. We'll get a better draft slot, and keep him healthy.

WMR
11-18-2007, 05:07 PM
If Carson gets so much as a hangnail I suggest putting him on IR. We'll get a better draft slot, and keep him healthy.

Too bad we got rid of Doug Johnson, he could have surely contributed in that endeavor.

UKFlounder
11-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Perhaps I overreacted, but that's 14 INT in 10 games, with 4 games of 2 picks and this one of 4 (13 INTs last year, 12 the year before)

Perhaps it's simply a case of when he's bad, he's really bad. To average more than an interception per game is simply not good, but, it's not like he's the one hurting the team, in most games.

Same old Bungles

MWM
11-18-2007, 05:12 PM
This is what happens when you can't run the ball at all.

guttle11
11-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Perhaps I overreacted, but that's 14 INT in 10 games, with 4 games of 2 picks and this one of 4 (13 INTs last year, 12 the year before)

Perhaps it's simply a case of when he's bad, he's really bad. To average more than an interception per game is simply not good, but, it's not like he's the one hurting the team, in most games.

Same old Bungles

I blame bad offensive play calling and lack of a run game WAY more than Carson. The Cardinals stacked the middle of the field today trying to stop the run and the passes over the middle. They played a 3 deep zone with giant holes about 25 yards down field, and the entire sideline. What did the Bengals do all game? Threw short passes (15 yards and under) over the middle. Rolle and the LBs were just waiting to jump the routes all day long. Often time there were 2 or 3 Cardinals between the receiver and the ball.

I bet the Bengals completed 75% of their passes to the sideline today, but they only threw there like 25% of the time. Bad, bad, bad. They went deep, what, once? For a TD, too.

And you have to love the redzone play calling consisting of short passes to the TEs, shovel passes, and RB routes to the flats. With the receiving talent they have, that's almost criminal.

Screwball
11-18-2007, 05:25 PM

I thought Watson was pretty effective when he ran the rock -- 9 carries for 45 yards (5.0 ypc). However Rudi continued to confirm my stance that he should be relegated to permanent backup with 25 yards on 8 carries (~3.0 ypc). Why they don't make Watson the feature back is beyond me.

Drops continue to kill this offense as well. IMO, they've directly costed us 2 games. That's the difference between 3-7 and 5-5.

Cooper
11-18-2007, 05:30 PM
CP stared down a lot of receivers --didn't look anyone off-the defense just sat back and read his eyes.

CTA513
11-18-2007, 07:32 PM

:thumbup:

deltachi8
11-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Hey, it could be worse, you could have lost to the Jets...

jmcclain19
11-19-2007, 04:24 AM
Hey now kids - I wouldn't be bagging too hard on the Cardinals.

The Bengals sure do give the Cards an excellent neck and neck run for worst run football organization of the last 20 years.

camisadelgolf
11-19-2007, 06:16 AM
It looked to me like at least two of Palmer's interceptions were a case of either A.) Palmer expecting the wrong route or B.) the receiver not running the route he was supposed to.

Highlifeman21
11-19-2007, 07:41 AM
It looked to me like at least two of Palmer's interceptions were a case of either A.) Palmer expecting the wrong route or B.) the receiver not running the route he was supposed to.

That seems to be the case with Palmer's INTs over the last couple of years. He just seems to be trying to execute different plays than his WRs, b/c they aren't in places where he expects them to be.

Ocho Cinco is probably the main culprit of these "wrong routes". A lot of times Chad's going a lot deeper than Palmer expects him, and Palmer's throwing into a shorter route where more often than not, a DB jumps the route, and well... you know the rest of the story.

I hate to say it, but to me, that signals a two-fold problem. 1. Personnel. 2. Offensive Coordinator.

TeamSelig
11-19-2007, 12:53 PM
Anyone else just looking forward to a good draft pick? Who are the front runners this year? I expect about a top 5 pick or so.

traderumor
11-19-2007, 03:35 PM
I hate to say it, but to me, that signals a two-fold problem. 1. Personnel. 2. Offensive Coordinator.What other options are there?

UKFlounder
11-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Anyone else just looking forward to a good draft pick? Who are the front runners this year? I expect about a top 5 pick or so.

I think they'll have a good draft position, but whether they actually make a good pick is an entirely different question.

DE, TE, RB?, CB, LB, OT?, WR? - lots of possibilities, especially if big Willie keeps getting hurt, Chad gets traded, Rudi doesn't turn it around. Lot of wholes to fill, including a good pass rusher either at DE or LB.

BoydsOfSummer
11-19-2007, 06:28 PM
:D

Yachtzee
11-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Hey now kids - I wouldn't be bagging too hard on the Cardinals.

The Bengals sure do give the Cards an excellent neck and neck run for worst run football organization of the last 20 years.

At least the Bengals aren't so lame that they lay claim to an NFL Championship they never won.

:p:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1925_NFL_Championship_controversy

GoReds33
11-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Anyone else just looking forward to a good draft pick? Who are the front runners this year? I expect about a top 5 pick or so.I doubt it will be top 5, but don't put it past em. They need more defensive linemen. That D-line just doesn't cut it. I also think they need to cut ties with Justin Smith. He's good, it's just that we could get more with that money.