PDA

View Full Version : Brewers reach agreement with free agent catcher Kendall

Degenerate39
11-23-2007, 08:56 AM
Brewers reach agreement with free agent catcher Kendall

November 21, 2007

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Catcher Jason Kendall and the Milwaukee Brewers reached a preliminary agreement Wednesday on a one-year contract.

The deal, which includes a 2009 option that could become guaranteed, is subject to Kendall passing a physical. Milwaukee made the move one day after trading catcher Johnny Estrada, to the New York Mets for reliever Guillermo Mota.

Kendall hit .270 with 19 RBIs in 57 games with the Chicago Cubs after a midseason trade from Oakland. Prior to the trade, Kendall batted .226 with 33 RBIs for the Athletics.

Estrada, who was acquired in a trade with Arizona last offseason, hit .278 with 10 homers and 54 RBIs for Milwaukee last season but was considered a defensive liability.

Reached at his home in Southern California, Kendall declined comment until the deal was complete.

"It's close," Kendall said, referring questions to his agent, Joel Wolfe.

Wolfe did not immediately return a telephone message left by The Associated Press.

*BaseClogger*
11-23-2007, 09:33 AM
so is he better than David Ross too?

EDIT- glad to see him back in the NL Central!

DannyB
11-23-2007, 01:50 PM
so is he better than David Ross too?

EDIT- glad to see him back in the NL Central!

You talkin to me?:)
Hey I think my little sister is better than Ross,but thats just me.

Ross is due $2.5mil +$375k buyout this yr. No way he is worth that.
If Kendall signs for $850k like Larue then I would say that is alot better than $2.8mil.

Will M
11-23-2007, 05:30 PM
You talkin to me?:)
Hey I think my little sister is better than Ross,but thats just me.

Ross is due $2.5mil +$375k buyout this yr. No way he is worth that.
If Kendall signs for $850k like Larue then I would say that is alot better than $2.8mil.

Actaully the market price for a backup catcher right now on the free agent market ( Castro from the Mets ) is $2M/year.

*BaseClogger*
11-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Actaully the market price for a backup catcher right now on the free agent market ( Castro from the Mets ) is $2M/year.

yes I believe it stated that Kendall will get 3 mill

TDHND
11-30-2007, 10:33 AM
it appears he enjoys playing in the nl central. be the 3rd different team in the central he's played on.

Ahhhorsepoo
11-30-2007, 10:40 AM
I still cant believe they traded for guisteroid mota..

mroby85
11-30-2007, 10:40 AM
i think if i were the brew crew, i wouldve put that $ with the 42 mill i offered cordero to bring him back instead, lol.

*BaseClogger*
11-30-2007, 11:24 AM
i think if i were the brew crew, i wouldve put that $ with the 42 mill i offered cordero to bring him back instead, lol.

According to reports, Cordero never gave them a chance...